Nintendo’s much trumpeted 3DS increasingly has a Virtual Boy air about it, with buzz and sales having subsided rather too quickly for comfort – Japanese asked why it is they haven’t bothered buying it explain why in this survey.
The ranking (multiple choice format):
1. It’s too expensive/You’re waiting for the price to drop (100%)
2. You’re happy with the DS/DSi (60.6%)
3. You’re worried about the burden on your eyes (41.2%)
4. The screen looks as if it may cause sickness (39.4%)
5. There was hardly any launch soft (24.6%)
6. You’ll buy it when the games you want come out (18.5%)
7. You’re happy with your phone or smartphone (11.1%)
8. You’re happy with your PSP (10.8%)
9. The battery looks too weak (8%)
10. It’s heavy and you don’t want the hassle of lugging it around (7.1%)
Although concerns about price and satisfaction with existing consoles are the main issues and look likely to subside with time, that two of the top 4 concerns are related to the effects of its screen can hardly be promising.