Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

Modern (western) Mecha

1. A while ago Mechwarrior 4 was released for free along with another mech game that I don't entirely know, havent played it. Apparently theres a new revamp of the series coming and it looks to be interesting if it ever gets out of lawlsuit hell. (partially due to Macross series)

The MTX program is what you use to download the programs(download a program to download a program to torrent said program)

I'm just starting to play my old mechwarrior games, and wondering how many other people enjoy/like the games

Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  2. Wasn't Mechwarrior also a cartoon at some point?

3. BattleTech

4. Custom tiger stripe camo on a Mad Cat plz.

5. Palmtop get on skype, I need to scar you for life.

6. Its very much old news here is the reason why Harmon Gold suing because of copyrights on Mecha designs used in the MechWarror 5 Trailer.

http://kotaku.com/5352295/mechwarrior-5-runs-into-legal-trouble

I do enjoy playing the first game I played was on PSone version then got PC version of part 3 but stopped playing it.

7. The only mech games I've ever played are Gungriffon Blaze and Robotech Battlecry.

8. watched a gameplay video of Mechwarrior 4 on youtube, looks a bit boring for me

9. I played this game about 8 hours a day for two or three years until I was about 18 / 19. Back in the day I was nearly unstoppable (the guys I hung out with were awesome, too. They'd always give me a good run 1 vs 1).

Been trying to get back into it a bit, but I'm so rusty. The kid I was 6 years ago could curb stomp me in that game today.

10. Oh lord Harmony Gold is the killer of all fun.

Mechwarrior 2 was the best of the series IMO.

11. Pyrolight said:
    Oh lord Harmony Gold is the killer of all fun.

Mechwarrior 2 was the best of the series IMO.

They also killed Macross 2 game for PSone back in the day. I remember playing the demo which was plan to release in the US but Harmony Gold had to kill it where it stands.

12. Update: It seems Mech Warrior Online is a go.

I am watching Zam Preview Video Gameplay as of right now they are using the Cryengine 3.

http://www.zam.com/video.html?video=734

13. I'm sorry the battletech novels are way better than the game.

Attachments

1. this_again_(4).gif 2 years old
  14. My dad, aside from being a Star Trek fan, loved playing Mech Warrior - specifically 2 for some reason but stopped at 4

Personally, I hate Mechs
    and I was too busy playing this:

Attachments

1. pew_pew_pew.jpg 2 years old
  15. Fuck all that Macross "Cannon fodder mecha" knockoff crap.
    For us who have a Japanese PSN account like me we will be playing a game with the original real mecha, Gundam.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation
    PSN is releasing a Free-to-play Gundam game in June.

Look at it and jizz in how pants.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/03/14/first-look-at-the-free-to-play-gundam-battle-operation

16. Avatar Image

CC

Mech Warrior never interested me much, Mech Commander and its expansion Desparate Measures were pretty fun to play.

Still remember replaying that 2nd mission like four times before the darned Mad Cat became salvageable. Quite fun how you get to equip your mechs before every mission although I pretty much always ended up going with (clan) PPC's. Massive damage, great range.. no ammo restrictions.
    One of the best games ever imo. Dungeon Keeper, Commando's, Starcraft, Mech Commander, KKND.. the good old days back in 1997-1999.

17. UncommonOtaku said:
    I'm sorry the battletech novels are way better than the game.

But you can't play a book.

(and Mechwarrior doesn't have much to do with Battletech other than in it's origins, strictly speaking)

18. Avatar Image

Nin

CC said:
    Mech Commander and its expansion Desparate Measures were pretty fun to play.

This brings back good memories. Mech Commander (especially Mech Commander Gold) wasn't half bad.

You must log in to post.