asuka-cryin-by-moai.jpg

Storyboards from the Evangelion 2.0 movie show a scene in which Asuka was apparently hideously mutilated, having her face peeled off and pierced by “hell’s needles” – thankfully for Asuka fans, the scene was cut in its entirety.

asuka-guro-1.jpg

The storyboards in question, published officially with a variety of other production materials:

asuka-guro-3.jpg

asuka-guro-2.jpg

Fans seem to be divided as to whether the cuts were the right decision – some would have welcomed harsher or even grotesque scenes, whilst others point to a cult of Asuka worshippers who might have been adversely affected by any Asuka mutilation, or simply to fact that such a scene might have been in poor taste.

18:05 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Asuka is a fk bitch.She would be glad to just suck my dick only

03:05 24/04/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah... puking shit at Asuka from an Anon account. How very brave of you.

Comment by alex251
    18:09 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Even if they would use sketches (psycho sequence) in the movie like the storyboard looks like - it would be still a disgusting FAIL.
    I don't mind guro in a guro anime but eva...
    It would be interesting to see how many fans they would loose and what the fans would do...you can't suck more than by ruining the main character...

18:11 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Guys, Asuka didnt die... Watch the preview at the and of the credits for Gods sake, she gets an eyepatch and thats it.

Comment by SpideyPHL
    16:58 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Asuka is my favorite female character in Eva, and I personally don't like Mari too much. Still, even if she wasn't, there's a point where it goes too far. It already way crossed that in EoE, and this makes it even worse--it's bad enough they have Mari taking screentime away from both Rei and Asuka, but if they killed Asuka off ignominiously like this I'm sure there would have been...well, a backlash they're used to with Eva. Either way, they've already killed her in a spectacularly gruesome way once, no need to reinvent the wheel.

17:12 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is weird. Everyone is all "OMG I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to Asuka!"

And I just am dumbfounded. Didn't she get torn to pieces in end of eva? Didn't she get mind raped in the series?

I've seen worse happen to her.

Comment by araradude
    17:21 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Mentioned that somewhere up there, but because some hater just had to go 'Omgosh you have Japanese characters in your post, chuu weaboo!!!', all the content of my post was basically ignored and the reply chain just degenerated into a mid-school kids level quarrel .

Meh.

Anyway, yea, the poor girl has been mind-raped, her eye poked out, her hand sliced into pieces down the middle, torn apart and EATEN along with EVA02, and has her entry plug bitten and crushed.

Not to mention being stuck with the role of Eve with Shinji(ver.Wimp) as Adam...

Yup, worse have definitely happened to her...

Comment by Myballz
    16:49 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

People would hope something would happen.

Comment by Soljashy
    15:31 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

A pity. If they'd left it in, I might have been tempted watched this.

I'm not into guro as such, but I love some horror in my anime.

14:49 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Evangelion 2.0 was awesome as it is so Im not bothered that they didnt include this in it. Frankly, I have a bit of a weak stomach for guro so I am actually glad that it wasnt in the movie.

13:57 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe they are planning to put this in the next movie!

14:20 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

it was me, i actually treated this bastards if they dared include the scene, long live Asuka!

14:33 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...what?
    The ONLY thing that might have redeemed that scene for me, and they CUT it?
    Well that REALLY rustles my jimmies.

16:16 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Kill the biatch wth fire!

18:22 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And nuke her from orbit!

Comment by Ushiromiya Reiji
    16:41 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I've always hated Asuka, but that's not the reason I would have loved to see this animated.

Comment by alex251
    16:00 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF...If they would do this it would be like when moe-blobs are not virgins - Nagi, Ritsu. Fans would start to destroy their Eva stuff, brake DVDs, burn posters...
    It's horrible that they even considered it - this shows they have no idea about what fans want and why they like it...

16:02 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, her face get ripped, they talk, (it says "it's not like you" so she decided to become her old self again and puts her face back on manually) and then she seems to be back to normal.

This is the typical mindfuck-ish crazy experiences that evan is known for, i wouldn't be surprised if it had made it in.

08:35 13/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't even understand Japanese, and I was able to pick up on that. I was worried that no one else noticed, this scene would have been fine even with Asuka fans. I mean something about grabbing her face and jamming it back on is awesome.

20:35 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

so what man....

