GTA V “Due Spring 2013″

gta-announcement.jpg

Blockbuster crime sim Grand Theft Auto V has been announced as being due in Spring 2013 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, to the delight of most gamers.

The announcement comes straight from Rockstar:

Today, we’re proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond – from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

A return to the California composite state of San Andreas and Los Santos is widely anticipated, although there is some concern about it it not finding its way onto the next generation of consoles, to say nothing of no mention of a PC version.

PC fans were so annoyed they started fussing about the matter, only to earn a terse breadcrumb to quell their “enthusiasm”: “we’re currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don’t have any details to share about a PC version at this time.”

18:39 31/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.5)

Why is this posted on Sankaku?

Comment by Soniko
    19:46 31/10/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Because Sankaku isn't a website about Japanese culture at all. It's about anything that will generate views.

20:02 31/10/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

^
    This person speaks the truth!

Comment by cats2
    02:11 01/11/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

What...?

Almost every time there's crime or something like a robbery/car running over people the japanese comments are immediately:

"GTAwwwwwwww"

in all those nico like video streams, along with many passing comments to it on bbs's.

They're fans of it...

02:07 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@23:39

At least some of them know of it, just like other games from the hairy barbaric west. I've encountered a few back when I was playing online. Some even were cheating with rpg machine guns..

23:39 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

But even seems that Japanese never heard of GTA?! :P
    Maybe not as popular as in the West, ultimately SC has its division games too, after all games are an important part of Japanese culture.
    As for GTA ... pc version worries me is going to be a console port and if it will be still based on DX9?
    On the one hand, old pcs will do the trick but the teaser photos , the impression that will kick pc mid end of many people.
    Hello upgrade ,good bye cash......

08:35 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

you won some anon respect with this (who cares about anon's respect anyway?)

19:42 31/10/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Capitalism, ho!

12:32 02/11/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Is no one else going to mention how bad that piece of promotional art posted here is? It's like they copied and pasted a photograph of a model's face onto a drawn body, then ran it through a filter to make it sort of match. It's not even the right size and just looks awkward.

16:04 02/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

As long the gameplay doesn't dissapoint.....I really could care less about that abomination of that promotional art.

06:08 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@Soniko +1 So why do you think there're so many "Chinese Style" posts if it's a web site for japanese culture and stuff.

Comment by Rokudaime
    11:10 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I had the same reaction. This article doesn't belong on Sankaku. The game isn't Japanese, and there is nothing about it that has a connection to Japan or anything Japanese...

20:35 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

GTA4 was a hit in Japan.

Comment by Yamato
    00:56 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Unless the article's posting Japanese sales, or includes some bit of Japanese fanart, or a screenshot of the Accel World characters playing a console, or SOMETHING that relates to the game's reception in Japan, this shit has absolutely no business on an otaku-based site. I mean, Christ, is it not enough that we hear about western games on pretty much every fucking gaming site out there?

Comment by Artefact

The site's content is intended to be of interest to an "otaku" audience, not to be solely limited to "otaku" content.

Thus China, console and technology news and so on feature heavily, and with most users being gamers and GTA being a colossal franchise it seems perfectly justifiable to extend it some coverage.

08:52 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Uh, no. It's pretty niche over there.

Comment by enymous
    23:23 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Bucks, bucks everywhere

They run out of material?

20:39 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ishihara stepped down. This is the only answer.

21:26 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

girl looks like rita faltoyano

18:10 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.3)

And if it uses SecuROM I will avoid it as I did IV, thank you very much.

I am a PC gamer. Consoles are toys for kiddies.

20:00 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I am a PC gamer, I only care about graphics, MMORPG, and first-person shooter games.

Comment by Crazy_O
    21:11 31/10/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I also care about eroge. Don't forget the waifus!

Comment by Yamato
    00:59 01/11/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

A PC-gamer who makes PC-gaming sound appealing. I like you.

22:30 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Shooters belong to the consoles now thanks to COD and Halo

23:09 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Im not a fan of auto aim assist that cant be turned off, lumbering through chest high battlefields, the overall slow pace of a console shooter.

The useless replenish your HP while whacking it in a corner is a crap mechanic now heralded as a core mechanic of any console fps.

Whats funny is that they did some play testing during Halo with combining the PC and console gamers online.
    The players with a mouse and keyboard gained about 5 times the kills and died 1/3rd as much.

Comment by mangalowres
    23:02 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Shooters and Console ... that does not fit at all.
    But on the other side, you can not call those shooters.

Try to play a real shooter on PC.

22:48 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You forgot mods.

Comment by Kohaku
    22:14 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a PC gamer and hate shooters, go back to your corner kid

Comment by Stormwatch
    11:18 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Wrong, shooters belong to the PC now thanks to ABA Games, Team Shanghai Alice, the MAME team, and... oh, wait, you mean FPS, not shooters.

23:37 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

He was indirectly insulting PC gamers... if you didn't catch that.

19:38 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Consoles are toys for kiddies.

