See, this quote always makes me laugh (politely, it's from a movie or something isn't it?). DMT makes you literally see alien landscapes and complex geometric patterns in your field of view, with your eyes open (sometimes, not always). That's what I would call a hell of a drug.
It also has the benefit of:
- Not being physically addictive,
- Millenniums of use (shaman cultures, Brazil especially, but all over the world because it's plant-based and found in literally thousands of plants and vines),
- Non-lethal (never been a case where someone died from it),
- If you wanted to take it EVERY DAY for months the required dose never increases (DMT is already in your brain as a neurotransmitter, your body knows how to metabolize it safely),
- And there are many people who have been using it once a week for their entire lives (starting in childhood) that are now in their 80's/90's and still perfectly intelligent healthy and sane. Also happier, in general.
Our brains use it during REM sleep as part of the dreaming process.
Sometimes (it's pretty random, but true) it can even make you feel better than cocaine. Of course, sometimes it can also gift you with intense negative feelings, but that's all part of what makes it more interesting than lazy-bliss drugs like narcotics. It's also, probably, what keeps people from ever burning out on it. Like a fickle cat that feels you are petting it too frequently, it will know when to bite.
And the kicker? It's legal now, for religious use.
And as an aside, watching anime while under this particular influence is the stuff of legend (especially with good headphones & 40 inch expensive LCD screen, and a comfy futon with memory foam pillows ^_^).
You are the characters, for better or worse (worse, if there's violence... believe me *shudders*). "Melody of Oblivion" and "Now and Then Here and There" (let's throw in Ergo Proxy and Lain too while we're at it), are mindfucks even on their own, but no words can describe how they may affect you in hyperspace. There really are no words.
I'll post this one final time. The last thing on my mind is coercing those who have no interest, but as there have been numerous depressed-sounding posts and a fair amount of angry drama here on SanCon, it can't hurt to let people know there's a very unique, safe sub-culture that can give you gift of emotional peace if you know where and how to find it.
My mom does cocaine.