Little Busters! Depressingly Good

little-busters-episode-6-002.jpg
little-busters-episode-6-011.jpg
little-busters-episode-6-025.jpg

In the best tradition of Key hits such as Clannad, Little Busters! too has treated its fans to a tear-jerking break from its extreme moe and occasional service.

little-busters-episode-6-001.jpg

little-busters-episode-6-061.jpg
little-busters-episode-6-062.jpg
little-busters-episode-6-063.jpg
little-busters-episode-6-064.jpg
little-busters-episode-6-065.jpg

Comment by Dan Hibiki
    04:19 12/11/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

Not nearly as sad as this would have you believe.

22:21 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I was about to pick this up cause I thought its about some "BROKEN" / YANDERE Loli delivering us some bloodshed

But the last few pics changed my mind :(

Comment by Powerpuff Loli
    14:36 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay guys, I've refrained from watching this show so far. Has the fact that it isn't being animated by Kyoani shown in the quality of the show in any way (when compared to other Key anime)? Or am I just being foolish and must start watching this show immediately?

14:47 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Do it. It's actually an enjoyable adaption. Those who complain because it's not Kyoani need to get over themselves. It's got good animation. Good enough that it's on Angel Beats! level, imo. The characters, setting, pacing, theme and all that remind me of the game. It also uses the same BGM as the game so it's a plus. I'd say watch the first two episodes and see for yourself. You'll automatically feel the 'Key Warmth'. Even without Kyoani's animation.

Comment by Powerpuff Loli
    14:55 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not familiar with the game. Will check out the first two episodes, then. Thanks.

15:05 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

it is NOT on the same level of Angel Beats. do you remember the rock concert? PA works is second to kyoani. JC staff, unless at INDEX level is nowhere near them.

16:06 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm pretty sure JC Staff can pull off a concert scene with the same quality of Angel Beats! if Little Busters! had any concert scenes to begin with... The animation is good. It's a good adaption imo.

18:40 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

BGM use is the cutting costs thing, not a plus or minus. Invest into a pair of weak remixes for op/ed and you're set.

And while being Angel Beats level is neither necessarily untrue nor necessarily a good thing, I'm still positive that anime has trampled plenty of game good points already. To the point of lack of reason for feeling empathic with the characters. Too little flow, too little logic, too little believeability. A mediocre rustic harem(?) anime.
    Come to think about it, when was the last time they had a nice joke in this anime. Where's their sense of humor?

03:28 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

> Angel Beats
    > Good Animation

You deserve a medal.

/back to Fate/zero.

05:43 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@03:28 Angel Beats! has great animation...

The Blu-ray's fantastic!

17:11 15/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Do it immediately. As far as total 6 episodes, it hs been acknowledged that J.C has tried all its best to do it well. Of course it has earned the admision from those strict fans of original game. Now what we need to do is adapting to a new period for key without Kyoani. Koani in today has been totally different from that in 2007 or earlier.

Comment by RaspberryKisses
    14:52 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

just watch it. If you at least have some kind of affection for key works you probably will like it.
    As for me i'm not that in to Key, it's still is able to entertain me.

18:28 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I didn't think the beginning "intro" episodes were anything but a quick copy of the game with mediocre animation. However, a key adaption is still a key adaption, and it works. Maybe you'd just be best off waiting until the end of each character arc before watching them at once. Either way, I don't think the animation or storytelling quality was that good at the beginning. It got better. As usual.

22:06 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Kyo Ani puts out like 1 show every other season normally. Do you not watch any of the other 50 or so shows that air during the 2 seasons?

Now, that is being picky right there.

Well, I like Kyo Ani as much as the next fella, but refusing to watch a show because Kyo Ani isn't putting it out is more than a little silly.

youre being a fucking retard for caring.

and also your autism is showing

06:04 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

You sound like you're in a mental house...

17:42 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Counter-opinions don't do much unless you can make an accurate/solid statement; not that Middle School name calling crap. Then again we're all only anons too lazy to make our own accounts. Lol.

06:09 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Little busters original version is a hentai game right?

06:18 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know what the fuck a Hentai game is, but this game was an Eroge... and it was really good.

17:07 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Eroge? The original was All Ages.

Comment by Dan Hibiki
    17:56 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

there's two versions.

02:36 13/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Manly tears were shed that day :'(

10:28 15/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmm. So far, JC is cutting alot of corners with the humor. Komaris route seems very.. forced. Its being too 1-1 with the Visual Novel.

It's okay in its own sense, and it definitely will get alot better as most all of Keys works do, but I definitely don't see this doing the game justice.

