Sankaku Complex Forums » Games

1. http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/225089/square-enix-aiming-for-quick-turnaround-on-future-final-fantasies/

http://jin115.com/archives/51827504.html

I'll just leave this here and see if anyone's raging. At least all other major gaming message boards have people BAAAAWWWWing already, lol.

*still playing Bad Company*

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Not good. Too much recycling as is. Besides it would take something away(more than already has) if they did this IMO at least.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. No! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Chucking out a new game once a year will ruin the industry. Worst decision evar!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. motaku96 said:
    No! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Chucking out a new game once a year will ruin the industry. Worst decision evar!!

>will ruin the industry
    >future tense

Oh motaku, you card!

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. They definetly shouldn't have a new game every year, otherwise it'll start to get really repetitive (See: Assassin's Creed). However I would like it if they were able to shorten developing times a bit on the franchise, there was like a 5 year gap between FF XII and FF XIII.

Maybe 1 game every 2 years would be good enough? It's worked wonders for franchises like Uncharted, Mass Effect and Batman. In any event, I can't wait for XIII - 2 and Versus XIII.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Avatar Image

Final Fantasy 7 was the best FF ever.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. daviddrake said:
    They definetly shouldn't have a new game every year, otherwise it'll start to get really repetitive (See: Assassin's Creed). However I would like it if they were able to shorten developing times a bit on the franchise, there was like a 5 year gap between FF XII and FF XIII.

Maybe 1 game every 2 years would be good enough? It's worked wonders for franchises like Uncharted, Mass Effect and Batman. In any event, I can't wait for XIII - 2 and Versus XIII.

I don't think 'every year' is the kind of scheduling they're looking for. They're probably looking to make it every two years if the gap between MW2 and MW3 is to be believed.

At first glance, it looks reasonable; Offline FFs have been developed by two seperate teams with releases alternating between each other starting FFIX.

1. FFVIII - Yoshinori Kitase camp
    2. FFIX - Hiroyuki Ito camp
    3. FFX - Yoshinori Kitase camp
    4. FFXII - Hiroyuki Ito camp
    5. FFXIII - Yoshinori Kitase camp

If they wanna release every two years, then each camp will have 4 years to develop the game. Seemed reasonable, right?

Arguably, the team dynamic has been in a mess since they start the whole 'Crystals' series, so there's reason to worry. Matsuno had to leave halfway through FFXII, and Nomura still hasn't done with Versus, telling us to forget about it temporarily while he's off to work on mobile games, lol.

Whatever Wada wants to do with the company, we can't do shit about it.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. jollyafrican said:

Haha, no.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. jollyafrican said:

My personal favourite was X.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. jollyafrican said:

Anyone who denies this is a troll

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. A new ff7 every year ? i am in.

If they want to release a ff title every 15 months, sqwaynix should let themselves get bought by EA. Where the real pros of sequels are.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. observer said:

If they want to release a ff title every 15 months, sqwaynix should let themselves get bought by EA. Where the real pros of sequels are.

Yeah, as perfectly demonstrated by the FIFA franchise. :~(

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. daviddrake said:

My personal favourite was X.

VIII and IX for me. Though X is up there.

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. observer said:
    A new ff7 every year ? i am in.

observe better

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. since we talking favorite ff 7 9 and 10

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. pfft. FF 4, 6, 8 and 10.

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. I only played 3

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. jollyafrican said:

nope 6 was the better game

7 is overrated

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Final Fantasy needs to die, Call of Duty needs to die, Square needs to die, Activision needs to die, and most importantly,

BOBBY KOTICK NEEDS TO DIE TWICE!!!!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. ghostfacenomore said:

nope 6 was the better game

7 is overrated

6 is the most overrated game in history. Only LoZ:OoT even comes close.

Posted 3 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.