Wonfes PSP Thief Makes Seiyuu Cry

haruna-ikezawa-1.jpg

A thief has made off with the precious PSP of seiyuu Haruna Ikezawa, making her cry.

Haruna Ikezawa (“Nana-chan”), known for a variety of singing and acting as well as her role as Momoka in Keroro Gunsou, attended the recent Winter 2011 Wonder Festival.

haruna-ikezawa-2.jpg

On the way home, she stopped in at a bar with her friends, and later realised she forgot her PSP there, but could not find it when she returned.

As ever, Twitter offers a blow-by-blow account of her world falling apart, as do a long series of blog updates detailing the tragedy:

“I seem to have lost my PSP whilst having dinner. But the shop says they haven’t seen it. I definitely lost it in there, it’s not in my bag. I have no choice but to give up… The shop had individual stalls, and there were no other customers in the shop when I went back.”

[...]

“It was in a pouch around my waist. I took off the pouch in the shop. We were the last customers. But it isn’t there. I looked through my bags again when I went back but it wasn’t there. I feel a bit dejected and am on the verge of tears…”

[...the next day...]

“I got home. My PSP (>д:  Uuuuuuuuu… The bar I went in on the way back from Wonfes, I forgot my PSP… my PSP in there!!! It was in my pouch. When I called back they said it wasn’t there!

*It was a stall
*Nobody was there when I got back
*I remember taking it off there
*It was 1 minute from the station. I called back as soon I realised, on the platform. It was probably only 10 minutes later.

PSP… Monster Hunter… 70 hours of Monster Hunter data… Other saves (including hundreds of hours of MHPG2nd play)… The special pouch I was given by Reine Hibiki [Mari-mite illustrator]…

I’m so depressed! I’ll try to go out.”

[...]

“Please! Anyone who found a red PSP in a black pouch near the Keiyo line after the 2/6 Wonfes, get in touch! I’m going to cry.”

[...]

“My PSP hasn’t returned (/_;): The PSP didn’t come back. I checked so many times at the bar. I even asked at their head office. I reported it to police as a lost item. I asked at the station. I tried asking at the Makuhari Messe cafe aI was at before.”

[She goes on to discuss various theories as to how it went missing, for several pages, concluding that it may have been stolen, at which point she writes a page-long curse on the thief, requesting dark forces guide his every step into dog excrement, drain all his pens of ink, cause all his fizzy drinks to froth up in his face, etc. etc.]

“When I’m on the train now, every time I see people playing their DS I get depressed… My data, all lost! After I played with so many people…”

Her PSP remains lost. She had no backups.

haruna-ikezawa-3.jpg

Comment by Fleeting Rain
    05:00 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

That's why I .rar my save files and send them to my e-mail once a week.

Cloud saving? GMAIL IS MY CLOUD

Comment by Shaolan-kun
    05:05 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+0.9)

Be careful, you could be charged of copyright infringement...

08:44 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

Technically that's only if he sells them.

07:52 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

This.

Goddamn Nintendo.

Comment by Char
    07:16 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Only if they are redistributed ie sold etc otherwise they don't have no legal grounds to stand on.

If she does not even share them they'll never know.

Comment by Char
    Comment by homu
    07:48 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Once I dropped my memory card down the air duct in my house all I lost was 15 hours of mgs

05:59 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Or you could just NOT abuse your PSP or be careless about your memory card.

10:29 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Pokemon the series than never seems to die...... EVER

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    21:23 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The series never seems to die too
    You'll know Ash/Satoshi will lose with his Lv100 Pikachu and stuff

Comment by Woop
    05:08 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Sigh I understand... someone stole my psp and the first thing that came to my mind is.."OMG MY 500+ HOURS OF MONSTER HUNTER... NOOOOOOOO",

21:49 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

the thief must be fapping to it like crazy by now

01:15 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

or WITH it

Comment by King Tiger
    02:52 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

question: why would you steal a PSP from a seiyuu?

answer: ebay

those bastards....

Comment by Riiku
    02:36 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

The PSP itself.... a worthless piece of plastic.

The saves - priceless.

Comment by gundam4ever2
    04:50 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Wow that sucks.

Comment by ED
    05:34 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Monsters! Give her PSP back!

14:27 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

They must be hunted <3

14:56 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I have your PSP, and I'll give it back if you become my Personal Service Provider. <3 I'll even install much date into you if you like nana-chan.

Comment by คภєк๏
    11:36 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Monsters stole it? Revenge for being hunted, maybe.

11:59 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

This is exactly why I save my psp save data in my external hard drive once in a while!! Though I feel her pain... When I lost my external hard drive..... All I felt was despair. All my videos.. all my save data which isn't in my psp anymore. All my games, pictures, doujins, and gigs of series. (sigh)~~~

13:09 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I know what you mean, man...

I've been archiving Hentai of all fetishes and genres ever since I was 13 (started with discs, then switched to external HDs in High School)...

I remember one of my 1 Terabyte hard drives dying on me...

I felt like I lost a loved one...

That was 4 years ago...

Now I bought three 3 Terabyte External Harddrives...

1 for hentai and anime, 1 for Comiket releases and Touhou, and 1 for backing up both of them if the need arises...

