Berserk Trilogy Trailer Unveiled

• Categories: Uncategorized
  • Date: Jul 15, 2011 16:30 JST

berserk-movie-trilogy-1.jpg

berserk-movie-trilogy-2.jpg

berserk-movie-trilogy-3.jpg

berserk-movie-trilogy-4.jpg

The upcoming movie adaptation of ultimate dark fantasy manga Berserk was recently confirmed as being comprised of a trilogy covering the manga’s “golden age” section, and the first trailer has also been released.

The trailer:

The first movie is to be released to cinemas in January of 2012.

Berserk mangaka Kentaro Miura even tore himself away from his Xbox 360 for long enough to comment:

I never expected to be blessed with another chance at a video adaptation. The old anime version of Berserk was where we received our first widespread recognition. 14 years on, I think the new movie will be greeted as a perfection of that vision by fans and movie watchers alike.

14 years ago my skills were crude, and I was franticly working to keep the serialisation going (don’t say anything!). Added to that, back then Japan had no Amazon and hardly any Internet – for a rookie mangaka there was virtually no way to get details on medieval armour and history. I used my “Excalibur” movie pamphlet until it was ragged.

Times have moved on – now we are in the information age, and we have CG as well! I’m confident that this time around the movie will attain levels of visual accomplishment I could never have achieved back then.

Expect a quality Hollywood remake sometime in the next decade…

16:58 15/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

will it keep all the rape intact? its pivotal to the story.

19:07 15/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

it's WB, the only things that are going to get raped are the movies themselves

Comment by Kudryavka
    18:28 15/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Yes yes, it looks like they've done a good job on the animation... but aren't trailers there to show us the 'exciting' parts of something?

Well, if so, then the big question here is: Is it going to be executed well?

I don't want to bring up my hopes only to have it crushed. ;w;

23:25 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it looks awesome, a really good job, who knows maybe the burst of the moe bubble has been good, because i have started to see interesting anime again, not to mention great animation.

17:29 15/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I hope somehow Hirasawa Susumu does the music for the movies as well. The original Berserk soundtrack was fantastic.

23:31 15/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I have to agree, despite the characters and the story being really good, the soundtrack made it perfect, lets hope they don't screw it up.

11:52 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

They will. Who needs a good soundtrack when you have CG now..

Comment by TheBeast
    21:22 15/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

with how slow the manga is progressing, this seems like their only option. 6 years and they still won't hit the stuff where they are looking for pucks homeland.

07:48 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Which chapter is on manga when anime ended?

04:10 20/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

The anime ended on book 13... they are about to release book 35. So there is a lot of the story u are missin

Comment by Kudryavka
    18:34 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Good day to you, anon. It seems to me that your wish has been granted.

I have just looked at ANN for this, but I have no other sources to confirm with you yet, unfortunately.

Anyhow, here it is: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12397

Comment by lovetraps
    20:23 15/07/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

finally some manly animation

16:28 18/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Griffith looks like a fricking girl. He was only fabulous in the manga.

Comment by kazaza2
    23:42 15/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Manly tears are being shed in anticipation.

I hope this is one of many movies covering all the arcs.

Kentaro Miura might have even completed the manga by the time they catch up. (we hope!).

Comment by TheBeast
    20:01 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it looks like a retelling of the first berserk story, condensed into a movie. i heard it's supposed to follow the manga better and include the things the anime left out. i think the first will be a bust, but if they do the second and third, it'll be good.

01:09 16/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I'd love to see this animated, but all this cg doesn't sit well with me. It seems like the exact opposite of Miura's fantasically gritty inking style. = \

Comment by Nowak
    16:49 15/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

BERSERK HELLL YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18:02 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

maybe I should start on this series.It seems good.

18:39 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

In youtube there one video with subtitles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g i dont found any fullHD

09:15 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wow... they've turned Caska white...

16:51 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I just can't get used to seeing the WB in front of an anime trailer and not immediately go "aww, shit :["

Comment by cats2
    17:26 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

While I'm looking forward to it, I'm still kind of "urked" at how far back it's going.

Guess we won't have to worry about the god damn boat or the god damn witch and her magic gear though..

Still, does anyone actually expect the troll rape, church torture, or explicit goat orgy? Much less the horse rape, heh..

17:13 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Sadly, it looks like shit. Poor manga, it will never get the anime it deserves.

Comment by Imyou
    01:27 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope the third movie starts no earlier than the original animation ended. I waited for the whole series to see it get there, and just as it picked up, it ended.

