Top 10 Female Traits Which Make Men Say “Why?”

hinako-issho-ni-dieting.jpg

When 10,000 Japanese men were asked what it is they found inexplicable about female behaviour, they came up with a list which might well be universal…

The results:

1. They diet excessively

2. If one of them says “cute!”, the rest all start saying it too

3. They all go to the toilet together

4. They say “I’ll leave it to you,” but then moan about your choice

5. They take forever shopping

6. They shave their eyebrows to draw them on

7. They put on makeup every single day

8. They become obsessed with fortune telling

9. They say what they are thinking in the most indirect manner possible

10. They have an infinite appetite for sweets

You can also read the corresponding survey for inexplicable male traits.

01:37 19/10/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Hmmm, I'm a girl and I don't do any of those things.

Comment by JanusVX
    00:13 18/10/2009 # ! Good (+0.4)

all too true. especially #1. *sigh* why wont women accept that being voluptuous is also very good??? instead of being a stick figure?

Comment by Reichi
    10:42 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I didn't know that going to the bathroom in a group would be annoying...
    But the others hit the mark dead-on, I can imagine. @__@

Comment by Human Shuriken
    14:09 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Hmm.. These are all kinda true, but as for me I'm a woman who really hates sweets.. a lot.. I love spicy stuff and I never wear makeup, or say cute much.. but I do shop for hours...

14:39 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

omg,one girl goes "KAWAII!!!"then like fucking 10 more go"KAWAII!!!"pissed me off

15:08 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's the female hivemind! It's a frightening thing!

Also, all it takes is you pissing off one girl to set off the entire female population in the neighbourhood against you! Further proves the hivemind theory!

17:17 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I know how that feels.

I'm a veteran to this crap. And to make it worse. I'm classified "Genuine Platonic Nice Guy". In other words "Keep away" according to female translation. (See the "Dogged Nice Guy" trope for more info)

I have a feeling women claim this to be "helpful"; because genuinely nice people get to the breaking point due to frustration. We become total irrational bastards that no longer value life, women, or babies where they respectively belong, and are willing to fuck anyone or anything, with consent or without.

I think the Bene Gesserit do exist. They're manipulating us into their liking.

My advice: just be an asshole, and remain mind-numbingly, annoyingly nice, and bug the ever-loving hell out of them in retribution with it.

Behold a paradox. Do you like the asshole because he's being nice to annoy you, or like the nice guy for being an asshole purposely being nice to annoy you?

I'm getting close to breaking your code. Fear me.

19:54 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Quick, we must see if they break when the nice guy acts like an asshole in being purposely nice to them when they wanted an asshole!

15:26 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Totally agree.

19:37 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dont forget their positive affinity with shiny stuffs.

18:17 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

.. nr10 is the only one that's right about me. õ.o

18:17 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

if you ask a girl out and she doesn't like you she chops your dick off and hands it to you (metaphoricaly) and every bit of manliness and pride is destroyed in the process and forget being friends still afterwards

19:49 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like the sexist comments. Most of this list isn't true about me, but

10. They have an infinite appetite for sweets

I have to stop myself from buying candy, because the whole bag will be gone in a day and I'll gain two pounds.

01:25 03/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course we arent talking about EVERYONE, but my girlfriends wastes time trying to make herself look prettier (to my eyes its making her look wierder actually... help me!)

Comment by Empress Leo
    03:59 15/12/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Did you tell her she looks weird.

20:00 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so FUCKIN TRUE!

17:58 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

One you're an idiot asking for the impossible.

Two, the rest of you who are so blind, you don't realize what would happen without number 7 should appreciate the wonders it has. Though it'd be a lot easier determining who's actually pretty without it.

10:45 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are reasons for all of these. I am glad I know them.

For instance, they go to the bathroom together to talk about the guys they are with.

lern2wimmin

01:27 03/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

11. Obsession with gossipping.

This is probably the WORST.

10:56 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, shave their eyebrows (fully) so the can draw new ones? I thought only middle aged ugly rich hags do that..

13:40 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

nope 16 year old girls in new mexico does it... the 'cholo' girls... they are annoying....

10:15 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I had a friend go with me to Japan, but we split up after he wanted to meet his Junior highschool friends. When I met up with him he had shaved his eyebrows and so did his friends.

Maybe this is a Jap thing? Or was I drunk at the time.

