Tokitowa Totally Sexy: “Indeed Perfect For JRPG/Anime Fans”

• Author: Artefact
  • Categories: Uncategorized
  • Date: Aug 30, 2012 09:47 JST

tokitowa-001.jpg
tokitowa-002.jpg
tokitowa-059.jpg

Ultimate anime JRPG” Toki to Eien: Tokitowa has been revealed in yet more detail, and with sexy pantsu and tentacle service aplenty, it is little wonder it is being claimed as the perfect RPG for anime fans…

Screens of the game now abound, showing off just how complete its “anime RPG” credentials are:

tokitowa-001.jpg
tokitowa-054.jpg
tokitowa-055.jpg
tokitowa-056.jpg
tokitowa-057.jpg
tokitowa-058.jpg
tokitowa-059.jpg

For those who intend to actually play the game rather than merely savour the sight of its heroines being molested by tentacles, gameplay movies have also been released:

Tokitowa is set for release on the 11th of October.

Comment by Your Name
    10:02 30/08/2012 # ! Good (+0.7)

It just needs more frames ><

15:53 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Seriously, that shit looks like 10FPS for the fighting scenes. Someone must have decided they could only pay animators to draw seven different poses for the character.

14:31 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks about right as it is as an 'anime'. Anymore and it'll feels like flash animations, or Nickelodean.

Comment by MARl0
    10:39 30/08/2012 # ! Good (+0.5)

It looks fantastic in still shots, but the gameplay videos look pretty bad unfortunately. I'll have to take a wait and see approach to this one.

16:07 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Did we watch the same videos? Those look pretty damn amazing to me...

16:24 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Ya looks insane, I was confused at first I thought it was an anime that portrayed an MMORPG. Totally got suckered.

06:02 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

10FPS doesnt look amazing in a game. They should try harder.

23:26 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Reminds me of DOOM. Looks nice

Are you nuts...This looks excellent considering how old the PS3 is now compared to today's hardware and don't forget this not the final product damn you!!!

14:02 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

is there shit in ur eyes it looks like a flash game with prerendered animations

Comment by HouseLife
    17:02 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

How old the PS3's hardware is...? I haven't really even seen many games use its full capabilities. Of course unfortunately that's because it's notoriously difficult to program for if you play to release on other consoles, so nobody really tries except proprietary games.

Either way, it pains me to see someone be so spoiled on graphics in such a short amount of time.

This gameplay is like Resident Evil 4's over-the-shoulder meets a pokemon battle system. It's kind of intriguing, really. But it's difficult to say if it'll feel good running around based on the footage.

23:55 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Well PS3 is powerful but not powerful. Computer hardware moves ahead very quickily and Moore's Law still stands. PS3 is almost 5 years old. Since moore's law predicts roughly double performance every 1.5 year, that means if they build a PS3 using modern hardware now, it would be about 2^((5/1.5)-1)=5 times more powerful.

06:05 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The idea that the PS3's hardware isn't being used to its "full capabilities" is nonsense. As an easy metric to understand the PS3 has 256MBs of standard RAM and 256MBs of VRAM. Almost half the PS3's RAM is used for the basic OS. So all PS3 games have to be programmed entirely on around 130MBs of RAM with the rest going to video. The read speed of BluRay discs are also very slow on the PS3. At 2x speed they are even worse for data streaming than normal DVDs. The PS3 reads from disc at 9MBs a second only slightly beating even the Wii. The GPU is also badly out of date, but harder to quantify.

As far as the game itself. I thought it was an anime trying to look like a game, not the other way around. It looks really good.

Comment by Crazy_O
    10:26 30/08/2012 # ! Good (+0.5)

Do want!
    Let the jap. Dub in it and ill start throwing money at my monitor.

Comment by Castian
    05:38 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Dubbed? to loose all the Jap voice overs? never!
    Japanese Voice overs and English text it's the "way to go"
    -Secret Of Mana

17:25 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"sexy pantsu and tentacle service"

02:54 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

JRPGs haven't been any good since the 90s.

01:37 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Let FUNimation dub this :)

09:33 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

A Curse on your soul.

Comment by Reo
    00:50 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder if there's harem ending, it would be a lot better if there was.

