Halo Legends Manly Fighting Anime

halo-legends-melee-action.jpg

The newly released preview for the upcoming Halo Legends anime (below) has impressed many, but some can’t help but notice some curious discrepancies between the anime and the game, such as the complete absence of ranged combat in favour of lots of jumping around and punching…

The studios involved have previously attracted attention with the liberties taken, and with this latest trailer it certainly appears they are in no mood to be constrained by the setting of the original game, though whether this is to the advantage or detriment of the anime remains to be seen.

16:03 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was really disappointed in the quality. Badly drawn looks like its from the 90's no CG assists. Lack of combat other than melee. And crappy English voices. I was expecting much more even though I'm not a Halo person.

16:34 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

animation & dubbing is ok IMO. but whats with the ninja Master Chief. are they trying to copy the shitty MGS Twin Snake where it had s Super Snake.

anyway i like this anime more than the game w/c i will never ever touch.

14:26 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Creator: Studio 4C

15:03 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually looks pretty good,.

17:15 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I've said it before as DuoMaxwell and i'll say it again as Anonymous: Japanese will turn ANYTHING into an anime, INCLUDING Halo.

Still, it'd be nice to hear the same video with Japanese subtitles though.

Comment by sonicflame
    18:47 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well in the game all i did was just run up close unlode my clip a bit then i would just hit b when i got in range the only exeption was the sniper

Comment by Benskiman
    19:05 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Same here, but the whole I swing my gun at you and it kills you with all that high tech armor really made me get out of the mood. But I dont like FPS games so maybe thats why i would lost interest so fast.

Comment by Benskiman
    18:34 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe there is a lot of melee combat in the anime, due to the fact how boring melee was in the halo games. Kinda like a inside joke to everyone who played the games knows its nothing like that.

22:44 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe it's a joke on how most of the 'frags' in the game were done with the butt of the rifles rather than with plasma fire and bullets.

18:01 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a Halo fan. I've also watched one of Studio 4°C's other works before; namely, Mahou Shoujoutai Arusu (known as... *cough*... "The Adventures of Tweeny Witches"... here in the states). I liked it, but it occurs to me that I'm probably the only guy out there who actually saw it AND happened to like Halo at the same time.

Quick, pin a medal on my chest.

Comment by GHS
    18:13 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hahaha, oh man, the armour looks so bad.

12:12 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

watch the animations will get shittier and shitter in 3-4 episodes

Comment by mechwarrior
    11:44 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I cant do any of those moves in Halo 3. I call false advertising shenanigans .

17:27 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Really? Then how do you explain all those people jumping around back and forth like a bunch of monkeys killing people with melee?

11:43 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, the Japanese mannerism makes it look weird. Odd Halo

12:27 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

is this robotech?

12:42 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's Halotech

13:43 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks terrible, looks like they drew a standard human form then added Armour on for the suit.

14:05 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WOW!!!! Kung-fu Master Chief!!!!!!!!! More than I wished for... Not....

13:05 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

why does it look to me like animes in the 90s...

13:00 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow that's kinda good!!!

19:55 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Needs moar katanas.

On the serious side, plot actually seems intriguing.

08:00 23/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm curious,

How many people here can tell the difference in quality between this and the Dead Space animated movie?

Here's a link.

Which do you prefer and why?

12:36 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anybody got a feeling they gonna make the Spartan Go "BANKAI!!!!!!!!!!!"

with his gun? xD

09:58 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one that thinks that the animation looks crisp and fresh. Sure I'm not the only one that thinks this.

13:10 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so, people melee in halo?

21:32 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They always melee in Halo 3. Call me when you see a Spartan who backs away while firing his guns at you instead of rushing you with his assault rifle ablazing and then melee you down. The only exception seems to be those Spartans who were carrying rocket launchers, sniper rifles or Spartan laser.

15:54 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

still very poor voice acting

00:34 24/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Did I just see a sniper rifle that looks like a Baretta 50.cal fall off a waterfall...And besides, arent snipers supposed to be far far away from targets...

