shizune-bathing-by-tk.jpg

Fans of top ramen manga Naruto have been heartened to hear the title’s much feared ending will not come any time soon, and there are even hints it could drag on for decades in Bleach fashion

Naruto mangaka Masashi Kishimoto’s latest Jump interview:

Tell us about the original, do you have a clear line of sight to the final chapter?

It’s not all set in stone yet, but how it will end and how that ending will be shown is decided. We just have to run on to the end.

So, I’m curious about how much stuff is due until the ending?

Well, I can’t be sure of that… it’s gone forward far slower than was planned. 3 years ago at Jump Festa we said we’d make use of Kakashi, and we still haven’t done it.

Honestly, even I don’t know how much is left.

When asked how long it will go on, I said “about another year,” but it looks as if will continue longer.

Can you say if there are any surprises in store?

There’s all sorts. There are characters who haven’t really featured who will be coming out. And there is still a lot to happen with Naruto, so please keeping watching and reading until the end!

jump-kishimoto-interview.jpg

06:38 23/07/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Milk it until it's dry. Well, to tell you the truth, I like Naruto better than Bleach. It has more substance.

01:43 24/07/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

I'm sad it won't end soon, because I want to see the story conclude WITHOUT the bunch of milking like Bleach did...

Too late for that.. Naruto's been running a lot longer than Bleach.

Comment by Shadow C
    09:07 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

But it has 90% less BANKAI!!!!!!!!!!(please kill me)

09:51 23/07/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

It does have 90% more backgrounds though.

16:16 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Better than One Piece

07:44 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I guess the hipster thing to do now is to claim Bleach is better than One Piece.

14:53 27/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Well unlike Naruto and Bleach that have an ending announced One Piece has no end in sight nor even hinted. The problem with some of the readers isn't the quality rather its just without an ending, I mean the author of Guin Saga wrote over 150 volumes of that novel series and she died never finishing the story.

01:40 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

One Piece is way better.

19:04 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

One piece is shit? Well don't worry, whatever you're reading is shit too. In fact anything you like is shit because I don't like it, and if I don't like it then it's shit obviously.

02:31 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

One piece is shit.

14:02 25/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

They aren't really milking it he just has a story to tell and its taken longer than planned.

07:32 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

This. I already drop Bleach, I don't understand what is going on anymore the last time I read it.
    Naruto, well I guess I keep reading it until the end to find out how it going to end.

Is that substance ramen noodles?

"Milk it until it's dry."

Then sell the powdered milk.

08:50 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

"Narutards" I hate this word. Naruto isn't one the best anime and it's certainly not one of the worst, but seriously. When Naruto aired almost nobody hated on it and after that 100 episode filler arc, everybody is like "Oh, you like Naruto? Narutard."
    I can't stand it. If you don't like it, fine, don't. If you like it, fine, like it.

Comment by Myballz
    04:20 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Naruto kind of had its moments and TV specials after watching 200 episodes I had to quit.

"Narutard" is only a negative word because Narutards make it so. I'm only following the manga to see how it's going to end, at this point, and the only thing I truly enjoy in Naruto is the UNS game series. Does that make me a Narutard? You tell me.

Now, if half of the Narutards would stop acting as if Naruto was the best invention since the wheel, it wouldn't carry such a negative connotation.

And you can't deny that a year and a half of fillers hurt the series' reputation like hell.

shut up narutard

10:16 23/07/2012 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

u shadup, piecetard

oh shut up Anontard

07:48 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

So much hate in here...

03:05 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"so please keeping watching and reading until the end!"

never started, never will.

09:56 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

well figured a year before it ends. Bleach on its last arc and he is a master of dragging stuff out but hopefully wont do too much and kishimoto gotta sort his stuff out. Its just all over the place at the moment, unless he does something well interesting after killing freaking the maker of the world not sure how much longer be interested. Might just then wait for it to end and jump straight to the end.

Comment by josh
    13:06 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Oh man I hope it continues for 5 more year. This is the only manga that get exited every time a new chapter comes out :(

16:19 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

...Except on every chapter where Sasuke shows his face (80% of the manga since the Immortal Duo was defeated). Which means that 80% of Naruto is pure crap.

