“I Was Busted for Upskirt Photography”

waitress-upskirt-by-kotobuki-utage.jpg

Whilst often reported tersely in newspaper stories the nation over, the crimes of petty perverts are rarely reported from the perpetrator’s perspective – the below interview seeks to rectify this, asking a voyeur jailed for taking upskirt photos of girls about his motivations and techniques…

The exchange, between the convicted pantsu peeper and various denizens of 2ch:

Fined $3,500.

How old? Job?

27, IT. Lost my job because of all this. Wasn’t dismissed though – just had to quit for other reasons.

What did you snap?

Upskirts in a Shinjuku department store.

What now?

I’ll be a NEET as I have some savings.

After 3 months I can go on the dole and that’ll pay my rent… then I might look for a new job.

My real name was reported, but it’s the same as a sportsman so if I’m Googled it should be OK.

You habitual?

This was my first time getting caught. But as for upskirts, I’ve been doing it since high school.

So it’s the excitement of the criminal act?

Well, you watch it on Winny and so on, but it’s totally different. Taking the pictures and then taking them home to check if it went well is incredibly exciting.

As far as crimes go, taking upskirt pics is about the most pathetic one out there, honestly.

Yeah, I couldn’t even tell the other people in the cell what I was in for. Told them it was for fraud. Some old guy in for assault told me I was pretty good at lying…

You’re a total tool. Don’t you think it was inexcusable?

Well, I’ll stick with downloading movies for a bit.

For a bit? You’re going to do it again?

When I used a pinhole lens I was never caught, so when things have cooled off I might try that again. For some sad virgin like me, that’s all I have to live for.

Why were you caught?

Basically because I was fiddling with the camera. I wouldn’t get near to the subject, but soon its boyfriend came out of the toilet and started watching me, and I got caught.

You made the news? Local newspaper?

Yomiuri I think. On the 30th page of Google at the moment.

They print your face? If you’ve been at since high school I bet you are grotesquely ugly.

Just the name. My face is a real eyesore. I’m a rank virgin. Seeing this girl I liked go home with a nice looking girl, and then seeing an upskirt video, were the impetus. It’s all her fault.

Tell us how you were caught.

I was peeping. → Boyfriend came out of toilet: “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” → My lens was discovered → 119 →I though I’d run off but her boyfriend was huge and then 3 police came → I was taken to the station.

My friend was busted recently. What happens with the arrest process, how long until you get to speak to counsel?

In my case:

Arrest, prosecution, detention (20 days), simple trial, fine, release. Maybe if you apply for counsel you can get it any time, I don’t know.

What did your parents say?

Mother: I’ll keep giving you an allowance so keep at it!

Father: Well, if you do that you’ll end up caught.

Honestly I think they are spoiling me a bit with level of niceness.

Your parents are total scum aren’t they?

How were you caught? I want to try so give me some tips.

Warnings:

Never make eye contact with the subject.

Avoid trains – no place to run if caught.

Use a pinhole camera, they sell them in Akiba.

Do it in a spot where it’s natural for people to stand, like the back of a conbini.

Was this a fine plus jail or…?

Fine only… I thought I’d be given a suspended sentence or something as it was a first offence, but when they saw the size of my collection it became a fine.

I’m guessing the boyfriend was the worst part…

It was harsh. He was holding me with one arm whilst he abused me, and worse yet everyone was looking at me.

Didn’t you want to run?

The boyfriend was hard, then shop employees came and surrounded me and I couldn’t get to the elevator. I’ve actually been caught and run off OK four times before.

[…]

I had 120 tapes of an hour each. They were all confiscated and that was a bigger shock than being arrested!

You ever do it on a loli? What age ranges?

Not interested in them. My strike zone is middle school girls to house wives.

You’re really weird, treating this like it was nothing. I’d be considering suicide.

I’ve got savings, my real name’s relatively safe on Google, and I quit myself. Those are the reasons. If it was the first hit on Google I might have killed myself by now.

You don’t regret it at all, do you?

Not really. I’m scum, and nobody really got hurt, or something like that.

Thank you all for sticking with a lowlife like me for so long.

02:15 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Save your collection, upload it

06:06 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Uploading anything on the internet, pretty much means distribution, which never looks good in a case file...

