k-on-akiyama-mio-tainaka-ritsu-kotobuki-tsumugi-illustration-by-horiguchi-yukiko.jpg

Those anime which anime fans insist will surely endure for years rather than being forgotten by their fickle followers in favour of the latest fad have been dutifully ranked, although whether any of their recent picks will endure on as classics is doubtless still open to question…

The ranking:

1. K-ON!

2. Tiger & Bunny

3. Clannad

4. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

5. Hyouka

6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

7. One Piece

8. Space Battleship Yamato

9. A Certain Scientific Railgun

10. Castle in the Sky

See also the opposing ranking.

01:34 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.8)

Sir, you forgot Gintama. Or is it in the list of 'Top 10 anime everyone will remember for eternity'?

Comment by kintama00
    02:04 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

true..
    lol why is Tiger & Bunny in here?

09:04 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.8)

they forget to put Evangelion here

15:16 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

why no code geass

16:18 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Code what?

09:31 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

the is right my good sir

21:21 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The reason why Evangelion is not on the list, it is because most of the people can't comprehend or don't have the capacity to understand the story.

07:26 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Just watch it

Sit and marathon it

It's probably on here since it was so different from moe crap that has been spewing out lately. It and Usagi Drop are the only 2 semi resent anime I've watched all the way through more than once and still enjoyed.

09:17 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

top 10 anime anime everyone will remember for eternity:
    - Doraemon
    - Gundam
    - ... (not sure yet)
    let go ask anyone you meet in Japan that do they know
    Doraemon or Gundam ?
    Answer will be yes even they never watch Anime, even they are normal or Otaku.

13:05 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Which Gundam series?

10:39 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

DRAGONBALL without the Z or GT

21:25 02/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I asked 3 japan girls (obviously they're not otaku type) when I met them overseas, the answers:

Fullmetal Alchemist
    Samurai X
    DragonBall

and I'm partly depressed when they shake heads when I mentioned Azumanga Daioh.

02:15 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

forgot all about K-ON! thanks aweful list ;)

Awful list, yes. I will however remember K-On as ''The Cancer of the 2000s''.

08:03 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Gintama doesn't count since it's going to be running for years anyway.

18:32 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

by your standard, one piece doesnt count too

09:10 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Out of the 10 listed here, only one will be remembered: Space Battleship Yamato! That story has been around for nearly THIRTY YEARS now with a new show of OVAs and a recent Movie.
    As long as a product is in the spotlight, it will be remembered. If someone in the writing department has suicidal tendencies and projects his despair into the script. It will be remembered.
    hint: Evangelion.

05:32 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I was going to step in on that: for the Japanese, the show is indeed 38 years old as of October 2012. My first exposure was in 1979 when it was bowlderized/broadcast as Star Blazers in the United States.

And.....K-ON is just as memorable as Yamato was. Then I was a kid, today I'm an old fart. It's memorable. Get off my lawn.

11:08 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude, Yamato is 40.

Gintama is the new Naruto. That show is so overrated, sucks and is so boring, it's like trying to watch House or CSI, something to help me fall asleep on those hard to sleep nights.

12:34 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You're on meth, dude? Comparing Gintama to Naruto is like a brand new max level of retardness.

Comment by demonhaseo
    13:48 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

HOW DARE YOU INSULT HOUSE YOU PIECE OF CRAP!! House was fucking hilarious.

06:58 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

What!? Death Note won't be remembered for years!?

That show was sooo lame and attracted so many godzilla sized Emo and Punk Rocker kids... At least Naruto had some hot asian fans and that show made me feel like shooting myself.

Comment by PirateKing
    01:49 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

7. One Piece

Really ?

One Piece will probably still be on in 10 years.

02:30 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

One Piece will always be remembered because it already is a classic like DBZ. That's just a fact so deal with it!

Like all those neverending anime I just couldn't watch One Piece for more than about 80 eps. I dropped Naruto/Fairy Tail/DBZ/etc. on about the same ep count. I have to say they were all interesting at the beginning, but at some point the story seems to stretch out too much with fillers almost completely taking over the show and the viewer actually forgetting about the big picture. When someone would ask me "What's it about, what are they fighting for?" I'd have to say "Well I don't know anymore, at the beginning it was like this but now every 15 eps a new enemy pops up stronger and more badass than the one before and they're fighting for the sake of fighting I guess lol??"

