MangaGamer Announces More KiraKira, Higurashi, 50% Sale

kirakira-curtain-call.png

MangaGamer has announced it will be publishing English versions of KiraKira Curtain Call, a sequel to the original, and that it is now up to the 6th chapter of Higurashi.

In addition, for a limited period it is holding a sale with prices on a range of titles reduced by as much as 50%.

The new KiraKira is set to be released on the 30th, whilst the new Higurashi is due on the 15th.

Edelweiss Fantasia, a fandisc for the original Edelweiss, was also released recently, and is available in a bundle with the original at a reduced price.

Both come in the usual MangaGamer format of uncensored imagery and English text with Japanese audio, where appropriate (Higurashi lacks voice or ero).

The sale itself is a fairly substantial one with titles going for as much as €25 off their usual prices, and covers “school-related” titles, but only lasts until the 7th so those wishing to take advantage will want to be quick and visit their site, which also has free demos for those unsure about the quality on offer.

18:13 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What about Koihime Musou?

11:18 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Their current plan is to not censor any of Koihime+Musou. Even the lolis.

11:24 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Cosplay Aliens translation was pretty bad.

12:05 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Cosplay Alien was pretty bad no matter how you look at it.

12:25 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Here's hoping that MangaGamer will someday work on games from Unisonshift and Lass..

16:20 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

at least mangagamer has balls unlike Jast USA.

I will remain happy in my knowledge that nothing is going to be taken out with mangagamer games.

Comment by Imyou
    11:14 06/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In Higurashi, I read they took out a lot of the BGMs and replaced them, and removed the music room... and the staff room... and the mini-game...
    (Also, they charge over a hundred bucks for later chapters so it'll cost hundreds to get the whole story...)

So they don't redraw nudity - or rather, keep the edits they made to the sprites - but they certainly take things out.

03:00 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Kirakira, so sad... i realy loved the game... but the final... is just... sad...don´t chose kirari shino, please! T.T

09:19 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You know that there is two endings for Kirari, right? You have to play through the game and get Kirari's, Chie's, and Sarina's normal endings. Then you have to play through again, triggering all of Kirari's flags and all of the club flags.

00:08 10/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, i saved Kirari Shino, her true end is perty good.
    still a little sad, but way better than the original.
    she realy deserves a happy and rich life!

12:56 08/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

realy? there is a way to save kirari!!! my god!!! thanks!!!!! I will save that pixel girl no metter what!!!! kirari best cg game girl ever!!! T.T

08:10 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

yea that was kinda unexpected

Comment by Y10NRDY
    01:48 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's important to support the companies bringing us translated eroge. I know a cracked copy is available the minute a VN is released but if we don't pay for these goods Mangagamer & JAST won't even bother.

15:41 06/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Their Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia is good. But the old Edelweiss is quite bad done. I am glad to hear that they would patch the translation of that. That settle my mind to buy the set.

In any case, I think it's good to support legal download. I won't order physical media because of privacy.

Comment by rikarika
    07:20 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Mangagamer is awesome.

07:12 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Woot! Kirakira rocks on CG.

07:21 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's good to hear since I enjoyed KiraKira - however, their translations still suck, especially if you consider that you have to pay for them. I've seen fan translations with higher quality than Mangagamer.

07:30 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"their translations still suck"
    Oh? Have you seen translations for Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia, Higurashi Maekashi or Soul Link? I doubt you have.

Comment by H-Ero
    09:08 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Their translation for Shuffle was filled with spelling mistakes and not everything the characters said would match the written text (which made me question the accuracy of the unspoken text). I would say that many fan-groups still have better quality than Mangagamer, though Mangagamer is getting better.

09:12 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I never said anything about Shuffle, did I?

07:28 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"When you start this game for the first time, it is necessary to connect the Internet for "Activation"."

This is, why I won't ever bother to buy from them. It only works with windows and I won't ever connect to the interwebz with windows. Can't they see that this method is ridiculous in the "great age of pirates"?

21:12 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sounds like hypocrisy to me. What's wrong with cracking the game you've legally bought to play it yourself? Especially when crack doesn't touch original files at all - so you can run both legit and DRM-free versions at will. Huh?

Comment by Kai
    07:50 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Welcome to the world of PC DRM, it's not new in fact recently in fact it's gotten stricter with Ubisoft, EA, etc. needing to be connected constantly or how JAST USA used to use VirtualMate for online registration. Does it stop pirates? No but it gives the companies a sense of security. Also I would assume that 99% of hentai games are windows only so where have you been?

