“We Divorced Because of Love Plus”

anegasaki_nene-kobayakawa_rinko-love_plus-takane_manaka.jpg

A man whose marriage all but ended, thanks in part to hit virtual schoolgirl sim Love Plus, has explained the devastating effect Nene had on his relationship with his wife.

He describes how his marriage collapsed under the weight of Nene’s charms:

I did write that I divorced, but we haven’t actually filed the papers, rather I just returned to my family home.

I’m a 29-year-old systems engineer, with no children and a 28-year-old wife. It seems exaggerated to say Love Plus is to blame, but still it went like this:

• I kept coming home late every night.
  • My wife became enraged.
  • I said “Rather than you I think I’d much rather be welcomed home kindly by Nene-san!”
  • Marriage ends.

After I said it, I thought “I’ve done it now,” but my wife was already looking at me like I was dirt, with a “this guy’s no good” look in her eyes.

He likens his wife’s expression to “how Taiga looked at Ami in the fifth episode of Toradora!” – certainly a telling description in more ways than one.

He describes later how he narrowly managed to reconcile matters with his wife, and presumably Nene as well.

With Japanese men being hounded by their jealous wives for being unfaithful with Love Plus characters, and some even taking to marrying these very characters, it seems Japan may be witnessing the future of human relationships – all that is missing is an android body for Nene…

16:25 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

New title: Stupid jp women goes emo over game!

21:12 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

New title: Faggot pussies over marital issue and escapes to fantasy land!

01:47 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Too many normalfags around here recently. Crawl back to your 3D world, plz.

19:23 03/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol @ TehBoringOne

deviantfags is for deviantart dwellers.

Plus, you have an account here, shove it up your ass and go away.

16:06 03/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The internet is 2D. Go away.

14:23 05/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

All people who don't agree with you are normalfags, or any kind of fag. I guess mommy never said no to you and spoiled you rotten right?

Comment by TehBoringOne
    14:14 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Too many deviantfags around here recently. Crawl back to your 2D world, plz.

Hohoho...

16:27 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hah, seeing that the guy uses anime stuff to describe the actions and stuff of his wife, I think I would've just recommended him to go for 2D.

16:38 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL @all these guys making sweeping generalisations of womankind, from their vast sample of experience, which is 0-1 and includes their mother and sister.

Obviously plenty of women are idiots, and whores, the same way plenty of men are idiots and whores. The idea is to go out and find someone worthwhile, not to cry yourself to sleep because women are mean boohooo.

Go out, and find a girl who is nice, and loyal, as their first quality. That means, maybe, not having such high expectations in looks (look yourself over while you're at it, are you a 10?), if you want an understanding geek girlfriend who instead of looking down on you, joins you, and might even indulge in your perversities because GASP she cares for you. I'm not saying pick an uggo, but there's something to be said for an average girl who takes care of herself, and takes pride in not looking like a slob.

But LOL@ all the guys who go for the somewhat hot megabitches, the vapid cunts who have gotten all they wanted since day 1, because they're hot, and haven't read anything since they got the bill for the latest brand item. No wonder they end up miserable in their marriage, since they're just a big fat bankaccount to their wives, who only care about how much more STUFF they can get, to fill that big gaping whole their dried up souls are, and to balance the ever increasing huge arse they keep sitting on. While the husbands who shave off 20 years of their lives working like horses to support the damn bitch's expensive tastes. No wonder you retreat to 2D. That is, if you're rich and can get the trophy wife.

16:36 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd take an android lass over todays woman at the drop of a hat. Now granted not -every- woman is like that, but the majority are. And if were going through the western world standard of women, pretty much 98% are all of what has been talked about. Lying, cheating, ect. There really is no bid of equality like some people preach; never was, never will be. Women kind dug their own graves when they started uprising as if they were something more or deserved something more.

Like a spoiled child it's all gimmie this and that without any of the work. It's todays method of thinking that's putting women kind in the dog-house versus virtual ones. Marriage is just the soul crusher. Like a binding contract with Satan. Once you put on that ring, the mask quickly slips off and you're dragged into pits of endless torment. As mentioned in one of the above posts, we -will- get to the point where we can artificially create off spring. There is no if in this day and age of science. Only when. And when that does happen, these generation of women will be treated like cassette tapes: obsolete.