01:39 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The statement that's the most pathetic out of this whole thing? Blaming his whole obsession on "Seeing this girl I liked go home with a nice looking girl, and then seeing an upskirt video, were the impetus. It’s all her fault."

...Yeaaaaah, buddy, you popping your tiny boner over an upskirt video after seeing a girl you like go home with what was probably a friend, is really what set you down this path that you chose completely of your own free will.

He's trolling with this, totally and utterly.

Comment by smorki
    03:05 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He blamed it on the woman, gasp, that is SO unexpected!

This is so commonplace I'm even desensitizing myself to it... urgh...

Comment by LanceRayne
    03:00 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*yawn*
    i'll stick to the 2D

06:04 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The guy is brutally honest, got to give him some credit for that. Too bad that's the best he figures he can do with his life.

04:33 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"If it was the first hit on Google I might have killed myself by now."

google, the killer of perverts. XD

03:17 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Beauty is in the eye of the hidden camera.

Comment by darkkimsei
    03:54 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He's not a rapist so I consider this a misdemeanor. He paid his fine and if caught again goes to jail. All good. I know I am going to get chew for this but when I was reading post and the interview I was wondering how many women did not wear underwear. I would have liked to have asked that question, for purely educational reasons. Any ideas?

Comment by kache
    07:52 20/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Using upskirt photographers for a social survey.
    The new way of making perverts useful to society... O_O

Comment by Firetribe
    01:22 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You clearly have self-esteem issues.

Just wait until you spend some real time on the inside and meet some real scum.

Comment by DFC
    00:27 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If he leased out some of those content he might even have more savings. As long the girls' faces aren't captured this would most probably be one of the more harmless sex related crimes around.
    Tapes... this guy sure is hardcore and oldschool.
    Saying strike zone makes it so professional :3

Comment by ventlus
    00:09 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well at least he accepts hes scum, i honestly can say i kind of respect him

00:55 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

A guy to look up to, no doubt

01:03 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

3D up-skirt is so uninspiring...

Compare this article's picture with the related article thumbnails at the end of the article,

18:17 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why are they calling the parents scum? It sounds to me like his ma wanted to ignore it and act as if this never happened and his dad gave him fair warning. Just because you don't blow up at your kid doesn't mean you're bad parents.

Comment by 711
    23:50 20/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

27 is not too late, if he really thinks he is scum the sob should just start eating less (or more), go to a gym and buy some new clothes... loosing virginity at 30-ish is not cool, but as long as you are not 40 it's not impossible and definitely beats going trough life with nothing but 2D (which I also LOVE, but real sex IS real sex) ><

...also, suicide can be an option but it's not for the weak of heart... weak of mind perhaps (some dumb people jump at the possibility too harshly) but definitely takes some balls to "do-it yourself", even if it's an escape it's not something that goes easily down the throat since we are biologically engineered to protect our own survival first of all.

10:15 02/07/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Got to say i got respect for a guy who is man enough to admit he did wrong and be calm and collected in a society that would beg you to kill yourself. I say give the piper has dew, dude is a cool japanese if he did surgery he could properly get the biggest harem in japan.

12:05 11/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The police took his collection. That must really suck.

07:45 23/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Comment by Eddyak:

"Most women don't -know- your a virgin unless you tell them"

LOL, You are a virgin aren't you ^0^

Most women will know you were a virgin if it's your first time either after or during the fun. The point is that it'll be already too late for them. They wont know it until they do it with you.

Most of the virgin-men are such because of the clothes and hairstyle. Also getting a job would be nice(even part-time). It's not true that women care mostly for the look. It's more the matter of the way you speak, your manners, whether you are polite and not aggressive, self-confidence and such.

He's saying that he's a scum and that he is so pathetic but with a bit of determination he would be able to do miracles with girls. No matter the looks.

Well, if he doesn't have a half of his face I may be wrong but if he's just fat it's really not a problem: he just needs to be clean (hair too >_<) and have a sense of humor. And of course get out of his room and not give up after first fail.

The problem is that he accepted his pathetic-ness and learned to live with it instead of trying to change it - that's sad.

Comment by motaku96
    12:39 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Inami-chan~ <3

07:38 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

he's a bit self depriciating IMO i call BS to be honest

06:38 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol, he does it for the fun and excitement :3, I don't think he actually cares that much about the pictures.

except that all his work was "confiscated" ._.

