Zero no Tsukaima Author Noboru Yamaguchi Dies

zero_no_tsukaima louise_françoise_le_blanc_de_la_valliere usatsuka_eiji

Noboru Yamaguchi, the 41-year-old author of the Zero no Tsukaima light novel series, has died after a long struggle with cancer.

According to his family and publishers, his funeral was held on the 10th, although he passed away on the 4th and the sad news was only announced on the 11th.

noboru-died

Comment by H
    20:12 11/04/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Sir may you rest in peace, you will always be remembered in the hearts of your fans.

R.I.P

20:39 11/04/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

ZnT may not have been the best but I liked it all the same. It was one of my favorites many years ago and it will always be.

Thanks for the awesome series, Yamaguchi. RIP.

21:12 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

My only regret is that I can never see its ending...

Comment by Kan Ika
    19:53 11/04/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I think a re-watch is in order in light of this news.

22:35 11/04/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Agreed.

And RIP. Too Young!

21:11 11/04/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

you got that fuckin' rights T^T

11:15 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why don't we re-watch the ZnT anime to honor him.

Comment by Shikishi
    Comment by Enfield Mundo
    16:14 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Oh shit. I ain't gonna lie that besides feeling sorry for the guy, I will miss the proper conclusion of ZnT...

A very very big shame on both fronts. It will be hard to live it down. Sad how frail life is.

Well, you will be missed...

18:16 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

Thanks for ZnT. Sleep in peace Mr. Yamaguchi.

Comment by No Surprise
    01:51 12/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

ZnT was a cute fun story. I remember a lot of people compared Louise to Shana and I loved how Christina Vee voiced her in the dub

R.I.P.

Thank you and enjoy your sleep six feet underground, Mr Yamaguchi for further tormenting me with one of the most horrible work and anime of all time.

19:43 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

This is very sad news, it was one of my favourite anime (even if I know that the adaptation is far from perfect...)

May he rest in peace!

01:45 14/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

you where a master of writing a God among men i am sorry you had to die from something so weak like cancer.TO THE FAMILY= i am sorry for your lose i know you knew him better than i, i just wish i could have met him. PS. rest in peace Mr.Noboru Yamaguchi

you where to young ='(

20:58 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

RIP, you will be missed by Zero no Tsukaima fans around the world.

20:57 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

Years ago , when i began to read ZnT , i knew this novel is a very good one , i admire the author .
    And now ...he died , so sad...
    Thank you for making every weekend much more enjoyable by reading ZnT , R.I.P .

15:24 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

2011
    >Novel author Yamaguchi Noboru posted in his twitter that he will be hospitalized tomorrow and will take a major surgery in August. He said he would have been dead if he had missed the chance to take the operation. "The 21st volume of Zero no Tsukaima novel will be delayed at least for two months. Please forgive me! Damn! I'll live on. I had been desperate, but I miraculously got an opportunity to take the operation. There is a possibility of survival. I really want to live."
    Why aren't the tears stopping? ;_;

23:13 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

"I really want to live."

Fcuk, man. Fcuk. DAMNIT MAN. ><

23:30 11/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

(T^T) Yamaguchi Sensei...

22:25 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

RIP you awasome man

22:21 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

Rest in peace, Honestly haven't read the novel yet but, I remember ZnT is one of the light novels that really made me got addicted to anime. Great story.

Comment by J
    18:40 11/04/2013 # ! Quality (+0.8)

FUCK YOU CANCER! FUCK YOU!

04:36 12/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

dont say that or else it will come back at you...

06:59 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I say that because I've got some incredibly shit odds on not getting it myself. Both my grand fathers, and one of my grandmothers died of cancer. So I'm pretty sure it's going to catch me at some point, although not as early as it caught this unfortunate person.

23:58 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Fucking cancers isn't a good idea, I think.

23:26 13/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Its ok if you use a condom

11:46 13/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Please to not fuck the cancer, last thing we need is more seeds planted and thus reproducing more cancer, therefore killing off the whole population.