No they are not. Consoles are for people who hate gaming.

19:59 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I pity you.

You missed out on MGS4, the Yakuza series as well as other considerably good console-exclusive games.

Consoles are for people who hate gaming?

For one, I don't care about graphics, I care about the games available and gameplay.

18:58 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, I begged to play Dark Souls. All I got is a straight port. But at least I'm still dying repeatedly to the Capra Demon.

23:43 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon 21:14

No, PC gamers definitely begged for it to be released on the PC. They bitched and moaned about it being a straight port, so they couldn't use the keyboard and mouse properly like entitled gamers.

20:01 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Preach it, bro!

20:24 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Consoles are dead to me at the moment, they have stagnated in terms of games and development.

I am not hovever, so jaded to try claim they are for kids or for people that hate gaming.

they served as a good reliable way to play games, with good graphics at the time of release...and had some of the best games on offer.

just a shame they have went downhill in the last 5 odd years.

21:14 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon 20:38

PC gamers begged for Dark Souls?! Yes we begged.. we begged not to play it. I tried to play it just to check what's the hype. Fuck you can't even compare it to the lamest PC Game. Have you ever tried playing Skyrim on a high end PC? I suggest you try. The game is very linear.. you can't even call it a rpg.

20:38 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@ 20:24

I know that mindset. But if this was true, PC gamers wouldn't have begged for Dark Souls right? Now it seems that millions of PC gamers love THE consoles games.

20:18 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

GAMING IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE THINGS.

Comment by HouseLife
    18:31 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't start that. Everyone knows Consoles are factory set computers, it's like making fun of your brothers. Don't let yourself go down to that level just because the PC market was killed by pirates. The PS3/XBOX360 crowd already attack each other like fools for no good reason.

I just don't like to play FPS and twitch games on consoles because I refuse to deal with an artificial difficulty because a game can't keep up with me, but consoles still have a true nostalgic feel to them when playing JRPGs and such. ...granted that's all I buy for them if I have another option, but whatever. I wish mouse and keyboard controls were implemented for things those types of games, I don't care what system it's on. GTA thankfully doesn't have a heavy gun fighting element, so precision isn't as necessary, but I'll still wait for the PC version as well for the thing that consoles can't even begin to touch the PC crowd on.

Mods.

*drops mic*

Comment by Castian
    06:35 02/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Atack with no reason!?
    There's an Agreemnet, between companies to develop games at the same qualities if such games are multiplatform.

That Said, publishers don't want to invest in the 360's games and try to "Fit" an entire game on a single DVD9, limiting the developing to a meager DATASPACE of roughly 7 gigs since the rest is "eaten up" by formating purposes.

That said, games that could've been much much better on the PC/Ps3 are not, companies have to downgrade their quality of games, because the 360's lame drive system and cheap DATAspace saving tactics like taking away features, graphics or even FPS and story/plot, again, to "FIT" an entire new game in a single DVD9.

At least, i do have a reason to attack the 360, not microsoft, since i love their PCs and not the Blind 360 fanbase who think "the next game will be better" over and over and over.

I know, i have the three consoles and a gaming PC, i'm a modder, i know about the struggles of limiting DATA space very well.

22:43 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

That comment goes to show how stupid people who play games on PC really are, considering games were on consoles a hell of a lot longer than pc games. Respect your elders kid.

23:13 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The brown box aka the first marketed game was released around the time shortly after people were starting to make their own games online.

Do yourself a favor and go look up the "make your own game" section in the back of a gaming magazine back in the 80's.

Lastly gonna go chicken and egg here. I'm certain aside from those self made games on the atari a game is made on a PC first.

23:24 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

this comment goes to show how stupid console kiddies are that think a console is something different then a bad PC where you cant replace parts

18:57 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, they did buy a console, realise that the PC can do the same thing but better due to the ability of being upgraded, and they went into denial mode and bash anything with the word PC in it.

Comment by Sasazuka
    22:38 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I know the PC versions of games are usually better and cheaper than console versions, I just can't be arsed to keep a PC up to current gaming specs. I prefer the out-of-the-box simplicity of console gaming. The graphics on console games look more than good enough to me. Even Dreamcast, XBox and PS2 games still look just fine to me (that generation of console had 3D graphics that looked better than the "3D" games I imagined I would one day be playing back when I was in high school, in the 8-bit and 16-bit era).

Comment by enymous
    23:29 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL.

old school? DVD, Blu-ray?

You know Steam?

Who buy format fisic when have Steam?

22:15 31/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

you sound like a little bitch. ive been playing games on consoles since nintendo came out, pc gamers are all new age little cunts. bow down to consoles kid!

05:33 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think this fits the theme of this website...

05:36 01/11/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah.. this is cool and all, but I don't think this belongs on this website. Why not put up the story on the possible development of Rapelay 2. Illusion soft has been dropping hints all over about it now, both on their website and tiny hints in the package of their current game. So it's either gonna happen or just an elaborated prank for the feminazis.