8-Year-Old Transsexual Shocks Japanese School

crossdressing-schoolboy-by-hinemosu.jpg

Japanese schools are struggling to accommodate skyrocketing diagnoses of “gender identity disorder,” which have seen boys as young as 8 attend school clad in skirts and said to be “girls.”

One Saitama school has admitted an 8-year-old boy as a girl after he expressed discomfort at being treated as a boy, and was subsequently diagnosed with gender identity disorder.

His parents had the school let him attend school in a skirt, still with his original name, taking PE with girls and using toilets and changing facilities intended for female staff.

The Saitama prefectural educational board reports it has previously allowed a female high school student to register as a male, but that this is the first time it has accommodated an elementary schooler in such a fashion.

With this serving as impetus, it since surveyed its schools and found dozens of potential cases in all years of school.

A Kagoshima school in similar fashion recently allowed a 13-year-old girl attend middle school as a boy, after she expressed feelings of sickness upon wearing the typical sailor outfit. A specialist helpfully diagnosed her as having gender identity disorder.

The school is considering whether to let her change her name and use male facilities.

A therapist specialising in the disorder insists the disorder must be accommodated by schools, saying that in addition to psychological counselling simply allowing affected children to change uniforms can ease their suffering; indeed, internationally there are already moves to ban gender specific school uniforms on just these grounds.

He explains that he expects many more such children to be “coming out” in future as the process is made easier.

However, not all Japanese doctors are so enthusiastic about creating infant transsexuals. Other specialists point out that even if the diagnosis is justifiable, there is no guarantee the disorder will persist into adulthood:

“Medically diagnosing children as having gender identity disorder is a dangerous thing. Children are still growing and they do change as a result. I do think any determination must wait until after puberty.”

Parents and schools are also concerned about the adverse effects such extreme treatment may have on the future of their children.

Similar cases of pre-pubescent children being diagnosed as having “the wrong gender” in the UK and elsewhere are also seeing ever younger diagnoses, with some as young as 12 or 9 – there too, many have questioned the wisdom of making drastically life altering decisions for children at such a young age.

14:14 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I am ok with the whole letting them cross dress. I am against any sort of treatment until after puberty. If after that time they still identify as the other sex then let them get treatment at that time. If it was just a phase and they out-grow it then they will probably be outcast at their school, so may have to move elsewhere to get them to fit back in.

On a separate note I am heavily against the idea of them using the same changing room. Think about it this way....would you want something with a penis changing next to YOUR daughter, regardless of how 'it' identifies? I would forbid such a thing. Clothes are fine, but give them their own little room, or change with the boys.

Also another thing I am strongly against is if they do get the surgery to the other gender there should be some way to identify that. Treated as a the gender they became sure. But being able to hide that fact -- definitely not. Last thing many(generalization I know) want is to be 6 months into a relationship to find that the person they are courting is not the gender they appear. My personal opinion is that anything with a Y chromosome is ruled out. But short of ordering a DNA test this may become difficult to find out.

02:34 09/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

On top of having a penis, one out of every two homosexuals are not genetically inclined.
    This means that out of every two, one case is caused by molestation. Victims of sexual abuse often seek to reenact these traumas (subconsciously). I wouldn't trust somebody who believes they "should be a girl" at 8-13 around my children (naked, I'm okay with supervised interaction). This has nothing to do with intolerance, it's just a risky endeavour.
    And, identifying as a homosexual doesn't mean that one so young (and sexually confused) will not feel compulsions towards females. Sex offenders who were made into unics, as punishment, have been known to re-offend by sexually torturing others instead of flat out rape. Combine everything, and it's a risk I'm not comfortable with (however low it may be).

03:33 09/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What a load of horse shit. If that were true then all those people trying to "cure" homosexuals would be alot more successful and the rates of backsliding into the behaviour wouldn't be so high. Where do you get your "facts" from?

