The Return of Aya Hirano

aya-hirano-narration-recording.jpg

Scandal seiyuu Aya Hirano is apparently set to make a comeback as a seiyuu, having revealed that she has managed to secure no less that 4 new roles – although not everyone is convinced.

Her enthusiastic tweets about her new roles:

“I’m really excited about tomorrow’s recording! I can’t calm down! (゚レ゚)”

“No, it’s a new one! I’ve got 4 new regular roles now!”

Whether she is rising like a glorious phoenix from the ashes of her own burning career or is merely being economical with her definition of what constitutes a “new role” is the subject of much debate online:

“She’s got 4 regular roles! How the lifeliners will rejoice!”

“Amazing! We love you Aya! Well done! I’m really looking forward to these! I’ll be sure to watch all 4 of them!”

“She’s got talent, after all.”

“4 roles – a huge victory for Aya!”

“Are they all anime? 2012 is the year of the Aya!”

“You can also interpret her wording as stating that she has 4 roles in total.”

“Why can’t she tell us which? It looks as if she was told to keep it quiet in case all their fans become enraged…”

“I wonder how much her guarantee is now.”

“After the uproar died down she’s really shining again!”

Just how many of her “new regular roles” actually involve anime characters, let alone major ones, remains to be seen…

Comment by Alice
    11:11 29/10/2011 # ! Quality (+0.9)

Good for her. I think we're all ready to hear her in our anime again.

11:54 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.9)

Yes. She is an excellent voice actor. I was sad to see her leave voice acting, and I'm glad she's coming back (even though it may have been forced by her antics putting a stop to her new career).

18:15 29/10/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

She never went away. From the top of my head I can only name Lucy from Fairy Tail but I'm sure there were more than that.

21:59 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

theres Nurar

01:18 31/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed, I think her going away meant that she wasn't in every anime in the season...

04:34 01/11/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I seriously don't care if she has a boyfriend or 7. She is a talent, and an excellent voice actress. I want to hear her voice in anime.

18:09 31/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

She is now dubbing Minchi in HunterxHunter. But Minchi will only appear on the series for 2 episodes.

05:24 30/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I like her plaid shirt.

13:03 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

Scandal or not I don't care as long as she gets the job done. Good luck Aya-chan.

Comment by Dummy00001
    21:25 29/10/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

... before the scandals, I haven't even slightest clue who the voice actors are.

And honestly, I do not want to care about them - I just want to watch good anime.

It is the same with the music. Some people think that if I am a fan of a band, then I must know and care about their private lives. I do not - I just happen to like their music very much.

Artefact, I suggest a troll tittle like.
    "Lord of the Ring - Return of the king"
    and the first line will be.
    "Sorry, my bad, my mistake, I mean
    Lord of the seiyuu - Return of the queen"

15:55 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

I never cared about her personal life anyways. If she wants to have sex with lots of guys let her do it.

Yeah. Pssh. Let that whore suck three dicks at a time while taking it in both holes and then go on to voice an innocent virgin character. I think she should stick to ERO anime.

01:22 31/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

That's what is called "acting" you know.

19:07 29/10/2011 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

I only cared about her hypocrisy in that she can sleep around but her "boyfriends" can't. I've always thought her to be selfish and uninteresting.

Comment by AzureXuchilbara
    12:25 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

There will never be another Konata or Haruhi for me...

I'm happy for ya, Aya..!

Seiyuu is the way to go no matter what since it's pretty much the cornerstone of her awesomeness that gave life to the two beloved anime girls I mentioned...

17:22 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You behave yourself now, Aya.

Comment by Hikayuri
    15:30 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Indeed. I, for one, love her voice and her songs. She's dumb to the core but she has a wonderful voice and terrifying talent at being a seiyuu. It's no wonder she got job offers.

Comment by Your Name
    11:30 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

eeeyup, I do expect to see her doing more in games for Square also.

20:53 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I am sure she can make every guy happy at the new place she is working just fine.

Comment by Svinto
    22:31 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree. I'm really looking forward to hear her voice in anime again.

21:00 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i still say the darkest point in her career was acting in eternal yawnata, although she did make polka sound really cute

Comment by euheretic
    12:44 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

For her and for us :)

18:44 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed. Glad to see she quit her day job of quiting her day job.

