Hayate Yagami Bikini Figure

mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-strikers-hayate-yagami-bikini-figure-by-gift-001.jpg

Lyrical Nanoha StrikerSHayate Yagami is here wearing her rather minimalist shima-bikini in this shapely figure by Gift, due in November 2011.

mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-strikers-hayate-yagami-bikini-figure-by-gift-002.jpg
mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-strikers-hayate-yagami-bikini-figure-by-gift-003.jpg
mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-strikers-hayate-yagami-bikini-figure-by-gift-004.jpg
mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-strikers-hayate-yagami-bikini-figure-by-gift-005.jpg

Bikini Hayate is available for pre-orders now.

Comment by brek_kreb
    10:30 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

WHY.. why did I think it was Pico?

Goddamn it, I have to rewatch all of Nanoha.

09:55 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Man I want this fig, as well as the Fate and Nanoha one, but one alone is 120-130€ with taxes in my country.

12:04 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

For a second there, I thought it said "Light Yagami bikini figure." It didn't help that they both have the same colored hairstyle and that they look alike.

21:43 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I hear there's going to be a new season of that anime, where Light comes back. Only this time, he finds the "Breast Note". :3

17:53 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I don't think it's Gift.

It's Good Smile Company like the Nanoha & Fate Bikini figures.

Playasia and Hobby Search have a wrong manufacturer.

Comment by Pyrus
    16:26 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Barrier jackets aren't the only things standing up!

09:51 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Dear Hræsvelgr,

When will you visit me? I met my end here with a nosebleed.

Signed,
    Reader.

P.S. It wasn't because of Divine Buster

Comment by Phrantick
    08:37 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Striped panties/mizugi are always the best.
    I love this figure.

Comment by Spectre
    13:12 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh. My. God. Must... Have...

Comment by Actar
    09:18 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one in the world who prefers DFC... (when it comes to the Nanoha characters)

13:25 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I was already going to come in here and make some comment about granny figures, so make that three.

I can't stand anything past A's, so I've really been enjoying the flow of movie-related goods.

Comment by Pyrus
    16:41 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

In a sense, I don't see how StrikerS was any different than A's: 1-2 episodes of action interspersed with 1-2 episodes of dialogue, exposition, & build-up to the next 1-2 episodes of action & overwhelming firepower for the finish. And people retiring and/or relinquishing their positions at TSAB!

Comment by Pyrus
    19:17 08/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

What can one say? They apparently had only enough time & budget for 26 episodes & tried to be as grand-scale & expansive as they could get, but obviously it didn't work.
    If the main character's viewpoints on things seemed to change, consider that in the 1st season, they weren't part of the establishment & in the 2nd season, they were only starting to be groomed to become part of the establishment. By the 3rd season, years of training & indoctrination have now made them part of the establishment & they now have to balance doing what they feel is right with what they know is required of them, even when that means compromises have to be made regarding what they feel is the right thing to do: They're in the army, so to speak & militaries are a dictatorship wherein you do what you're told, the way you are told, when you are told, or else!
    As for limiters...The Nanoha triumvirate individually are more powerful than anyone else in TSAB. They may be more powerful than any 2 or 3 of TSAB's other top-tier powerhouses. Given that they're going to be so much more powerful than their superior officers, the limiters are just something to make sure that if they try to go rogue or even just behave mildly disobedient, the rest of TSAB might have a chance of dealing with them.
    And desk job duties come with officer commissions, there's little way around that, especially when you're put in charge of others and given investigative assignments, & in Hyate's case she seems to be the head of their little section officially & given command of a ship, so she has captain's duties on top of the desk job. She's got a lot of sitting down to do...

Comment by Actar
    17:34 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Seriously? (^.^;)

INCOMING RANT ALERT!!!

Other than the militaristic feel, the characterization mess ups, the lack of NanoFeiHaya action and the training, I think the series was just way, way too overambitious.

What do I mean? Well, to put it simply... Too. Many. Characters. I can't count the times where the billions of characters that were introduced and just weren't given enough screen time or development for us to sufficiently care for them.

In the same vein, they also tried to expand the series by introducing to us the entire magical universe which, I think, was again not very well done or given sufficient elaboration. I also didn't care much for many of the concepts that were introduced in the series. Cyborgs? Giant Mecha? Where'd that come from?

Finally, the fact that it wasn't set on earth also bothered me. One of the reasons that the original and A's was so good (to me), is that it was quite relateable. Being in a foreign magical world just came out of left field to me and I wasn't able to get attached to it due to the lack of development (as explained earlier).

I don't know why, but they really, really wanted to age the main characters a lot in this seires. They are only 19, but already take on so adult roles, have so adult personalities and Nanoha and Fate being mothers??? Really? That just blew my mind. The characters become completely unrelatable (to me). I'm an advocate of 'freedom' and I don't like seeing characters being tied down or restricted in one way or another. (LIMITERS!!! GAH!!!) I can understand that as they mature, they need to take on more responsibilty. But is is too much to ask to take it slowly? And not at the expense of character personality, development and screentime? Responsibility is one thing, held back is another.

