Free! “KyoAni’s Sexiest Yukata Yet”

free-9-matsuri-1free-9-matsuri-2Free!’s obligatory summer festival episode has been attracting attention even amongst non-rotten circles with its munificent token inclusion of cute girls alongside the usual roster of lithe young men…

free-9-matsuri-3 free-9-matsuri-4 free-9-matsuri-5 free-9-matsuri-6 free-9-matsuri-7 free-9-matsuri-8 free-9-matsuri-9 free-9-matsuri-10 free-9-matsuri-11 free-9-matsuri-12 free-9-matsuri-13

free-9-matsuri-14free-9-matsuri-15 free-9-matsuri-16free-9-matsuri-17free-9-matsuri-18 free-9-matsuri-19free-9-matsuri-20 free-9-matsuri-21 free-9-matsuri-22 free-9-matsuri-23 free-9-matsuri-24 free-9-matsuri-25 free-9-matsuri-26 free-9-matsuri-27 free-9-matsuri-28 free-9-matsuri-29 free-9-matsuri-30free-9-matsuri-31 free-9-matsuri-32 free-9-matsuri-33 free-9-matsuri-34 free-9-matsuri-35 free-9-matsuri-36 free-9-matsuri-37 free-9-matsuri-38 free-9-matsuri-39 free-9-matsuri-40 free-9-matsuri-41 free-9-matsuri-42 free-9-matsuri-43 free-9-matsuri-44 free-9-matsuri-45 free-9-matsuri-46 free-9-matsuri-47 free-9-matsuri-48 free-9-matsuri-49 free-9-matsuri-50 free-9-matsuri-51 free-9-matsuri-52 free-9-matsuri-53 free-9-matsuri-54 free-9-matsuri-55 free-9-matsuri-56 free-9-matsuri-57 free-9-matsuri-58The fan art the show inspires at a frightening rate continues to be positively putrifying:

free-9-matsuri-59 free-9-matsuri-60 free-9-matsuri-61 free-9-matsuri-62 free-9-matsuri-63 free-9-matsuri-64 free-9-matsuri-65 free-9-matsuri-66

Comment by sanimej
    17:42 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Free!’s obligatory Summer Sausage Festival Episode!

Comment by jr2nd
    14:24 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.1)

yukata's are sooo cute!

16:20 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.1)

All the homo

02:31 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a good show. Pretty funny.

13:52 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

is nice the body of dat man, but i wish so much a female version of this! :-3

19:53 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

11:35 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I've watched and loved this show since it aired. I don't see how its yaoi at all. Seems like a normal highschool swim club to me. If guys being half naked count as yaoi don't swim since your homophobic

22:43 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is it creepy? Why do male otakus always over react to everything.

95% of anime is catered to you. And the 5% of anime geared toward females are almost always shitty reverse harems

If this was genderbent you would be drooling all over it. How hypocritical.
    Women can enjoy most genres but as soon as a good anime for females come along you all lose your shit.

19:15 11/09/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I was going to side with this comment till you started generalizing, "YOU MALE OTAKUS"? your arguing with one individual and threw everysingle male anime watcher under the bus and for all we know you could be arguing with a troll looking for trouble. Im an otaku in many ways and like Free! but i can't stand when a female(specific) comes on these boards to talk about how come most anime is geared towards males, forgetting anime is broken up into genres and that the ones geared towards males is more popular, which is why you see them most often, so stop the false statistics of 95% BS, you can watch shojo anytime you want no ones stopping you but he has a right to not like this show.

02:39 15/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

"And here I again why the fuck are they wasting such beautiful animations for such a creepy show..."

Yup that definitely sounds like a fair intelligent totally not homophobic opinion based on atleast 3 episodes! NOT.

and who said that female anime fans automatically have to watch shoujo? maybe a lot of female anime fans actually *gasp* don't like shoujo? have you ever thought of that?

tons of echii (good and bad) anime exist and girls virtually say absolutely nothing about it. a lot of female anime fans (including me) actually enjoy a variety of male oriented anime.

but then one good anime that is not a generic shoujo or stupid reverse harem with dokodoki kira sparkles and shit comes along with good animation from a very good studio its wrong? Disgusting? Creepy? GAY?

You cannot deny the majority of male otakus seem to just despise free with a passion. That comment was obviously intended for those extremist otaku and not reasonable ones.