Comment by HouseLife
    12:13 29/10/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Finally. Some Aya news I truly am grateful for.

Comment by Gradius
    04:40 31/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

She meant 4 new HOLES!

13:14 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yup.

Even if they're minor roles. It's a way to get back into the swing of things. And it should also convince directors that despite her previous antics, she can still do a solid job.

Hollywood is no different. Most agents would advise their clients the same thing, if they managed to cause an uproar like she has. Behave yourself. Do smaller supporting roles for a bit. Show the folks you're a damned good actor. And let time and the next scandal with another celeb cause the public to forget about what you did. That way you can go back to being the main star for a flick.

It's worked with Louis Downey Jr., Russel Crowe and a host of others. Trying to get right back into the limelight. Well. You end up with the Mel Gibson situation. Box office bombs.

Comment by HouseLife
    17:47 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

She seemed to have a sort of 'steel rod' of support through all of this with her role as Lucy in Fairy Tale from what I understand. Without that role I honestly am not sure what could have happened, but I still can't get over how fair-weather the Japanese fandom is.

08:08 30/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Odds of all four roles being in one anime that she had a part in developing...?

11:40 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Haruhi season 3 *crosses fingers*

Comment by miawmix
    18:22 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

or more of Lucky Star ova...

22:10 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

you mean Haruhi Endless 8 Season 2 no?

08:47 30/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't gie a shit as long as I get to see my GODLY WIFEY toples....errrrrrr...umm...I MEAN topping the charts once more!!!!

Comment by 桂 言葉 死
    16:49 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm ALL for it... YES!

Comment by Raven
    11:15 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Aya is like the Energizer bunny -- except more like Godzilla instead of a bunny. She is unstoppable, and Tokyo isn't sure whether to love her or hate her. But she sure leaves her mark as she waltzes through town :P

Comment by MoeMoeKyunBeam
    11:34 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Hey I'm just glad she's back and focusing on seiyuu work instead of that reality show garbage

Comment by Satonaka
    18:01 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Reality show garbage makes up for more than like half of what's on jpn TV anyway... but yeah, it' still garbage XD

Then again the way I view their reality/variety shows or whatever they call them is the SAME exact way I view them here in America.

Show's like Teen Ho's and DumBish Kar-cash-ins really bring american TV down to a dumbed down level.

No offense to people who like those shows... but let's face it, they suck as do a majority of them...

Comment by HouseLife
    16:57 30/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@Satonaka

I wouldn't be worried about offending people who would be offended by liking such shows... nobody in their right minds would actually take enough pride in those guilty pleasures of watching stupid people do stupid shit on TV to get angry about the shows sucking. And if they did take that much pride in it, I would want them to never breed.

19:35 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it would have been fine if she stayed on the stage. She'd be pretty successful there. She's got good vocal projection from all the voicework, she can sing (regardless of whether one likes her songs or not, that's a good talent to have), and she's got a good vocal range to play a lot of different roles.

I'm actually a little disappointed that she's returning to more voicework instead of more stagework. She could have been successful there too.

13:09 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Think we could get her to waltz over the Governor's mansion, if she's more akin to Godzilla? ;)

Comment by Raven
    02:02 30/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

I think that should be her first target, for sure!

Comment by Bayonette
    14:23 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Who cares about the scandals nor critics, I'm glad that Aya Hirano is back to voice acting!

Comment by cats2
    21:47 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

No woman can pull off short hair and flannel and come off as anything but "Bull dyke lesbian" even if they're notoriously slutty..

11:43 30/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Well the fanboys ape-shit over the seiyuu of their favorite virginal characters dating men, so maybe she's gonna give women a try.

Comment by Rico21
    15:44 29/10/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Finally, Aya is back!!!

12:30 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

hope it'll give a reason for yui's seiyuu to not give in to the pestering of those creeps who have been stalking her lately .

no matter what those creeps can say , she don't need their approval to do her job .

11:29 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

If she is a phoenix, here career dies, and from its ashes will birth a even greater career. And god damn it took a long time, them haters better stfu now, cuz they guys are a brain fuck

13:53 29/10/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I think the hard-worker image suits her the best. This plain shirt, her serious look on the script make her multiple times cuter than in some random gravure.

Comment by caiooa