“How Men & Women Rate Partners”

how-men-and-women-rate-each-other-in-equation-form.jpg

The process by which men and women rate prospective partners has, by the marvels of science and simple arithmetic, been reduced to an equation of unparalleled accuracy.

This diagram of course yields the insight that a man possessed of great wealth, intellect, or affability can easily compensate for a lack of physical attractiveness, or indeed a deficiency in any of the other qualities, in the eyes of a woman, but even the most lovely of female geniuses is unlikely to have much success with suitors if she is less than attractive.

Via SF Weekly.

12:43 14/02/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Shouldn't it be for girls:

Money x (intelligence + humor + looks).

Poor person: rated 0.
    Rich person: rated 100.

03:50 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

bad equations are bad... "how girls rate boys" equation completely lacks weighting of the variables, seriously, if intelligence rated the same as money or looks, geeks and unix gurus would get laid more than once every 10 years.

Comment by Chen-04
    18:55 26/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Those guys rarely encounter any women in their lives, so the equation looks about right.

Comment by Kelvin
    03:02 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would wish to make a bit of adjustment to the equation on "How guys rate girls":

Looks x (Intelligence + Humor + AGE), where AGE = 0 or 1. 0 = unsatisfactory while 1 = satisfactory.

Note: I input age here because girls with good looks might be a child, young adult or adult. There's no way an old woman have good looks(Haven't met one yet).

As for "How girls rate guys":

(Intelligence + Humor + Money + Looks) x AGE, where AGE = 0 or 1. 0 = unsatisfactory while 1 = satisfactory.

~~
    I took consideration on lolicons and shotacons. This is why 0 = unsatisfactory while 1 = satisfactory.
    I think age affects us when rating the opposite gender.

Feel free to say anything. It's not perfect anyways :P

01:34 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This equation is wrong...women don't care for intelligence in a guy...if he has money and looks is awwwwright with them.

01:24 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

For how women rate men it should be:

(intelligence + humor + looks)^money

money being an exponent

why else would woman be with guys like Hefner at this stage?

02:22 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well damn, I should be at least a 3 to most women! What the hell happened to me?

16:10 14/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's okay, kid. I'm sure the Tooth Fairy is real, too.

05:20 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's so dumbed down that even cavemen can easily comprehend this and agree with it too! :D

04:23 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have the intelligence, humor, and money, but lack looks.

00:51 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well by this equation they both want intelligence,humor, and looks. Girls want a little extra cash thats all. pretty true i guess. thought this was going to be one of those same stupid things where it says guys only want hot girls. i could care less about looks as long as they are intelligent and funny. they cant out weigh me though :P. big is ok but i dont feel right about someone out weighing me.

Comment by Sylar
    16:28 06/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

No if a girl has a nice personality we will settle if her looks are average but still if she's really ugly the personality is not enough to make the ugliness disappear.

Comment by Takumi
    23:39 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That silhouette looks like Harrison Ford

00:02 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

More like Tom Cruise.

23:29 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it's sad that everyone thinks chicks are interested in money more than everything else. I was from a fairly well-off family and my husband was pretty much dirt poor with a lot of school debt. We're still happily married.

Comment by Sylar
    16:21 06/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You girls don't realize that the fact that some of you don't care about money doesn't make it less truth. It's still truth because most women really to want money. We are talking about the majority here.
    Exceptions are just that.Simply exceptions.

00:01 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And this is how female anime characters are rated:

(1 - chest size)*(1 - age)*cuteness

00:00 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He he! Yeah, right...
    ;-)

Comment by Chen-03
    06:17 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Are those mathematical or logical operators....

And for ugly woman, there is always a plastic bag.

21:08 06/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In this post, virgins think they know what woman want. If you guys have habitual relationships with woman you know the equations are exact. That's why you see women with ugly men, with unfunny men, with poor men and stupid men.

While a guy only dates a ugly girl if he is desperate.

20:28 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i dont mind being the one working while my husband does housework :) for me the equation is

intelligence x (looks + humor)

09:51 09/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This explains everything.

08:47 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The equation is lacking dimensions. What is the scope of the man's regard for looks? The man could be completely shallow or could be attracted to what many find repulsive. Usually he's inbetween the extremes but leans one way or the other. There's statistics involved, what is the likelihood that a woman would fit into a particular man's category as good looking? What is the percentage of men who have a particular weight/scope on each category?
    For women, those categories can fluctuate in weight/scope as fickle as women can be. Despite all the Women's Lib work by those women who'd prefer to be a man, there are still homemakers out there (which raises the money category in weight). Many women still expect the man to take action one way or another. The three heights/stacked things Japanese women still look for are height, education, and money. I'd say the category in least priority for most women would be humor.

