akiko-uemura-rip.jpg

The classmates who drove a 12-year-old girl to hang herself with the scarf she knitted as a gift for her mother with their bullying attended her funeral and delivered a tearful eulogy, but made no mention of the cause of her death.

120 people attended the funeral of Akiko Uemura, including her entire class of 38 – the very class which drove her to suicide by excluding her and saying her Filipino mother was a “gorilla” and so was she.

The child selected as class representative gave a tearful address – “I’ll never forget the time we spent together since you transferred in.” His address pointedly avoided mentioning the cause of her death – “It’s very sad when someone suddenly passes away. I hope she rests in peace.”

The principal repeated his innocent platitudes: “We put you through an ordeal at school. I swear to Akiko that this will never happen again.”

Her father was exceptionally gracious where the children were concerned, telling her “You were all alone at school, but today everybody came for you.” He was less restrained when addressing the teachers – he angrily told them “Please give me back my daughter!”

Although the media carefully avoids the macabre spectacle of a class of bullies attending the funeral of the girl they drove to suicide, 2ch is less sanguine:

This is chilling.

You lot were the ones who killed her!

They’ll never forget they killed her is what they mean. What kind of black joke is this?

If you had so many happy memories together she wouldn’t have killed herself.

What utter hypocrisy.

Why would you have a class of bullies attend her funeral? Is her father crazy?

He was giving them one last chance to apologise for what they did to her.

He knows the faces of the children who killed his daughter – you know what comes next.

The worst one is the father who married a Fillipino woman!

You’re another elementary schooler?

When these kids grow up, when they have their own children, they’ll remember seeing the father here. Keep blaming yourselves!

They wouldn’t even eat dinner with her! Cute kids.

That’s probably just what the teacher had them say.

Shameless.

Having the kids who drove her to suicide attend her funeral and deliver a tearful eulogy – what an astounding farce.

14:23 27/10/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

...and so Battle Royale was invented.

23:59 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that rule has to be made right now!!!!!!!!!!

14:13 27/10/2010 # ! Good (+0.8)

"Hello children, I'd like to play a game . . . "

*SAW music plays*

:D Seriously though, the father should definitely do it.

Comment by SOTER
    17:02 27/10/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

"Hello children, I'd like to play a game... You all have dirty panties give it to me and then We'll play..."

Comment by Schrobby
    20:21 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You were bad girls. I have to punish you.
    (Some priest can have the shota)

Comment by dvl
    22:38 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"They called her a gorilla and tormented her to death – they better not forget this. I’ll never forget this school killed a person."

Exactly my thoughts... It's sickening to see such stuff go on in the world.

22:37 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with 2 chan.Except for this.
    The worst one is the father who married a Fillipino woman!

09:30 17/02/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, Don't blame the father..Racist Asshole.

00:06 21/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

"The worst one is the father who married a Fillipino woman!"
    The one who said that was a 2ch netizen... Anon 22:37 isnt blaming the father... stupid retard.... read properly..

22:19 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is the father angry at the teachers instead of those bullies in the class?Those teachers are not at fault.Those bullies are.He seems to forgive them easily and think that they are really sorry.Maybe they are.But why he blamed the teachers instead of blaming the bullies?

07:11 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

because the teachers are supposed to be the ones to discipline the bullies so the leave the person they're picking on alone... little kids (and plenty of uneducated adults) dont tend to understand the nature of how cruel their actions can be, so unless someone in a role of authority puts the smack down on them, they'll never learn.

22:24 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That would have been the perfect opportunity to openly address the bigotry and hypocrisy of the Japanese society. Most Japanese people are cowards and would never publicly say anything that could make them "loose face", but that father has already lost his daughter because of some random fuckheads.

Seriously, i would have used the occasion to make some heads roll.

22:32 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Darkrockslizer, dont belittle people just because your experience of bullying was different. To be honest, emotional bullying can be a lot worse than simply being beaten up. Bruises heal over time, but being mad to feel like you are a worthless piece of shit everyday, that never heals.

22:26 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is the father hostile to the teachers while gracious to the children?They are the bullies who are at fault not the teachers.

00:43 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I knew she was half-filipino.

I'm a filipino too so I kinda get sad over this news but its not like we can do anything about it.I actually know a lot of hot half filipina girls,seems like half~ties(especially half~filipinas and sumthing else)really looks good,actually better than those full europeans or colombians.The very reason I felt a bit shocked towards this.Well too bad for her.

00:55 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

those BRATS should be required to DAILY visit her grave an personally be responsible for keeping it clean

00:12 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Everybody hates us Failipinos

Come on! That's how you all feel right?

We're the most disgusting people

no wrong. we're some kind of shit humunculi

You all happy now?

Comment by moqadmodar
    00:54 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

no, i'm sure malaysian are hated more in the region, currently.

and there's Papua New Guinea, too

and there's East Timor

why would we be hating you guys? uh-uh...

14:51 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Rather than homoculi I can call us "pirates of race". We live at the heart of East Asia and, being a center of everything asian, race and culture mix. Can you believe that a priest used Fung Sui to find a location for a church, and at Metro Manila area too... LOLZ!

20:20 08/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, and you still don't get why everyone hates you? Fillipino people are so bigheaded that it's unbelievable.