Comment by yuriphoria
    14:13 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Damn right. I don't know if he's trolling or just retarded. What happened to be and let be?

Then again the show is hilarious. The homo only adds to it.

And Kou is so cute I don't know why is he complaining.

Comment by Roy
    08:36 10/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

THIS SHOW MAKES ME TOTALLY HORNY.

I COULD EAT EVERYONE OF THEM UP....

YUM........

02:21 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The fact that most (if not all) of the guys on the internet bashing Free would be fapping to it like there was no tomorrow if the main protagonists were girls instead of guys might be the entire point of this show. That's probably why the main characters' names are names that are usually given to girls, and why the "official" premise of the show can be boiled down to "a group of beautiful, athletically-built high-school students spend most of the show parading around in skimpy swimwear, with just enough subtext in their friendship to make fans wonder if any two members of the group might be more than just friends. Oh, and one of them gives another CPR."

Basically, KyoAni is calling out otaku on their hypocrisy.

13:28 15/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

very very well said!

Comment by fujiiro
    21:59 18/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

@ 02:21:
    Actually, I wouldn't be too sure about males liking the show if the guys were girls (and vice versa). I wouldn't know, but I'm sure most guys prefer girls ("3D" or not) without the muscles the male main characters in this series have. Lol.

Just ignore them... they are simply crying for attention, those poor lonely insecure dudes.

15:07 11/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

you still have to taste your blood after a punch in your face.

Comment by Dia
    22:56 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

According to the mangaupdates polls about same-sex content, girls and boys aren't so different.

Girls are allowed their own shows too you know. Try not to be so closed minded.

I'm a guy and I'm really enjoying Free!.

Most guys are fine with free.

If you're having this much of a reaction to this show then you need to come out of the closet.

21:45 10/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

WELP.

Now my nether regions are in turmoil.

Kidding aside, least the pics'll help me in terms of drawing proportionate and attractive male bodies.

...I know that came out awkward but what the heck.

13:44 11/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Not awkward at all. As a fellow artist it's nice to see male bodies drawn in a way that isn't Goku buff or ridiculously scrawny and pathetic. It's like anime has to do either one of those extremes with only rare examples in between.

16:47 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The animation, color, and attention to detail in this anime is pretty amazing. The studios really seemed to step it up this season in general.

17:47 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The water effects and swim scenes look so good that sometimes I forget I'm watching a TV anime and not some kind of high-budget movie...

They clearly made good use of models or competitive swimming videos. Gotta wonder how long animators sat in front of swimming footage. I used to swim and was amazed at some of the small details they included.

Still trying to figure out how they do the water effects. Mine always look shitty.

16:07 29/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

All those pics are stolen from futaba

02:02 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Mass Downvote the comments to show our dislike for this fujoshit anime!

17:22 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

After watching this my friend and I are trying to figure out when it was that anime characters actually started changing clothes daily like normal people.

02:38 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Brilliant animation.

Pathetic how all those that likes Free! are downvoted.

Whoever is downvoting seems stupid enough to think we either don't read the downvoted comments anyway or that it will change our minds about liking the show.

00:49 08/09/2013 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

are you new to the internet?

They always do the summer festival and never the festival where drunk people run into each other with giant shrines.

18:02 07/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

They need a yakuza festival.

I've seen that with my own eyes and it's hilarious as hell.

Or the naked diaper festival.

I'm a hetero Guy and I enjoy Free! I myself work my body too and I look at muscles as a result of hard work and dedication. Nothing homo here.

I'm thinking that squid on a stick looks better in this anime than it tastes in reality.

07:16 08/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

ALL food looks better in anime than it does in reality.

14:55 12/09/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I have never wanted bacon and eggs so much as when I watched Howl's Moving Castle.

Like the anime with the exception of the douche with the glasses.

Everyone always hates on the meganes. :(

For some reason they can't seem to get away from making megane characters the most cliche.

how can anyone hate Rei? He's such a giant loser I can't help but like him :(

I just see him as comic relief. I don't dislike him, but he's not my favorite. There isn't much to him yet. I like underdogs, but he's really not even that at the moment.

the only reason I ahte this show is that if kyoani were nto wasting their time doing this they would surely be doing the next season of fmp

Let's mass downvotes the comments to show our dislike for this show :)

The fact that people have to do this pretty much shows that people who dislike the show are in the minority.