shintaro-ishihara.png

Tokyo’s governor Shintaro Ishihara is apparently not satisfied with just bashing manga and foreigners – in his latest published statements he calls homosexuals “genetically defective” and comments on what pitiful creatures they all are.

His latest remarks come on the heels of his recent round of manga bashing, which he diversified to include gay-bashing:

I definitely get the impression they’re lacking something. It’s probably genetic. It’s a pity they are considered a minority.

He recalls with evident disgust a visit to San Francisco:

I saw a gay parade and I really thought it was pitiful. There were pairs of men and pairs of women, and they were definitely missing something.

[...]

Deliberately showing them off [on Japanese TV]  as products is something they don’t even do in foreign countries.

Ishihara has a long history of such remarks, and seems unlikely to be dissuaded from continuing to make them any time soon; about the only thing more alarming than a person in his office persistently making such rash public statements is that the people of Tokyo actually continue to elect him – three times so far.

Comment by CC
    03:40 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

So I guess he doesn't like hard gay [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOF89pSZHPg&t=1m10s] then?

03:45 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I'd pay to see him getting humped to death by HG~

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    04:03 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

We need to send HG a letter, NOW!

04:27 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

FOOOOOOO

03:36 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Luckily, there is no gay people or (god forbid) any sort of sexual deviancy in japan.

Comment by Minru
    04:56 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I bask in your irony.

And personally some guy paying a couple hundred for a schoolgirl's used underwear is one of the worst. You could rent the whole schoolgirl in japan for less!

Comment by Sukunai
    04:40 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Being able to fuck, and produce offspring, certainly hasn't prevented useless excuse parents from existing though.

Gays might not be able to procreate, but being able to procreate has not made heteros magically superior.

Man I have seen so many people I have wanted to see get sterilized so they could stop producing more or their kind.

01:15 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

if we were all gays, there were no more generations after us stupid idiot!

03:08 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Some might argue that's not necessarily a bad thing.

17:26 10/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

so why they do not dissapear just themselves and let live our life?

14:22 06/04/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

If your argument against homosexuality is contingent on a scenario where everyone in the entire world turns gay then I'm afraid you HAVE no argument until you explain to me how on god's green earth that would ever happen. I'm very interested in what you'll come up with. Perhaps you'll go with the "Gay people are like vampires" theory. Or perhaps you believe there is a gay pathogen being spread by a super secret gay terrorist organization, that is even more discreetly being supported by all the world governments in the most elaborate hoax ever to take place in human history. but I'm sure your theory is far more entertaining (and mental) than anything I can come up with. On a side note this comment will be added to my list of sentences that should be grounds for the suspension of ones right to vote in any democratic government. Good day!

03:04 31/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese government needs to die, anyone up for armed revolt? I mean, this guy has some serious problems, this old moron intends to illegalise pretty much everything good about Japanese pop-culture, I think it would be a good idea if this election, he was voted out, because then certainly his bill would be revoked, and we can finally live in a free and liberal world, where harmful desires are channeled into harmless outlets.

Just some random idealism, but yeah.

08:05 13/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It does make us superior. People sucking as parents only affects the upbringing part - the kids themselves have the individual wills and ability to transcend what makes their parents faulty, and that, is something gays can't biologically do.

02:17 19/05/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ah, typical human stupidity.

See, gay people can get pregnant.

Including biologically.

Whoops. I guess you just fail, but then, that's typical for homophobes like you. No brain at all.

03:37 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

LOL man if he said anything like this in america be huge media shit story dotn they ever get that in japan? BUT lols voted 3 times haha

Comment by Tex_Arcana
    03:13 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

It's true, we foreigners no longer show off our gays on Japanese TV.

I mean, what would be the point?

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    03:55 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Seeing old folks going into cardiac arrest after tuning into a tv special report would be interesting...

Comment by Megidola
    04:39 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.7)

"These homosexuals are disgust-HNNNNNGGGG"

04:45 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

I see that's why he smiling in the picture.

14:30 06/04/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

In america we have gay prides in most major cities, I don't know about Europe or the rest of Asia as much but Japan did not invent gay pride. (unless you count certain Tokugawa period literature...)

Comment by Night
    03:25 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.9)

I think his brain is lacking something. May be genetic.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    04:01 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

That might be a genetic disorder present in all politicians then...

04:50 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

You NEED to have a genetic/mental disorder to be politicians.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    03:52 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

Guess it can't be helped ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

03:12 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.9)

Not this guy again. *facepalm*

05:33 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.7)

And needing glasses isn't genetically defective? What a sodding twit.

