Facebook on Japan’s World Cup Victory

american-facebook-on-japan-world-cup-victory-001.jpg

Americans have been using Facebook to congratulate Japan on their recent World Cup victory with their usual sportsmanship and good grace.

The Facebook reaction:

american-facebook-on-japan-world-cup-victory-022.jpg
american-facebook-on-japan-world-cup-victory-023.jpg
american-facebook-on-japan-world-cup-victory-024.jpg
american-facebook-on-japan-world-cup-victory-025.jpg
american-facebook-on-japan-world-cup-victory-026.jpg

1,118 Comments
    18:18 19/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Oh so much butthurt lol

THEIR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS

07:08 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I find it really sad that the only thing the typical American can find spiteful about Japan is Pearl Harbour.

A military attack on a military location, which surely has been avenged via indiscriminatory firebombing attacks on Japanese civilians.

08:08 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

This goes to show how many dumbasses of the world tend to be united on stupid shit. Chicks won a ball kicking game and they all screech like little bitches, It's embarrassing to witness.
    Fuck this Pearl Harbor metaphors, it only shows me how retarded the American public schools are when they teach history with power points and colorful pictures instead of words!

19:59 20/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Agreed.
    and don't even blame america every country has raging idiots and make themselves and their country look disgraceful. some idiots just shine more then others.

22:25 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well, that IS how history is taught in various countries. They outshine the "glorious" parts and muffle up the "bad" parts; sometimes they even pretend it never happened.

Lol, I remember my friend going "wtf" when they went muffled up the Vietnam war in history class by only briefly mentioning it on like 1 page in the history textbook. It was like "yeah...vietnam.....we went there on vacation" >.>

Comment by Chlose
    16:53 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yes, they dont teach anyone about the firebombings on the civilian areas in japan after that. Oh did i mention it was civilian areas?

11:06 17/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Heh well it was a combo of idiots, as someone who did pay attention public schools in US were shit.

09:03 22/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh, idiots were and are (and will be) everywhere, too bad now they have internet to share their idiocy with others.

15:27 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't blame the American public schools.

These were obviously idiots that never paid attention in class anyways and spent all their time obsessing over varsity letterman jackets and ESPN.

These weren't the creme de la creme of any public school system.

08:19 20/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

pretty pathetic if you ask me that any time an american is frustrated with japan they go back to pearl harbor, it was a military location and the death toll was only in the thousands, america retaliated with hiroshima which is in the hundred-thousands and affected civilians more than military, yet americans seem to think pearl harbor was so much worse...

Comment by Mauvais
    13:29 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

On behalf of every American with at least half a brain, I would like to apologize for these people's behavior. This is disgraceful, and I am more proud than ever that I have nothing to do with Facebook.
    Seriously, guys - Pearl Harbor was 70 years ago, and we wiped out their fleet for it. Then we attacked their homeland (more than one military base). Finally, we bombed them, twice, with weapons so horrible they haven't been used ever since.

It's just a game, anyway.

Comment by HouseLife
    11:01 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who mentions Pearl Harbor as some retort against Japan instantaneously proved how unconscious and stupid they are.

Frankly I'm glad for the Pearl Harbor repetition, because it acts as a beacon for detecting stupid people. Would make life so much easier if people like that could walk around wearing an "I'm with stupid" T-shirt with the arrow pointing up.

Comment by Reaver21
    10:03 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Dear World,
    As an American I would like to personally say, PLEASE SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THIS GODDAMNED COUNTRY.

12:04 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The Americans think they are simply too strong to an extent that they think that they are untouchable. Even after 9:11 they don't get the lesson.

Comment by Yamato
    04:12 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it's sad that, with people all over the world fretting over nuclear warfare, a lot of them don't seem to realize that Japan was the only one in all of history to actually have firsthand experience of that shit. So apparently, when one country launches a missile at another, that's gonna be the apocalypse, and yet a country that already went through such an apocalypse apparently hasn't suffered enough. Nope, they're still asking for it after those 3000 casualties (no more than 100 of which were civilians) that they inflicted 70 years ago.

17:29 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Reaver21

come to us here in germany.. people who speak german cant be bad ey? SAUERKRAUT! BRATWURST! AUTOBAHN! Man i love my language. xD

Comment by HouseLife
    19:11 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon 17:29

I've never understood why German singing only sounds halfway decent to me with its techno rap. I haven't heard any other lyrical song in German that works for me. German has too many harsh 'angles' in its speech to sound romantic or smooth. Too many harsh stops in the words. I've tried to see if it's because of my American recognition of speech patterns, but I love Russian, Japanese, Indian, French, and even some Hispanic songs (even if their romance songs all sound trashy and it's like sacrilege if any Spanish song doesn't contain the word 'amor' or 'corazon'). Actually I've heard multiple songs from multiple cultures and have found something I like in various genre, but with Germany, they can only seem to do techno.

Granted, German techno is among the best, but still, it's surprised me. I'd love to hear a German song that can prove me wrong, honestly, because I have yet to hear one.

20:01 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@anon 12:20 im glad you think the same as me

10:12 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

harharhar XD

10:48 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude, get married to some Euro/Asian chick, abandon your doomed country ^^

12:20 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

These people really are dumbasses! I find it funny that we are lumping in a whole nation for what 20-30 people are saying, but i guess that's how it goes :(

20:16 19/02/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

skinhead idiots aren't typical !

03:12 23/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

And then ignore all the war crimes committed by the Japanese.
    Oh well, the guys in power back then ignored it too in favor of receiving the medical information they had gathered in their research.