Spending $700 was worth it for peace of mind...And for instant hentai gratification~

I'm planning on buying another 3 Terabyte External HD just in case...A back-up for my back-up you could say~

-Azure Xuchilbara
    (account suspended)

Comment by Reichi
    11:41 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

But she must be a skilled hunter with how many hours she racked up! Surely a monster couldn't have done it!

Comment by ItsDemo
    12:03 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

70 hours is not that much. I have over 200+ hours on MH3 already. Hunted everything and got end game gears.

Comment by OhYeah
    13:27 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

70 hours is enough to get to the high tiers of missions. She also said that she has hundreds of hours of 2nd G save data. That's more than enough to get to the Elder gods and the killer dragons.I'd say her skill is unquestioned.

Comment by Megidola
    04:43 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I pray that the dark forces of carbonated beverages will hear her plea, and punish this thief with the full extent of their power.

04:56 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

naw, whoever found or "found" it probably knows how much celebrity posessions can be worth

Comment by YakomoFujikawa
    05:15 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

and if he/she's stupid enough to sell it, someone will undoubtedly find out who this person is. All he/she can do is hug it and hope they don't find him/her...

Comment by YakomoFujikawa
    06:52 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

no, on the contrary...If this person sells it on the black market, they run the chance that someone will one up them for the sake of having it themselves. Celebrity possessions are valuable and thus others will try to take it for themselves...that was my point...

13:10 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't see where anon 07:32 proposed that there was no black market, just that the thief has no connections.

06:00 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

so you basically propose there is no black market
    interesting

07:32 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

oh i c
    well, i doubt she is famous enough to start a gang war over her psp
    whether the person in question has the connections/is smart enough to sell safely is another matter

20:14 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

True to yandere Momoka form, she is lamenting, pleading and cursing all at the same time...

Comment by Vitu
    04:41 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

It's not even about the psp system, it is about the save data. 70 hours? ;_; hang in there

Comment by HouseLife
    04:58 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Yeah, the PSP is a shame, but the save data is the blood, sweat and tears that went into it. Anyone who knows the sheer dejection that comes with all your work becoming literally a waste of time knows that her complaints aren't without merit, especially not just one game save, but multiple.

Comment by Devil Artz
    06:09 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I understand completely, when my friend lost his psp (with 200+ hours on monster hunter) I saw a face on him you wouldn't even see at the saddest funeral. After his loss we all back up our saves. every time. Hope this doesn't discourage her.

05:32 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

My home console's HDD got corrupted exactly on the day where I chose to backup Everything...

Needless to say, I didn't get my backup, and I can definitely feel for her. It's a maddening first day and you do go through all the five steps. Ultimately, if there isn't some good fan out there who'll find it back for her, she'll have to go down the hard way and just accept it...

It's never a good thing, it seriously feels like someone killing your dog, and your cat, and then spitting on your face.

I hope this story gets a happy ending. Or that some waitress took it, left the job early and will eventually call back the next day and she'll get it back by the end of the week.

...Hey, just hoping here.

Comment by TNinja

70 hours. That's about 3-4 days of gaming. You can reach far in some games within that time.

However, there are times you are extremely lucky as to find something, just beaten the most annoying boss of the time. Achievements, friendlists, anything can happen within 3-4 days.

This is a great loss I do say.

09:05 09/02/2011 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

Because spending 70 hours on a grindfest game like MH isn't a waste of time, right?

Comment by Gitami
    09:21 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

It may not be time well spent to you, but it is still time spent with doing something she enjoyed.

10:37 10/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

No. It's not time well spent to anyone. It's wasted time no matter how you look at it.

Comment by Char
    06:20 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

This is why you should backup your save data if it's that important to you.

Grinding games... No lose.

Comment by Rough
    04:39 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

awww... how sad :/

Comment by The Kiss
    04:47 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I know how it feels to loose something very dear in the form of priceless interactivity. Why would people stoop to such levels? And just for a PSP?!

Who's up for a 2ch/4chan-style search and rescue operation?!

Comment by procrastinator
    04:46 09/02/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Still waiting for that cloud saving I heard about.

Comment by Dia
    06:06 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Civ5 has it.

16:46 09/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Civilization is meant to be left running for weeks at a time for multiplayer games if I remember correctly.

Comment by Sukunai
    06:48 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Well I feel sad for her, but hey, shit happens eh.

She's a full grown adult for christ's sake not some guys 7 year old daughter.

I once dropped my DS in a cooler, presto, fucked DS.

I dropped a 2TB drive and poof presto 2 TB of fucking movies converted from dvd (I have the dvds but damn it that took me two fucking months), gone.

I wasn't amused, I wasn't happy, but christ, how old is this girl? Take more care with your toys young lady. Looks like mid 20s so yeah, I guess that makes her a kid to me at least. Could be my daughter I suppose.

Comment by Sakido
    05:58 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

man 70 hours on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite that has to be rough I have that game and let me tell you it is not easy but now I wanna play psp with her lol.

Comment by Yuri-Hime
    05:29 09/02/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Hell I would cry too if I lost my PSP with over 70+ hours of data on it.

But I hope she gets it back....and pray that her data is still intact.

But all that's a slim chance though.