09:38 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, except for the fact that you can cure your eye impairment but you can't cure homosexuality!

Comment by Atzumo Kayami
    03:23 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.7)

I don't get how people elected him 3 times...
    well, it's japan we're talking about

04:14 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Japan has this asshole, the US had Bush.

Comment by CowExtract
    07:26 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Nope, no more Bush for the US.... It shaved

...

...

sorry, bad joke

Comment by Majineko
    09:07 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

obama trolls gay people and otakus? since when. btw anon, you mean we had cheney

23:54 10/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yup a real dick he was.

05:36 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Now it has Obama...

Comment by Megidola
    03:28 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Clearly someone needs to give this guy his pills and take him down to the old folk's home where he can't do any more damage.

Comment by redscarnova
    04:20 08/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.9)

I'm quite sure he can't wait for reading his huge yaoi-manga collection at home

05:45 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.9)

@anon 4:27
    >implying you will ever prolong the existence of mankind

07:38 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

In my experience, everyone that talks too much about gays have serious sexual issues. Maybe this guy has such a tiny dick he can't even fap so he keeps going about other's choices.

03:46 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

Better yet, give him some 'pills' and dump him in the middle of Shinjuku ni-choume.

Used to live around that area and definitely would suit him better than some old boring retirement home.

07:01 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

^ That's solely a scientific curiosity with no significance for anything, I see no reason to even mention it in a discussion such as this.

On another note, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of my country (Germany) is a professing gay. He even takes his boyfriend with him on official trips. Maybe they should pay more visits to Tokyo...

11:14 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.7)

Psh, usually the ones who bash on the gays the loudest tend to be gay themselves. I bet he has a secret vault stash of shota mangas in his basement right now >.>

Comment by Megidola
    07:23 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

@Houselife

No, he is incorrect. I've heard various theories like those you mentioned, but they're only suggestions, not widely accepted.
    The one about number of male children is developmental rather than strictly genetic anyway.

Even if it was proven that homosexuality is completely genetically caused (very unlikely), calling it a defect would just be imposing one's value system onto biology.

Comment by dreadx6
    04:22 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

One of the best political trolls of all time, am it right?

09:23 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@Megidola

Adopting any social policy is imposing one value system over another. The only way to avoid that is pure anarchy, which is mostly impractical.

Society usually chooses it's policies on their perceived usefulness, although frequently enough, wrongly.

The scientific way to test a given trait is to ask yourself "does this trait give the species advantage over most other species". If true, then the trait is beneficial. If false, it's redundant at best and it could be considered a behavioural imperfection (not genetic!).

When examining homosexuality, it's important to examine it in respect to heterosexuality. Now, comparing all the differing characteristics between hetero and homo people would take an entire book, so I'll let you decide for yourselves. All I'm implying is that gender preference can have a very real impact on the individuals that choose to partake in it.

Comment by OhYeah
    11:59 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

And the world will one day know, Ishihara died as he preached, a degenerate of society.

Comment by alidan
    14:01 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

HouseLife
    06:31

there have been countless studies of is there a gay gene, is it environmental, and is it treatable.

now correct me if im wrong, not a single one has been conclusive, but polititions will take whatever they can from them and run with it.

Anonymous
    09:28

ok, gay people are about 10% of the population, and thats of those who openly admit it. there are people who are gay but go with the opposite sex, to be "normal", it doesn't make them not gay, it makes them self hating gay.

Comment by HouseLife
    06:31 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.1)

Actually as much as people may dislike this, this guy is not entirely incorrect. Keep reading before you down vote. I'm not saying homosexuals are abominations as he may be saying (doesn't seem like it based on the wording though), but the aspect that they're 'missing something' is actually apparently a little correct in the sense of genetic growth.

I forget where I read it, but I read that it's being found that homosexuality being 'you're born with it' may be true to a certain degree, but only in prosperous nations. Notice how there is much more open homosexuality in the most developed and wealthy nations where births are generally healthy? Apparently scientists are exploring a potential discovery that during the first trimester during pregnancy, the mother's stress level and the presence of numerous men/women around her are a major determining factor for the development of homosexuality.

They've determined that the more brothers born before a child, the higher chance of homosexuality being developed in the womb based on diminishing of certain hormones based upon the mother's sense of 'enough male offspring' and the like. Basically a sense of 'there are too many men, breeding will be tough' and the hormones adjust for that.