07:38 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

00:17 12/04/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

why not FUCK FLU or FUCK PNEUMONIA.....many people die of that too.....even more than those that die of cancer....hypocrite mass hysteria about cancer?

04:07 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Because in this case it killed an author of a series some of us were following, a series that will now never be finished. Quit trying to play the philanthropist

05:54 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Because some people just love to be "that guy/girl". They crave the attention.

10:15 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

flu and pneumonia usually kill only the very old/young or very weak person.

Cancer kills all

You only die from those if your in some shitty 3rd world country, if your in the usa or canada there is very rarely any deaths due to it.

00:36 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

So it's okay to have 3rd world inhabitants dying of those easy to cure disease, you say ? But well, if one glorious nipponese die of cancer it's a "fucking" matter.

01:15 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

People die if they are killed.

04:27 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

>You only die from those if your in some shitty 3rd world country,

People die from those in the States too.
    "WASHINGTON, USA - The proportion of all deaths in the United States last week caused by pneumonia and influenza reached 7.3 percent, above the epidemic threshold of 7.2 percent, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday.

Only the Southwest and California had "normal" flu activity last week, the agency said. The other nine regions had "elevated" activity, confirming that seasonal flu has spread across the country and reached high levels several weeks before the usual time of late January or February.

The vaccine against the flu strain that was forecast to predominate this year, called H3N2, is 62 percent effective, scientists reported on Friday in the CDC's weekly publication.

That is considered "moderate" effectiveness and means that almost four in 10 people who receive the vaccine and are exposed to the virus will nevertheless become infected. But the vaccine can reduce the severity of the illness, preventing pneumonia and other life-threatening results of flu."

-http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/world/01/11/13/flu-pneumonia-deaths-rise-us

22:16 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah those non 3rd world countries usually die due to obesity, heart attack, therefore cancer has no chance.

22:37 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

@22:16 12/04/2013

From what you write it would seem cancer has some serious taste regarding those matters.

01:01 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course.

01:00 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck you! I live in one of those "3rd world" (although we don't have 2nd world anymore so it's silly to say 1st and 3rd world) and we don't have people dying ofn those things like you make it sound like.

17:07 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

This is truly heart breaking, me and my fiancé got together a few years ago because of our love for the novels and the second season. I was really hoping that he'd succeed in his battle against cancer.
    He fought harder than Saito did against the Albion army, and may he rest in peace.

Comment by Katsura
    20:11 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Zero no Tsukaima was one of the few romance animes that were definitive in romantic affiliations, and had a protagonist that knew who he wanted.

This was the reason I loved the series, main character was more likeable than in Toradora, and the entire story and concepts are much less confusing than Shakugan no Shana, as a result it allowed us to involve ourselves with the characters and relationships a bit more. It was simplistic genius.

Some of you may not like ZnT all that much and argue that there are better animes out there, but give it a rest for once.

There is not much else to say.

Rest in peace.

00:30 12/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Yeah, most main male chars are too stupidly obvlious, I mean everyone around sees this girl is in love with him and hes too much of a idiot to see it even though shes bascally broadcasting it. I am honestly tired of the male protagonists in animes these days, no one can be that dense/stupid irl.

23:56 11/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Zura... Katsura is a lolicon, afterall.
    But his speech made me cry. Splendid.

Comment by Katsura
    11:16 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not lolicon. It's Katsura.

14:53 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Right shou-chan.

00:00 12/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Is he? I don't remember ever seeing that in the anime, is this a manga only thing?

00:01 13/04/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, of course.

23:53 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Books never die. Authors die, but their masterpieces make us remamber them forever.
    RIP Noboru-sensei.

21:31 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Looks like Halkeginia has a new familiar. Enjoy the other side!

Comment by Myballz
    18:27 11/04/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

Sad to hear the bad news also for the fans...