Top 5 Godly Seiyuu Ranking

nana-mizuki-zettai-ryouiki.jpg

Seiyuu fans rank the seiyuu they consider most “godly” – with an unexpected resurgence for a certain seiyuu.

The ranking:

1. Nana Mizuki (Fate)

2. Aya Hirano (Ekaterina)

3. Aki Toyosaki (Yui)

4. Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon)

5. Hiroshi Kamiya (Zetsubou-sensei)

It should be noted that the votes were collected from a mobile site, and so were probably free of creepy seiyuu otaku and likely included plenty of females, unsurprisingly suggesting normal people don’t care if a seiyuu enjoys the company of the opposite sex and makes a sport of trolling her followers on Twitter.

Comment by Naison
    08:05 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

These people clearly forgot that Norio Wakamoto transcends all other Seiyuu.

08:10 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

This is about "Godly" seiyuu, meaning God-like. It's like saying Zeus should've won a demigod beauty pageant.

10:10 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I was actually visiting this news just to see what rank Wakamoto had... nowhere to be found...
    Preposterous!

10:24 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

wakamoto is over godly

12:21 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Nay. He be God Himself. He is why we have religion; I see no reason to have a worshipping committee otherwise.

Comment by kenshinflyer
    11:40 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

He's beyond Godly. Doesn't need to be in this "godly" rank.

11:31 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

What happened to the girl who plays Kuroko from "Railgun"?

15:31 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude, if you can't even bother to know her name, what makes you think others would?

For the record, I do like her (Arai Satomi) as well.

No Wakamoto = FAIL LIST...

Especially when it is rumored that even now he is helping out the quake relief efforts...

08:05 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

what!!no Hanazawa Kana,,,

08:42 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

You know, it's just sad.. really sad that there seemed to be a curse on Hanazawa that she usually doesn't appear in a Top 10 great seiyuu list, or only fortunate enough to score around 6-10 despite how good and versatile he is.

14:57 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Doesn't matter, she's getting tons of work anyways. Shiori had better come back for S2 of TWGOK...

Comment by bamboocopter
    17:11 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

love her "nanooooo" voice

14:55 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yea wonder why is she not on the list every time?

08:59 16/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

she is above the list everytime

Comment by One Random Otaku
    08:35 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

No Hanazawa Kana = Fail list. That is all.

14:32 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

So everyone seem agree about that...
    No Hanazawa that a big FAIL

11:08 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Haruko Momoi is missing also i see

Comment by Marine-RX179
    15:52 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It actually makes sense, as no matter how much we like her, she still lack experience (relatively speaking). But couple more years, she'll get there.

I have to say I'm surprised that Aya Hirano made it to the list, but not Yukari Tamura or Yui Horie.

I guess no one likes old maids?

03:31 01/04/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

He is the GOD RANK

10:05 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hanazawa Kana fcking where?

08:08 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka,Rie Tanaka, Rie Tanaka !
    RAGE !

Comment by mugicha
    08:14 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

08:20 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

I was wondering after seing a seiyuu post... since there's not much anime airing right now and Sankaku has less stuff to cover...

Couldn't somebody create a list with all Seiyuus and mangakas that have update their twitter/blog/website saying that they're alive and ok?

11:09 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I'm already way glad that Youko Kanno is confirmed alive. Apparently she's from Miyagi...

08:21 15/03/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

You mean after the earthquake, right? Yeah, I've been worried about a couple...

Comment by FlyingCake
    13:43 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This might help a tiny bit.

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    13:38 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@mugicha,if you like BlazBlue,Ragna the Bloodedge!

08:32 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

There's one on Anime News Network.

Comment by Achiuakuna
    15:10 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Thank you. Finally someone knows how amazing Sugita is as Gintoki and isn't fagging over Kyon.

11:25 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"Yay Tomokazu Sugita! His performance as Gintoki is so amazing that it makes his Kyon role look like nothing."
    Please marry me

you must be gay...

Comment by Jareth
    08:27 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Cannot accept this without emperor Norio Wakamoto.

08:54 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

When I heard him as Diao Chan in Koihime Musou I laughed my ass off.

09:16 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

NO Rie Kugimiya = PHAIL

Comment by kim tiu
    11:12 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Probably They forgot the bottom 5.

Comment by Tomsky
    08:23 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Opinions, opinions everywhere.

AND MY OPINION IS THAT YUI HORIE SHOULD BE #1!!!!

08:08 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I like Mamiko Noto a lot, but i don't really think she's that good xD, i mena, she always speak the same way... you can see i'm in a conflict.

08:19 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's ok, Mamiko Noto is great.

Comment by VillainousHanacha
    11:53 15/03/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Nice list!

Hiroshi Kamiya is most definitely my favorite male seiyuu. Such a sly and snarky voice he has. Weather it be a smart-ass hero or a manipulative villain, he is always awesome. Although I say my favorite role of his is Izaya Orihara, but Zetsubou-sensei is awesome as well.

It's nice to see Aya on this list as well. She may have rocks for brains, but she is a pretty damn good seiyuu when you get right down to it. Although the choice of role is one I find odd. Maybe that's because I am a lover of Seikon No Qwaser as a Manga, and therefore have a hard time associating voices to the characters (I personally couldn't get into the Anime for the life of me).

As for Tomokazu Sugita and Kyon, well suffice to say I love them both. Kyon isn't just a snarky male lead, he's THE snarky male lead. Nuff said.

After watching Nanoha recently, I grew to love Fate dearly, along with her seiyuu Nana Mizuki. She pulls off the stoic girl very well, yet can give emotion when need be.

As for Aki Toyosaki, I do like her as well. She may not be my absolute favorite, but she is damn good at what she does, and I still do like her. I prefer Uiharu to Yui though.

And while there maybe seiyuu that I like that are not on this list (Chiwa Saito, Yui Horie, Rie Kugimiya, Rina Sato, Miyuki Sawashiro, Kana Hanazawa, Mamiko Noto, Minori Chihara, Yoko Hisaka, Daisuke Ono, Norio Wakamoto, Yuuichi Nakamura, etc...) you can't have everything you want now can you? So besides all that, I am very happy with this list.

Comment by Saber
    16:42 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I atleast got Nana, Tomokazu Sugita and Hiroshi Kamiya. So I am pretty happy. I will never understand the K-ON love. I don't hate the show just found it to be boring.

15:27 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Geeze I don't even know any Seiyuu by name except Aya Hirano since she is a freqent topic on this site and Kugimiya Rie ( however you spell it).

When i watch anime I just say "hey that's the same voice as "characters name" from "name of anime" not "oh hey that's "seiyuu's name" voice.

09:45 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Where the fuck is Norio Wakamoto?

20:34 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Feeding the hungry, rescuing the trapped and bandaging the wounded... He transcends godliness...

11:13 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Aya Hirano ... godly ? What is this madness ? I still don't understand her popularity. High pitched ear breaking voice, that sounds identical in all of her roles. Atleast have some variety -_-. The only exception is Konata from LS ... sigh.

11:39 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Okay, WTH?? Where's Wakamoto Norio? Where's Arai Satomi? Where's Nakata Jouji? Where's Oohara Sayaka? Inoue Kikuko, Horie Yui, Ono Daisuke...? Not a single one of those ranking seiyuu should be in top 5, few even in top 10. -.-'

Comment by Atzumo Kayami
    03:44 18/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Not Nakata Jouji or Asakawa Yuu is fail

10:38 15/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Lord Wakamoto will bring divine punishment. WHY IS HE NOT THERE