Sankaku Complex Forums » Meta

[closed]

Bandai is shutting down it's presses

1. So yes the sad day has come at last. Bandai has officially announced that past february they will not be printing or acquiring rights to any new series. This includes things like Kannagi manga 4-6,Code Geass Renya of the Darkness, Turn A Gundam and so on. As i'm sure we all remember Toonami showed a good many bandai series and the time was bandai released some of if not the best series we could hope to see here. And now the time has come they are closing their doors for publishing and it is a sad sad day indeed. at least for me.

The link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-02/bandai-entertainment-to-stop-releasing-new-dvds-bds-manga

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. EVERYONE FLIP OUT BASED ON MINIMAL INFORMATION

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Both a spelling and grammar error in the title, you might want to edit that.

Peter brought this up in the YDT, I'm not surprised. With giants like Viz already occupying the majority of the market and Bandai US's complete staff of 5. Bandai should just stick to merch and licensing.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. giascle said:
    EVERYONE FLIP OUT BASED ON MINIMAL INFORMATION

======

Sir...

This is... "the standard" ...here... you know that...

Attachments

1. Erika.jpg 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. giascle said:
    EVERYONE FLIP OUT BASED ON MINIMAL INFORMATION

ALREADY ON IT! MY GUN IS COCKED AND LOADED! NOW I GOTTA FIND MY LOVED ONES SO WE CAN ALL REACH A BLISSFUL AFTERLIFE BEFORE THEY STOP SHIPPING ANIMU!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Mikorio said:
    Both a spelling and grammar error in the title, you might want to edit that.

Peter brought this up in the YDT, I'm not surprised. With giants like Viz already occupying the majority of the market and Bandai US's complete staff of 5. Bandai should just stick to merch and licensing.

Yeah same sad nonetheless however. And giascle we DO have information. Bandai themselves will no longer be publishing things instead it seems they'll be in charge of licensing.

Oh and i NEVER meant this to be a wig out thread and more a thread about Bandai themselves. I mean i can;t be the only one who had their series be a MAJOR part of their childhood. And i figured at least some others might share my sense of..hmm sorrow i guess at the loss of such a formerly great empire/company.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. This makes me sad.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. gundam4ever2 said:
    This makes me sad.

Same and at least SOMEONE understands the point of this thread.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Mikorio said:
    Both a spelling and grammar error in the title, you might want to edit that.

Funimation holds the majority of the market.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. As long as Bandi keeps the Gunpla flowing, nothing else matters.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Peter Barton said:

Funimation holds the majority of the market.

Agreed though Manga wise its definitely VIZ.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Hmmm. The only thing I own that's licensed from them is the first volume Kannagi and the first volume of k-on!. Both of which I probably won't be planning on buying more of. Well at least k-on!. I'll probably be buying Kannagi in Japanese anyway.

So meh.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Attachments

1. oh-noes.gif 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. I'm guessing Gundam and i am the only ones here who were watching toonami back in the day and noticed how pretty much every show we loved was here thanks to bandai. That or you guys are just obsessed with the concept of trying to incite issues when on occasion it could just be wanting to share in the sadness of the loss of an old company with even semi like minded individuals.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Or we're just not convinced they're going to completely disappear out of the blue like you think they will.

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Mikorio said:
    With giants like Viz already occupying the majority of the market and Bandai US's complete staff of 5. Bandai should just stick to merch and licensing.

Outsourcing publishing project is the best route for them.
    They should focus on tasks which are best for their profits.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. giascle said:
    Or we're just not convinced they're going to completely disappear out of the blue like you think they will.

I NEVER said they were and even the article says they aren't. They're just gonna stop publishing new material and not renew old licenses. So YES their old stuff will still be in print as special order it seems for a time but the company as we knew it IS gone.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Sorrior said:
    the loss of an old company

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Bandai made it expensive to sell Gundam Unicore, and harder to buy it in stores. I tried finding it at my local Video store it seems Bandai didn't even care to release it in some stores.From what I remember they wanted to sell on the Bandai website I guess that failed.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. I loved Toonami when I was a kid, but I can't say that this news has upset me at all.

Posted 2 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.