azunyan-tongued.jpg

Whether from fans behaving outrageously at events or endlessly causing trouble online (or indeed, by just being picked on by everyone), some anime have reputations for almost as many uncouth and ill-mannered fans as an AKB48 handshaking event, and their compatriots seem only too happy to name and shame them in a suitably vindictive ranking.

The ranking:

1. K-ON!

2. Gundam SEED

3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

4. Bakemonogatari

5. A Certain Scientific Railgun

6. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

7. Ore no Imouto

8. Infinite Stratos

9. Gundam 00 First Season

10. Saki

The less than salubrious reputation of K-ON! fans seems to be in no danger of fading any time soon…

Comment by Adom Jensom
    18:34 21/06/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

that image.. dafuq

19:08 21/06/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

You should se the gif..

01:24 22/06/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

THE GIF:

ENJOY IT!

Comment by カンチ
    02:34 22/06/2012 # ! Quality (+0.8)

I did. Thank you.

10:31 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Ghirahim reveals his K-ON fanboyism

Comment by Justin iZ Here
    08:09 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

you have made my day...thanks!

09:17 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

TARINGA????
    dejame de joder, esto lo sacaste de Poringa

12:30 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

yo how does he move it so fast? that's a fucken skill! LOL

Comment by Greg Boscole
    03:28 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I did too.

Comment by Satonaka
    04:05 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Chef Ramsey said it best:

"Fuck me..."

Comment by de Maria
    19:00 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

There's no other way to say it really.

23:36 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY NAKAMA, YOU INFIDEL!!

23:15 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

sure is disturbing

Comment by no
    23:49 21/06/2012 # ! Quality (+1.0)

God save this world if Touhou ever gets a full-length anime

00:50 22/06/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

Blame the fans, not the series itself.

It's like with Halo. That became "overrated" because the fans made it that way. By no means is it bad, it's just the fanbase ruined it.

02:42 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

the fans make everything so everything is a result of them.

04:12 22/06/2012 # ! Good (+0.8)

Really? I watched it, so I made it? Shut up.

16:03 23/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

In the case of Touhou, yeah. Well, not exactly what you said, but a vast majority of the stuff for Touhou out there is fanmade doujin stuff.

00:54 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@no 23:49 - There's nothing wrong with Touhou. I haven't played any of the Touhou games (nor will I), but I enjoyed the short fan-made anime, and would like to see more.

12:34 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

That's like saying you're a fan of Halo because you saw the animation(which there is) but have never even played the game nor have plans to. Doesn't make sense at all.

12:30 25/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, but you should have at least enjoyed the medium. You and the other anon both made silly statements, play the games!

23:08 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

He doesn't say he is a "fan" of the series (he enjoyed it) I like the Touhou universe and it characters alot, but i haven't played the games either, I only have a shitton of pictures.

More importantly, you don't have to absolutely adore EVERYTHING about something to be a fan.

05:32 23/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't forget Vocaloid.

20:45 21/06/2012 # ! Good (+0.7)

In America ..... #1 = Narutards

02:12 22/06/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

Sonic fans...
    may not be anime, but the fandom is so bad that it overflows into other fandoms.
    sonic fans are also the worst Boardgame, sports and OS fans.

02:45 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

If you want to exit the realm of anime, the worst in America is My Little Pony fans. Those self titled "Bronies" can be pretty vicious.

07:35 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The ill actions of the Bronies pale in comparison to Treckies and DC/Marvel fanboys.

11:43 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I've never seen a viscous brony before. Must not be looking hard enough?

Comment by Satonaka
    04:03 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

again, justified, rarely do we "bronies" get such a great "american" cartoon that makes current and especially most past american cartoons look like utter crap.

I'm an 'ol school cartoon watcher so forgive me if I drop a few titles people might not know or remember: but back when Disney was king and had stuff like "One Saturday Morning" or the "Disney Afternoon" Cartoons were the shit. Goof Troop, Tale Spin, CHip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Hell even Gargoyles, which went away WAY before it's time, was an amazing piece of work. Merry Melodies, Bugs, Daffy, Tom and Jerry, the list goes on.

Now what are we left with... live actor shows on Disney, CGI mickey Mouse cartoons that well, suck...

Hell if you ask me, MLP: FIM came at a perfect time when there was literally nothing to latch onto. It's intelligently written, beautifully paced thematic episodes that (gasp) have a "Moral of the story" that doesn't shove it down your throat like an educational program, and a likeable cast coupled with great voicework including the likes of Tara Strong (MGS Peacewalkers Paz, Lollipop Chainsaw's Juliet Starling, hell she was even in Princess Mononoke, I'll let you spot her role in that one XD)

Now I'll back out before I'm labeled one of those "hardcore Bronies" since I consider myself to be pretty tame compared to the rest of the herd, but ehh, you probably bunched me in the hardcore group by now anyway :P

06:33 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Agreed. Also in America are fans of The Legend of Korra. They can be downright insane at times.

