Bayonetta PS3 Sales Double Xbox 360 Sales

moeyonetta-bayonetta-moe.jpg

Despite being (mildly) inferior, the PS3 version of Bayonetta has sold over twice the number of copies the (slightly) superior Xbox 360 original has on its opening day…

The PS3 version sold a total of 93,000 copies, whilst the Xbox 360 version sold a mere 45,000, despite scoring a whole two points higher in a suspect Famitsu review.

If even a botched port can manage twice the sales of the supposedly perfect Xbox version it seems Microsoft’s Japanese position may be even worse than previously established

The inferior PS3 version is available now.

07:29 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Umm. I really don't see the point in this article.

Mysterious Voice: "The point is obvious. The PS3 is the true next generation. Anyone with the inferior Xbox 360 should upgrade to PS3."

But...maybe it's that the Japanese simply have a bias for the PS3. What when it gets released to other countries?

Mysterious Voice: "Then the PS3 will stil come out on top because more and more people are realizing the truth."

...why is it that you pop up on any video game console thread I try to comment in?

Mysterious Voice: "Because you never learn..."

Comment by stampede
    07:12 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

isn't it enough with this game already?

08:11 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are way, way, way more PS3s in Japan than 360s. Therefore, the PS3 version was predicted to sell way, way, way more than than it's 360 counterpart.
    The only people that didn't predict this are obviously slow in head.

08:25 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Gotta notice how 360 purists become insanely aggravated and defensive when something negative is said about their beloved console. This kind of stuff makes me feel embarrassed to own one myself if this is what it does to people. Cripes.. Just enjoy your 360. You should continue to enjoy it and that's what matters. Nothing to prove to anyone.

Console fanboy-ism is such a waste of energy.

Anyways, great pic, Artifact! Cutest Bayonetta I've seen.

Comment by ScarredBushido
    08:46 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

played the demo and loved it ( had to make a japanese Xbox live account...) but i want this game

09:34 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just feel it should be pointed out that the total initial shipment of the PS3 version was far far higher than the XBox counterpart's.

08:24 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

best bayonetta picture ever up there

Comment by gabecchi
    08:17 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There's also the factor that the PS3 is region free. I'd bet a lot of those sales are Import sales. Xbox is not region free...so they get kinda hosed. When it comes state-side, I would agree that the 360 will pick up more...cause were graphic whores like that.

Comment by gabecchi
    08:19 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ugh...need to correct sentence

"... will pick up on sales more...Cause we're ..."

06:58 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Quite impressive for the 360 tbh.
    Must have around 1/3 the install base of PS3, plus the console is easily piratable.
    I think the real test will be how this does in the western market, since it's clearly marketed towards that audience.

Comment by hasegawamiki
    05:11 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the version might be "inferior", but the console is superior, people are forgetting their xboxes in favour of a well made product.

05:40 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean the version with the most sold console user base sold more than the version with less consoles sold!

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Damn it arte, you write this fanboy biased article as if you're suprised by the sales! Everyone saw this coming except you by the looks of it.

06:20 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dunno but I think the OP makes ppl think PS3 fanboys are retarded by posting this

06:12 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

its no suprise
    ps3 gamers like this kind of game
    x360 gamers just want halo

06:12 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Slightly" my ass. The difference is night and day. Yet another fanboy post by Artefact.

11:53 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I couldn't agree more.

05:45 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, this is fucking good figures

Most multi-platform games in japan will sell 3 or 4 times more on the ps3 than the 360. The xbox figures are just under 1/2 the ps3 ones.

This show that the superiority of the 360 version has helped improve sales.

So attempt to troll by arte fails, damn good figures for the 360 in my books, considering how unpopular the machine is over there.

10:12 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the main reason is hack n slash is better on ps3.
    I can't pull off all those crazy moves for DMC4 on xbawks 360, but people can on ps3.

And the makers of these game will do the same to Bayonetta, meaning you'll have to manipulate the controls to pull off crazy shit. And ps3 is good for it.

02:19 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

why is japan so racist about game systems?

