kyoani-sexy-swimming-001.jpg

The recent revelations that Kyoto Animation’s latest magnum opus is to be a gorgeously animated tale of lithe young men in swimming trunks have proven controversial amongst their fans, many of whom are now revolting in more ways than one – although fujoshi everywhere are doubtless ecstatic.

The trailer:

kyoani-sexy-swimming-002.jpg

Traditional fans seem to regard anything other than a stream of familiar ‘blobs as a major betrayal:

“This is totally aimed at womed – poor moetards!”

“Creepy CM!”

“Sexy stuff.”

“Please don’t become some creepy rotten homo anime studio!”

“As opposed to churning out creepy moe anime? They are creepy enough as it is. Apart from Nichijou all their recent anime look identical.”

“They have forsaken the moetards!”

“No homo stuff please. At least put one girl in there!”

“They’re even shaving their armpits…”

“They sure do run like girls.”

“Those abs are overdone.”

“Tamako was pretty awful too, so now they’re aiming at women?”

“Tamako bombed so hard and was not well received by the moetard core, so now it looks like they are abandoning them completely with this. Honestly, switching from extremes of fringe moe anime to extremes of fringe BL anime seems to be just repeating the same mistake.”

“Seeing that K-ON! was actually popular with JKs as well as otaku seems to have precipitated a change in direction, starting with Tamako and now this.”

“This is probably part of some scheme to get at all the taxes the Tokyo government is wasting on its Olympic bid.”

“I am ashamed to say I actually thought this looked pretty good.”

“Tamako flopped so they want to try hitting the fujoshi demographic with this, seems reasonable.”

“It really reeks of KyoAni’s usual extreme quality.”

“Munto is awaiting its successor.”

“As Munto proved, KyoAni has no aptitude for original projects. Most anime studios are the same – just look at Gonzo.”

“With hits like Tiger & Bunny, Kuroko, Tenipuri, Utapuri and so on, it is not hard to see why KyoAni wants a slice of the rotten pie. Even DEEN managed to get Hetalia selling well despite it being total trash anime.”

“There seems to be a lot of anticipation overseas as well – something like this seems to be in demand.”

“Finally some nipples from KyoAni…”

“For once, here’s hoping they cover these ones with beams of light!”

kyoani-sexy-swimming-003.png

07:07 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

put the brown haired one in girls clothes and its all good.

07:13 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Definitely not my style, but I can't help but cheer this one on.

14:31 28/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I know, right?

The thought of ecchi loving otakus gagging over this is hilarious.

07:13 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Whatever. I don't think all the things I love could exist unless all of their opposites were allowed to exist also.

This. Fair is fair. I'm surprised they haven't done it already.

04:48 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

ma .. maa.. calm down will you.
    just go swimming.. you could see humans taking a swim!

ps: i dont understand all the hate here at all.

4 animated young men ... taking a swim. whats wrong with that?

12:16 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Fragile masculinity is a rather common padecence amongst young men all over the globe, mind you (and there is a chemical reason for that). My personal bet is that they maybe believe overreacting like this is the way to ensure to themselves and others that they are, indeed, straight men. It is not a problem about SanCom or otakus at all; it simply is in most young men's nature, and you cannot deny your own nature, so... yes, I believe that is the reason for all the "hate", though i would rather call it "domino effect-induced overly defensive reaction".

I hope this more or less answers your doubt, or gives you a direction to start understanding this phenomenon.

yes it did. thanks

05:38 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

This makes me very happy.
    I always like it when girls get something as pervy as boys, it creates a balance of perversion.
    Creepy eroge for dudes? creepy otome games for girls!
    Maid cafes? Butler cafes!

That way women cant complain about men being objectifying perverts and peace is restored between the genders.
    Makers of BL and the like do more for gender equality than all feminist activists (or MRAs) put together, all those twats do is create tension and hatred anyway.

Comment by Adom Jensom
    19:55 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Good comment. We should all be equally perverted.

18:15 12/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

I'm all for girls getting something for them in general. If I'm not into something, I just don't watch it. If there is a fetish I don't like, I just don't watch it. But I don't see a reason to deprive other people.

Clearly if this gained momentum then there is a market for it. And that's what anime makers are really missing here. They are missing out on a potentially powerful source of income by not also catering to the many tastes of women the way they do to men.

If those studios get more money, then they'll also spend more time making stuff I want to watch too.

^This

Something they're also missing: They could license BL drama CDs in the west by keeping the voices in Japanese and just printing the cd booklet with the English translation of the dialogue. I'd pay so much money for that shit I'd become homeless with a bunch of useless creepy CDs all around me

14:14 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

This is what all otaku need to understand. So much win in this line of thought. But somehow, humanity tries to fight even the easiest steps to happiness for everyone...