06:13 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

this article is worthless without pictures!

08:44 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Scum?! He's my hero!

10:20 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

he is 27, same a me.
    he is a sad virgin, same as me.
    he is ugly, same as me i guess.
    for 27 years of my life, i never had a girlfriend.
    but he brave and strong will, unlike me.

12:47 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Same bro. I'm all of these things. ~~ FUCK THIS GAY EARTH ~~

Say it with me.

10:29 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd get angry too if somebody tried to snap a peek of my girlfriend. I'd just delete the pics he made and let him off though, no need to make a big fuss about it and girls wear short skirts by choice.

Comment by kache
    07:49 20/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Also because, that means that someone else recognized the beauty of your gf, which boosts your ego to impressive levels... :D

Comment by 711
    23:52 20/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

All true... this girl's boyfriend must be an insecure mofo to think something as trivial as a virgin wanting to take a peak of your gf is something to fuss about.

...also, I am yet to meet a girl that does not feel pride of herself (and mostly enjoy) for being sought after (or a boy for the matter of effect).

03:30 09/06/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

ya its the boys fault if they dont visit the gym and then get beaten up by a bigger one.

Comment by ScarredBushido
    23:17 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what a stupid ass lol

18:50 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He's more like the paparazzi than anything else. If he never hurt anyone (even mentally), I don't see anything too bad to get arrested over for a long time. So I think his sentence was generally fair. Now the actual paparazzi are stalker-grade assholes. They should be the ones getting arrested for invading private activities that should stay private. (no pun intended at all)

Comment by Ciscotaku
    19:54 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

and whatever happened to freedom of press?

22:04 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What about it? Are you saying the paparazzi is a part of the press? Really now? What possible reason could you have for presenting information on any personal detail of the daily lives of any person? There is no value in it except that which belongs to the person themselves, which they have as full rights in presenting for themselves if they want to or not. The press can only gain information based on what people present. However, if information that is private is stolen and used for the paparazzi's personal ends, then you are legal presenting their own possessions, therefore, they are stealing and infringing upon their rights.

There is a reason a lot of countries outright ban them while still holding true to the freedom of the press. Besides, even if they aren't stealing, their information they present is junk. It has no use for any real investment anywhere except gossip circles which manipulate "facts" for their ends.

00:43 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The service provided by the paparazzi has value in that people are willing to pay for it. Simple as that.

That doesn't mean that what the paparazzi do is morally or ethically sound, but the American public have decided with their dollars that invading the private lives of celebrities is a worthwhile endeavour.

Comment by Gitami
    01:13 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Occasionally they might get a politician but they'd mostly sell the reel back to the politician since that's how paparazzi industry operates.

Comment by alex251
    19:08 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If he would manage to hide a mini camera into his shoes he would be a lucky pervert with no problems :)
    And next time when a fucking boyfriend tries to capture him, just kick the bastard into the balls...

2ch-anners should give him a good advice - stick with 2D, baka :) not with that 3DPD scum. 2D won't betray you

20:09 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Kicking the guy would've been the stupidest thing to do, especially with other people surrounding him.

Comment by alex251
    21:02 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1. they surrounded him after some time, so if he would kick that bastard immediately he could run off.
    2. If he would kick him the others would think twice if they want a kick into the balls too. :)

If the guy want to continue with his hobby he should learn some karate stuff - the others wouldn't want to start a fight when they don't even know what's going on.

But still the best solution is 2D...

23:07 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...so you hide a mini camera in your shoe and then kick the guy in the balls.....using your shoe? I suppose you could use your other foot, but the true lucky pervert would sport mini cameras in both shoes. ;)

Comment by Ghostchase
    18:48 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"I’ll be a NEET as I have some savings." Good job man!

18:37 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Where is the photography?

Comment by JJ
    18:02 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate him, he makes me feel like scum too. What a scumbag.

22:05 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He is just being true to himself...which makes him A lesser than you.

20:43 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah. How dare he be so casually open about hobbies we all keep secret.

18:34 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Such great bravery and skills coming from him can be defined as ''Awesome''

20:00 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's just stupid if he has money or had in his case why didn't he spend it on bitches or even schoolgirls, they sell themselves pretty cheap in Japan.
    That would have certainly solved his obsession.

06:10 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

he didn't have THAT much money!

19:45 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Its boyfriend..."