Finally – Your Girlfriend Will Stop Cheating On You

love-plus-3ds-001.jpg

Lonely otaku dating the virtual maidens of Love Plus can finally rest easy with the knowledge that their girlfriend will no longer be all over any man (or woman) who comes along – the 3DS incarnation of the series has announced “Boyfriend Lock” functionality, allowing the girls to recognise their boyfriend and tell anyone else to keep their hands to themselves.

The “Kareshi Lock” functionality is meant to allow a more intimate virtual relationship with the DS, with the girls brushing off any strangers with a “And who might you be?” rather than offering all comers a slatternly display of affection as in the previous games.

Whether Nene and company can tell the difference between their suitor’s face and a simple photograph remains to be seen…

A host of other features are also promised, although the issue of how the game will play with the revised screen layout of the 3DS (it may not be possible to play the game in landscape orientation) has not been mentioned.

In other news, Love Plus has proven such a success that Konami has elevated the developers into their own studio: “Love Plus Productions,” specialising in titles focused on “school, romance and communication,” certainly a lot classier sounding than “schoolgirl dating sims.”

love-plus-3ds-002.jpg

The arcade version is also shaping up to be a particularly promising way of parting lonely men from their cash:

love-plus-3ds-003.jpg
love-plus-3ds-004.jpg
love-plus-3ds-005.jpg

And for those who want their spending controlled by the girls, there is to be a VISA card:

love-plus-3ds-006.jpg

Nene is now even taking time out from stealing men from their wives to advertise sweets:

love-plus-3ds-007.jpg

love-plus-3ds-008.jpg

Comment by 桂 言葉 死
    09:10 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

~ I like and approve of this feature!

I (also) want to see a ~ "Custom" version ~ in which we can place - OUR OWN Waifu's - as the objects of our devotional desires...

mmmmm... yes. yes...

Comment by firemage
    08:55 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

ANZ bank allow you to choose any personal digital images and they print it on your credit card but they won't allow anime pics damn them!

I want to be able to flash my otaku card at fancy restaraunts!

Comment by Aya Kyunik
    12:56 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I always wondered if ANZ would allow anime images to be used, I guess I got my answer now =/

Oh...same avatar o_o

Comment by firemage
    16:56 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, you can try but their image guidelines are pretty immense (they're also a somewhat entertaining read) http://www.designmycard.com.au/ImageGuidelines.asp

Same avatar lol wut!?! Gotta love BF2142 in nekomimi mode :-P

Well mine's higher rez so people won't get us confused.

Comment by Aya Kyunik
    18:05 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I prolly should use the other catgirl then lol.

Jesus christ, the guidelines are ridiculous, may as well put "no fun" in there.

Comment by FreeHopper
    18:22 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha, that avatar's pretty neat too.

If you got someone to draw you one professionally then maybe you could use it?

Cause it wouldn't be breaching copyright.
    But would it come under a work of art...?

Comment by Stradivarius
    02:41 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I make custom made credit card transfers and I'll print any image you want:

RanmaSyaoranSaotome at hotmail . com

Email me :D

Comment by John Hayabusa
    15:30 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Gotta love those sweet lozenges! Gotta buy some Halls!

06:52 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy holy holy SHIT!

I need that Visa card NOW! (pick up the phone)

Comment by Shippoyasha
    19:25 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Also expect Japanese government to download the pics the 3DS takes of the users so they can track the lonely otakus. Am I the only person kinda scared they are literally taking photos and videos of us as we game, use phones, etc?

Comment by Dia
    22:29 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I tried to get a screencap from Kanon (2006) on my card but my bank wouldn't accept it either :(

15:49 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Probably because anime pics are usually copyrighted images.

16:55 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Love Plus Productions will now produce the next game called : School to the GRAVE w/ yearly FULL price update "DLC" packages!

16:31 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Im with suncorp and hoping they will let me use an anime pic. Interesting that ANZ wont allow it though.