Sasuke's reasons for seeking to destroy Konoha were childish to begin with, but now, even after hearing about the events directly from "that one guy" just a couple of chapters ago, his reasons just became idiotic. Now he's doing it just because.

Fucking die already........

01:44 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Because he's already past the point of sanity and is now truly evil...

16:11 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

TOBI IS OBITO.

Comment by fxc2
    03:28 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Narutards despair, narutards rejoice, narutards on an emotional rollercoaster it seems.

04:02 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm kind of wondering why he's referring to them as "narutards" however... Then again I guess he does troll his own readers so...

like you when steins;gate finished?

03:02 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck yes!! I was worriued that after the war, everything would end but looks like it won't! :) go naruto!!! XD

Hope this gives naru/hina time to nuture their feelings! :)

16:25 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

What feelings?

Hinata doesn't show any signs of wanting to continue to pursue him after her confession fell on deaf ears, and Naruto doesn't even seem to acknowledge her as the hot babe that she is. Naruto is a pervert, spent years training with a pervert, and won't even look at the cute girl his age with the biggest pair of boobs in the entire village. What?

Mark my words: as much as it pains me, this will end with Naruto/Sasuke buttsex. Very gay buttsex. The kind that makes gay people cringe and say "DAMN, that's gay".

23:43 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

sad story isn't it?...the nonexisting Hinata/Naruto plot show me how much "logic" is in Shippuuden. Some people who reading the manga told us the anime viewer "PAIN is NOTHING" compared to the things coming!!!! IT WILL BE AWESOME!!" Well we still waiting.>_> Sasuke/Danzo fight...to slow. Lightyears away from even epic. "Great Ninja War"...what a joke. Yeah I like Pain but why don't make it better?

07:52 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit. I'm glad someone noticed that too.

04:35 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

You never know, the publishers might make an about face and decide to drop it suddenly one day forcing the author to make a shitty ending.

07:35 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I remember Shaman King bizarre ending. And it was because the publisher suddenly decide to drop it. Fans going rage mode, and Shaman King restart again..

03:58 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

better not put your hope too high, dude.
    There is almost no chance for that, I say.

04:34 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

1 year to end. Hopefully Kishimoto improve his story and battle scene, then ending Naruto in a grand way.

03:05 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

ughhhh Beating a dead horse. Christ even Dragon Ball had a decency to finally end Despiting the fact bandai still makes money on it

08:12 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

You're nuts.

A dead horse can't produce sales of this level.

10:01 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Its been over a year since random fights with no importance to any plot beforehand started.(i.e. 4th "ninja vs zombie war")>

At the rate kishimoto naturally draws out his show i'd give it another 2-3 years.
    ---------------

Sadly naruto is not one piece. Its not an adventure show and its focus is a childish plot based around the next badguy with some different power. The problems with this is that dragging out a show that is NOT adventure based might as well be trying to obviously exploit your viewers.

I mean thats the whole point of filler arcs: To get money per week still.

Comment by Artist Rising
    02:59 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Now what?
    I need some new manga!!!

04:43 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Man. This just feel like when Eyeshields 21 come to end.. I am browsing the internet looking for worthy substitute like for 2 weeks.

There are thousand of manga, but only few is really good and enjoyable.

16:45 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

BANZAI BANZAI BANZAI

Comment by Pyrus
    03:14 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Milking that cash cow for all it's worth!

"...top ramen manga..."
    "...top ramen..."
    LoL!!! Has someone here been subsisting off of dollar store food?

14:49 27/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

One thing I find odd about Kakashi, he is supposed to be a great ninja but his combinations are highly inefficient. I have been learning about real ninja style and its about using effective damage with using as little movement as possible. Plus we all know his sharingan uses up alot of energy, combine that with chidori/raikiri he uses up alot of power, when in fact if he combined his rasengan with sharingan he would have more energy to spare for other abilities.

Comment by Mauvais
    00:17 25/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

For crying out loud!
    TOBI IS OBITO - SASUKE LOSES - BABY UCHIHAS. THE END.
    Why does this have to take a decade to complete?

03:16 23/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Naruto should have ended after first chapter.

02:57 24/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

if every char get 2 chapters to fight/close the story you got an easy 100+ chapters