Police Storm Home in NEET Siege

neet-siege-1.jpg

neet-siege-2.jpg

A NEET and possible hikikomori who chased his mother out of a second floor window with a knife after she told him to “get a job or get out” holed himself up in his home, prompting police to storm the building. The entire event was caught on video.

The incident unfolded in a Sapporo home inhabited by a 66-year-old retiree and her unemployed 20-year-old son, when the pair began arguing over financial matters and the man’s joblessness.

The quarrel became heated, with the mother telling her son to “get out” and her son responding by holding her captive with a kitchen knife, forcing her to jump out of a second floor window in order to escape him, spraining her ankle in the process but otherwise escaping unharmed.

He proceeded to angrily berate police and bystanders from a window, throwing various objects including a flaming bottle out into the street in anger and “barricading” himself in.

After lengthy attempts to persuade him to surrender himself failed, police subsequently stormed the residence, throwing a flashbang into the building and quickly subduing the man without injury to officers or the suspect.

The man was charged with involuntarily confining his mother, charges he admits, saying he snapped when she told him to get out.

Seeing how tragically similar incidents have ended, his mother seems to have been lucky to escape with her life and home intact.

Comment by Holy One
    04:12 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

66 yo 2 floors down, only with an ankle injury.

Damn she rivals Jackie Chan.

04:17 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Maybe she does free running/parkour

04:18 26/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

That's not going to help unless it's a form of magic parkour that lets you ignore gravity.

05:11 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

i just cant wait to see how Ishihara uses this against the anime industry, you know its coming...

07:20 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

he will say they are Hikikkomori because they see anime and thats why he will ban all the anime and manga, that way there wont be anymore hikis

18:45 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually that guy is mentally ill. You don't play with a knife if front of that many people and you most certainly don't start laughing at the police after you throw stuff at them.

08:56 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

The problem is, that man is probably just crazy. Nothing to do with anime and manga.

I mean, look at his damn face!

05:52 24/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

moral of the story boys and gals:

Use a condom if you are having sex, so you jobless son won't throw you out of the window.

Comment by Dark Mage
    04:34 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

I think she shimmied down the gutter or the power conduit that is next to one of the windows.
    Still pretty agile for a 66 year old woman.

Comment by Holy One
    05:16 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

I can picture that. Lol.

Comment by DeliriousB
    06:03 24/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Mrs. Miyagi. :D

Comment by RakeStriver
    07:54 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

she obviously has the commando pro perk

Dorks, she ladded on roof car!

Yo faggot grow up then start talking around here nigga

06:08 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I am 22 and unemployed...that makes me a bigger loser (or older) than him but I don't chase my family with a knife.

Comment by Sylar
    20:58 17/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Whether you are a loser or not it depends. Do you live of others sweat? And if you do, to you do it because you are bored doing anything or because you have trouble finding a job?

Did your family kick your sorry ass out of the house yet?

18:48 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

they should have kicked him =) ban his sorry ass from home!

Comment by PbjZ
    03:50 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

66 year old with a 20 year old son, they have kids awfully late.

Comment by Surrender Monkey
    04:44 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I was thinking the same thing. Not something I'd personally want to experience.

Being a teenager with parents in their 30s or 40s
    has enough opportunity for conflict.

Add another 20 years or so? Yikes!!

Case in point.

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    03:55 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Having this much life experience, you'd expect the father to be a better par... oh wait that's Japan, dads are never home from their job when they're needed.

Also, nice afro.

Comment by kazaza2
    04:24 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Even if the parents were conscientious sometimes kids just turn out messed up. I've seen it with my own relatives.

Think it's an afro? I thought it was bed head.

05:12 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

guy: mom, do you want to be famous?
    mom: yeah
    guy: ok, lets act like im going to kill you!
    mom: cool

secrets revealed

09:51 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"Herp a derp, people in Japan work for a living."

Comment by Powerpuff Loli
    03:59 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

It's risky for women to have kids after 40. Often times, they are born with mental defects. This is one of those cases.

/Dr. Pepper.

Comment by WEL
    07:32 24/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I'm 24 and my mom's 69 and people are always asking if she's my grandma... @_@

05:52 25/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm 15 and my dad's 63...

18:44 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

still im happy that my mom is 41 and im 18 :)

18:43 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude is that your grandma?

10:27 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Could be a child of a second marriage. My mom didn't have kids of her own till second marriage. she's 63 I'm 26. Not so much a culture thing but a situational thing.

Comment by Gyzome
    03:49 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Second floor is quite high to only sprain an ankle, especially for a 66-year-old lady...

04:10 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

She must be a body builder.

Comment by kanbanmusume
    04:22 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Or a gymnast, I only hope I'm that spry when I'm an old lady!