So basically what I dislike about those anime is the lack of a plausible fixed goal driving plot and character progression and therefore a lack of a grand finale, which would end the series, or at least the season. Of course they do have finales, every "boss" battle is a finale, but they don't have much of character growth and little actual plot progression in those, and after 4 of those there's pretty much no real gamechanger anymore. It's just the same hero beats bad guy and gets a lvl up and one skill point to learn a new skill. (The same reason MMOs get boring after a while btw)

Anyways, just me ranting...people who like it should of course watch it, but please don't judge people for not liking those sorta animes.

10:40 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Weak i marathon'd Dragonball to DBZ like 300+ eps

09:27 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You didn't watch one piece after 80 episodes? I feel sorry for you. Missing out so much.

18:30 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@9:27 Nah, son't worry about me, I'm happy I didn't waste any more time of my life. In the time I saved I watched GitS and Gundam 00 and the time I'm saving is still rising with every ep those animes come out with.
    If I were 12 years old I'd probably be sorry for dropping those, but the 22 year old me has other priorities and expectations in an anime.

@10:40 Yeah sure, and you didn't sleep for a whole week. Cause that's what it would take watching 300+ eps nonstop.
    I almost fell asleep every 2nd ep because they just stopped fighting after 5 mins and kept remembering the past and talking for 10 mins then they fight again for 2 mins , rince and repeat. But there wasn't anything better in TV at that time and it was still the era before internet. And the ultra convenient time stretching chamber and Goku is lost somewhere and comes back with world destroying powers...Think about it, if someone would use something as ridiculous as that in an anime today people would just laugh. Srsly, who except masochists would watch DBZ these days?

Comment by enymous

Are you a retard or something?

04:54 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

That's too bad. Pokemon is terrible.

04:37 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

well atleast it isn't naruto that's on the list

09:39 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

K-On! Hyuka and all the rest of the moe crap that has come out is all the same shit also.

To be honest, DBZ, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are pretty much the same shit.

Pokemon is probably going to be remembered more than all of them combined in the future.

Comment by kintama00
    Comment by Zettai no Majo
    01:50 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

The original Mobile Gundam series needs to be on this list.

Comment by Sasazuka
    02:16 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

The question should have limited it to series from the past decade. Naming anime from decades ago that have already proven the test of time (like #10 CASTLE IN THE SKY, or the original GUNDAM) seems to be pointless.

Comment by kintama00
    Comment by Powerpuff Loli
    01:21 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

List is pretty much spot-on. But I think Hyouka is the least likely to be remembered.

Avatar of Ore wa seitei Souther!! Nanto rokusei no teiho![Takemaru]
    05:07 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

No, it will not. It was indeed a good anime though

02:55 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

One anime I've never forgotten is Tenchi Muyo, another Dragonball Z.

12:58 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The funny thing in here is that Hyouka and Puella Magi Madoka Magica are ranked 9th and 10th in the "Top 10 Anime Everyone will forget after a few years"

12:09 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

fucking invalid

Comment by EndlessGr8
    09:20 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't care what anyone says about K-On!
    I loved it and therefore it is very memorable to me.
    You take what you give in terms of time and devotion.
    But I believe Clannad speaks for itself.

Comment by demonhaseo
    13:50 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Lack of Gundam franchise, Code Geass, and Saint Seiya make me shake my head at this list. K-On is only remembered because both fans and haters don't shut up about it (Mostly haters... you know the more you talk about it, the more people become curious and go to watch it, then they either become haters and repeat the cycle, or lovers and give you headaches.) and it's not deserving of the Number 1 spot.

16:25 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Really hard to forget Saint Seiya after all those episodes and OVAs. Besides, where else would you find guys fighting in gold armors?

14:07 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Remove K-ON from the list please.

13:24 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

What happened to Gundam, Macross, Dragonball, Conan, all the Super Robot series such as Mazinger, Getta

12:23 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Already a list of classics.