12:43 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's annoying to feel pressured by the PC Police to go along with every unicorns and rainbows shit they come up with. Kids can't even legally have sex until they are 18, but I'm a transgenderhomophobe because I believe they ought to hold a back a little on letting an 8-year-old decide what he wants be be, sexually? Seems to me you can't have it both ways.
    That said, I'm probably one of the very few posting here who really, actually knows a transgendered person. I've known and worked with her for over 20 years. I had a chance to see the process and it was, frankly, more rational than I expected. The clinic at Stanford required, as part of the process, that she show psychological sincerity by dressing and living as a woman for 18 months (I think it's a year, now). She told me there was an almost 80% drop out at that stage--a very thought-provoking statistic.
    During that process, she was, to be honest, rather hard to get along with. She saw homophobes and "strange looks" around every corner, even though she was, IMHO, a very convincing woman (hell, the first time I met her, when she was still living as Jim, I thought she WAS a woman at first!). One day she was bitching at me about how hard it was and how much society sucked and blah blah blah and I finally snapped and told her it was hard on her FRIENDS, too. I know we're supposed to be all supportive and agreeable but here she was whining about how hard it was for her without thinking it might be hard for others, too. These days I'd be called a homophobe for even talking back to her--how dare I!
    Anyway, she got it done, and has had a great life since then, including working in Japan!! (I don't think they ever knew.) And Janelle is a much, much happier person than Jim ever was.
    But she only felt vague discomfort with her sexual identity until she was about 24. She was actually married with a kid before that.
    She's been horrified by these recent stories out of the UK and Japan and firmly believes this sort of thing isn't a very good idea. 8 and 12 and such is just too young. A person's brain doesn't even stop developing until they are 23 or 24.

11:24 04/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

25. The decision-making center of the brain is not fully developed until 25.

Comment by Hypersleep
    19:28 04/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well said. Today's world thrives on ever-increasing lunacy. Children don't know anything about the world around them and most people don't know themselves until well into adulthood, yet we're supposed to bend a knee and accept every random combination of random gibberish that comes from the screeching hordes of perpetually aggrieved because questioning them on any level automatically makes you the worst bigot on Earth? Fuck that.

If it's a "legitimate" medical issue, deal with it and move on. However this recent explosion of gender issues reeks of anything but legitimacy.

Comment by EleutheroZeroONE
    10:59 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Remember the schoolgirl in boy's uniform Ryuunosuke Fujinami from Urusei Yatsura?

19:54 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"The Saitama prefectural educational board reports it has previously allowed a female high school student to register as a male"

Revolutionary Girl Utena, anyone?

14:03 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

uuh!! man like to be womanwoman like to be man!! Dang!! that a sign man!! a sign!! the world are going crazy!!

13:16 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The rise of traps is growing and it's good, VERY good.

Comment by dumba989
    15:42 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, pretty soon gender changing will be a choice equivalent of something as your favorite color...

19:04 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Strangely enough, i've hear worse.

20:45 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So that's the new "sickness" of fashion. Always wondered what would follow Aspergers.

Comment by Gitami
    20:55 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I blame the delineation of gender lines as a cause for these. Spice girls, girl power etc effects lingered. The age of these kids would match the effects.

18:33 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't have much of an opinion of this, but since gender segregation is so prevalent these days, it's no surprise that there's controversy.

16:03 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe the child already knows. I've felt characteristics of both genders all my life. I knew at 8 years old. It's easy for outsiders to criticise the parents, and sometimes, sadly, physcologists push the issue. But in the end it's how the individual feels about themself. 2000 years ago this wasn't an issue in many societies. The rise of judaism/christianity/islam and the ways of thinking involved influenced societies. This is how words like "unnatural" and "disorder" came into use. People need to realise this is normal. This has always been. It's just now coming back to the point where acceptance by society and the individual are ok again. And to those people that bash it: it's none of your business, keep your fucking opinions to yourself you retarded assholes. Your stupid brainwashed upbringings were a waste and you have nothing to contribute to society but pointless hate.

17:59 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Pre-teen gender identity disorder: it's the new Attention Deficit Disorder!

When I was six, my dad was freaked the hell out because I was wearing a bracelet. "What'sa matter, you think you're a girl or somethin'?"