This is a very lay description of what I read of course, but you get the idea. Basically take away his potentially homophobic-sounding remarks and they're unconsciously in the right direction apparently. But just because homosexuals lack something doesn't make them lesser beings. ...reality TV makes them lesser beings.

Comment by HouseLife
    04:17 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wonderful points. I should clarify that I'm not being 'illogical' about this by using biology. And the spiritual aspect is basically the same, what your body calls for by unknown forces we don't yet understand. They are there, and are very clear when we know how to listen, it's part of my training and way of life, so literally all I can say in that regard is 'trust me.'

But you've brought up yet again more aesthetic aspects, alidan. Women liking how women look is a biproduct of them being the source of procreation, because by default their beauty is universally accepted for reasons of furthering our race. Other females recognize that because that recognition also drives the interest toward what beauty is. The feminine is more supportive and understanding. It draws people to it. Women who go 'awww' at little children can pull at a man's heart strings while the baby itself can be disgusting to them.

There is a fear regarding the understanding that homosexuality has a source. People speak of it as if suddenly we may know why homosexuals are homosexual and they'll no longer be 'special' or 'mysterious' or something. It's kind of like 'will babies be special once we understand how they're created fully?' and obviously no, we're even MORE amazed. So what if it makes quite a lot of sense that hormones during development can be adjusted based on the mother's surroundings? In the end, yes, there's a simple reality that pure homosexuality will never be considered 'not a defect' by the heterosexual community but it's not a defect of themselves, it's an adjustment based upon society and surroundings. As such, the fact that homosexuality is an adaptation that the population doesn't consider useful, it also can be understood to be a byproduct of that very population and accepted.

Everyone wants to pretend they're special. Homosexuality is not special in the slightest, and if the homosexual community keeps trying to push that being homosexual is some magical experience they'll continue to alienate the people they're trying to reach. The people THEMSELVES are what speaks for who they are, not their homosexuality.

Ian McKellan is gay, but the man is a treat to behold on screen for me. His actions are what speaks to his character, and I hold nothing but respect for the man. It is the prancing gay parade fools that make me roll my eyes, because they are relishing the fact that they are shoving it down peoples' throats while simultaneously being detrimental to the things they claim they want, and then complain that people don't understand them.

Comment by Yuuasa
    20:45 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@HouseLife & alidan:

I can see where both of you are coming from and agree with some/most of your points. I disagree with HouseLife's theory of variables in the developmental stage of a fetus to be the cause of "homosexuality" based on a historical stand point, however. I wont go into that though for I cannot prove it.

As for people not being entirely gay or straight; I find this to be true. I am at current a "gay" man and most likely shall stay as such. I can find beauty in the female form and appreciate it, but it does not get my blood flowing. I'm not ruling it out for the future, though, sense I am an advocate of "human love". However! Not being able to further the human race as a gay is a bit off. It is still possible to produce offspring simply by mating with the opposite gender, even if it is not pleasurable. It may be despicable and thus not occur to most straight people, but it happens quite often.

I will agree that ones path in life can have a huge impact on ones sexual preferences. It is only logical to think as such. I'm not sure if I can say that some humans are born gay, just as I am not sure I can say humans are born good or bad. It is all circumstantial at this time.

Comment by alidan
    21:22 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

HouseLife
    17:07

i come at it from a far more logical sense. mainly because thats how i am. women that i know have said that the only real reason they arent lesbians is because they some day want to have kids, and they are ok with either or, and in studies like i said 50% were willing to admit they would be with a woman, if they could have a kid together with a woman, and not through artificial insemination like now, but through genes of both them making it, than that is a game changer. i believe it is possible to do now at least in the case of woman x woman, but if it will ever happen is another story all together.

i do get where you are coming from, and as a man i may not be able to say this with any accuracy, but women have somewhat of a biological clock that makes them want to have a kid at some point or at least many do. and this clock isn't thinking it has to be with this guy here, or that guy there, its just i want a kid. now the person they chose to have the kid with is most of the time (some old studies said at least 60% of the time) that its the person they love.

that said, if it ever became ok for 2 women to have a kid (i doubt it ever will) than pressure to be with a man would be lifted. i believe that than women would be far more open to lesbianism than they are currently.

