Ar Tonelico 3 Stripping Powerups

22:58 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one who cares more about the plot than the fanservice? The last two games in the series had highly entertaining characters and well adapted plot. I really hope NIS brings it stateside but with the way of the current system I find it doubtful now. Anything that even has a semblance of children partially naked, under clothed, or even in a game with sex, nudity, partial nudity (it's almost like the ESRB does not even realize that kids begin to have sex at a much earlier age this is kind of ridiculous that people are trying to protect kids from something they themselves learned at the same age...makes sense) real, game, novel, picture, 2D, 3D, it does not matter but even talking about it could get someone carted off to jai-oh shit Chris Hansen!

~bang~

00:24 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

God damn it, stop just talking about the releasing system. What about the ~10 different singers who will sing in this game? That's certainly more worthy news than "OMG YOU CAN MAKE THE GIRLS STRIP THIS GAME IS AWESOME."

21:24 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What the hell??

17:03 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Reminds me of the saying of Radits of DBZabridged..

"So, Nudity makes you stronger on this planet ,eh?"

Comment by Tenno Seremel
    17:39 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, you know: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Stripperiffic

18:27 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That hidden cutey in Harlequinn costume caught my interest the most :3

And wow, spats fetish~!!!

21:04 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The tacky nature of this game makes me not want to buy it. When a company has to use suck tacky fanservice to sell copies then I think they're desperate.

Guess not everyone thinks with their dick

21:19 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Damn it Banpresto, although it is very convincing, stop doing that. Start working on actual system gameplay and story instead of teasing us the players...

20:14 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah! We might be arrested for having loli...just like in other peoples unfortunate situations!

20:10 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally, somebody get it. Clothes were meant to be removed!

22:45 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like Ar Tonelico 3'd makers will get Nobel Prizes

19:11 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well then, now that we can see the names of the girls' alternate forms, we can see that none of them are Cocona-related.. unless... *looks hopefully at the one still marked ???*

Comment by Cosplaying God
    10:51 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This I like... And now I know what I'll be getting for Christmas.

09:32 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm. I don't think anyone should have a problem with optional stripping of its characters, but I think it's a little overboard to make your characters stronger through this method. It may turn off some people, and when those same people meet up with a friend, they'll be asked "So why aren't the girls in their underwear yet?"

Comment by Tai
    07:53 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Playing this will benefit me in 3 ways or more
    -A Hard On
    -Rpg Goodness
    -Special Effects Display Awesomeness
    Now all we do is wait...

03:49 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In the west we call it flat chested women. In Japan they call it your everyday experience (girl/woman).

02:27 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm guessing a lot of people are gonna level grind when they obtain the game :3

Comment by H-Ero
    01:08 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

First thing that came to mind was DBZ. Do the girls wear weighted clothing or something that makes them weaker?

07:08 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So does this game have any actual gameplay, or is it just watered down hentai?

Comment by DFC
    16:36 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is of interest to me.

13:50 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i thougth the first 2 were already way too much suggestive, i hope that dont stop nis america to localize the game, because putting the echii aside the games are really good with a very interesting figthing system.

00:18 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You do know that NISA actually ADDED lots innuendo in the first two games? They'll love the stripping in this.

13:47 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I cant wait for this game, tho not for the ero elements, i just love the Ar Tonelico Series.

13:45 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What is the story justification for this?

Comment by Chris
    01:41 13/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>story justification

I think you're looking in the wrong game

13:55 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was asking this question at first, but I must say, right now I'm not sure I care. Naked Revytails = win; though I do hope there's an option to keep them fully clothed while still having the same power, I may wish to play this when people could walk in...

14:00 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

and there was much embarrassment...

Comment by diskonline
    13:45 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where is the god damn FORTH PHASE?

13:57 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess this means no English translation, I'ma have to practice my Japanese and Hymmnos for this.

14:00 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope there is no male characters then. Or do they strip too?

16:13 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hopefully the stripping action only aply to Reyvateils >_>

Comment by Tenno Seremel
    16:02 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It is probably Reyvatel only. And Reyvatel = girls only.

13:59 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

best rpg battle system ever final who?

Comment by HyperKnuckles99
    13:13 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Best level up system ever.
    I don't think anyone would have a problem grinding in this game.

Comment by Schrobby
    21:51 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd grind the lolis all day long... ^_^

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    18:15 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hoho! So their clothes are limiters, EH?

NUDE MOD..i mean BANKAI MODE!

04:31 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dunno... What about the one where you raise levels and stats by taking the girls to a bath, complete bath toys and oils?

13:45 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Amen to that!

Comment by MoMoGi
    13:16 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i see what u did thar

15:32 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hah, imagine people will play and grind until the maximum level, hoping to see some nude flat chests....