07:30 13/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

halo is just a copycat of many great science fiction movies like Aliens. the only new thing was the ring world and a guy in a really ugly green suit xD yeah and don't forget the computer girl that every little halo fanboy is secretly in love with. maybe the game was fun online but the campaign sucked big time, if ur wanna play a shooter with good story play half life or maybe F.E.A.R =)

04:19 21/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I've watched parts 1-6 and of those, 3-4 and 6 are pretty depressing, story-wise. #5 is funny as hell, though. Kinda like Dragonball/Dragonball Z.

Comment by hALOTOO
    21:51 26/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Terrible voice acting. Check
    Shitty animation. Check
    Violence. Check
    Blood. Check
    Meele fight. Check
    Cortana. Missing

still do want

01:31 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As for the anime not the best quality in the world but eh good detail in the backgrounds at least and it shows they didn't half ass it like some companies then turn around and be turn coats if anything the anime could turn out to be a medium into entering the Japanese market in a way because Microsoft will try the angle of it being a multimedia platform. After all this Anime is probably being made to boost sales of the new halo game that will come out around the same time I'm guessing. Since the new game will be devoid of MC and focus on the ODST.

01:37 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This looks just like my penis after my Thailand vacation!

23:00 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Work of an american company, such bad quality of art...

05:24 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you read the article instead of spewing stupid, the anime is made in Japan(duh!).

00:03 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I thought it was pretty cool. Yea there was no fire fight but I looked at it as the cocky ODST fucks up and MC saves his ass and is forced in a fist fight and showing off his kick ass close combat. I thought the one handed hammer grab and the back hand into the face was pretty bad ass. Just goes to show, don't fuck with MC.

Comment by Riiku
    23:18 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why are thoose guys in a weird spacesuits killing thoose little aliens? They're cute!!

02:11 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because those little Aliens want to wipe out the human race, and watch endless reruns of the Price is Right.

With Bob Barker even.

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    05:25 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not bad...But I better see some neko-loli Cortana...

05:53 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wonder if they'll have a PS3 version of the anime so the fanboys can argue which is superior to the other.

14:30 26/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Closest you can get would be an MGS Anime.

Both are the killer apps of their consoles. It would make fans squabble between which console game-based anime is better, while fans of both get the best of both worlds.

...unless either or both animes tank. Badly.

05:22 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

GUYS JAPAN HAS BETTER VOICE ACTING BECAUSE "INSERT LIE HERE" AND THIS DUB SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S NOT IN JAPANESE I ONLY LIKE JAPANESE DUBS BECAUSE JAPANESE IS A SUPERIOR LANGUAGE AND JAPANESE VOICE ACTING IS WAY BETTER ITS A REAL JOB BECAUSE THEY HAVE AWARDS NO ONE CARES ABOUT FOR HAVING A GENERIC OVER ACTING VOICE WORK. BLAH BLAH MORE STUFF ABOUT HOW JAPANESE VOICE ACTING IS THE SECOND COMING.

05:28 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you can't make a decent sentence, then how are we gonna believe you. It seems intelligence is lacking with this one.

Comment by Benskiman
    05:54 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I personally think a lot of English dubs are good. Sure there's been some bad ones. But now days the dubs in English are on par with the Japanese ones. And maybe English dubs would get better if the fans would appreciate our voice actors a little more I mean it most be annoying knowing the fans will never appreciate your work, not because you did a bad job, but only on the fact that its not in Japanese. How can you expect English voice actors to be taken serious, if we the fans can't even appreciate them.

23:26 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. Give respect when it is due. It's still a difficult job, no matter what the language is. If they did a great job then a pat on the back is the least we fans can do. That may help them to be better.

14:33 26/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed. For every Norio Wakamoto there is a Steve Blum. Dub voiceovers aren't the problem.

The problem with the fans is that it's not what they had before, so nothing could possibly be an improvement...right?

*Goes back to MGS to marvel at the awsomeness of David Hayter.*