Exactly, paying companies to develop a game exclusively for one system has been common practice since the days of the NES, and every console maker does it.
Theres only two reasons that Sony has trailed the competition this generation.
1. The 360 came out a year before the PS3, allowing it to establish a large installed user base before the PS3 even hit the shelves.
2. The PS3 is reportedly harder to program for, so multiplatform games are often poorly optimized for the PS3, making the games inferior to their 360 counterparts.
Recent comments by Conduit:
- New Game! Onahole Parody Quite Mobile:
Ever gotten mad and said, “Fuck this game!” Well now you can.
- One-Punch Man Season 2 Announced:
One Punch Man 2?! *checks Hell, see’s demons making snow angels and having snowball fights* Yep, its official, Madhouse is making a second season.
- R18.com 50% Off Summer Sale Unbelievably Hot:
Who outside of Japan still buys porn?
- Kirino & Kuroneko Moe Maid Cosplay Highly Sophisticated:
Holy shit, I didn’t know Sloth from the Goonies had a daughter.
- Wolf Girl With You “Seismic’s Best Yet!”:
Cut them some slack, they’ve been too busy fapping to write the article.