17:07 13/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Taylor, for example. ^_^

23:29 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

>Butler cafes
    >Immediately thought of Yukimura (Haganai)
    >Do want

18:22 27/04/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Problem is, they'll complain if males get something anyway. Theirs is "sensual" and "romantic" and "dreamy" while the stuff that is for males even if it's the exact same just with switched genders is "disgusting" and "discriminating" and "horrible for all women".

11:08 13/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell yeah my pervy brothers and sisters! I say moe for men and women equally! Feminazis really piss me off because they're basically taking away all the effort real feminists in the past put so we could have EQUAL rights.

09:10 15/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

but wasnt it sigmund freud the one who said that men think of sex almost every second... its bad enuff that women are becoming similar to men in clothing and marital issues such as affairs. do we really want more animals in the world??

02:28 15/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Number one, I don't think about sex every second. I've got shit to do. Number two, you're a complete idiot who has never been out of your basement if you think it's rare for women to think about sex. Sex is natural, and having natural desires doesn't make people animals. Women have ALWAYS had sexual desires, and now that they have outlets for it, I'm all for them using those outlets. I'm sick of the stereotype that all women are pure and innocent and all men are corrupt by nature. People like you reenforce that image.

There is no good reason not to give girls more anime with guys they consider sexy. Not only will it stop more of them from hiding behind the "All men are perverts and we're morally superior" thing, it will be a great source of income for the anime industry.

Anon 05:38 11/03/2013
    I do humbly remove my hat good sir or madam for this wonderful post.

I think the same. I dont mind the moe pervness as long as they target some to us ladies. Meat for everyone.

14:52 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I love you ecchi-loving women <3

not hitting on a supposed female anon here... I love my girlfriend because she's such a perv! Maybe more than me :3

Dimwit otaku are missing out, seriously...

It's awesome when two perverts meet each other, fall in love with each other and can enjoy the creepiness together.

Wish all the happiness to you, pervy-anon with pervy-girlfriend!

gracias! :3

May I just say that this is a beautifully worded and thought out comment? The fact that you brought up MRAs was also a bonus.

dude lets be real, girls is just an object, there's no such thing as gender equality, object should be treated like an object

Not when your grammar sucks so much cock.

14:20 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

The day this guy actually gets up-voted for his insane bible thumping posts, you know the world is no longer worth helping...

People are just amused with his persistence, I guess.

03:56 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Fujoshi be watching it for the plot(male boobs).

Or the ass for that matter.

As a gay man, I'd watch this for the ass, chest and abs.

05:45 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Is it so hard for people to enjoy a 30 CM without bitching about everything?

The visuals are really nice, the animation is very good, overall, it's a really good CM.

18:35 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Double standards and otaku.

They go so well, hand in hand.

01:40 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Just introduce gang violence(drugs, guns, murders) and NTR into the plot and then I am interested.

"How four cute boys grow up to reality!"

01:58 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Oh man, I'm with you on that!

23:53 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I prefer cool men rather than cute boys -_-*

well said indeed!

I prefer a bit of everything because fuck it I gotta tap'em all!

14:48 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I have to be honest, I support fujoshi, but more when it's something like Sengoku Basara, not yaoi and BL (even though there's no real indication that this video displays those things). Maybe something like that but with BD specials with the quality of "sexiness for females" as shown in this video would be a good idea.

Comment by yuriphoria
    19:54 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

And I just support fujoshi. We don't have to like the same thing to realize we like the same *kind* of things. if you don't like BL, have you ever though of just *not watching* it?

Live and let live.

03:23 12/03/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You're right, it's just that I'd actually watch something like what I said above, but I wouldn't watch blatant BL or yaoi, but whither they made that stuff or not I don't care just won't watch it myself.

03:15 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yea, and the star of the show would be a raging Justin Bieber gangster blend

03:51 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Selena gets stolen by his more manly security guard!

Comment by Powerpuff Loli
    05:18 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Selena gets stolen by Mickey Mouse.

Wait Wait this is how we defeat the feminists :)

23:57 11/03/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

STFUCKUP moetard, they are not "cute" IDIOT, they are HOT! Moron, get off your moe high horse

03:29 12/03/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Umm, actually, they are the moe equivalent of boys. They ARE being cute. If they were just being sexy, then they wouldn't seem nearly as girly or childish for their age/gender. Dante from DMC or Snake from Metal Gear Solid are sexy without being moe/cute.

Hey, Dante's adorable in his mannerisms. That's manmoe right there.

03:20 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.5)

I'm going to watch this. I kinda grew tired of Moe animes so i wanna see what they got in their sleeves for girls.

Comment by Primus de Pedos
    00:06 11/03/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

KyoAni HQ:

Manager: "Alright Gentlemen ! Let's start a new anime!"

*Written on paper*
    [Moeblob]

Manager: -_-

*Written on paper*
    [Moeblob....BUT GAY!]

Mangaer : (^O^)b

And here we are.

Comment by Siveria
    00:48 11/03/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Heh this comment is win XD.

Hey Primus, fancy seeing you here ^w^

01:58 11/03/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

How can you call gay something so manly, yo!