Top 10 Anime of Spring 2013

top-10-spring-2013-anime-6

With the spring 2013 anime season over and the summer one well underway, fans have ranked the spring anime they enjoyed the most from the previous season – and the titanic success of the top-runner will surely come as no surprise.

The ranking:

8. Space Battleship Yamato 2199

top-10-spring-2013-anime-8

9. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

top-10-spring-2013-anime-9

10. Date A Live
top-10-spring-2013-anime-10

23:05 13/07/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Okay this trend of shiny spots on the skin really needs to die off. It seriously looks unhealthy now.

Comment by Daniel Park
    14:00 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's like totally skin cancer, which is bad and cancer is of course sad to have; yet here I fap fap fap.

Mmm dat malignant tumor makes my wiener rock hard

04:24 22/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Just so you know its an art style that is very popular in Japan because it equates a woman's skin to a peach and the blushing red color is supposed to parallel the ripeness of a fruit.

11:34 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree the Hentai Ouji pic looks like a bunch of sun burns

16:16 13/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

No Yuyushiki, this list is wrong

Comment by Razaron
    19:45 13/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

Dat mame joke fried my gaydar. Yuyushiki for president.

18:02 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

This. This is so true.

Its not the "Top 10 Worst Anime Ever" list, anon.

21:30 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Slife of Life shows are not for everyone, Yuyushiki was a great one.

01:59 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

One of the very best.

Comment by Taylor

I love slice of life but it was too cutesey even for me a K-On fan.

21:01 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You are also an anon, perhaps you should get a name for yourself if you want to talk to people like that.

00:42 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The Irony is strong in this one, including me. I'm too lazy to login

11:12 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, I do loves me some irony.

05:33 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

If it was not for Aku no Hana, Devil Survivor 2 would have been the worst anime of the season.

22:08 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

After looking at the picture of "3. Hataraku Maou-sama!", I pull out a magazine, flipped to a page has a hot chick on it and tried to tear off a piece of paper off that page. Nothing happened. :(

Comment by Miroku74
    19:20 13/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

No Suiseki no Gargantua? I am disappoint.

Comment by Naoe
    01:43 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's at #11, just a bit short of the "top 10"

21:05 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Gargantia was good, but I can see why it didn't make the list. The story didn't really move until the last 3 episodes. And when you consider the only fanservice material were a Yoko look a alike, Lukkage, and Amy's panties. And Chamber was too cute to take seriously. So I can see why it didn't do better. Especially against Valrave

03:52 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

You "see" why Gargantia isn't in the list and you can't see why crap like Valrave (seriously, it's objectively shit for dumbasses) or Railgun is in the list?

Gargantia is one a few anime these days that isn't only made for the mass, there's a true meaning in this anime, and it's the best of the season.

Comment by Miroku74
    16:16 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe Gargantia would've made a better Light Novel?

20:52 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes Angry anon I "see". I'm a mecha fan. I loved Valrave and Gargantia. but both have areas where they stagnate. Gargantia's stagnation period is longer though. Secondly. Valrave is done by Sunrise. It's hard to find a mecha anime Sunrise did that just outright sucks. If you can do this, please let me know. I want to see-- Oh wait, Gundam Seed, nevermind.

Also I know why the other ones are higher. despite their lack of interest to those such as I. I can care less about Oreimo. But I understand why it's so high. When you look at who they ask these questions to, it's rather simple. so I'm not going to get upset that series like Majestic Prince didn'tmake it up there

Comment by Taylor
    04:46 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

I don't know man...It had mecha bots battling and Amy showed clear signs of Moe along with the usual theme of innocent guy innocently gets the cutest girl to fall for him without trying. Don't know if you can say it wasn't made for the masses. It was good but far from the best of the season. And I wouldn't shit talk Misaka if I were you, bitches get cut for that da Otaku Hood.

Gargantia sucked. OreImo > Shingeki no Kyojin > Aku no Hana > Devil Survivor 2 > Others

23:29 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Someones panties gets billing on this anime? Lol.