Comment by Shappa
    15:16 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Speaking of Asuka, have you guys read an Eva doujin called "Evangelion Retake"(18+)? Best freaking Eva doujin manga ever, with lots of Asuka love!!!!! And it has a very satisfying conclusion to the TV series' plot. Love live Asuka! I better see some BL between Shinji and Kaworu in the next movie, or this will cease to be Eva in my mind.

23:43 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well in a way 2.22 DID end with Kaworu "spearing Shinji from behind" Maybe its another one of those metaphors again hehe, plus his comment about "I will make you happy this time" could be read in a innocent context or a 18+ context depending on how your mind works.....:P

Comment by notarysojac
    16:00 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What a shame it was dropped - if any anime character deserved this treatment it is Asuka.

11:17 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

She was not in the least bit scared
    To be mashed into a pulp.
    Or to have her eyes gouged out,
    And her elbows broken.
    To have her kneecaps split
    And her body burned away,
    And her limbs all hacked and mangled
    Brave Lady Asuka.

Her head smashed in
    And her heart cut out
    And her liver removed
    And her bowls unplugged
    And her nostrils raped
    And her bottom burnt off
    And her penpen-- nvm

Comment by Iowa
    06:59 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know what to think about this to be quite honest. I am an Asuka fanboy to the highest level, but if it had served a purpose later on in the movies, I could have dealt with her getting annihilated, eventually

08:57 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

that would have been fucking sick. in a very good way.

09:17 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't like the new movies. I think they suck in fact..but yeah..

02:58 12/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would love to see this. It seems like an interesting scene, but wouldn't it hurt Asuka's fragile psyche even more?

18:51 14/01/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Pirate asuka must live.

10:59 08/09/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Not my beautiful Asuka! Noooooo!

03:01 14/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

beyond tasteless

Comment by El Chaos
    09:10 12/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What a pity, it looked like it would have been radical. It'll still be years or even whole decades before any other female Japanese animation character worthy of such a scene shows up...

13:33 12/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would of welcomed a horrible mutalation of this bitch,Ive never liked her.

But eh Im bias to Rei

20:48 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's because people shouldn't fap to mutilated Asuka.
    On the other hand, they shouldn't fap in the theater as well...

02:00 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If Asuka's path were to follow such a hideous direction, then it would have been really interesting.

Main characters must suffer.

This is no mind rape. Is just cool entertainment, but some are unable to take it in full mind integrity.

01:52 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My nerves can only take so much mind-rape by Evangelion every new movie iteration. And i'm still in shock over the first movies from all those years ago.

Having said that, i'm glad the screen writers held themselves back a bit for that scenario.

09:13 25/05/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

no kidding. she was already horribly mutilated in the theatrical finale

Comment by RaspberryKisses
    02:36 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

never saw evangelion and clearly it's not or me. i will go back to my slice of life and moe comedies now.

02:50 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If it damages the cult of Asuka worshippers then I'm all for it.

00:19 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Should have gone ahead & ignored the otaku, nothing but a pathetic bunch of scumbags.

Comment by Tateha
    10:22 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

this is pretty brutal and in bad taste.

i expect something like this from a horror movie or maybe even HNK but not on eva and asuka, psychological horror is what I'm expecting from eva, not the night of the living dead.

Comment by ZombieMan
    16:28 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree. . . I like gore and shocking scenes, but I hate when people use gore or rape just to try to be edgier. . .

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    10:25 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Zombie Asuka...

*laughs*

As much of a Guro Enthusiast...I love psychological horror and mindf*ck more than physical horror and torture...

Silent Hill has taught me that~

It would be awesome to see her go batsh*t insane while pissing herself and shouting gibberish~

Upon closer inspection of the above pictures, her OWN RIPPED FACE smiles evilly at her...Now that's some psychological horror right there...

Comment by wiredhuman
    21:41 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

amen

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    23:37 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha, I laughed at the naive people who gave me a negative without studying the storyboards...

HER OWN FACE IS SMILING AT HER!!!

Just take a closer look before you give me a negative...

Comment by cupcake_deluxe
    10:08 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

:O Ooh Storyboards~ <3

Well, I don't see how the scene would have been that much of surprise in a show like this.

10:46 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's too soft, her boundless bitchy-ness would plot-armor her alive.

10:44 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Cool idea and all..
    but wouldn't fit well with that scene
    like.. at all

Comment by Tallgeese_VI
    10:33 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh, why not ? Evangelion is meant to mind fuck we all.

Comment by DirtyPair
    10:56 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah mindfuck but not corporal violence.