02:23 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

No, only tow endings. The red-haired girl and blonde one. And she is a same person so... yeah technically only one choice...

Comment by Retroland
    23:43 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmmmm seems like an atelier

Comment by Burly
    21:41 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

If you want to see a decent JRPG with anime style grafics, play Valkyria Chronicles

Comment by Burly
    19:36 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Character designs look nice... just the gameplay and charater movements look WFT! think I'll give this one a miss. Saving my cash for Dream C Club on the PS3, oh yeah ;)

17:39 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I just clicked it for tentacles and boobs.

20:10 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The gameplay might look a little rough (read: terrible) but the take away from this is that FINALLY THE TECHNOLOGY IS HERE.

Now we just need to give this technology to renowned game developers and we'll be swimming in anime-styled games.

Comment by TNinja
    23:26 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I somehow got Chantelise feel from this.

05:01 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I love the fact the guy named "protagonist" dies at the beginning and is completely out of the story the whole game. xD

Looks like the background moves instead of the characters on the game videos, though...

03:50 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah, this looks amazing! I hope they release it in NA. Hopefully unchanged too.

Comment by Shimazaki
    01:53 03/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

PD: Let cyberconect do the 2D/3D stuff, they have the true key of that technique, not the creators of this game.

09:18 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

That awkward momemt when you realize a game you told a friend about months ago turns out to be ero.

...

._.

Comment by Drauger
    08:36 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

ugh what an ugly ass looking game x_x the animation looks choppy , its a sprite running around a 3d world right?

16:45 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

img 10 = fantasy Miku anyone?

14:10 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

WOW, such vast cities and castles and places... totally devoid of any human life.

Its kind of what makes Mirror's Edge look fake... a huge utopia city-state in which the only other humans you see are pretty much trying to kill you. You hear some traffic, but don't see it. So many buildings, no people... inside or out.

Comment by Senjou
    00:13 01/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I see your point there.

14:01 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

d00d it looks like a shit flash game. Will this be 99 cent on ios?

12:25 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

How the fuck do I play this one hand!!!

11:34 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Will absolutely buy if localized.
    This game got so much hate for being the first truly 2D RPG. Hopefully the haters are proven wrong.

Comment by Justin iZ Here
    12:58 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

instant buy if it gets localized.

Comment by NeroChaos
    13:08 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I personally don't think this will be localized. No i don't have any information to back up my comment. I am just voicing my thoughts based on MY personal experience in waiting for JRPG's to be localized.

I personally DO want this localized....but the question still remains......will they consider it?

Comment by WEL
    13:33 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

it will be localized. I can't find the interview right now but I know I read it a few weeks ago and the game is going to be localized. It already has an English tittle and everything: Time & Eternity.

20:01 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I honestly hope you're right. Because this looks fuckin' amazing and I really hope I don't have to miss out on it just because I can't understand moonspeak.

13:31 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

So when the subs come out?

Comment by WEL
    13:28 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I really don't know how you people don't get bored of this after so many years. When I started watching anime in the early 90's things weren't like this. There was tons of ecchi anime but there was a balance, now everything related to anime is just moeblob and ecchi and it makes me very sad seeing how things have gone this wrong.

Now you can't even play a console Jrpg without the ecchi and stupidly retarded story-lines getting in the way. =/

Comment by Shimazaki
    01:44 03/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Amen, someone that got some sence, bravo, i congratulate you, the balance is really lost beyond any reliefe........japan is really messing to mutch with ero stuff

Comment by Hayate
    11:29 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

does it has male lead or not?
    looks like she's getting married but from the screenshot there's no male at all...

12:11 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

guy's getting killed in the opening , girl travel time to save him

13:34 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

it'll be great if it was based on a harem storyline....

09:34 31/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes because the main character being a woman, A Harem for her would mean gang bang ending.

10:45 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I have no idea what this is or where I am and I am female but I want to take the one with the glasses home with me

Comment by klon
    10:04 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

this for 200 usd?! is that really its final price?? ... i'm just a poor pervert... not for me

10:14 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Search up 時と永遠~トキトワ~ on amazon; it's only 7000 yen. I got no idea what Sancom is attempting to sell but it's clearly out of our price range.

10:14 30/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

What?! The LE is just a little over $100...