Comment by Minru
    08:57 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

going to follow in the path of another virtual idol. Waiting for them to release an album.......

And start to take over the world!

Comment by ickyarkman
    08:57 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

so when are they bringing this stuff to the U.S? i need to get my hands on it.

Comment by Naison
    09:05 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

Probably never...

But if they did, it would be the only reason I get a 3DS.

Comment by GodMan
    09:20 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Yay now all they got to do is translate it in to English so I can enjoy it. Not that it would stop me I'll still get it even if I have to learn the damn language.

09:50 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

Good for you, because chances of any Love Plus games getting an official English release will be like a cold day in hell.

09:19 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

As as an added new feature:

It determines if you are in Tokyo and automatically shuts off your girlfriend and transmits your position to the local gestapo since she's underage and obviously breaking Tokyo's thought control laws.

Comment by King Tiger
    08:55 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.8)

...and ronery in Japan continues unabated :)

Comment by stillcode
    09:33 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

ronery + Manaka > 3DPD

09:01 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

It's better than how most americans are, for sure.

Besides, it's much cheaper than a wife and for many it may be a fix - boyfriend lock!? Compete with that, bitches.

Comment by Kitsunemimi6
    09:08 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

3D Woman now need to step their game up, or else...

That's a very useful feature indeed...

Comment by John Hayabusa
    12:50 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.8)

So there will be some "Boyfriend Lock" in this game, but no "Girlfriend Lock"?

21:38 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@John Hayabusa that's why it's superior.

11:28 U're sick in the mind..

BANZAI!!
    No more cheating!!

11:28 26/12/2010 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

The only thing to make this game perfect if that you can kick in the face the VR girls ñ_ñ

Comment by TFish
    11:04 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

I never understood why the pessimistic remarks are aimed at Americans by default.

21:53 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@TFish because americans always eat the shit sandwich.

It's no joke, you guys always get the short end of the stick when it comes to corrupt politicians corrupting your public facilities (like public education and public health care), evil corporations doing evil things to your food/media/medicine, etc.

You guys always chew on life's gristle and still get surprised to see "un-americans".

Comment by Noodlestein
    11:42 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

No kidding.

11:48 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I've already spent close to 55 bucks on my present gf and she's never shown much appreciation at all for my efforts yet. Not even a kiss. X_X

How much will Love Plus cost me?

12:43 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Maybe if you stop being such a materialistic asshole and start being a proper boyfriend to her instead of counting how much money you spent on your relationship, you'll actually be appreciated for it.

12:30 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Time to dump her and move on, man. Don't think she will ever change if she's like that. Trust me.

00:42 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@anon 13:08

Then you're doing it wrong. I as well as friends I know who are in a relationship don't experience this problem.

13:08 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

So...

Don't spend money on girlfriend: "Why don't you ever take me anywhere fancy to eat? My friends get presents from their boyfriends all the time. You think I'm just some slut to help you out when you're bored and horny?"

Spend money on girlfriend: "How shallow are you? What kind of girl do you think I am? You think I'm some whore you can just buy?"

Classic. This is why I said "The hell with this" to dating.

22:29 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

$55?

Wow. What a cheap bastard. That is chump change compared to what I spend on my girlfriend in a single day, and I do that willingly. Not every woman is a gold digger, and trust me when you find the right one you will want to spend money on her.

Comment by vanilka
    06:59 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe she's just shy and thinks that you'll make the first step. Some girls are very and I mean VERY timid and unless you do something yourself, nothing happens.
    However, if you find out that she's just using you then get rid of her... fast.

07:55 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol! Who would've thought that that a Love Plus article at Sankaku would be a place to get relationship advice? =P

Anyways I was kinda joking about the "how much will Love Plus cost" comment, but at the same time I felt like I wanted to get a point across in my uncertainty too. Thanks for the feedback (the good as well as the bad) and especially from Rena as your perspective means a lot. ^^

18:51 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You are a sad person.
    Try to get out more, it may not be too late.

