kana-by-haruyama.jpg

Legendary production controversy anime Minami-ke is apparently finally due a second season, much to the delight and scepticism of fans.

The announcement states a new project is in progress, with a formal announcement in the autumn:

minamike-season-2-hint.jpg

Debate rages online as to whether this is a second or fourth season:

“So it’s getting a second season?”

“There was one. Face reality!”

“Is this even true?”

“Kana’s seiyuu tweeted about some ‘happy news’ coming, so presumably that was the 4th season.”

“There’s already a second season, you old fart.”

“There is a second season. This will be the third.”

“Strictly speaking there are now 4 seasons, though amongst fans this is another issue entirely.”

“At least recognise ‘Okaeri’!”

“So the second season is finally coming?”

“Give it a rest!”

“The first was good, the second and third were rubbish.”

“There was no second season!”

Comment by AnarchystBR
    22:47 16/07/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Glorious Bossu pantyshot

23:49 16/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Something that appears when you sit down but disappears when you stand up...

01:24 17/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

If I'm a Decepticon, I'll be pleased to scan and reformat myself as a chair or as floor tiles and continue slacking in a classroom filled with schoolgirls. (Cute ones, of course)

Comment by John Hayabusa
    23:40 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Oh you got to love Haruyama's pantsu-showing artworks.

03:59 17/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Haruyama: A true Rule 34 Master.

Give him any anime with cute or decent looking girls from any era. He'll pick any scene from the show and turn it a into panchira masterpiece.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    23:15 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It's especially funny with Haruyama since he does panty shots of totally non-sexual, non-genitalia-wielding cartoon characters and even American cartoon characters.

22:50 16/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

There has been only one season of Minami-Ke.

23:48 16/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.5)

Finally a second season!

Comment by jellayrei
    00:29 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

at first I didn't get it but now, I see, I see what you did there XD

00:39 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT>? haha

03:34 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

there is minami-ke,

minami-ke okawari,

and minami-ke okaeri ...

(and even minami-ke betsubara.... )

the graphical style change for each one, how can those 3 can be only one season ?

06:21 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

1st season was brilliant.
    the bits were nearly verbatim to the manga, with some nice angle shots and animations. extras like screaming the manga title every skit and sensei & ninomiya-kun made it even funnier.

2nd season was atrocious.
    they did nothing close to the manga. i think they did one chapter vaguely. scenes were very serene and dark, it did not match very well with kana's energy. they threw in a random boy who eventually left at the end of the season. should've killed him off.

3rd season was an attempt at 1st season's style with 2nd season's studio. stories were verbatim to the manga but still something was missing.

I hope they bring back season 1's studio.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    23:20 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I thought second season was tolerable because at least it remained a comedy. The third season was just very, very dour including one of the most dour secondary characters ever, Fuyuki.

Also, the reason why the seasons felt off was because the director changed and so was the animation staff. The first season had everything going right and it had a veteran director who knows how to do comedy.

03:07 18/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

first season is best for sure, but i got the feeling that the okawari was trying to follow, i have not read the manga, so i wasn't expecting anything precise , therefore i like :)

3rd doesn't meet so much expectations ..... but enjoyed anyway :p

05:11 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Because Im pretty sure they didn't follow the manga at all from what I remember? and asread just ruined it. Okawari and Okaeri are like Persona Trinity Soul. They don't exist. Period. I do hope StarChild/Duame or someone not asread and reliable is doing it.

12:27 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

were thay that bad, its been a while sense i watched it, i dont remember them being tsukahime levels of it never existed.

Comment by paukkuii
    05:53 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

That's like saying original FMA anime didn't exist just because it deviated from the manga.

07:16 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

But that was actually decent while Okawari and Okaeri was FUBAR.

Comment by cats2
    01:17 17/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

SHIT! This is going to make me youtube the "curry song" and now I'll never get it out of my head AGAIN!!

Imasara garamumasara.....ugh, NOOOOO!!

23:35 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

finally,
    i started to suffer from teardrop-mouths-and-leaf-shaped-ahoge withdrawal

can't wait

Comment by Satonaka
    01:19 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I knew dropping it mid third season was a sign. I didn't realize it at the time but what I DID notice was that I really enjohyed the first season where I just couldn't wait for the next episode to come out... barely managing to finish the second season, feeling as if I kinda fought my way towards finishing it not being as enjoyable... and as for the third season dropping it somewhere right after the pool episode...