20:07 15/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Little bustards - shit. Clannad - Winrar.

06:45 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I desperately hope there's something more compelling coming up. As far as I have experienced this show, most of the characters are annoyingly retarded.
    I don't play VNs, so I don't know are the characters any more tolerable or whats coming up. I wish I could like this as much as I liked the other shows based on Key's VNs.

06:55 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

the anime can only be good if everyone dies.

01:27 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Why the people like this? LB is too generic.

06:06 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

No, LB isn't generic. The characters are probably just to complex for you.

Stick with generic Shonen/Shoujo series.

06:29 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

there ane no complex charas. only flat or round charas

02:56 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, the VN-like feel makes it stand out a bit, and it's quite efficient in how laid back it is. That's less to mean it's lazy or sluggish, and more to recognize its preoccupation with focusing. Setting up scenes as separate events, making the characters subservient to the lines they produce helps the feeling that nothing cuts in line for the viewer's attention. It reads out instead of being played out, in a way. Nice and soothing for a change.

And just because of that, even where the show may have its share of infantile cheapness, it's unobtrusive and gives off a glow of off-beat deliberation. An easy-mode fending off of the obvious. Works if fresh, and if the immersion level is high enough that it makes it meaningful.

The characters, too. Kud is kindness incarnate, and just you watch the pensive Rin or give her an object to manipulate.

Comment by Taco
    12:12 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I kinda disliked it because I felt like it was too much like a VN. This is a different medium, and should be accordingly adapted and dealt with as such. I feel that Kyoani understood this (thus the exclusion of characters from Clannad), J.C. Staff on the other hand feels that they absolutely HAVE to please everyone because they want the ratings, and thus, the sales of Blu-Ray and DVDs. On top of that, a movie deal as well for Little Busters!, taking the honor away from Toei.

While it actually wasn't too bad, (It was actually watchable and the story held up), I still feel that I should criticize it as the Komari arc seemed too forced. The actual conflict of the arc was introduced in an odd and unnatural exposition that I would expect from a VN, but just didn't work for an animated adaption. The problem was just the way it was written.

I am going to keep watching, but I expect more from coming arcs. I hope that they do their exposition right so I won't be hit by another quick forced ending.

That's just my opinion. Oh, but I do agree with you on the laid back parts. They managed to get that part off pretty well, and its believable as a group of good friends just hanging out. If anything, that the highlight of the show. It enjoyable to watch.

So, tl;dr version:
    The laid back parts -- pretty good, funny, nice and soothing
    The drama parts so far -- kinda forced and awkward, needs work on making me actually cry like Clannad and Kanon. The setup for the drama feels unnatural and weird.

15:50 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

it may be or may not be KyoAni in certain aspects but hey it's still good and if you like little buster, i don't think this will disappoint you. its only 5-6 episode so far but it's starting to look promising.

15:11 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

lol keymo.

Let me guess, it's some supernatural bullshit that isn't explained at all?

06:03 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah, you're such a shit-for-brains.

17:40 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Well Key is pretty thorough when explaining things,if they're not limited by the number of Anime Episodes.Their VNs are all pretty easy to understand too.

17:52 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes... it surprised me as well after reading the synopsis.

18:29 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Supernatural? Not this time. This time, it's purely psychological. Believe it or not.

15:09 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The plot's getting a lot better. In the beginning, the pacing was pretty damn slow but now it's picking up.
    Looking forward to it.

21:20 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Only watched the first episode and hated it...
    Now I'm curious, maybe I should give it another try and see if its getting better, its Key after all.

18:54 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I can fap to those depressive eyes.

21:25 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I agree entirely.

Comment by Yuri
    14:55 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

Meh ep. Komari's VA sucks ass. Nails on a chalkboard and she can't act at all. Also felt rushed.

Angel Beats is still > LB so far. LB is just flat in comparison which is pretty sad considering Angel Beats is only 13 eps.

04:09 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Komari is easily the most annoying character in the show.
    I haven't see so retarded cast for a while. Yet I watch this...

Comment by macona
    20:25 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

I was thinking he voice was more like an icepick in the ear. She played someone on idolmaster as well and it was equally awful.

06:00 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You two are fucking annoying...

Oh, and her voice acting is great.

Comment by Adom Jensom

If you think these 'blobs are hot, you might as well stick your dick in a Precious Moments figurine.

*BRACES ANUS FOR DOWNVOTES*

06:02 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd rather fuck a precious moments character...

Unlike you, who seems to want to fuck Adam Jensen.

21:25 11/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I didn't ask for this!

02:49 12/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

YES YOU DID!