Yuuasa
    20:45

nothing has ever been proven, because largely anti gay people fund them, and pro gay fun the opposite. one side concludes there may be a coloration, and the other side proves the other side false at a latter point in time.

i believe the environmental you grow up in, your values (religious or family) have a big influence on what happens. i personally come from a more or less anti gay family (though they changed allot with me, as i never had a real girl friend, most of my friends at many points were girls, and shit i asked for a kid) and with relatives heavily religious. my point of view is so long as i dont need them to survive, they can go fuck themselves, ill do whatever the fuck i want. not everyone is capable of doing that though. one friend of mine admitted she was a lesbian to me, and is now married, because she couldn't disappoint her family, even though they treat her like shit, and she cut ties with almost all of them. i find that sad that thats how people think

Comment by Elicoor13
    17:54 13/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@HouseLife and alidan

What about bisexuality? Where does that come from? I mean, all of these studies are nice and all, but how can they explain bisexuality?(I know that what I'm saying is kinda off-topic, but at the same time, a good, sound scientific study on homosexuality should also include what factors into bisexuality. Since the two are semi-related, and thusly should have some contributing factors(also please note that I am merely curious about whether these studies have included what may or may not factor into bisexuality)). Speaking as a bisexual, these studies are of passing interest. Also this old man is such a troll.

Comment by alidan
    14:33 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

HouseLife
    04:17

when i say logical i mean useing your brain over hormones and other such things, its not illogical, but at the same time not logical.

i don't believe hormones have the largest effect over all at least while they baby is developing, however we would never get the ok to to dose fetuses in the womb, to see if they got the gay afterwards. don't get me wrong i know hormones can be a powerful thing, look at any well don't tranny before and after shots and its clear, but its also clear that they were men before the hormones, increases in estrogen can make the bad boy testosterone ball more attractive to you, but even before they had the extroren they were attracted to males. and because of the more attractive lesbians, i couldn't say that testosterone on their side makes them like women. and if a developing brain was that moldable by hormones alone homosexuality would be far more than 10%

the gay pride parade, o wow, i can accept that, its an extreme and its fun for them. but the problem is that some of them dress and act that way all the time. the parade forced people to accept them more and more, but the problem with gay community is some of the flaming nature of some of them. i dont get why some insist on doing shit that way, i never will. i mean i like halloween but im not dressing like my favorite monsters year round.

Comment by Astray Flame
    08:59 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@anon 07:38 08/12/2010

That is so true because I use to work with a guy like that. He says he's not gay, but makes a lot of gay jokes, such as taking it up the ass when thing don't go right at work.

Comment by Shuubi
    09:40 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Just like it's hilarious to see the conservative sheep get all mad and leave comments they seem to think are witty.

Comment by HouseLife
    11:40 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon 07:01

If you read my statement, I said they were exploring the prospect. I wasn't projecting any certainties, but honestly when I heard it, it made the most sense of any argument I had ever heard.

The reality is no creature in the history of nature will ever come into EXISTENCE as homosexual, as that would directly counter its further propagation. However being BORN homosexual is another matter. Obviously there are those who are homosexual by experiences in life, but the brain has been shown to have differences in homosexuals regardless of experiences, and they've been trying to trace it.

Let's face it, understanding homosexuality is beneficial in many ways, just as it's beneficial to be understanding of racial differences for diseases, such as black people are more susceptible to certain diseases than white and hispanic people and vice versa, same for any race of people.

In recent years, the issue has become that homosexuals have had to build a wall as they've come out en masse and tried to become equal members of society as they deserve, just like women before them. But also just like women before them, the militant lesbian no longer has a place in our society as a benefit, because unlike before, when said personality was a necessary force for the betterment of women, now she comes off merely as a 'whining bitch.'

Homosexuals are going to hit a similar wall if they haven't already. They aren't special, they're just homosexual, and human just like everyone else. They were projected as being special in the late 90s and early 00s with all the gay shows showcasing, but now there are, for lack of a better term, 'flaming fags' that are detrimental to their furthering their cause. There are 'gay' people and then there are 'fags,' following the same Chris Rock logic of "there are 'black people,' and then there's 'niggas.'" The latter in both examples are both not helpful to either society's acceptance and we all know it, as do they.

