“My Trip On a Chinese Train”

my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-001.jpg

A Sankaku Complex reader back from a recent trip to China happened to have taken his own pictures of the wonderful world of Chinese trains, and is kind enough to share his pictures.

my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-002.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-003.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-004.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-005.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-006.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-007.jpg

The suspicious liquid dribbling onto the man’s head is described thusly:

“[It] is believe it or not fresh baby piss… kid dropped his pants and just pissed right beside the guy’s head…”

my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-008.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-009.jpg

Note the position of the young gentleman’s hand…

Unfortunately, the “super sketchy” nature of the trains prevented him taking more pictures – although he does not report seeing any pretty young ladies undressing, so perhaps this is for the best.

Omake:

my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-010.jpg
my-trip-on-a-chinese-train-011.jpg

More of the wonderful world of Chinese trains.

21:22 24/08/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

At least you don't see kids poo-
    Oh, nevermind.

Comment by Ota-Kool
    22:35 24/08/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

You might find one if you search your seat thoroughly.

04:33 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

That's no worse then when I worked at Target. ( a large department store chain in the US )

I witnessed a mother letting her son take a piss right in the middle of the automotive department, not too far from the back of the store.
    Upon noticing this I asked the mother what was going on.
    She replied her son had an "accident".

Yeah right. With his pants below his knees.
    I highly doubt that.

Some people. No class at all.

Race check on mother letting child piss on floor in Target; those couldn't possibly have been black people. I mean, there is just no way. They're just as civilized as anyone else.

13:59 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

The mother could have been white or black or Latina, who knows... but one thing's certain... that mother is straight ghetto for sure.

16:21 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yes, defend the status quo when it benefits you none at all. Big brother has you trained well.

16:27 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Target tends to aim for the upper-lower class "white trash" demographic. And by "white trash" I mean the people who act like they're hot shit because they live in a neighborhood one step above (and usually right next to) those on welfare and the like. They like to make retail employees miserable by acting like you should be honored that they chose to grace you with their presence, and are extraordinarily picky about buying anything, because they obviously deserve the best (of the same shit they sell cheaper at Walmart a neighborhood over).

I fucking hated working near these people. I was about to tell the next person to ask me to get "fresher" strawberries from the back when there were a hundred packs on the counter to go fuck yourself.

13:13 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

If you had even half a non-racist brain cell to rub together you'd realize there's a HIGH probability the kid and parent were both white, just going on population breakdown and demographics. Oh damn, does that spoil your White-Power agenda? My bad. But I hear the skinheads are recruiting...

Based on my personal experiences working at a retail store, blacks and hispanics bring more trouble than whites. Not to say white trash doesnt exist or highly intelligent and civilized blacks and hispanics but apparently not where I work.

Comment by Ota-Kool
    22:49 24/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

And if you don't find anything but you smell something bad on your seat in China train then use an UV Ray but make sure to use an umbrella to cover the train carriage lights.

10:59 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorry, but you use a UV Ray light on any surface in a public transit vehicle, and EVERYTHING will light up. Be it in China or elsewhere.

The seats for sure at least.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    20:56 24/08/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

China's overnight train: Beggar class.
    We provide fart alarms and nearby refreshments.

Comment by Gradius
    04:57 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Horrible, just horrible. 1000x worst than 3rd world!

09:20 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

that would be because the third world doesn't have commuter train networks

also China IS third world

09:54 17/12/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

China is neither a capitalist nation or part of NATO, therefore they fit the definition of 3rd world. You're confusing it with something else. 3rd world doesn't automatically imply under-development.

14:01 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

When you realize that China owns a very large portion of America's debt, you can't really say that China is a 3rd world nation and starting to become a superpower even by admission of some American and European politicians.

Comment by Lexi
    18:28 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Unless you actually know the definition of 3rd world nation. Then you can say that they are one.

Comment by Gitami
    04:15 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Well they at least use as much space as possible. Not the Nazi level stand-sleeping freight trains.

Comment by MK 7 DUDE
    22:29 24/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

AND NO explosions!.....probably...

Comment by Myballz
    23:32 24/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

They haven't copy the Micheal Bay explosion's yet.

Comment by Sujit Kumar
    00:22 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

*no guarantee for that.

Comment by Ota-Kool
    22:31 24/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Also free FUNERAL and GRAVE if you are UNFORTUNATE enough to be the one of their unlucky victim of Crash carriage accident.LOL

03:00 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"Beggar Class" is more accurate than you think. The only people who would take those long distance trains are migrant workers and college kids - aka, those who can't afford plane tickets. That's what happens when you cram poor bums into a train car for up to a week.

It makes you wonder about the financial conditions of this "Sankaku Complex reader."

07:38 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

In contrast, I was In Beijing recently and the subway was relatively clean. Not as spotless as Japan, but not nearly as bad as the rural or intercity trains.

Comment by konakona
    01:11 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

As well as on board live entertainment.

02:25 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

hahah "Beggar class"..

22:32 24/08/2011 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

lol u guys are fking idiots.
    the trains i rode on Hong Kong pwns any other train i rode in canada or US.

u cant just post pics of transit in the crappiest towns and generalize it the country with the most population

Comment by bakaru
    23:14 24/08/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

to the guy mentioning the HK trains, there's a big fucking difference between HK and china so don't open your mouth if you haven't experienced one in china yet, kthxbye

22:41 24/08/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

It's true that slagging on China is the game around here, but using Hong Kong as an example of the standard of Chinese technology is laughable.