09:32 17/02/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Oi, That's how they roll, DEAL WITH IT!!! XD

01:51 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Part of the reason they hate Filipinos, is well, too many Filipinos hide illegally in their country.

20:10 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

never forgive, never forget! btw that girl look ok, aloe beauty then most jap girls.

Comment by SolidSnack
    20:14 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

this kid of shit is one of the reason why I somehow agree with Light.

and I think the girl's father is honing a billhook or a machete right now...

20:30 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

as a person, I will not allowed such bullying issues anymore, even her mother was a Filipino, I was a Filipino too.

Commiting suicide is one of the most problems for children and teens due to such as depression

I fell sorry for her, may she rest in peace and go to a better place, I hope the bullied forgive the victims mother for such a criticism

00:40 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

was a Filipino? did you gave up on being a Filipino too?

Comment by Zanosuke_Kurosaki
    19:41 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow. I haven't seen this much hypocrisy in a while. And this is an election year over here, too. So that's a big thing, when a bunch of kids can manage to make a bunch of shrivelled up old pricks look like they need to catch up...

19:49 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Dad's Nihonjin and Mom is Pinay? That's Megumi Nakajima! (Macross Frontier's Ranka Lee!) Malicious little fuckers.

19:49 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm learning new heights (or lows) in being absolutely evil.

Comment by Sukunai
    21:49 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd like to think this is just some sort of Japanese problem, but unfortunately it isn't.

And I can say that as a parent and know that I know what I'm talking about. I've seen my son dealing with it.

He's an ordinary typical white Canadian school kid and in no way identifiable as being unique.

And the schools offer the same fucking lame response.
    Too much of either the law doesn't care, or the school is just plain uninterested in getting involved.

Shootings in schools was non existent when I was a kid.
    Today it seems too common.
    Maybe we've taken too much power of punishment away from the schools for our own good.

But this much I know, the Japanese inability to accept anyone non Japanese is about as fucking retarded as the French in Quebec thinking they're special. They're not. Their society is doomed if it doesn't start accepting the world has changed since the feudal eras.

Comment by Usagi-sempai
    01:32 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope these fuckers are haunted by her memory everyday of the rest of their lives. When they grow up and are living a empty existence, remembering back to their childhood days, and they remember her. And that memory haunts them to the point of madness and they take their own life, like they made her do.

21:39 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Someone has to kill those little shits. If it was my daughter I would hunt them down, or wait till they got kids and have my revenge then.

Comment by Elc
    22:18 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

right... take revenge by involving people unrelated to the situation... that TOTALLY makes sense...

15:47 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Stfu before you talk... He's right! It's called justice.

07:07 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hmm kinda sorta does.. like 'an eye for an eye' thing.. you killed my kid.. i'll laugh and let you feel the pain i did as i kill yours? that kind of misdirected anger sends a message.. even if it isnt exactly moral.

21:14 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oddly enough, Akimoto Sayaka from AKB48 who's also a mix of Fillipino and Japanese seems to be extremely fine being idolized as the "gorrila" and machowoman of the group.

02:51 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think racism and xenophobia are more concentrated in less known prefectures in Japan.

I still have hope for that nation if they don't kill another foreigner child in 5 years time, and if it doesn't happen in their major cities.

21:23 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Kids these days -.-'

Bullies are actually a good thing in school. They help you GROW UP through a bit of force. If you get annoyed to the fact that you want to kill yourself because of them means that you aren't mature enough OR you will never grow up.

In this case I say that the movies and stories gave the girl the idea of killing herself. Sad but true, movies are not a very good thing if you don't follow the AGE RECOMMANDATION of some movies. Btw that girl must have been some horror movie lover from the way she killed herself.

00:45 28/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Never replace discipline over delinquency. And people are different. We aren't all born with the ability to adapt to our surrounding fast some people need help and that's why there are schools right?

As far as maturity goes. Again, people aren't born uniquely. We have people like this because we don't care enough to know why. It would be his fault to acting rashly but we could have prevented it if we cared enough.

07:53 29/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

eww, yucky flips.. the niggers of asia

00:24 30/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

and so your kind dictates.

01:16 09/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

How was it in hell when you slipped out, you fucking bastard?

21:30 14/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

dont worry, he'll be given a ticket to the train to hell.

06:07 29/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This post gave me Cancer

05:42 29/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck you

I find this hilarious!

21:29 14/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

congratulations on having a first class ticket on the train to hell.

00:04 30/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually not many people in asia like filipino. Since the whole hong kong hostage situation, filipino have it hard in here too, eg having fish thrown at them. There is a large population of filipino maids in hong kong and there is occasionally of news where maid cook menstrual discharge for the children. but we should never judge the action of few as the whole population.

00:23 30/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope this is just short-term. There will be a time where the Filipino will be respected. For now, we'll get treated like this.

16:15 30/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well kid easily hurt the other and shouting something that we the older people may have no nerve to said it ........

that's why kid's are cute but scary on the same time because they can do what ever they want ............ even killing the others is easy when they want to ..

on my childhood when the people in my class bullied me because I'm fat and got really angry I will stand and take the chair or table beside me to chase them ..... well luckily I'm one of the strongest person in my class so eventually they won't bully me again because they know that I'm not fight back not because of I'm weak , but it's just troublesome to ............

06:25 01/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Inb4 "Death Bell 3"