Would be nice to see what hooked me in the first season return... also go back to season 1's art style, 2's and 3's failed... badly...

Comment by Sajina
    05:06 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

2ed Season's Art was nice. The "Black"-People in the Background were the problem in my eyes. If the "Black"-People wasn't in the 2ed Season it would be the best one so far.

01:45 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Next time on Sankakucomplex:

Tsukihime "Will Get Anime Adaption"

06:00 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Please, man... Don't give this motherfucker any ideas. And if you do, don't fall for them. :P

they already made an anime of it.

Comment by Anyad Apad
    01:17 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ups, I forgot to log in. So:

I'm a little confused:

* Minami-ke [13 episodes) - 08.10.2007 till 31.12.2007
    * Minami-ke Okawari (13 episodes) - 07.01.2008 till 31.03.2008
    * Minami-ke Okaeri (13 episodes) - 05.01.2009 till 30.03.2009
    * Minami-ke Betsubara (OVA, 1 episode) - 23.06.2009

10:31 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

there were 3 seasons. People are denying the existence of the 2nd and 3rd season, much like people do with Star Wars(caugh* episode 1 *caugh*)

Comment by RaspberryKisses
    00:40 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

well i love Minami-ke but fail to see why this is second season. second and third seasons may be not as good as first but still enjoyable to watch.

03:41 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I was so sad that it ended with the first season.

Great news.

04:19 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I frankly don't give a shit, as long as the quality remains as good as the 1st or 3rd seasons. More Minami-ke is always a good thing.

06:04 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"They can only call it a second season if the studio working on it is the one that worked on the first."

What the hell are you talkin about, you nut?!

Comment by Sajina
    05:11 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

As you don't include the 2ed season. What was so bad about it? The storys were as good as the storys of the 1st and 3rd seasons. It just had a bit more fanservice.

Comment by Roy
    03:17 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

First season was SOOOOOOO Awesome~

Talk about FUNNY~~!

triti

01:20 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't really care if this is the first, the second, the omega, or whatever. Just bring me more Uchida.

02:33 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"I don't really care if this is the first, the second, the omega, or whatever. Just bring me more Mako-chan."

FTFY

Comment by Dia
    01:39 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm glad I don't notice things like drop in animation quality.

18:38 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i wasn't really that bothered by it either.
    lucky us that we could enjoy something other people can only whine about i guess

Comment by Firetribe
    03:23 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Now I have an excuse to watch the first 3 seasons..or one?

Comment by Techeese
    18:35 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

2nd season animation was fail
    3rd season animation was fail disguise with fanservice(some of it)
    OVA was still fail

It's hard to tell what might be the outcome of this new season...
    but expect Trap and Hosaka lulz

Comment by JD
    14:33 19/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf, it IS the fourth season, and I hope it is as good as the 2nd and 3rd

Comment by Jürgen
    09:05 19/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't wait to see Hosaka and all his manliness.

17:53 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It's like with the Tsukihime anime (just kidding, there's no Tsukihime anime).

09:35 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Super Minami-ke 2 turbo X ???

Comment by Garyuu
    00:43 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I haven't gotten down to watched the series, but this doesn't make sense. On many sites the sequels are liked just as much as the first. Are all the haters subconsciously drawn to this site?

06:11 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

You're forgetting this is Sankaku Complex, a site run by a 5 year old attempting to act like he's an almighty figure in the anime fandom.

Comment by Kudi
    00:50 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

What fucking sites are these? Sites where people have shit taste, obviously.

01:04 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

the only person with shit taste here is you

Comment by Garyuu
    03:36 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Anime News Network, Anime Planet, My Anime List... Actual popular websites, where thousands of people have rated. Okay, so the second and third seasons got a little lower scores, but a difference of 1/2 a point doesn't make something bad.

Comment by Kudi
    05:30 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

So I was right. They were liked on sites where people have shit taste.

Comment by Holy One
    23:38 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Minami-ke
    Minami-ke Okawari
    Minami-ke Okaeri
    Minami-ke Betsubara (OVA)

Now they're telling us there'll be second season? O_o What's going on?

08:22 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Okawari and Okaeri? what's that?

[Jedi Mind Trick]
    Okawari and Okaeri never existed.
    [/Jedi Mind Trick]