05:17 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Believe it or not, 66 really isn't that old. People here in the US seem to age fairly poorly, largely due to poor diet and little exercise, but I expect that at 66 Japanese people are probably in significantly better condition, having grown up with post-war Japanese standard diet consisting largely of rice, and having participated in work-calisthenics during their careers.

On the other hand, when the young Japanese of today start hitting their sixties...

10:03 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

That's one tough mom indeed. With that strong legs, she should just Rider Kicked his son straight on the face.

10:49 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

But she still loved him enough to not want to kick his head off.

11:01 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Then she needs to take some notes from Takamichi Nanoha.

09:47 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It shows her jumping from the second floor in the 2nd video. The reason she got away with only a sprained ankle is because she landed on a car roof to cushion her fall.

18:42 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

actually I also sprained only my ankle when I fell of from the 2nd floor ... and no there wasn't any car there to cushion my fall. Still I'm 18 so I healed preety quickly :)

Comment by S|e|7|e|N
    05:08 24/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Silly NEET.
    If you stab your mom, who is going to cook for you?

15:06 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey could've pretended to look for a job for weeks or months - then manufacture 'reasons' why he should Stay Home. Or at the very least hold a job for a few weeks then got fired and blame the system.

Hell, even goto college and take classes just to look at the Girls - Anything to create the Illusion of being Motivated would've helped.....NOOOO, Idiot chose "Kitchen Knife?" - now he'll miss the summer anime season!

17:42 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Creating 'reasons' is a job and as we all know neet's don't do anything job-related.
    Going to college would require him to go outside and we all know, NEET's outside time limit is limited to approx how many steps it takes to go to the convenience store and back.

Creating illusions of being motivated would violate the code of the NEET!

comon think outside the box man!

19:52 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

The prison staff?

And when he gets out of prison after just a few years, he can start applying for welfare and continue to hikikomori for the rest of his life without having to work a single day.

Comment by Gogetters
    07:33 24/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I'll be 20 in a few months and I've never had a job. Lifes good! :D

09:38 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm 20 and I have started my first job 1 month ago, and really, is my school that want us to do it...

Being a leech isn't good. It's sad.

get a job seriously. Your parents probably won't tell you but they ARE dissapointed in you. I've been working since 16 part time and now i'm 18 and working full time, so you starting your work at 20 is just .. sad

You're the reason why contraceptives were invented.

04:12 24/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

This guy need a Morning Rescue. :3

04:30 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

iam a 20 year old neet but i dont pull kinfes on my mom she pulls them on me /crys

Comment by Barbarian of Gor
    07:14 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Frankly the "Get a Job" isn't working anymore, now that the Globalist Bankers are working towards total slavery of mankind. It used to be, yes, push him out he'd work to not starve and live indoors a tough but reasonable life lesson that would improve him, if by just a little.

Now he'd be homeless or in jail or both. They have illegals and enslaved foreign workers for the sh-t jobs and "Slave made goods fLom Amiable Venelable Cathay" for the sh-t boring ones.

When it comes down to it, "Welfare" is cheaper to society than Jail or Homelessness.

But the best solution to any problem is to prevent said problem from occuring in the first place. Japan needs to improve it's own economy by whatever means it must take. Anyone who puts in 40 hours of labor deserves to live indoors, eat regularly and have at worst a small amount of spending money. This is the foundation of the modern "Economy" like it or not, every citizen able to at least modestly enjoy in the society they contribute to. It creates the wealth, the labor not bankers, for work is done and products are made.

03:55 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

welcome to the new world order.

Comment by Warsie
    10:21 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Japan doesnt quite have that problem of jobs being sucked out unlike the USA

Comment by Barbarian of Gor
    11:36 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, could he just "Get a Job" despite not having one for much of his adult life and at least have life's basics covered?

23:37 25/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

geez just looking at your ID makes me realize a wall of text is coming. as homer simpson would say: "boring!"

Comment by Barbarian of Gor
    14:08 24/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I mean, if it were good advice I among many others would love to go:

"You long past able to walk, able to fight, able to fuck! You go earn money then find female to fuck! Give some money back to mother even if not living with her, you owe her even more!"

But I fear if he tried he'd find no jobs that'd pay enough to support himself even as an apartment dweller, the way the Globalist Bankers are ruining the economy. Like he'd do 3 jobs and barely have enough time to sleep, then he'd turn to crime and/or homelessness. But for one country at least I'd love to be wrong.

And no left/right shit OK? I'm not proposing he be given a job that pays as much as or college to become a doctor or other idealized professional, it's probably too late for that for him. Big deal. Any society has "Basic" work to do and he's the person that should do it, but if he provides "Basic" labor his "Basic" needs should be in his wages. He wants to live in a demented little shell of an apartment full of PVC loli pirate figures (living versus being alive, but oh, well..) I'm all for it as long as he works for it and he deserves to have work available for that. Let the studying, working harder, being more reliable at least to one boss be the key to getting more $ for more Loli pirate PVC figures or whatever.