Comment by cloudninja
    13:01 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Gotta say, if I wasn't a wuss, I would now buy the game just for the stripping. That's a cool and erotic idea.

Maybe I'll take Japanese 101 more seriously when I take it! X3

18:18 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

101 isn't going to get you very far to be honest.

00:08 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Try the DS game my japanese coach, and really learn it.

Comment by BlaqCat
    11:36 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait wait...so it seriously helps (Seriously now)?

Comment by CoreFlood
    12:53 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now is the time to brush up or learn the language before then...

Can I just say... booya?

(b^_^)b

Comment by kajunbowser
    03:52 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice Jim Cramer reference. d(^_^)b

This is great! Another reason to get a PS3 (sans-PS2 playback) (^o^)b

Comment by MasterYuke
    13:39 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

100% agree: Japanese games are great reasons to learn the language.

23:28 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

is much better learn japanese than english -__-

Comment by FoolyDooly
    12:38 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

then why are you here? go post in 2CH instead plz

13:57 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In the meanwhile I will hope NISA will pick it up like they did the last two.

00:36 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There's "fluent", and then there's "fluent".

I've a friend who's been studying Japanese for some years, has guided and translated for groups of Americans in Japan, and groups of Japanese in America, has Japanese associates and friends in a variety of social strata, and so has been exposed various forms of the language, etc.

Yet, when she was reading a sports manga in which the majority of characters were males in high school, she told me it was very slow going for her, "because I have to look up words so often. The vocabulary of high-school boys is so different from what I'm used to."

There may be a generational gap language issue there -- she's in her late thirties; most of her Japanese friends and associates are her age or significantly older.

Have you ever tried looking up a Japanese word and _not_ found it in your dictionary?

(I'm just trying to learn enough so I can watch raw anime and play computer games.)

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    00:02 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It doesn't seem that this game would require deep language skills.

It's not like you'll need to strip those girls in real life, in which case some minimal knowledge of what they're talking about would be recommended.

11:39 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm also a Japanese student and I have to agree on the 18 month part, maybe even less if you could put more time in it. If you learn for about 2 hours a day and try to immerse yourself with japanese music and anime and such for about 5 days a week, you'll learn it in just a little over a year. You won't be fluent but you'll just hit conversational level. This is more than enough for most japanese games and anime, although you still have to look stuff up from time to time.

Not being able to find the translation of a word won't really happen in today's world of the internetzz. Just type it in Kana and throw it through "Translation Aggregator" and you'll find your answer.

16:41 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

@1447

Truth.

14:47 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

time and dedication,
    you can learn japanese in around 18 months. a language with latin letters in under a year. without a job or other things to worry :/

14:07 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

keep dreaming good old weeaboos... takes insane dedication and TIME to learn a language, especially one like japanese, lol at "brush up" the language in a matter of months

23:12 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The language is easy to learn, and the pronunciation is easy for spanishfag, hiragana and katakana are easy too, the only problem is learning to read kanji.

22:40 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I know there's a very effective way to learn a language. Just throw yourself into the country which speaks that language. In a few months' time, you will be a master at it.

23:56 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

learned to speak Japanese in about a year (not perfectly) took another year to learn to read it. Not interested in games though but I read manga and short novels and watch anime without subtitles, and video chat with Japanese girls all in Japanese.

00:36 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's why my dad, after spending 17 years in the german region of switzerland, can't speak german, nor his own language, to save his life.

Comment by BlaqCat
    11:34 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I picked up a bit of basic japanese in no time at all (this includes basic sentence structure, some vocab, hiragana and katakana, and some kanji. took about a 2 months). And that's while attending classes, and working full time. I think if you have the time, you can lean at least to an intermediate level in a year. Not saying it's easy, just depends on how driven you are.

06:10 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well... i guess some of u have a point, i've been learning japanese for the past 4.5 years so far, im pretty dang good yes, but if i studied like say, every 2 days seriously, i'd be fluent by now...

still it's not a language to underestimate.. at all

14:11 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If u understand chinese, u have a good chance of picking up Jap faster =)

15:54 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think you guys are making the language out to be a monster. It's really not that hard of a language. If you have 0 responsibilities you can prob learn the language in nine months. And you could "brush up" in a couple months, it's not totally easy; it still takes enormous time and dedication; it's just not a monster.

14:25 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Especially reading Japanese if you know how to read Chinese. It's like half the work is already done for you!

Comment by Minimoto
    14:24 11/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's only takes about 2-3 years to become fluent if you have a sort of drive. *Mine was anime/manga/visual novel/video games* And this was only during school time, it's not like it "takes insane dedication and TIME to learn a language, especially one like Japanese." Half the time I sleep in class too. The only thing that makes learning Japanese difficult is the Kanji.