Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

  1. the-envoy said:
    Well I don't think autistic people are the next step of evolution. But if there are more evolved people among us, I kinda pity them. Even assuming they have superior intellect and skills, they are isolated and trapped as a subspecies within a slightly more primitive species.
    Most of them may never know of the existence of others like them. They never fit into the normal world. They would have to forsake their own logic for the more inferior one of the masses in order to fit in. Despite having superior abilities, they will never be at the top, because as we well know, getting ahead in the world is not about what you know but who you know.
    And they will not breed because they will be ronery. And we are not like ourselves back in the animal days where one can just fuck someone and reproduce via rape.

    This pretty much. And i'd rather saywe're a POSSIBLE START to evolution. If anything we're just as far as you say a subspecies.

    Jakuryusei said:

    I wouldn't say that. If you take a minute to stalk his activity you'll actually see traces of intelligent points here and there, but for whatever reason 90% of his energy seems to be going into putting off others around him...

    Silly creature~ I wonder what his motivations are. :3

    QI tweeted an great quote from Einstein the other day, "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

    Offhandedly, I think I'll never tease fish again.

    I like this quote.

    Oh and in similar news i now have 3 female friends who enjoy hanging out with me. ALL have asbergers dig anime/manga and oddly enough they all also have celtic first names.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  2. Sorrior said:

    I like this quote.

    Oh and in similar news i now have 3 female friends who enjoy hanging out with me. ALL have asbergers dig anime/manga and oddly enough they all also have celtic first names.

    Oh yeah? What's that like? :3

    I *think* I've met a few people who may have had it... but I never asked. I suppose I'm not exactly the greatest conversationalist. most I ever got from them was a "good morning."

    (Quite an accomplishment to be sure.)

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  3. Jakuryusei said:

    I wouldn't say that. If you take a minute to stalk his activity you'll actually see traces of intelligent points here and there, but for whatever reason 90% of his energy seems to be going into putting off others around him...

    Silly creature~ I wonder what his motivations are. :3

    QI tweeted an great quote from Einstein the other day, "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

    Offhandedly, I think I'll never tease fish again.

    Never tease the wrong fish.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  4. Avatar Image

    WPE

    Sorrior said:
     

    am I misremembering, or are you the guy that has Asperger's

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  5. Sorrior said:

    This pretty much. And i'd rather saywe're a POSSIBLE START to evolution. If anything we're just as far as you say a subspecies.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/29/health/autism/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  6. the-envoy said:

    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/29/health/autism/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

    I find it far less likely that so many more kids are autistic and far more likely that doctors are more eager to diagnosis it as it becomes the hottest mental disorder.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  7. ^^^^^^^^^

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  8. Neat Hedgehog said:

    I find it far less likely that so many more kids are autistic and far more likely that doctors are more eager to diagnosis it as it becomes the hottest mental disorder.

    I was thinking the same thing that autism is being used as a blanket diagnoses for conditions that were classified as something else in the past.

    A good example Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison,and Albert Einstein would be classified as having aspergers vs being considered eccentric.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  9. Neat Hedgehog said:

    I find it far less likely that so many more kids are autistic and far more likely that doctors are more eager to diagnosis it as it becomes the hottest mental disorder.

    Mark Roithmayr, president of the advocacy group Autism Speaks, says more children are being diagnosed with autism because of "better diagnosis, broader diagnosis, better awareness, and roughly 50% of 'We don't know.'"
    He said the numbers show there is an epidemic of autism in the United States.

    Mark here contradicts himself within the same article.

    Char said:

    I was thinking the same thing that autism is being used as a blanket diagnoses for conditions that were classified as something else in the past.

    A good example Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison,and Albert Einstein would be classified as having aspergers vs being considered eccentric.

    If autism is classified as having poor social skills while being prone to obsession, as it seemed to imply in the article, wouldn't many otaku be autistic then? I do seriously think being obsessed with details is the way forward for the human species, but unfortunately these people lack the skills to translate their talents to more practical means for the masses. And they don't breed. The same is true for "successful" professionals. They don't breed as much as the dumb unwashed masses.

    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/creative-thinkering/201201/the-idiocracy-theory

    Which is why we will end up with this:

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  10. Neat Hedgehog said:

    I find it far less likely that so many more kids are autistic and far more likely that doctors are more eager to diagnosis it as it becomes the hottest mental disorder.

    it could also be that everyone is "special", addiction and obesity are diseases and stupid people are not really stupid they are just autistic or learn different. it's all nonsense.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  11. No, there are definitely stupid people.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  12. the-envoy said:

    Mark Roithmayr, president of the advocacy group Autism Speaks, says more children are being diagnosed with autism because of "better diagnosis, broader diagnosis, better awareness, and roughly 50% of 'We don't know.'"
    He said the numbers show there is an epidemic of autism in the United States.