11:44 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't forget the Nukes that leveled TWO cities...

16:24 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

But these aren't typical Americans. These are the bottom feeding vermin at the bottom rung of our society.

20:00 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

thank you for pointing that out! :D

It's only because of that crappy Michael Bay film of the same name. The movie wasn't even accurate, and most critics panned it for being garbage, but it made hundreds of millions of dollars anyway.

Most of the "Americans on Facebook" depicted here look like teenagers, so probably most of what they know about Pearl Harbor came from the same guy who brought us classics like Bad Boys II and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. :\

11:58 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yep the same retarded Facebook generation that seems to forgot that without Japan ,the so called modern society wouldn't exist.
    Save Darfur MY ASS!!!Racist Americans are really a bunch of coward hypocrites.Try say something Like the N word real loud in Harlem and see what kind reaction that they get instead yappin on Facebook about the far away Japan.

Comment by owi2000
    06:31 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I had to LOL at the last one... picture of a guy holding a "Save Darfur" sign while advocating destroying Japan.

Oh the hypocrisy! XD

10:34 22/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

They are all, sick stupid fuck-tards.

And some wonder why the USA is a stupid country?

00:38 13/08/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'm a Canadian and believe me I hate the US as much as everyone else in the world but at leased everyone else doesn't always get mistaken for one. I hope a all the retarded Americans get whats coming to them.

06:52 12/12/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

It just cracks me up that one guy says "finally got what was coming-- a tsunami". What were the two nukes the US dropped on 'em? Shits and giggles? Sorry gents, that debt was settled a long time ago. If anyone has the right to complain of tipped tables, it's the Japanese-- but I don't see THEM taking to the interwebs with the hate.

As it is, Japan shoved the US, the US shoved back. Then the US took a bat to Japan's knees. Then the US ran over Japan in a red, white, and blue Ford truck. Then backed up over them, got out, and pissed on them.

God forbid we forget that Japan is to this day the ONLY country to be hit by nuclear ordinance. Nevermind once, but TWICE.

Yeah, sorry. Not buying it. Japan doesn't owe the US jack shit at this point.

22:09 12/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I am a Canadian too and i do share the same opinions of my Canadian countryman above. Seriously, how can an American say comments like this and still live with himself? You can dis other countries but you should look at your own people first and see all the atrocities your country has done to the rest of the world...

11:07 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

this is fuckin sad man... talk about sports nuts -.-

Comment by Aqualung25
    18:46 20/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I apologize for America....a lot of us are really fucking stupid. I'm pretty embarrassed :(

01:30 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

My guess is many of these unsportsmanlike Americans are Walmartians!

10:00 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

They should of got angry english sports style!

1: Get drunk
    2: Deck the first asian you see
    3: cry...

15:22 23/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i dont want to live here anymore

14:37 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

More like this sport got them by the nuts. If people are so trolled by a win than all be damned if someone doesn't make a nazi find the cure for cancer~

Comment by erochichi
    07:11 21/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

I do not wonder anymore why America spend so much on military. They fear and hate all other countries, even Japan, which has been their most trustworthy ally since early 50s.
    They accepted their defeat. Something muslim nations in war against America will never do, despite the inevitable.
    Still, i know there is good people in USA too.

Comment by konakona
    05:37 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

being a American i am ashamed to see this and these people are awful for saying these things its just a soccer game and people freak out and say these things im just shocked ...... alot of these people look like collage kids feeding from their mommy and daddy's credit card they need to shut the hell up before they get hurt and stop bringing past forgiven event's into account from something that happened 80+ years ago and was long settled

and hoping a tsunami hits ?? REALLY? well i hope someone cuts your access to your mommy and daddy's credit card you fucks would be lost then

Comment by Zet@
    16:45 10/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

We're just glad you're not one of them :)

02:02 13/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Look how they reacted to the Hunger Games when they discovered one of the characters was black instead of their "white" snow-flake princess.

Shameless people in this country

Comment by CowExtract
    09:43 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I usually just roll my eyeballs at this sort of thing, but this time actually kind pissed me off a bit. That said, don't worry Japan. America is full of dumbasses, and as insignificant as I may seem, I still like ya'!

Comment by Zanosuke_Kurosaki
    07:14 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

This "butthurt" smells manufactured, especially since some of the comments are suspiciously similar.

Also, who here uses Facebook? So someone answer me this, please: Since when does it use those little pink and blue "gender" symbols? Because I'm looking at mine right now and not seeing a one of them. Anyone else thinking something smells fishy here?

Comment by Makoto
    11:18 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's a site called youropenbook where you can search the statuses from public Facebook profiles by keyword or gender. These are real FB statuses.

00:44 21/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It could some random chat page, but I only use facebook to check my friends, so I'm positive at all.

08:24 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey you're right! IT'S A TRAP!

09:30 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah....
    Though this is fake, you can believe that there are people thinking this...

Comment by CowExtract
    09:48 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah... I noticed that as well. Doesn't look like my Facebook page. Perhaps they're using "Farcebook"?

11:01 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

So are you saying this isn't facebook?

12:33 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It's your openbook.org, you can search for specific words on people status on Facebook, actually I did a search and there's also a lot of people calling out those stupid fuckers
    http://youropenbook.org/?q=japan+tsunami+pearl&gender=any [http://youropenbook.org/?q=japan tsunami pearl&gender=any]

I have to agree with you there. I smell a trap...

Comment by emiruxx
    16:33 20/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

These people are disgusting. They are the worst kind of person and say such nasty things over something so silly.

If they were capable of feeling it... shame on them.