Or rather treated as more of an "exotic" treat once we've jumped into the age of android partners. It generally applies to both sexes. Both being able to artificially reproduce and tune their mechanical partners to match their inner desires. Women will have their lacky-droid to do everything for them while they sit on their asses. Men will do what they do in 2D fantasy land. Though once that age comes around, we'll be seeing a lot more fat women, lol. For not being able to afford it? Well it's worth the money hording and working over time for. SHIT IS SO CASH!

Comment by OTIKA
    18:08 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Long story short: Women (in general) are selfish brats.

20:06 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, because men are not selfish mama-boy brats at all.

Comment by OTIKA
    23:40 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I didn't say they were not, did I.

11:29 09/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck you. I don't see any of you weeaboos proving how great and selfless you are. You expect women to flawless, beautiful and kind no matter what shit you give them when you can't offer those very attributes yourself. All I see are a bunch of pricks with standards too high that they themselves cannot live up to.

20:01 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I lol'd so hard!

18:54 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pffff... he must learn to be like Man from Alabama. He knows how deal with his wife in the old fashioned (North)American way!!!!

18:51 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It may sounds stupid, but this game is like the Tamagochi a few years ago: it's absurdly dangerous for some people (in a sense, of course). I mean, the game requires way more attention than a "normal" video game, wich leads to many social problems. That said, marrying with the game's characters with official papers and all? Whilst the whole media is watching it? Fall in love so much for a non-exist character that ruins a real life relationship so much it leads to divorce? I may be not fully understand these people's thinking, but that's just plain... should I say... childish? I'm not saying that liking a video game/movie/comic book character is a sin, but come on, there's have to be a limit.

(Sorry if my English is a bit incorrect).

19:57 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Youre confusing different articles anon.

21:15 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not confusing articles. I just referred to an other article (Otaku Marries Nintendo DS “Nene is My Wife!”) because it gives me headdesk how people can be like this.

Comment by Holly
    13:31 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The human race wouldn't have even come to this point, but so many people are so shallow, I was around 15 when I figured out how shallow I was, now things are different and I'm actually with someone I could see myself spending the rest of my life with.

I really hope everyone finds that special someone and doesn't use a game to substitute a real relationship, perhaps when A.I. is perfect a relationship like this will be valid but more than likely the A.I. will be just as bad as current people and you'll be back to the same problem.

But whatever, it's not like it hurts anyone, he was obviously unhappy with his wife, if there was the right flow of communication it wouldn't have gotten that bad.

It's sad that most people treat relationships like accessories and then wonder why they blow up in their face.

At this rate japan wont last long, soon as a few do it, it'll catch on and THEN we'll have a problem. I don't want my anime to come from china, no offence china.

13:41 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

THANK YOU.

My friend and I were talking about how people get into relationships or seek relationships for ALL THE WRONG FUCKING REASONS. Yet, nobody ever fuckin' realizes this and then they want to go and complain about the opposite sex and HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE and other such bullshit when they're just as guilty.

13:58 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sensible, logical post! finally you grace us with your presence!

Seriously, people ARE shallow and selfish, too much nowadays. It doesn't help they're fickle when it comes to marriage (I blame some romance stories on that too) and any other thing that involves any level of commitment.

13:18 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The guy is not the one to blame...
    He just seeks for entertainment, like anyone else
    The WIFE is the one who acted stupidly...

though 3d girls have brain, sometime they are more brainless than 2d girls....

12:52 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, let's not blame the person with probably half an ounce of social skills, likes to do only what he wants without taking into consideration other people's likes or dislikes, avoids trying to work out his marriage problems with his spouse and basically say she's lower than a non-existing girl.

It's fun how people here just assume shit (just like I did above) about the wife without knowing why he comes home late, if he didn't already put his hobbies above cultivating his 3D relationship or anything at all. Let's just back our otaku comrade!

18:51 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course!! Back up our comrade!!! Yeay!!!

Comment by OTIKA
    14:34 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

... pitiful.

15:41 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd take an android girlfriend. They don't betray you like human girls do. I've been cheated on in 4 out of the 5 relationships I've been in.

I've been hurt by women so many times that if I didn't enjoy sex with a female so much, I'd turn gay.

17:14 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"If they could have real emotions, but be programmed so that they can't betray you"

Those aren't real emotions.