Comment by alidan
    16:33 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

HouseLife
    16:01

"sexuality is in fact caused by multiple aspects of their growth for better or worse"

i have to agree and disagree with you there, what you said may be true, but the way you meant it probably isn't.

i honestly think that anyone who says they will never or could never be attracted to the same sex is a closed minded mental invalid, at the same time gay people who could only imagine themselves with the same sex, or fem nazies are on the opposite side, but equally closed minded and equally mental invalids.

lets take it this way. i'm attracted to feminine form, a decent face, and lack of facial/body hair. i have seen men on the internet and in real life that i would be attracted to, but the majority of what i like are women. im assuming that with 90%+ of the people in the world its roughly the same, at least what they are attracted to, they look at the body and face first, see if they like it and go to see if the personality is right.

now for me at least if that body face and personality happed to have a penis attached to it, i really doubt i would care.

now for most people they would probably at some point like kids, and they want a kid that comes from part of them and their partner, well that cant happen from men to men yet but is possible from women to women. so thats one deturant. and another is they just cant imagine that rubbing their pussies together, or taking it in the ass can feel good, women cum more from rubbing than penetration as it is already, and men have a prostate which i know from my right hand and a lubricant can bring one hell of an orgasm (you masturbate over 40000 times in a 13 year period of time and tell me you dong get board of the same old thing every day)

my point is i believe that gay or straight has less to do with being brought up a certain way, or raised a certain way, than it has to do with most people are so fucking scared of exploring themselves to know what would feel good. some men are attracted to more masculine figures, while many women (i believe some studies said 50% were open to a lesbian experience) are attracted to a mix of feminine and masculine appearance.

Comment by HouseLife
    17:07 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Good points all. When it comes to sexuality, you were speaking more aesthetic, I was speaking on a much deeper spiritual and biological level. Literally our biology calls for certain things in the realms of procreation. I too am attracted to the male form, and I am interested in it as an artist. I consistently do life drawing and find dynamism and beauty in the male form. I was also gay in my teens for a short time, and still feel respect for the male form, but I will never be gay, and never will seek it because there's not even an inkling of going further than treating the male form like a piece of art.

I found out later that doctors have determined that during puberty when hormones are in overdrive, it's actually quite common for adolescents to experiment. I've determined that before the age of reason happens between 10-13, the vast majority of our thoughts are based on A+B=C logic, until afterward, when we gain complex thought processes based on enough experience and brain growth. Those basic thoughts combined with new body changes of course lead to such experiments.

Either way, I find it hard to consider what you say regarding kids. Nothing in that section makes sense, as women cannot have kids naturally. I was speaking entirely from our biological imperative. Our biology isn't aware of cloning or artificial insemination, it goes by nature. Heterosexuals' base functions can't suddenly be programming "Oh by the way, we can clone now." Homosexuals' biology MUST be adjusted to crave the same sex, there are chemical patterns and synapses that form for that purpose. So through however many methods exist, be it womb, events, etc. those pathways get rewritten or develop differently.

It has nothing to do with fear, the fear comes when you already have the desires to explore and then make a conscious choice to do so or not based on how you've been programmed in upbringing and such. The desires, however, come from somewhere else entirely.

Comment by HouseLife
    16:01 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You are talking from the exact defensive position that is detrimental to the gay communities now. Being gay comes from somewhere, and those studies you mention many of them are in fact true, just used irresponsibly. No matter what gay people wish heterosexuals to believe, there is a fundamental feeling from the perspective of people who DO procreate that homosexuality is in no way beneficial to them. This isn't an attack, nor is it gay bashing, it's a fundamental fact from the biological perception of heterosexuals. They're not against homosexuals intrinsically, they just have no use for them as a sexual being. You will never really get much better from heterosexuals than "You can do whatever you want, just leave me alone about it please" because it honestly is of literally no benefit to heterosexuals. If that's not enough, then they're simply asking too much. Homosexuality will never be a special situation, nor will it become something majestic. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less. It's something that heterosexual people can accept and even respect, but unless there is scientific evidence for it, the majority can't be given a conduit with which to understand it as natural.

You'll find both sides of the same coin even after the science is established: those who will attempt to 'cure' homosexuality as if it somehow is a disease, and those who will use the knowledge to see homosexuality with more natural understanding. But if homosexuals cannot understand that their sexuality is in fact caused by multiple aspects of their growth for better or worse, then they will be in constant denial, and merely cause even heterosexuals like myself who WANT to listen and respect and understand to throw up our hands and just go 'fine, whatever, just leave me alone about it."

Comment by Majineko
    09:12 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

who cares genetically different is win. that ol man can eat a dick lolz

gramps is probably too old and/or inept and/or stubborn to have an e-mail address so well have to do this the old fashioned way:
    stuff his mailbox with some quality yaoi

im not a great fan of gays either, but as long as they mind their own business they sure are miles better than pig ignorant old farts
    all them queer coples seem happy enough from where i stand and if they lack anything at all its proper sexual education cos their AIDS figures are still stunning...

@shuubi - Mad? If anything, I'm laughing. Just like I'm doing right now at your comment. Try to disprove me instead of giving me minus points or responding with a worthless comment okay?