    Mark here contradicts himself within the same article.

    If autism is classified as having poor social skills while being prone to obsession, as it seemed to imply in the article, wouldn't many otaku be autistic then? I do seriously think being obsessed with details is the way forward for the human species, but unfortunately these people lack the skills to translate their talents to more practical means for the masses. And they don't breed. The same is true for "successful" professionals. They don't breed as much as the dumb unwashed masses.

    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/creative-thinkering/201201/the-idiocracy-theory

    Which is why we will end up with this:

    Actually when in a group of others with things like autism and/or asbergers we do perfectly. We seem to just come with different defacto social skills.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  13. sighs.....

    Attachments

    1. catnap.JPG 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  14. UncommonOtaku said:
    sighs.....

    TBH i had thought this thread dead as well. I also say we MAY be not an evolution per se but agin MAYBE a step towards one. But only time will truly tell.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  15. I sighed, becoz,... One hundred years ago, everyone with a flaw was either put to death or left to die, . . Unless you were born into lots of money, you were kept some place else and lived out your days far from society.

    One thousand years ago, only the strong survived.

    Today, the population grows with leaps and bounds regardless of someone having a disability or disease. Because in "civilized & modern" hospitals, they go the extra mile to save every life, regardless of the consequences.
    Its not evolution at all. Whether someone contributes to society or not, whether they pass on their genes or not.... isn't what is at stake.

    Its a special interest, that only drains resources. Financially, as well as legal litigators and lobbyists.

    The difference between now and 50 years ago, is that things got done and there weren't a hundred different factions of special interest groups dividing the political parties.

    There is no progress - society & human civilization is stagnating.
    When the last of the easy oil is gone, you can bet everything is gonna go to hell quick.
    Luckily most of you will grow old before the shit hits the fan.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  16. Uncommon miyaowed sumtink....

    Bingo.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  17. UncommonOtaku said:
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/creative-thinkering/201201/the-idiocracy-theory

    That's the cycle of every civilization I suppose, assuming no sudden events with all-reaching impacts. Grow, prosper, get decadent and fall. Repeat.

    At the end of each cycle, there will be a survival of the fittest trend going on. So unless the fall comes really hard and wipes out every last human, it will go on. It just feels that we've reached the pinnacle of our current cycle and it's only downhill from now on. I pity the next couple of generations.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  18. mieyaoe?

    mieyaoe?

    We'll be lucky if some of the Fukushima radiation landed in some toxic waste dump in China where a mutant strain of something nasty is going to start spreading in Asia and go west into the EU.
    Before the natural resources run out the herd needs a good culling.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  19. UncommonOtaku said:
    mieyaoe?

    mieyaoe?

    I'm saying this generation is not at the end, but rather at the beginning of the end.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  20. UncommonOtaku said:
    mieyaoe?

    mieyaoe?

    We'll be lucky if some of the Fukushima radiation landed in some toxic waste dump in China where a mutant strain of something nasty is going to start spreading in Asia and go west into the EU.
    Before the natural resources run out the herd needs a good culling.

    Actually i can say i agree with this. However believe it or not stories of the weakness of autism(even if JUST asbergers) are highly exgerated. For instance by common logic i am supposed to have TERRIBLE balance. Yet i am able to balance 2-3 half eaten large pizzas(serving tools included) in my arms while moving through a crowd of people down cramped stairs switching the location of my arms and whether walking straight or sideways the whole way down. Not gymnast level but still pretty damn good sense of balance. Or how about if i bothered working out i'd actually be rather strong.

    Oh and the norse considered those who had what today would be called a disability(berserkers) as being blessed by a god. Today however it would be(and IS) considered a severe mental imbalance that must be dealt with either by medicine or locking up. Insome ancient cultures those we consider insane today might have been thought of as seers/prophets/shamanand so on.

    Though in places like england during even the dark ages i would tend to agree.

    the-envoy said:

    I'm saying this generation is not at the end, but rather at the beginning of the end.

    We may be. Though as i said before if people like me are a sign of a change only time will tell if we're the start to a new mental form at least or not. Though 2-4 years ago i woulda said yes right off the bat, i have since lowered my hubris a tad.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote

Reply »

You must log in to post.