Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls aid

1. Back story does not make a good game plot if it's not woven into the game itself.

Posted 3 years ago # Quote
  2. mere said:
    Back story does not make a good game plot if it's not woven into the game itself.

It was all there, you had to go out and discover the story for yourself. Nothing was given to you. You inspected your items (it gave a bit of history), you talked to the npc's, you had to actually find the story. That's what made the game different.
    It made the Demon's Souls community different since everyone was pitching in to try and discover the entire story behind the game.

3. ryuu said:
    It was all there, you had to go out and discover the story for yourself.

Isn't that what a RPG is about?

Think of it through your character's point of view. You're a demon hunter who perished on a mission, brought to the Nexus, don't know squat whats going on, and has to figure it out yourself

4. giovist said:

Isn't that what a RPG is about?

Think of it through your character's point of view. You're a demon hunter who perished on a mission, brought to the Nexus, don't know squat whats going on, and has to figure it out yourself

Damn straight, the only thing I hate about Demon's Souls is the god awful drop rates of certain items. I mean how the hell was I suppose to get a pureblade stone with a 1/200 drop rate (took 3 days of farming the black phantom dual wielding black skeletons). I still need to find 3 chunks of marrow and 2 chunks of cloud to platinum the game.

Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  5. Homie you have the same problem I had when I played DS, I also needed those stones, Bladestone is pure luck; I still have nightmares with the incessant grinding for the Marrowstones from those giant ticks, Cloudstone was 50/50 fun cuz I got to use a awesome sword to play with then it got annoying. But man when you get the Platinum you can look back and think "wow I mastered a said to be a punishing game" :)

Speaking of Platinums I just got it for Dark Souls just a moment ago, my torment can rest now.
    A word of advice try to get to DarkMoon +1 to get the miracle before get too strong. At my level it is extremely rare to invade a guilty player and so it took my whole day to grind those damn Souvenirs of Reprisal from those half-breed Birdman abominations, who also very rarely drops it. :P

6. giovist said:
    Homie you have the same problem I had when I played DS, I also needed those stones, Bladestone is pure luck; I still have nightmares with the incessant grinding for the Marrowstones from those giant ticks, Cloudstone was 50/50 fun cuz I got to use a awesome sword to play with then it got annoying. But man when you get the Platinum you can look back and think "wow I mastered a said to be a punishing game" :)

Speaking of Platinums I just got it for Dark Souls just a moment ago, my torment can rest now.
    A word of advice try to get to DarkMoon +1 to get the miracle before get too strong. At my level it is extremely rare to invade a guilty player and so it took my whole day to grind those damn Souvenirs of Reprisal from those half-breed Birdman abominations, who also very rarely drops it. :P

Dark Souls servers are terrible compared to Demon's Souls (P2P servers instead of a dedicated server). I always enjoyed a good invasion (it got the heart pumping) but I've only been invaded once in Dark Souls. The forest covenant was fun for awhile but one of the npc's fell off the cliff and I was kicked out.

7. ryuu said:
    Dark Souls servers are terrible compared to Demon's Souls (P2P servers instead of a dedicated server).

You think that also has something to do with the crappy frame-rate issues?

ryuu said:
    The forest covenant was fun for awhile but one of the npc's fell off the cliff and I was kicked out.

Why don't you try getting invaded by the Forest Hippies now, there isn't a level restriction on it. I was owning so many hippies usually its the same ones and it was pretty fun especially that I was in the Darkwraiths and started stealing the humanity from any sucker that invaded XD

8. giovist said:

You think that also has something to do with the crappy frame-rate issues?

Why don't you try getting invaded by the Forest Hippies now, there isn't a level restriction on it. I was owning so many hippies usually its the same ones and it was pretty fun especially that I was in the Darkwraiths and started stealing the humanity from any sucker that invaded XD

I don't think the servers have anything to do with the frame rate issues. That seems to be a problem with the game, hopefully From Software releases a patch to fix that problem.

I would take on the forest covenant but I need better gear first. Made a thief and am sticking to daggers and longswords so I don't have the best gear right now. I'll start being more active in pvp when I'm leveled enough to take on Demon's forge.

You must log in to post.