09:56 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@07:35 the trekkies didn't do much harm because there was no internet back then

01:27 22/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

vis·cous/ˈviskəs/
    Adjective:
    Having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.

hope not

11:52 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Have to agree with anon 02:45, what took the sonic fanbase nearly a decade and some change to become, the bronies matched and surpassed in under a year.

12:03 23/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

SPORTS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPORTS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPORTS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FAGS...

Comment by カンチ
    02:35 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

OH GOD, THIS. THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!

20:58 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

not really, narutards seem to keep to themselves, its the ones that only watch what comes on adult swim that are the most unruly, or the ones that watch really emo shows. Id say Bleach fans.

21:35 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

True, you either like Naruto or you don't, they don't, they don't give a shit. But the haters however...

22:20 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

lol Nerd and Geek is completly different.
    "Forever Alone", you get it wrong.
    What. ever, try to "wander arround" with them and you'l understand.

Is like a manzai joke without the boke guy.

22:02 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Narutard you can't call as real geek, most of them is just a "forever alone" trying to make groups to wander arround.

Anyways the "Otaku" word overseas(off japan)...
    It's a dumb way to tell they like animes, and not real geeks.

Try to meet any real "fanboy geek" and you'll see what i'm talking about.

02:40 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

This doesn't mean in your face, it's like flashy. That they act like dipshits. Which I have observed to be at least partially true.

01:36 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

your grammers is terrible anon. Its painful to read~

Isnt a forever alone type a geek? I would consider myself fa because I dont even try to make make or maintain friends but I also dont care much for naturto. You would have a hard time proving I dont have nerdy hobbies because my spare time is spend entirely on rpgs, vns, anime and books. If that isnt nerdy Im not sure what is. When was nerd reserved to specific hobbies? I have no idea what youre talking about anon. Liking Naruto is overly common and it often introduces people in highschool to japanese media but that doesnt mean the fans should be ridiculed because of their newness.

Comment by Black Mage
    23:52 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Agreed Bleach fans can be pretty bad as well.

Thats true.. I went to an animr event once and it was crowded with narutards

Comment by EndlessGr8
    04:15 22/06/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

Believe me, there are good and reasonable K-On fans out there... It's kinda like owning a custom Honda Civic. Everyone stereotypes you as a ricer because a large portion of Civic owners have poor taste, turning a decent car reputation into an undesirable one.
    Aside from that, the biggest people I have trouble with in the United States are the stubborn Naruto and Bleach fans... eww...

02:54 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

k-on moetards on a well deserved 1st place.
    has for the rest, really have no clue mb the fans of madoka but the rest, i doubt it.

Comment by 40
    02:49 02/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Gundam SEED gets hated on because Gundam fanboys hate any Gundam more popular than their favorite series and also they hate "perfect" Kira. They also complained that it was unoriginal and that it copied from UC Gundam stories...the fools.

21:03 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

what do bakemonogatari fans do? aside from looping the Tsubasa Neko scene. "Ooy Neko" "Nya?" "say this tongue twister while making your boobs bounce" "Nya nyaa nyaa nya nyan something nya"

22:49 21/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Railgun? Funny I've not heard anything about unruly Railgun fans. Haha.

Comment by Satonaka
    03:54 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

#3's Madoka is justified since it's the most influential anime to come out of Japan since Evangelion (Don't complain, whether you like it or not, you know it's true...)

#10 is surprising, then again I AM ordering a 45 dollar mahjong set for my own personal use online, so ehh... you tell me if I'm going a bit far there XD

09:20 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Yea I don't get how a girl getting her head bitten off makes "most influential anime since Evangelion." Just because a bunch of people were expecting some typical Magical Girl thing and got trolled? That's all it takes?

06:23 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

How is Madoka influential? It hasn't changed the face of anime at all. It's only been around a year. In fact it's pretty unoriginal.

Shock factor? Elfen Lied won that market a long time ago.
    Alternate Timelines? Higurashi and Steins;Gate did it better.
    Magical Girls gone dark? Utena, Princess Tutu and Shamanic Princess are way ahead.

08:43 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Frankly, Evangelion didn't REALLY change things that much either.

12:25 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

and that's the biggest issue in here:
    overrating

12:15 22/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

And Lain was erasing herself from existence long before Madoka.