No. I was wearing a bracelet because a female friend had given it to me, and that had made it important to me. But his attitude kinda pissed me off, so I didn't give a detailed explanation.

I'm glad he didn't rush me to a hospital to have my dick chopped off!

10:36 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If someone is mentally female and physically male, nobody has any right to harass her or try to bully her into pretending to be male.

If you are transgendered and surrounded by gobshits who refuse to acknowledge you exist and try to label you as mentally ill or an aberration, you simply have to fight the shitheads off.

And it's your body. You have every right to start hormone treatments early so that it will grow the way you want it to.

Also, girls can play with dumptrucks if they goddamn please.

Just fight off the shitheads who try to control your life. : >

01:58 12/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The hell is wrong with you? It is a child it is not old enough to make that call. And if someone's head is that fucked up they need help not your bull shit view of the world.

11:13 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Some people seem to not consider how supressing your feeling that you should be a girl even tho you were born boy could so some very serious damage. It has ruined my entire young life, BECAUSE people said it was too early for me to decide on such a thing.

Now I'm 18 and have missed everything that a "normal" teenage girl should have done because I've spent my entire young life in my room being depressed. I have no education cause I had no will to make a life with the wrong gender, and I'm too cowardly to kill myself...

Kids should get to do what they feel like when it comes to gender identity, if they like pants they like pants... Leave them be. And going about saying this and that kid is a transgender because she/he likes those clothes is too narrow minded. Give them some time to experiment with life.

Comment by BlaqCat
    12:21 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This line of thinking is far more dangerous than you seem to realize. The whole reason people shouldn't simply "lay down and accept" everything, is because, for every person like you, there could be two or more who are simply confused, or acting on impulse. Kids are KIDS, thus why you don't let them freely make life changing decisions like gender re-assignment.

Also: i've known gay kids who stayed in the closet most of their lives, that didn't keep them from participating in school, or "missing out" on things in life. Sure they weren't the happiest, but they still managed to find -some- happiness until they DID come out. Maybe they were just stronger than you...(no offense. Seriously).

Comment by EleutheroZeroONE
    11:01 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Remember Ryuunosuke Fujinami from Urusei Yatsura?

19:38 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Or Tsubasa Kurenai from Ranma 1/2.. cept he's straight.

Comment by notanother4non
    09:41 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

perhaps it has something to do with the culture, things on tv that kids get exposed to.
    and that japanese young men dont have to serve in the army(need confirmation).
    and lack of strong male(father) figures in their youth.
    or maybe it's just a curious phase that some boys go through.

Comment by Sukunai
    09:23 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Ya know, every time I see something like this, I don't react negatively to the individual with gender issues, nor the parents for being flustered not knowing what to do.

Nope, I am more than willing to spit on who has it coming to them, the fucking field of psychiatry and their fucking pathetic excuse for pseudo science.

Gender identity disorder? No that's a fucking ctrock of shit concept only a fucked in the head shrink could invent. Ranks right up there with the obsession with attention disorders.

If you have a cock you are a boy. If you have a cunt you are a girl.
    If you like boys and you are one, you are homosexual.
    If you are a girl and you like girls, you are a homosexual (lesbian by the way is just another way of saying homosexual, just as gay is not a male only term).

If you reeeeeeally don't wish to be a male, lose the cock.
    Same for the girls not wanting to be girls. You need a cock to be a male.

But considering how utterly messed up teens are to begin with, making radical choices before a person even reaches their teens is likely ill advised.

It's not the end of the world to like male or female things even if you are the opposite gender. It was society to tells us only boys can play with trucks and girls should stick to dolls.
    But dressing up a boy as a girl and a girl as a boy is even worse than telling a girl she should stick to dolls and boys can only play with trucks.

09:24 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Bad parents + confused child + Doctors of "inventions" = Trap / Reverse trap

11:14 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This isn't what GOD/JESUS wants.

The entire Japanese population should start to read the HOLY BIBLE.