Comment by Trombe Override
    22:24 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Only redeeming feature of that show is having top notch art and animation, story was too boring especially in the middle of the series

03:47 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The slice parts of Gargantia are great, you suck as hell Trombe. It's the end which is a little disappointment, with some easy ways in the scenario.

Comment by Taylor

Some anime you can watch week to week, others you have to wait until they finish airing. I didn't start gargantia until about episode 10 and watched about 3 episodes a day and thought it was great. But I can see how people wouldn't be into it if they had to watch one per week.

Better top 10 season list:

1. Kuroneko
    2. Annie not Mikasa. Mikasa is just o.k. more Annie screen time please.
    3. Emi & Suzuno
    4. Nakamurasan ending sucked but it was good week to week because the rotoscope didn't cause me to have a meltdown.
    5. Chamber
    6. Hachiman
    7. Misaka's Imouto
    8. Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko probably second best girl of the season after kuroneko.
    9. Origami before she went crazy.
    10. Didn't see survivor, liberator, or yamato so maybe one of them.

20:53 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Oh Annie is going to get an amazing amount of air time here soon

09:06 16/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

He isn't useless. Taylor is amusing me thanks to shounen-ai fans putting him in rage.

…okay, I'm mean. Taylor says shit, but I'm sure he can change for the best.

Comment by Diemeow23
    01:47 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

23:39

I don't really get what your saying, in my case I'm already hovering between 3D or 2D animation so I can safely say I'm "researching" hehehe

Comment by Taylor
    23:25 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Oo rly? Glad to hear it! Thanks anon 2053.

05:14 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

he isnt useless. taylor is amusing me by making YOU rage.

00:14 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Insulting anime in a site that focus on Japanese culture, anime, idol and China..

Nice move, dumb-ass.

23:39 13/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

Didn't your mother tell you to stop wasting time watching cartoons and do something useful? Fucking useless kids.

03:34 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ore no Imouto #5 instead of #1, what is this injustice!?

09:55 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The adaption isn't all that great when compared to the light novel. So many missing scenes for comedy, and character development especially with Kirino. Seeing it at #5 is a good thing.

19:49 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I consider myself a significant Oreimo fan and I didn't think this season was all that good. Just sayin'. Loved that he got together with Kuroneko though.

03:30 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No Gargantia makes this a shitty joke list.

Comment by Trombe Override
    22:26 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

All series in this list is great

but

I expected Vulvarape the Deflorator would be higher in the rankings

20:54 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Love the title Trombe

18:01 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This is true MisakaMisaka lol (do want HQ version of that picture)

The first picture has muscle dudes wearing bras, ahahahhaahahaaa... oh shit, my eyes!
    Deception, or not... without proof showing they're female, I'll see them as muscle dudes :D

Where's the Aku no Hana bikini picture? I want some rotoscope bikinis and "beautiful realistic faces" lol
    At least it would be worth a laugh.

Next season will have the Free! boys in bikinis... what a rare sight lol

17:53 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Close enough supports the list

17:54 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait notices Gargantia is missing that was good and moe

19:38 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's on the 11th, close enough Indeed. What I can't understand is how can peole like Valvrave?

02:10 14/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Simple, closely resembles the Gumdam and although many people say that the franchise is already sold out, many fans are still willing to watch ..
    Even clones ........
    For the first time I agree with part of a list of SC ..
    Gargantia ended in a very abrupt with no definitive conclusion ..
    Just thought it was weird not to try to recover chamber and leave rotting in the ocean ........

Comment by Taylor
    02:07 15/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Your mom sinks to slice of life in the middle part.

00:29 15/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Valvrave is so random that it is fun to watch. Gargantia kinda sinks into slice of life in the middle part.

Comment by Rya
    17:42 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I played DS2 to death, but the anime was pretty much crap. Might as well have cut the Septentriones completely after the first three as they were apparently minor enemies? Hibiki was just annoying. Did he even try to understand Yamato? No, he fought just because Yamato didn't care to show compassion. They totally wrecked the point of the game's story that no end was all good or all bad.