himura-kenshin.jpg

Japanese actor Takeru Satoh, known best for a series of roles in drama, has been identified as the most likely actor to play the role of Himura Kenshin in a rumoured movie adaptation of hit Shonen Jump bakumatsu era samurai manga Rurouni Kenshin.

takeru-satoh.jpg

One unnamed source connected with the film reports that the Rurouni Kenshin film is going ahead, and that Satoh has the role.

Satoh has “just the right look, and there aren’t many actors with the right image for Kenshin” he says. Satoh himself has already trained in cinematic swordplay for an earlier samurai role.

Another source supposedly validates this:

“Back when it had just ended serialisation there was talk of a movie adaptation, but back then manga being adapted to film wasn’t something you really saw much, unlike now.

Add to this the fact that CG technology wasn’t very good… CG tech has come a long way since then. As a result, the movie was suddenly decided upon recently.”