It tells as clearly whats RIGHT and whats WRONG. And THIS is WRONG.

Comment by EleutheroZeroONE
    11:22 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1 - 2% of the Japanese ARE Christians!

SHUT UP!!

Comment by EleutheroZeroONE
    11:28 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

BTW, its MORALITYGEEKS like you are threatening Lolis and Shotas and other Otaku stuff!

I'm a Christian too, but at least I'm TOLERANT!!

Comment by BlaqCat
    12:15 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The bible deals in shades of grey more than you think, if you ever actually stopped to READ, and understand it instead of taking the crap your pastor shoves down your throat as "truth".

18:34 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

[citation needed]

Comment by DustyBlue
    12:03 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Let people be who they want to be. The less gender-affiliated barriers in this world, the better.

Besides, they're kids, so it's probably just a phase. And if it isn't, what harm is done?

Comment by BlaqCat
    12:09 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You don't find anything wrong with the thought that , if what your saying stuck, people could simply "change their mind" about gender like they do about clothes? Being STUCK the way you are is part of what keeps us individual don't you think?

17:34 09/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And then their are people like me who dream of looking something like a blue skinned female body builder with tentacles coming out of our backs.

what I mean is, the world is a vast place. Maybe some of the transsexuals and actually more individual than non ones. It all depends on the person really.

Comment by DustyBlue
    12:06 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally made an account. Been lurking for a long time. Sorry for the multi-posting. Browser got fucked up. Feel free to vote me down everybody. ._.

21:38 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a TRAP and everybody know that. It's a Reverse-TRAP and I just knew that. LOL

11:37 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Besides, the kids are probably just going through a phase. Even if it isn't a phase, what harm is done?

11:43 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

22:09 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

дети-трансексуалы..мда..а я то думал ,что меня ничем не удивишь.

17:45 08/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's it, I'm moving to Japan.

07:00 18/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck yeah. We need moar traps. MOAR! The traditional gender binary is soooo 20th century anyway.

04:17 03/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

you know that without a proofpic you're simply a dick

12:52 18/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This shouldn't be seen as a disorder, it is out of the ordinary yes, but not a disorder in the least. If you feel unnatural being the sex you were born as then I'd say go for the alternative, no matter what people say. It pays to be true to yourself.

05:43 03/07/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it's very offensive that this is categorized in "Mental illness".

10:55 17/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

can often be signs or even children tell their parents at the age of 2-4. ussualy it's overseen by the parents, and scoldes the child. Because of this, they ussualy come out later or kill temselves \o/

11:58 12/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

DATS ONE SEXY DICK

11:29 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

BULLSH*T!!!!!

05:18 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's all just a clever guise for him to peek at girls without any lash-back.

01:00 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"I do think any determination must wait until after puberty."

This part disturbs me. They may, on one hand, have a point. On the other hand... after Puberty is too late. It's like they're hoping the problem will sort itself out, and if it doesn't then the person is doomed to their body. Yes, you can have a sex change after puberty, but, no... it's not the same. Your body will have already changed in many ways that can't be wholly undone, whereas prior to puberty getting a sex change can result in a part more feminine result.

They just want to throw it away because someone "might" change their minds later? Never mind that it has serious impact on someone's life if they have to wait to make the change. The older you are the harder the change is.

Sorry. I realize this isn't necessarily about getting a sex change, but it certainly effects people, especially young people, that do want this.

23:15 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"whereas prior to puberty getting a sex change can result in a part more feminine result."

That's not true. You will become undistinguishable from a natural born female if you do it prior to puberty. The sexchange surgery could be postponed to a time after the legal age, so if you really change your mind you could stop taking the medicine and regain full manhood.

Only the final surgery would have to wait until you turn 18 or maybe 16. And the future looks even better. It's only a matter of time until we will see the first transplantation of a womb to a former male, therefore gaining fertility.

You could create an artificial womb or maybe get a donation from a female familly member or even from a stranger. It would be even more difficult for a female to become a real male than the other way.

22:57 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What's new about this?

I've heard of a MTF kindergartner here in the US.