04:27 08/12/2010 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

This guy is fine.
    He is a wise man.
    Homosexualism aberration ffs.
    What proof? Homos cant have children ergo cant prolong existence of mankind.

Comment by Saunter

A more logical answer would be that children have been through some homosexual experience--sometimes involuntarily--and enjoyed it. Then ended up preferring it.
    edit*

09:28 08/12/2010 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

Homosexuals are indeed genetically defective and pitiful. Same as mental retardation and any other deformity a person may be born with. They are all in small percentages after all thus abnormal/defective. Also, it's hilarious to see the politically correct sheep get mad at this guy for stating the truth.

04:34 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

He probably keeps getting re-elected the same way that the local mayor in my town keeps getting re-elected. The guy's a total crook, uses city money to fund fancy globe-trotting vacations for his family, wastes city money on projects that don't even address the problems he's claiming they'll fix (and cause larger problems in the process), insists all council meetings be closed doors and exclude the press, and generally runs the city like his own dictatorship. And every election, we get a line-up of freaks and racists running against him that make him look less evil/weird. Seriously - one guy who ran against him wore a chicken costume. Another was an unemployed alcoholic, who promised to sober up somewhat if elected. One year we had a pair of interchangeable racist Mohammads - can't remember their family names, but they had nearly identical campaign platforms, that only a muslim was qualified to be mayor and enact proper Sharia Law (in Canada!) to punish the sinful non-muslims, and that the current mayor wasn't fit to be mayor because he's a traitor to all muslims. (The current mayor is not only not muslim in the least, he doesn't have any relatives who are muslim either.) Also, they both stated that that other Mohammad was not sufficiently muslim to be mayor. Against competition like that, the crook you know sounds better every time a new candidate arrives. (I voted for the Chicken man. At least council meetings would have been entertaining.)

We shouldn't be stunned that Ishihara was elected 3 times. We should be stunned that his competition must have been _THAT_ bad, to make him seem preferable.

06:30 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

Sugoi Monogatari Aniki

The reason for Ishihara's recurring re-elections is as simple as it's sad and alarming. The only people bothering to vote in Japan are the elderly, and even among them mostly diehard conservatives that'd rather go back to worshiping the Tennou with all the nationalistic and repressed bullshit that comes with it. The younger generations simply have no interest or even awareness of politics at all.

Comment by erochichi
    02:10 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

People needs someone in high position to look down to. Or be laughed at.

Comment by boneless
    21:28 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If this is anything like American politics, he has basically just outed himself, and started the countdown to when his own perversions are publicized.

18:53 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm, Americans elected Bush Jr. 3 times. Why can't Japan elected thus asshole mutiple times as well?

22:15 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

HEARD IT HERE FOLKS. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE KIDS YOU ARE AN ABERRATION.

Comment by Daiyousei
    19:40 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

We honestly can't really complain. People are moronic about elections everywhere; bush got re-elected and he was an utterly obvious screw-up.

23:53 10/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yay's why democracy for everyone is a bad idea. Some are not worthy of having a right to vote.

01:19 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not that hard to figure out honestly. We all know the Japanese are more xenophobic than other countries, which can lead to racism. It's also an obvious fact that the Japanese generally dislike most other Asians more than say your average American or European.

This isn't that different from when Bush got presidency...twice. General Americans hate towards the Afghans and Iraqi's during the time, brought Bush to power again.

The only Japanese that would complain are the otaku's really. The rest who voted Ishihara had the same sentiments as that racist intolerant tard to begin with. After the fiasco with China, he rounded up plenty of racist support fodder for the future.

Comment by BlaqCat
    07:05 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

This douche managed to get elected 3 times? Wtf japan...wtf...

Comment by Hatsune Miku
    08:09 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

Get off the stage, old man

Comment by King Tiger
    04:40 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

"about the only thing more alarming than a person in his office persistently making such rash public statements is that the people of Tokyo actually continue to elect him – three times so far."

>_>

I don't even.....

Comment by TheBeast
    11:01 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

i got this feeling... he is going to *** soon...

05:01 08/12/2010 # ! Drivel (-0.9)

but doesnt change fact that homos are mutants , it involves gene deletion

Comment by Saunter
    05:23 08/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.5)

You're retarded. Way to say another ignorant hate statement.

09:40 08/12/2010 # ! Drivel (-0.7)

Way to be a good little sheep.

16:11 08/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

homos must be all send to Auschwitz! Or in some Siberian mine.