Hong Kong is nothing like the mainland. Go across the border next time...you'll find out for yourself.

Comment by Kinny Riddle
    23:37 24/08/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

True that, like I said, for all intents and purposes, Hong Kong is to be treated as a different "country" in all but name.

Even Hongkongers and Singaporeans can't stand these "unrefined" mainlanders splashing their cash around arrogantly. And these are supposed to be "fellow Chinese brethren", that alone speaks for itself.

Comment by Icefox
    07:13 25/08/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

To Anon 06:29. If Southern USA was officially controlled by say Canada for 50 years and was actually occupied by them for a majority of 150 years only to be returned to America in the last 15 years to be run as a near autonomous state for the next 50 years and its denizens are considered American then yeah you can consider Hong Kong to be part of China.

Roundabout way to say that citizens of Hong Kong can't entirely be considered citizens of China. Heck Hong Kong citizens even have their own Hong Kong passports.

03:27 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Mainlanders are savages. Honestly, any place that wasn't heavily occupied by Europeans in the past half-century is barbaric. Colonialism sucks, but at least the colonists were more civilized than the actual inhabitants.

00:44 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Yeah, I whole-heartedly agree. Hong Kong is a far cry from what the mainland is. I took a trip to both places (HK one year, then the mainland the next) and it seemed worlds apart. HK was a nice place since they had cleaning crews out 24/7 and had a police officer or two patrolling around. China, on the other hand, seemed like a large-scale version of my high school's bathroom and locker room. I even got food poisoning there (which was probably inevitable since I had the "local food").

09:31 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

So, Anonymous 07:51, I guess all Americans, me included, look like John Wayne. Too bad I can't show you my "boots" right now.

05:16 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

real talk bro..

the way us HK'ers refer to them almost always separately as "mainlanders" really says it all..

I must say I am always amazed at the way they pull money out their ass to spend on all this designer bags and such...

07:46 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Hong Kong is a city state. They represented themselves at the last Olympics for fuck's sake... They are not the same as your average Chinese citizen.

09:26 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I was born in Hong Kong, and yes, I would call myself Chinese (to be honest though, I like calling myself Cantonese unless the person I'm talking to want to be more general), but no, I will never say I am from China because there's a big difference even if HK belongs to China now. >_>

Meh. "Mainlander", Hong Konger - they're both Japs, right? Don't all orientals look/act the same?

Hong Kong, China - is there a difference? I thought Hong Kong was part of China? I mean aren't people from Hong Kong just Chinese?

No matter how trailer trash people from the south of the U.S. are, they're still American. I can't arbitrarily make them NOT American just because.

So like it or not, deal with it - mainlanders, Hong Kongese, whatever - you're all Chinese! At least we don't just all call you Japanese or gooks.

Hong Kong started as a small fishing village, taken over by British for use as port. There's no real cultural difference between it and rest of Canton.

Hong Kong subway is in better condition than New York, but worse than Beijing. It's relatively well maintained and ran, partly because its a much smaller system than either.

Chinese subway and commuter bullet trains are, as a whole, cleaner than metro elsewhere. But the long distance trains that migrant workers and collage kids take to and from home can be horrible. The sleeper cars are much worse than booth cars shown in those pictures. They're sparkling clean on boarding, but look like dorm rooms upon reaching destination 3 or 4 days later.

22:38 24/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Not sure what sort of trains you mean by HK /US /Canada - subway sort of trains systems maybe?

If that's the case Singapore's MRT trains are one of the cleanest / neatest out there in the world I think.

And even the longer distance Singapore to Malaysia (KTM) trains are also pretty decent.

@Anon 23:06
    God darn true, and not forget to mention it's tightly packed that you can smell nasty stuff coming from the guy's armpit standing next to you.

unfortunately, singapore's mass rapid transport system is packed with china filth.

16:13 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Probably a troll but I'll bite: There's a reason people in Hong Kong say 'mainlanders' with a tinge of disgust. Now you know why.

Comment by ryusoma
    10:23 26/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Derp.

I've been on both (China, thankfully very briefly) and there is NO COMPARISON. Hong Kong public transit still maintains a parity with Western standards (Mind The Gap lol). It was very obvious they hate mainlanders and their attitude as well.

Getting on (AND OFF) a subway train at rush hour, you could clearly tell the difference - HK residents queue politely, mainlanders simply shove in and fuck you if you're in their way.

Comment by George
    23:45 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hong Kong metro is dirtier than Beijing subway though. I rode both recently.

Comment by Erranty
    02:07 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Trolling?

00:54 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

like most of the things made in china: quantity

Comment by Lunatique
    23:44 24/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wait we have to pay for THIS?

23:54 24/08/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

You expect me to PAY to ride on this filthy machine? Have you the BRAIN WORMS!?!?! --Invader Zim

03:15 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it was a 13 hour ride, cost 250 rmb, Nan Jing to Xi An... was such a rough ride....

Comment by The Scarlet Devil
    02:28 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Voted up for the Invader Zim reference.

01:41 26/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I forgot for a minute that Sankaku's primary audience was twelve year olds. Then when I remembered, the Invader Zim reference and subsequent upvotes made perfect sense.

Comment by SaltyPenguin
    01:36 25/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

+1 for the Invader Zim reference.