10:52 30/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When someone is to literally shower their partner with gifts on a daily basis, I would question the stability of the relationship. Not that there's anything wrong with it but remember, there's a strong difference between scratching ones ass and scratching it all to pieces.

Food for thought?

Put a cock in her.

09:16 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

not sure if serious

Comment by Thomus
    12:49 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

what if your friend wants to play with you? would they recognise one out of the two? or would they think about having a 3P?

Comment by Eddyak
    12:00 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

Same here. Wouldn't it be a fuckload easier if they just added a password function, instead of making the game screw up every time the guy's pulling any face other than the exact same passport-photo face he pulled when registering with the game?

Comment by FreeHopper
    18:24 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You have friends who want to play dating sims with you? o_O;

W/e, but I think the idea is less about security, and more about the fact that your 'girlfriend' will love only you... kind of thing.

Btw "Look only at me" translates into "Don't be a player" in american... TT__TT english dub man...

You don't have friends, enjoy your dating sim

sorry man. feeling of 3D real vagina > computer screen 2D vagina.

Comment by Kiririn
    13:52 26/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Condoms do protect you from some STDs, and are a hell of a lot better than going unprotected.

The fact that you would just issue a blanket statement that "condoms don't protect you from stds" just marks you as a virgin.

17:58 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

So much relationship hate, haha.
    Not all us girls are so terrible. =)
    After such commentary like that, though, one might think a lot of boys are.

10:45 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.5)

goo luck finding a girl that will not rip u off

06:09 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

One thing I always found peculiar about SanCon is that though it houses a lot of "relationship virgins", they're all jaded at the same time and prtend like they're relationship gurus. It's like they equate relationship to what they see on tv/renai games and read on sanCon.

18:39 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Guy uses "virgin"

It's super effective at avoiding many STDs

10:22 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.3)

@Anonymous 10:03: Enjoy the day when your partner decides they're tired of you and starts cheating. Also enjoy the ensuing dramafest that'll come with it.

18:14 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

if you really speak out statistic like you know anything, its true condom give 99% at best. that 1% comes from wrong usage. if you know how to really use it, it can become 100%

11:38 27/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yeah. It's almost as if just because they regularly those dating sims, that they're already knowledgeable about actual relationships themselves.

10:39 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Fancy, I say enjoy the time you have with your penis because it will be amputated from the large amounts of bacteria from all the STDs. Not to mention chances of getting a real girl is still close to zero for you, despite you saying they're better then 2D ones.

17:42 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If I remember correctly, they offer a 99.9% protection at best. MUCH better than going unprotected, but they aren't even near perfect if you want to have sex with a lot of hot girls.

Using 'virgin' as an insult only marks you as immature. But as most people never grow up anyway it isn't that bad.

11:49 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

10:53: You should know that condoms don't protect you from stds. I hope you were just joking about that because otherwise you might want to get a checkup.

10:53 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, not all people who have sex have STDs. There is such a thing as safe sex. Try putting on a condom first. Get some sex education will you.

Comment by stillcode
    09:41 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Enjoy your stds!

"Women aged 20 to 24 had the highest overall HPV prevalence in the study, 44.8 percent."

Well, I'd rather spend my money on me and my hobbies than someone who treats me like a walking wallet and moves along whenever someone with more money comes along.

No thanks...

Btw: girls are actually cheaper when you rent them... at certain places... and they're more skilled and swallow too...

:D

@stillcode

Enjoy your virginity.

The rest of us will enjoy sex with the people we love.

You know what, when that day comes, we'll find somebody else too. It's called MOVING ON.

@anon 10:45

I already did but thank you for playing anyway.

Comment by Hatsune Miku
    11:20 26/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

Uh oh... now all the Otakus is going to buy Halls even when they don't have a cold...

Comment by destructorv2
    10:22 26/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1. Better than most Americans

2. You better pray this series won't be banned when the Manga ban appears

And thus humanity met its end.