Comment by Artefact
    11:08 05/04/2010 # ! Transparent

It does stop pirates - Assassin's Creed II is still not properly cracked and they only have to delay piracy around the release to drastically increase sales as pirates themselves crack and buy the game. The PS3 is also an effective example of DRM remaining uncrackable.

With the Internet connectivity requirement it is possible they could drastically increase the difficulty of cracking titles - imagine if the game was randomly fetching encrypted parts of itself from the Internet, for example.

19:54 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh yeah, they can do that, but I don't care.

I wanted to buy english translated stuff, really. But if it's going to be like this, than thanks, but no thanks. It's not like I want this eroge, anyway. I rather import yet _another_ FSN from japan, since I enjoyed the translated pirated version.

09:42 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PC DRM is extremely counterproductive, as the draconian measures they take (Installation limits, constant internet connection) only damage people who actually buy the product, because the pirated versions typically have them all cut off.

07:47 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, Anon, MangaGamer's more recent work (Shuffle!, Da Capo) have much better translations/editing than their older ones. The only *real* reason the older games looked so bad was because of a lack of proofreaders, which they now have. MangaGamer has quickly gone from "meh" to being on par with other eroge licensors.

08:15 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Weren't they the ones who also censored Family Planning? Or am I completely wrong.

08:55 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That was JastUSA, and it was Family Project.

08:37 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That was JAST.

...Also, JAST's translations are actually of worse quality than MG's, they just used to have better QC.

Comment by sifian
    08:15 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually it's because the older translations were done by a squad of japanese people with moderate english fluency. Edelwiess is horrible riddled with errors, and you can actually see error consistancy within paths. (Though I really want to replay is once the translation gets fixed)

06:43 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Dont forget that they are currently reworking the translation of Edelweiss.

11:13 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

THANK GOD!

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    06:29 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Totally not advertisement

Comment by Artefact

Because promoting eroge is a completely heinous thing thing for this site to be doing?

16:14 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I say keep helping them, and damn anyone who says otherwise. Same with Funimation and anything brought over that deserves buying like a good series. I intend to purchase Negima!? and only really knew it was coming because of this site, and sales like this are good to know about because I personally want to support the spread of good eroge/visual novels in the western world that don't take an eternity to translate, and if they do a good job, I'm fine with paying. And if I can happen to get it for a bit less and still support them, all the better, as I have limited funds as well.

So advertise away, please!

Comment by GTR
    06:14 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i guess no one's buying

Comment by Lucifer
    21:09 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It turned me off to see that I have to pay in Euros.. After converting the dollars, I didn't want to pay for more. It's a shame though, I'd really wanted to get some of those games. :<

08:14 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually would if I have a job.

Comment by H-Ero
    06:13 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hopefully they also start working on the Shuffle sequel/spin-offs.

21:03 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They've announced (read staff blog) that they'll translate the whole SHUFFLE! franchise, that is Essence+, Tick! Tack! and Really? Really!. Half of Essence+ is already done as regular SHUFFLE!, so chances are we'll soon see Essence+ completion announced.
    Now if they only translate ef series... I'd be seriously tempted to bother getting credit card they accept (not so easy in my place) and buy something of theirs just to support them.
    For now we'll stick with NoNameLosers' incomplete ef fan translation.

07:17 08/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

they'll be done in a week or two
    they've translated even the fandisc too

Comment by Ota
    06:15 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Now is the chance!

Comment by Shi nai weaboo
    06:15 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is cool as long as the price is fair

09:31 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeh because 50% of overpriced is still to much.

11:11 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Just what are you comparing these prices to?

21:53 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh, Higurashi. But that's not even on sale now, all other games are much cheaper from MangaGamer.

For example, Kira costs 9,240 yen in Japan (that is $105.00 dollars) and Da Capo is of similar price.

17:25 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The Japanese versions. The games sold for around $15. And buying all 3 compilations games costs only $50.

AND you actually get physical copies. With no original soundtracks from the second game removed (What the heck, MangaGamer?).

23:42 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's true. Now the question comes why can't the do the same for Higurashi.

Comment by Canadane
    06:26 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm, my sisters name is Kira

Comment by Schrobby
    08:11 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I should meet your sister. ^_^

08:20 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So does that mean that they are selling your sister? o.O

Interesting...