Comment by necrorise
    23:02 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I thinks its because people think Ps3's are superior to 360's in terms of longer usage ,,, they disregard the games (mildly) inferior graphics

Comment by GodOfSpeed
    22:16 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well it's normal, since the PS3's userbase in Japan is much much more than the 360.

13:50 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Xbox failed as usual ;)

09:02 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sega released a patch for faster loading times, making PS3 Bayonetta not so inferior after all. downloaded it earlier today and load time cut down to 1/3 now :D

03:47 06/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

simple calculation
    PS3 PWNS XBOX 360
    god knows the reason why XboX is still being sold :P

08:25 24/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bayonetta PS3 Sales Double Xbox 360 Sales

realy in a plase were ther 3 time the ps3 to the 360`s WOW im impreses

04:05 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dont even know what this game is :D

17:42 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

silly billies. the main reason why ps3 is so high is because the game is region free on ps3, so people are importing it worldwide.

13:04 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now why didn't they just they just use that design from the OP pic instead of modeling a 10ft supermodel..

13:05 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Love the comment ratings system. Let's try this out.
    You're all fucking faggots!

13:16 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Giving you a "+" just to mess you up.

Comment by hALOTOO
    10:31 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know the exact sale figure in HK,but when I went to buy Bayonetta for Xbox the day after it's release.Most of the shop was already sold out,had to search head to tail for that game.I did manage to buy the game (jacked up price of course),ironically there were plenty of PS3 version

Comment by Elle Lowel
    10:23 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why would a highly censored no goodie showing version of game sell better.. I mean since the sony check kills alot of good games, I am seriously thinking of changing sides... but I thought they were suiciding by doing so.. but looks like im wrong.

10:08 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

simple conclusion:

PS3 hardware = superior
    - - - Bayonetta(PS3) = inferior
    360 hardware = inferior
    - - - Bayonetta(360) = superior

16:41 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Suprised this game even sold so much. Seems pretty crappy.

04:54 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is this story news? It's it obvious the Japs support their own systems more than foreign-devil systems?

Comment by Sangaz
    01:48 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't see what the fuss has been about with this game here on Sankaku.
    I mean, just look at Beyonetta, showing lots of flesh doesn't ammount to anything if the character is an absolute munter. She's just an ugly character, the only thing the game has going for it is fan service so having a main character like her pretty much leaves this game down shit creek imo.

09:41 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Some people play games for this thing called "gameplay", you may have heard of it.

Comment by Sangaz
    02:34 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Then they wouldn't be playing a game that centers on a girl getting half naked as she fights.

Comment by hALOTOO
    12:51 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And why not?

23:32 25/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Your taste in virtual women is terrible.

01:49 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I thought everyone would expect this to happen, for obvious reasons. To be honest, I expected a bigger difference.
    I have a Wii and probably I'll be getting a PS3. If the only difference is the graphics (correct me if I'm wrong, please), I can live with it, since they would still be better graphics than those on the Wii.

BTW, I'm not buying a PS3 because of Bayonetta. I mean, I don't give two shits about xbox, with all the respects.

Comment by Barbarian of Gor
    01:39 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Like I said, the PS series always work. If they haven't been immersed in a bath, hit with a hammer, fried literally with the plastic turning black and crumbly from a voltage surge or fire, they will always work. Now, 10 years from now, longer. My PS1 works. My PS2 works. And, when I buy a used but decent condition PS3, it will WORK ten or more years from now, as will all my games providing I keep them in reasonable conditions. CD's were thought to decay after 10 years, and used as "Coasters" they last days, but kept in their boxes without temperature extremes they are also nigh immortal.

It's something I wish people would demand of PCs... That your system will NOT crash -ever- and everything on it will continue to work even decades later. Working PCs are eco friendly, but making them isn't. If PCs would work forever, old ones even past obsolecense could be more often donated to larger "Distributed Computing/Parallel Computing" projects.

But, Microsoft gets in the home video game market, and we got systems that crash all the time, have trouble loading and frankly will be lucky to last 5 years once they go out of warranty. And there's RROD-tan. That says something doesn't it?

09:40 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, I had to buy a second PS2 because the laser on my original one died.