Comment by Envoy Loves You
    10:10 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

One girl who used to visit me and force me to join her on shopping romps put reminders on her cellphone that would ring every now and then to remind her to diet. lol.

Comment by motaku96
    10:18 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol. Good list.

10:25 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i've noticed even skinny girls think they're fat (im talking to you Aya) which is fucking stupid nobody wants to see ribs and muscle on a girl (look at any anime girl. How many are disgusting 0% fat girls? they simply have fat in the right places tits,ass, and hips)

Comment by legolego
    13:23 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

3. a clean to the other

13:36 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

#6 is soooo new mexico. lol.

12:28 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can understand all but the third one.

Why should going to the fucking bathroom be a social occasion?

01:30 03/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Probably to gossip. That is no. 11 on this list.

12:15 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

9. They say what they are thinking in the most indirect manner possible

Wait, aren't all Japanese introverted tools?

14:44 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

All women, Japanese or no, engage in this act.

11:11 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

now for #6 it makes me wonder because im a girl and I always wonder why people have eyebrow pencils when they could have their real eyebrows...

and #10 is so true, im craving ice cream now...

Comment by delacour
    11:57 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This reminds me an old book, "Everything man knows about women".

Comment by Blank
    12:14 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Son, I am disapoint.

12:07 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd like it if once I didn't have play detective because if you ask a girl out at school and she says no the shit spreads like wildfire and you are mocked by girls and guys but if you turn a girl down everyone thinks you're an asshole. It's not fair for once I would like women to stop playing and ask for what they want. Whether it be "Wanna fuck?" or "Do you want to go out?" seriously.........

16:52 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ever ask someone out on a date only for something you'd only expect in a teen drama movie to happen?

Let's just say, my ONE attempt to ask someone in high school (which, BTW led me on (DAMN YOU #9!!!!), which was also Junior year, to make the rest the high school experience MORE awkward) made sure there was a dense enough crowd to laugh in my face as loud as possible in front of, and also spread word about all sorts of negative rumors about me since then.

The only time anyone was ever friendly or attracted to me at all was whenever I was doing artwork and talking about being a designer/storywriter/whatever nets plenty of cash at the time, in the future.

Japan, you're not alone. Girls are greedy as hell over here in the States too. I feel your pain.

08:40 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol yah, some of them are true in common girls/women

some i like:

10,9,5 (picture a bunch of ''popular'' girls sitting on a table and going like ' i eat __ and gain ___ pounds ._. and look at her she eats all she wants'' and like #4 :D

oh and #7 depends on how you see the girl.

08:43 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol yah, some of them are true in common girls/women
    some i like:
    10,9,5 (picture a bunch of ''popular'' girls sitting on a lunch table and going like 'i eat __ and gain __ pounds, and look at her she eats all she wants'' and like #4 :D
    oh and #7 depends on how you see the girl.

Comment by GodOfSpeed
    05:24 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah i guess in every country girls are pretty much the same~

04:45 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

#11 They don't stay in the kitchen

Comment by Busy
    04:52 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are no "kitchen" existing in the common japanese homes of singles.

Comment by exia
    15:57 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

all of the above and more thay aways bug you. spend your money. smoke all your pot j\k . burn you dinner. blame every thing on you. don't work.eat and get fat. hog the tv.lol if you cant tack a joke then this post ant for you

08:27 19/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

how the hell is this universal. only in japan people

Comment by exia
    02:33 19/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anonymous said:
    Hmmm, I'm a girl and I don't do any of those things.

ya right you just dont know it yet lol

21:45 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol! most of those things really fit exactly!

i mean #3 is just epicwin! XD

03:50 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ok where is the mens version?

22:57 19/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And you want an overweight girl who doesnt care a shit about her weight, dont care about makeup, have bush eyebrows, and tells you all your faults or whatever directly?

I see.

17:18 11/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

1. They diet excessively
    2. If one of them says “cute!”, the rest all start saying it too
    3. They all go to the toilet together
    4. They say “I’ll leave it to you,” but then moan about your choice
    6. They shave their eyebrows to draw them on
    8. They become obsessed with fortune telling

Thanks to these reasons I don't feel like a girl in the first place :X

Comment by Empress Leo
    04:18 15/12/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

There are way a lot of guys on SanCom who hate women. Geez! I don't understand why people WANT to hate.

None of these apply to me and very few women I know. But I'm a black woman with a brain in LA so... yay me?

14:42 14/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lets see from my experience the following are true:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10.