09:17 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Uneducated + immature sense of humor + NEET + looks and acts 12 = my fiance.

Love tends to come unexpectedly, and not everyone's perfect mate equations are the same. I didn't think I'd end up falling in love with a 23-year-old who thought Japan was a communist country, has trouble spelling simple words, and whose sense of humor extends only about as far as people getting hit in the face (Looney Tunes, Three Stooges, America's Funniest Home Videos, etc.), but it happened. It's hard to conversate with him at times, and I get frustrated with his lack of money to do things we'd like to do that would require both of us to pitch in, but I do love him, and I know things will eventually get better. He's learning from me all the time, and while he may not necessarily ever catch up to my level of intellect, I know he'll at least be more educated and experienced than he is now. It's all about having the patience to deal with things until that day comes (like waiting for a loli to be of consenting age).

So yeah, this equation isn't really accurate for everyone. Some of us can see beyond conventional attractiveness or superb wealth, so that we can fall in love with the little things about people that others can't see...

19:28 06/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Seriously you should dump him or you'll end up like my mother. I'm talking against myself but my father is a fucknut and he would be nowhere without my mom. She helped him to graduate from high school and always got him out of trouble. He's just lazy and stupid, my mom always do his work too.

If you want a life, you shouldn't date stupid men as they will just drag you down.

09:33 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol it seems like people's standards are far too high looking at this, but then again, both men and women are looking for much more than they let on. ALWAYS something.

23:19 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Isn't this implying that men in general would rate women 0 if they had a combined score of 0 on intelligence and humor? Since Looks*(0+0) = 0. I think that's a fundamentally flawed equation, since a lot of men choose women with good looks regardless of the two latter qualities as trophy wives.

16:45 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

so, what your saying is, girls standards are too high.

Comment by motaku96
    14:26 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's quite an accurate equation.

Comment by takarada
    06:15 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They missed height, women find tall guys totally cool

18:52 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Extremely accurate, but money should have a part in the female side of things too methinks.

18:54 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

For me, I'd say women's personalities also play a part, without being related to their intelligence or sense of humour, like outgoing vs more reserved.

Comment by jedoo
    18:45 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Heh, I'm surprised at how acurate and simple it is...

Comment by Ukonkivi
    18:46 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

But I think rich women are sexy.

Comment by SaruDa
    19:01 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Let's marry up.

19:07 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

not in their 60s, no!

00:00 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

18:13 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is BS! For women it goes like this: Money, Looks, Humor, Cock.

Comment by Shi nai weaboo
    18:26 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Money can replace cock

18:46 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

not mine

19:05 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What, your cock is that bad, that even money can't replace it??

19:05 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

you have none?

Comment by takuya13
    18:14 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

and here i was trying to figure out wat standards i used

18:15 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

DUH!

Mankind has known that since we could draw on caves and masturbate. Then later that night, the worlds oldest profession starts.

Trick is, how to work within those odd-ball rules.

Comment by Maigo44
    18:11 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Equation for me: tsundere x loli x (DFC + blond-haired girl)

Comment by OTIKA
    18:00 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Should be on the front page of Sankaku for truth.

Comment by MasterYuke
    09:57 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

the female equation is wrong. it should be:

money x (intelligence + looks + humor)
    if money = 0 then rating = 0.

10:08 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed, that is the correct equation

10:51 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

actually its: (m * (i + h)) + (L * (i + h))

You have to have money or looks, otherwise the equation is 0.

19:34 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

anyway, regardless of what you say things have not been looking up for your kind of woman... congratulations....your a dieing breed...

Comment by kafkafuura
    00:31 07/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is an English speaking world standpoint (being in English). In Japan more women are looking for marriage partners so they can "settle down" - which unfortunately to them means "I don't have to make money for myself anymore!" most of the time.

marriageability = money/otaku * (youth + looks + .5*(humor+intelligence) - gambler)

17:36 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Two things wrong here:

1) You're not a woman (or just too butch-looking to tell the difference).

2) If you were, you'd fuck Bill Gates all the way to your fake orgasm, just so you could go buy that Louis Vuitton you've ALWAYS wanted.

Comment by Shuubi
    16:53 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...and you are clearly a moron. Not all women care about money. I'm a woman myself, and I couldnt give a shit if my partner was rich or poor.
    Maybe if you actually knew more women you wouldnt have to resort to retarded generalizations made up by ronery otaku who just want to justify the fact that they have never met any real women.

16:39 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wrong. Money is everything to the female human, looks are the fifty heptillion candle-sized roll of cash on top of the money cake.

15:11 05/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@ everybody, specially Mikorio who cannot find a way to counter these equations.

Here's my equation:

2D > 3D

Short and simple. Period.

00:06 06/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's not an equation, that's an inequality.

18:06 07/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

WIN