Haven't had any problems with my 360 or PS3 yet.

And come on, PS1s failed all the time. People had to like, put them upside down before they'd read discs.

Comment by El Chaos
    10:21 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I had to do just that with my PSone. Just two or three hours ago my PS2 Slim (SCPH-70001) literally hanged while I was playing some .hack//G.U. Redemption, but it was about 35ºC/99ºF and my room was closed, so...

Microsoft rushed their second console's manufacturing in order to get a head start over Sony's PS3, and as far as commercial success and breaking free from the "PlayStation" brand name console gaming monopoly goes (not to mention turning their QC division into a running joke), their move payed up. They probably lost a fat lot of money when they extended the system's warranty to three years, but hey, power to the people.

11:52 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The PS1 and the PS2 topped the home consoles as having the worst failure rate in its respective generation. Easily the worst ever for high selling consoles, until the X360. Yours may still work, but so does my 360 - anecdotal means little. The original XB was reliable as well, I believe.

If you want to talk about reliable consoles, it's the catridge based hardware that lasts. The NES, SNES, Genesis, etc

Comment by Kyon Theorist
    04:46 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Having good luck with systems doesn't make them magically better. My 360 has RR once and I got it sent out and received it back from Microsoft within a week and a half.

My first PS1 was used so I'll assume something was broken when I got it. As it had no warranty I bought a new one and it broke later that year. I take good care of my systems but Sony claimed that I must have hit the inside and damaged it somehow so they refused to honor the warranty they said I still had when I sent it in. I paid their repair fee, which was more than I could have bought the system for, and got it back.

No less than two PS2s of mine had dying lasers. The first I sold to some idiot at school and bought a new one. The second I called Sony and they said there was an electrics shop I could take it to in the area with a permit to fix that issue that wouldn't void my warranty. I took it to him, he did fix it, but then a few months later the system wouldn't power on anymore. After sending it in to Sony they claimed my warranty was void because the system had been opened. I told them to keep the POS and went and bought one used and it worked until I got my PS3.

My PS3 was a 60g. I didn't use it for dvd's or PS2 games cause I still had my PS2 for a while after getting it. Then one day I decided to play Shadow of the Colossus on a new file and figured the PS3 was my ticket to doing so. Apparently the DVD drive in my PS3 was broken. Thankfully Sony replaced that for free, bastards still charged me for shipping though and it took two months to get it back.

Moral of the story here isn't that MS is better than Sony nor is it the other way around. It's just that hardware blows balls for all companies but Nintendo and that your luck with a console isn't the case to consider normal.

Comment by Barbarian of Gor
    14:21 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow...

Must have had REAL luck then. I only heard about the first US$600+ models overheating. I've had one used PS1, no problems. One new PS2 (stolen), replaced by used PS2 works just fine.

But they've never crashed and never failed to load a disk, even real "Coaster" ones I've got from the used market.

My X box, on the other hand, has trouble loading Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath even though I bought that NEW. The game, that is. A lot of games I fight with and it takes forever to load. And the thing is, I like the games. Esp Stranger and Circus Maximus... Really wish they'd update/re-vamp the latter.

03:34 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

microsoft makes the software not the hardware, i doubt my toshiba laptop is build by microsoft

02:33 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I have several old computers as well. An old 486 33mhz box still runs just fine as well, though the harddrive is getting a little jittery.

'Donating' these old boxes to distributed computing projects is ridiculous, though. My old computers have less combined workpacket crunching power than my current desktop does WHILE I'M PLAYING ON IT. Whereas they roughly need five times the power.

It's not economically feasible, the electricity bill would ruin me.

01:57 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

its japaneses and theirs own prison mind style..so rare..and patroit with their companies..

but yet the game still dont ready to sell in other part ofte world...just in japan and japan its ps3...

Comment by Myballz
    05:02 31/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because in truth if Sony or Nintendo Comapany fails then the Japanese Game Industry fails.

Hell, as much as they try to market games Japanese try to do anything to sell it if buy a Special edition version of the game they give you something like a Softdrink and Ramen Noddles.