Not to mention, what happened to all of Nanoha's friends and family? I don't' recall ever seeing them in the series.

I really hate to make this comparison, but do you know of the Ben 10 series? In the original, he was 10, not unlike Nanoha. Alien Force was a series set when Ben, the main hero, was a teenager, again, not unlike StrikerS. Usually, I hate series that significantly age characters but I didn't mind it at all with Alien Force. Why?

1. They followed the main characters.

2. Their personalities and characters remained the same (or at least similar) and you could believe that they were the same people and actually acted their age.

3. They didn't have any new main characters that stole the spotlight from the original.

4. They were still doing what they do best, fighting Aliens, on Earth. 5. Not to mention, they were also still in school and not holding unbearable admin positions.

As you can see, we have two very similar franchises, but I feel that Alien Force just handled the 'older characters' thing much better than StrikerS.

I guess what I really want to say is that if they really, really needed to have a third season, they should have continued it directly from A's when they were in high school. Familiar and established setting, characters and freedom from all that 'responsibility'.

Comment by Actar
    06:19 10/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Pyrus: Okay, I can accept that reasoning...

But honestly, this really doesn't make for good TV. All it truly serves to accomplish is to sideline the main trio in favor of the 'new generation' of characters which I, having followed the main trio for over two seasons, did not care for in the slightest.

Comment by VillainousHanacha
    06:09 07/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Another person who is not fond of the direction Nanoha took during StrikerS and beyond, here.

Although basically all of the reasons I dislike StrikerS has been already said by Actar and Anon 04:50. But I want to specify a few things.

One, Limiters. They don't make sense anyway you think about it. The reason in-universe of "to give the forewards and the less powerful members of the team a chance" is bullshit. As a military organization, Section 6's job (and the TSAB) is to solve the problems they are met with quickly and efficiently. SO, wouldn't it speed up the process to have your most powerful members go full power from the get-go? Wouldn't that be a lot better than the alternative of taking a series of very expensive losses? (as seen in StrikerS ep.16-17). And speaking of efficiency, it doesn't seem like a smart idea to have a Mage with more raw power than either Nanoha or Fate (*cough*Hayate*cough*) taking what is esentially an army desk job. Limiters as a writing tool is just a lazy ploy so you can have powerful characters loose battles, come back and them beat the same character that they should have been able to beat in the 1st place. In other words, it's also a filler tool. Power limiters can be used in a good way, but in the way they are used StrikerS makes no sense from a writing or in-universe perspective.

Another thing is as Anon 04:50 said is the complete change in the themes of the series. In Lyrical Nanoha and A's, the theme was that doing the right thing and doing the lawful thing are not always the same. In other words, doing the right thing means breaking the rules on occasion. Then all of a sudden in StrikerS, the act of doing the right thing and the act of being lawful are considered exactly one in the same. And because the previous mains now act according to that principle (even though they never did) that is why Nanoha, Fate and Hayate seem like different people. They follow this new message even though all of them were perfectly willing to break the rules if they felt it was for the greater good in the past seasons. Their overly lawful and "by the rules" natures in StrikerS are really jarring, and sometimes boarder on Lawful Stupid behavior as these new personas sometimes encroach on their common sense (though the biggest example of Lawful Stupid behavior was in Teana's arc in the 1st half of StrikerS).

There are other reasons, but these are the ones I feel needed the most focus.

But as for the figures themselves, they look quite well made, but I do prefer the cute and DFC versions of Nanoha, Fate and Hayate over their sexy adult versions.

04:50 07/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Moving the setting to Midchilda without actually making it a compelling one and adding a ton of characters with poorly proportioned focus (and completely removing previous ones) were definitely two big reasons it sucked, and continue to be reasons why Force sucks.

But don't forget the complete 180 on major themes like breaking the rules to do what you know is right in favor of "you have to follow the rules all the time so no one gets hurt." Or the poor treatment of the very thing that made the Nanoha series so unique in the first place - the perfect blend of magical girl and mecha. They removed all the magical girl elements and tried to make it some kind of SF affair, but the world is so shallow it ends up feeling like generic "girls with superpowers fighting each other."

I wanted to like StrikerS for a long time despite the changes, but it's just too much. I don't know how it's the most popular in Japan (possibly everywhere else too) except that people are only watching for the girls and think tits make for a better show.

21:19 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

So true.
    Oh, and don't forget the lame cliché evil characters of the 3rd season...

23:35 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I, for one stopped watching nanoha when it comes to strikers, gave up around episode 5 because of the character & plot.

09:47 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Make that two.

At least I still have eternal loli Vita to stick with :3

What the hell is wrong with you people? There's nothing D about FC, and you people seriously need to see a therapist.

08:17 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Dear me... this one dwarfs Wave's version like it's nothing. Gift's 37cm to Wave's 16cm...

Anyway... DAT CURVE.

Comment by ytdh
    Comment by HouseLife
    08:08 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Very nice. The pose seems much better from some angles than others, of course, but that's quite impressive. And the three together really makes me wish I could afford them...

09:36 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Last pic makes my right hand twitch

Comment by chihiro
    10:26 06/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Can them get while you get.