08:41 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I AM SO HAPPY ^__^
    Ya I agree leave berserk for us grown ups haters gonna hate

08:48 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it looks like shit. damned CG ruined it.

08:34 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait, so they are finally animating... the arc that they ALREADY animated?...

yay...

Comment by Aardbark
    16:37 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

My question is, will the story go beond where the anime stopped. I want to know the rest of the story in anime form.

16:49 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I want sabers and cutlasses and broadswords oh my!!

16:50 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

lots and lots of sabers
    naked sabers gleaming in the sunlight
    raindrops tracing its delicate features

Comment by S|e|7|e|N
    17:09 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Those Sabers could meet my Dragon slayer...

Comment by LanSlyde
    03:34 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I will admit right now. Tears of joy began welling up when I started watching the trailer. Jesus, Budda, Zeus! I beseech you! Do not let this end badly. I want to the this succeed.

That is all. Now let the powers that be work their magic.

Comment by Demi-Rebel 72
    04:46 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It's gonna be hot! Berserk FTW motherfuckers!

05:45 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

call me crazy, but i don't think hollywood could fuck up a live action version.

all they need is over the top violence, a non whiny main character (he is wielding a claymore i believe, you cant wield that without looking like you you aren't whinny) and depending on what they put in the movie, taking a more first anime approach, or a more manga based, they may not even have to deal with the over the top monsters.

here picture this, a 3 hour movie, the first 5 minutes of it is like a fast paced episode 1, really only there to show you where he came from and what hes capable of. it cuts away to show his past. the first anime was able to show every major point, take out its filler and make it a bit faster paced, and you got a good 3-4 hour movie, with the last 30 minutes being that eclipse shit.

from there on, you have movies that span every major part of the manga.

i think it would be hard to fuck the adaptation up.

Comment by pantsu
    10:09 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Thanks anon, Berserk to me is the one manga that surpassed the genre and reaches out to the non-manga reading public. Berserk is manga's answer to the Super Bowl. Looking forward to the Hollywood remake.

08:29 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

14 years ago the story was interesting.

18:15 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

This looks amazing but whats with all the CG? Kind of hoping it won't kill it.

01:14 18/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

am a bit more afraid that it comes out in 2012

22:58 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Wonder if we'll get to see the berzerk armor animated at some point... more epic than epic itself, that.

08:56 19/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Gave me the fucking chills.

09:42 17/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Way too much computer if you ask me... why do even the movies with high budgets nowadays tend to have that many CG-effects built in? The manga is of such high quality and detailed like hell but this is just cheap like the Fate/Stay Night movie that came out this year.
    Even the regular movements of the characters seem way too fluctional and thus reek of heavy computer usage,too. Where are the 80's and 90's where the animation was good enough while mainly painted by hand?

19:20 29/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it's fate/stay night. What would you expect on that garbage.

This is bagserk and hell would they pour time on this.

19:21 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

>The first movie is to be released to cinemas in January of 2012.

HELL YEAH!!

>Expect a quality Hollywood remake sometime in the next decade…

HEAVENS NO!!!!!

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    17:07 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Adult attack! Adult attack! ...will it get animated!?

13:25 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I seriously seriously have just shitted all over myself, and drenched my entire room. INCREDIBLE

Also I too hope whilst I am struggling in this ocean of poo caused by explosion of awesomeness that Hirasawa Susumu is doin the sound track again :P

00:54 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Please don't fuck this up.
    Please don't fuck this up.
    Please don't fuck this up.
    Please don't fuck this up.

Berserk in the one show that annoys the fuck out of me, because it's such a mega fantastic show, but it ended precisely when the true revenge story that carries it was beginning!!!

I simply have no interest in manga, so i never knew what happened afterwards.

Lets see if these movies will correct such a ridiculous ending, or start depending on the point of view.

19:25 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

HER SKIN IS LIGHT NOW! WTF JAPAN!

Fuck Berserk. Make her dark skin again dammit

21:43 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

WTF are you talking about? She's olive skinned as always.

19:21 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

would so get this on blu-ray if it has english subs

Comment by draguer
    17:16 15/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Delayed because the author is playing idolmaster bwahahahaha...

21:52 15/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Now he's watching Idolmaster, the Anime, he'll never get thing done at this rate...

Can someone kidnap Kentaro Miura and fly him to a German castle, one with preferably a large collection of swords, maces, hammers and polearms, with armor for a few months???