Dog Days Season 3 Announced

DogDays-OfficialArt-SnuggleTail

A 3rd season for super-moe kemonomimi anime Dog Days has been announced, bringing its cast of animal girls back for another round of harmless combat and sexy escapades.

The news was unveiled on the first day of Comiket 86 via fans that were handed out for free to help con-goers bear the searing heat – the news elegantly emblazoned upon them:

Comiket-DogDays-Season3-Fan

A PV has also been released for the new season, though it is not necessarily viewable in barbarian lands:

In typical initial announcement fashion, not much other information has been revealed regarding this new season other than a broadcast date of January next year.

10:09 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Good news that we're getting Dog Days Season 3.

In other news, they've announced an Infinite Stratos OVA called Infinite Stratos World Purge, which will be 50 minutes long and is out November 26, 2014 in Japan on BD/DVD. It adapts the entire 8th Light novel and is heavy on fanservice.

PV here

10:16 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

IS s2 was total shit - not like s1 was much better at end - so I couldn't care less. No amount of fanservice will save it from bad writing and direction.

10:19 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Infinite Stratos 2 was awesome. Including the fanservice. Tatenashi ftw

This should keep people happy while waiting for a Season 3, they still have the 9th LN and hopefully the 10th is forthcoming for S3 material.

10:29 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Each to their own I suppose. But in fairness, besides the IS stuff, the series basically follows a typical harem formula.

10:24 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I couldn't watch it even for fanservice only. The writing and anime direction was that bad.

15:11 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Best news after Durarara.

13:55 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

What we really need is more...

Witch Hunter Robin

Arus Nova

Spice & Wolf

Steins Gate

Even ChoBits!

Comment by DualStorm
    14:02 18/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Not sure about steins gate since Robotic notes exists in the same universe as steins gate and chaos head. So if you want your spinoff or "sequel" there you have it.

But for Chobits... Really? You want more of that?

03:51 17/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Spice and Wolf SEASON 3 ALREADY.

15:20 17/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Id rather a spice and wolf season 3 but oh well :p

04:21 17/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

きたーーーー!!
    As a fan of Fujima Takuya-sensei's works, I'm looking forward to watch this 3rd season!

Comment by Tasche
    10:09 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

saw the fan ad on twitter. so excited.

Comment by Palmtop Tiger
    09:59 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF?! I was just reading some Dog Days doujin and thought of trolling someone by saying season 3 was announced.

Am I psychic?!

11:39 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

They had actually announced plans for season 3 quite a while back, they just hadn't nailed down a timeline of when exactly, until now.

12:10 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed, I remember reading nearly a year ago that there would be a third season. Great to see that it's finally coming. (I konw it's too much to ask, but is it possible for there to be an uncensored version this time?)

11:21 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Me too! More Yukikaze FTW!

Comment by Lolicon-4-ever
    11:02 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Also, for people who want to view the preview for Dog Days season three can follow this link here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23qpgu_dogdays-%E7%AC%AC3%E6%9C%9F-%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E5%91%8A%E7%9F%A5pv_creation [http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23qpgu_dogdays-第3期-ティザー告知pv_creation] It's the same one ANN has listed on their site.

12:39 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

"The up-loader has not made this video available in your country." :(

Comment by Lolicon-4-ever
    12:50 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The link I provided in my comment will take you to the same preview.

16:10 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

for reasons unknown comment ain't visible and msg in your profile is cut down.

Comment by Lolicon-4-ever
    16:34 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I noticed that my comments were visible only when I logged in. Weird. Oh well, let's try this. Here's the link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23qpgu_dogdays-%E7%AC%AC3%E6%9C%9F-%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E5%91%8A%E7%9F%A5pv_creation [http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23qpgu_dogdays-第3期-ティザー告知pv_creation]

20:14 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

thanks :)

16:42 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm the same guy you were replying to. For whatever reason, my comments with the links appear only when I log into my profile, so I can't give you a direct link. However, if you go to dailymotion[dot]com and type in 「DOGDAYS´´」第3期 ティザー告知PV (or just copy and paste it into the search bar), the first two videos are the correct videos for the preview.

12:54 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

That's nice. Really. Now what about Magipoka season 2 and Spice and Wolf season 3?

Comment by Yamato
    13:49 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I also wouldn't mind more OreShura (though the manga's far better). Sadly, I get the feeling NONE of the above-mentioned are going to come to fruition, meanwhile...
    ...three years of inactivity apparently did nothing to bury this steaming pile. -_-

15:45 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

You got to be fucking kidding me. They're really making more of that hidan(less) shit. I ended up watching it after it went to BD but I dropped it 4 eps in & I wish I kept that determination.

14:23 16/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Would be so much better if they followed the light novels more. you don't even find out why the series is called hidan no aria in the anime.

Comment by Yamato
    01:26 17/08/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Haven't read the LN, but I keep hearing that the source material was crappy to begin with. Still, I did get a glimpse at a couple parts on Baka-Tsuki, particularly the anime's finale. Whereas the anime ended up on ANOTHER accidental pervert slap (because that's apparently what everyone wants to see, more abusive tsundere shit), the novel has a more touching scene where Riko left behind a message stating that her heart was stolen, so I'd agree that's some crappy adapting there. I also get the feeling that, setting aside the most noticeable choice of voice actor, a LOT of this "I'm an expy of both Shana and Louis. Love me!" garbage was JC Staff's doing.