Enjoy a fantasy, but remember that it's just a fantasy.

03:20 03/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well that's normal for someone who is scared of the fucked up society we have right?

18:16 04/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No it's not. Practically all of us are scared of the fucked up world we live in. It doesn't stop people from looking for happiness and try to make a better life.

His choice is still a fantasy as the anon above said. That is no relationship with a real girl, it's just a blow up doll with AI integrated.

01:46 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As long as I can "deny your reality and substitute my own", I'll always pick my reality over anyone else's.

18:12 04/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I guess the advice of not fooling himself came too late. It doesn't stop you from reading my "irrelevant" opinion, you delusional men with unrealistic expectations about women and people in general (if it really was irrelevant, you wouldn't even respond to it even).

From all the relationships you had the only common factor is you. Maybe you should stop blaming women (who you CHOSE to date) and start learning from your previous relationships so you can finally understand what went wrong and later be more wise and find a nice sweet girl.

You can call it whatever you like, but wanting an android "with real emotions" but to be programmable so they don't betray you is a mere fantasy. You don't want a relationship. You want an appliance. You want the pros of a relationship without the effort. Thus, enjoy your fantasy. It can be your reality sure, but don't catch yourself thinking it's a real relationship with a real girl.

02:30 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nobody said you couldn't, just don't fool yourself into thinking your androids have real emotions or that your "reality" is still a fantasy.

04:34 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fantasy for you maybe, but I had already denied your reality the moment I chose mine, so that means your opinion or your existence is irrelevant at this point.

20:08 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"If they could have real emotions, but be programmed so that they can't betray you, I'd take one."

Enjoy your eroge and 2D girls.

13:53 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

well, literally, this IS madness. same goes to all the funny/guro/racism/stupid/ero/etc news in sancom

seriously, anyone who played love+ would know by the time you reach home late, nene and her friends would be asleep and would ignore you! instead of worry waiting for you to come home, hoping that nothing had happen to you...like this 3D wife just did.

btw , taiga > nene!

14:32 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Unless the player chooses to use the skip mode where he can make relationship progress faster. There's also the feature that lets the player talk to the girl (with very limited answers) despite the time.

Comment by HARDKOAR
    17:24 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The game knows if you cheat that's what makes it hard

Comment by necrorise
    23:02 02/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hahaha awesome , more more more?!

01:01 03/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Again? How many marriages has this game ruined lol

11:22 09/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Both of them are at fault. Women should control their anger. Men should be sensitive to what they say. Imagine if your wife said that they rather be greeted by some bishounen from an otome game than you.

In b4 male otaku rage.

21:57 29/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why even get married if you're just going to ruin it so stupidly like that? For the tax breaks? Do they even do that in Japan?

19:09 19/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lots of guys preferring those virtual sim girls instead of their wives... if i was a wife id probably feel ashamed, play the game and take pointers lmao

20:02 08/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

the bottomline is...2D is win

05:00 10/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

now its time to my plan to go into action while japans male population goes 2d i will create a harem of japanese 3d womens

05:21 10/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

People... Don't blame the man or the woman...

Blame the one that make the game...
    They make the girl in the game too ideal and otaku/gamers are expecting the real/3D girl to be that perfect too... which sadly they are not...

High expectation gives greater disappointment...

11:26 09/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

THIS. Otaku are expecting too much of women when women can only expect so little of them. Life isn't perfect, people aren't perfect and if they can't accept it, stay with 2D girls. Nobody else will notice and people will move on.

01:48 07/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hell yeah!! goodbye AIDS, HELLO NENE ANDROID! wahahaha

20:13 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As much as I ROFL at the sequence

* I kept coming home late every night.
    * My wife became enraged.
    * I said “Rather than you I think I’d much rather be welcomed home kindly by Nene-san!”
    * Marriage ends.

There isn't enough detail on the situation to place blame. The dude coming home late and not growing a pair to speak directly to wife and runs away to fantasy land that is Nene. Or the wife is a vicious harpy that just screeches at him out of some unreasonable contempt without listening to the man. Maybe both concoctions were the reasons.

21:14 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Guys here don't give a damn, unfortunately. They will back up their otaku comrade through thick and thin!

21:41 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course we will and we're proud of it. We're not 3D girls.

17:47 04/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You wouldn't know one if she hit you on the face.