Halo Legends Anime Trailer Promises Quality

halo-romance.jpg

The spectacular trailer to the newly announced Halo anime has been unveiled, and is visible below:

The initial response seems to be that this it is spectacularly dire, having 2D sections reminiscent of an elderly mecha anime and 3D sections looking scarcely better than the actual game, with the additional inclusion of inexplicable flowery scenes…

Comment by Kaiji
    06:06 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'll watch it. Sure as hell won't buy it, but I'll watch it. Some parts will certainly be well animated, and others will look like shit. It'll be like the Batman anime, only with more pewpew and less Batmoe.

Comment by dannyel
    05:15 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i think it will bee like the gotham knight and the animatrix , and i want to give a chance to be good XD justo because i like the others two series i mantioned an we just have to wait to judge if its bad o good n.n.

Comment by RAD_ED
    06:34 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe there going to have some kind of vote thing. I don't see a reason to use so many animators to make one show.

05:12 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That Toei section looked really bad. Almost like flashbacks from a retro anime.
    The rest looked ok, especially the BONES part.

Comment by humus
    04:45 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That will be good if Master Chief actualy a Crossdresser Loli

Comment by mechwarrior
    06:53 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are Spartans wearing power armor. What.

Comment by Zacharov
    16:18 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pfft, all Spartans wear power armor. Their MJOLNIR suits are all powered armor.

Comment by ragingsherbert
    07:48 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL. Halo fills people with hate...

08:11 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is true. However, it's more of a case of the fandom surrounding it. Some of these shorts (like the Master Chief energy sword duel) look really good, but some of them, like the ones with what I think is the Prototype MJOLNIR armor kind of look...ehhh. We'll have to see.

Comment by Ray
    08:42 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Please Microsoft, stop milking Halo franchise and just let it die.

09:21 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

only when theyve ruined all of its fanbase. otherwise- keep milking the franchise... whats next? Halo-Theme Park, Halo cereals, Halo Dinner plates.... and possibly "Late Night Show with Master Chief!" or The Master Chief Show!

10:27 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What will kill the fanbase will more than likely be a travesty in the same vein as the Endless Eight fiasco.

Comment by Rick
    07:37 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"...having 2D sections reminiscent of an elderly mecha anime..."

You think the 2D in that trailer looked "elderly?" Compare it to any of the classic mecha shows from the 80s. Heck, compare it to most of the fully hand-drawn stuff from the 90s. That 2D stuff looks great compared to, say, Original Gundam or the first season of Initial D. Too bad the trailer still makes the Halo-verse look like crap.

(Durn kids and... their new-fangled... videogames and their.... Hey, get offa my lawn!)

07:03 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There was a Spartan wih the serial number 1337 lol.

Comment by Tate
    07:06 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

master chief looks like shit.

3d looks like 2004 or older

07:09 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Halo fans call it shit because it's anime, anime fans call it shit because it's Halo.

Just shut the fuck up already.

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    04:32 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh come now...It's just like every other anime...

Just stick a few lolis and jailbaits in there and you've got an anime...

Yes...Lolis and jailbaits...

*licks lips*

02:41 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Studio 4°C, Production I.G *and* Bones? It's enough to stir mild interest for someone like me who has absolutely no love for Halo.

02:38 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shut up and enjoy it...

It's HALO.

Halo is good.

It's Bones... Bones is good.

Production IG? Good shit as well...

Toei and Studio 4°C... well... could be worse, they could have gone for Pierrot...

Comment by sanimej2
    Comment by jaxom
    02:14 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

is this real?

even the druaga and akikan combined woud be greater than this

10:24 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Akikan? You best be joking.

Comment by Anon
    02:16 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The 2d is ridiculously low quality, considering all the money and talent the people making it have at their disposal. The suits are just flat colour, but they have all those little lines and stuff in the games. The bits with people looked alright, though. I'm expecting to be dissapointed, but I don't think it'll be quite as bad as everyone is making out.

Comment by Schrodinger
    03:02 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'll wait 'till I get more information about the plot or I see the completed project. Wouldn't want to be a faggot and judge it solely on a PV.

Comment by k-zumi
    03:09 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't like Halo but this anime looks good...

Comment by hyjinx
    03:42 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Be honost, all of you say this sucks becuase it's Halo, not becuase it looks bad. Half of you wish so hard to be japanese that you immediately trash everything else. And the other half is probably clinging to the PS3 asking "WHY?"

Comment by Toma
    04:35 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Which category are you in the fag category?

Comment by Ray
    08:39 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Or maybe we just think Halo is a piece of shit FPS game made for console tards that is widely popular for god knows what reason?

That being said, the mixing animation styles in the trailer just doesn't look good. At all.

03:42 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hated the game, however, I think this looks great on it's own. Don't judge it based on the game -.-

Comment by Role
    03:48 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...Why does the trailer remind me of the opening to Stargate SG1?

Comment by Gloglablyn
    04:11 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well my friends and I are probably going to watch this, just for the curiosity of this surprise.

Comment by Drake
    22:20 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

why must it be an anime>.<?? why why why???

Why couldn't it be something that can rival the absolute beauty of Advent Children????

WHY???

22:50 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

they should really have done it in 3D only or live action this is just bad....

Comment by SenseiSyaoranLi
    23:44 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

master chief in anime o.o

Comment by EspadaKiller
    20:46 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The anime looks cool, have to watch out for it. But i don't like the Halo franchise anyway. Played Halo 3 and don't see the OMGWTFBBQ stuffs that people have been saying. The graphics suck so hard. I agree the online is really good. But then the weapons.... blah -_-

Killzone 2 > Halo 3. Period. At least i prefer Killzone 2 graphics, story, gameplay and guns over the whole Halo franchise =/

No offense to Halo fans though, just saying out >_>

Comment by Arcane Azmadi
    19:50 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You know, I've got a crazy suggestion- since this is an anime series and not a video game, why not wait and judge it on the quality of its writing, rather than nitpicking the visuals? Even if it looks like arse (and I wouldn't say it looks all THAT bad) it'll be worth it if it tells an interesting story. After all, Red vs Blue was done with the goddamn ingame engines, the character's can't even wmote properly, but that series is fucking brilliant because of the writing.

Comment by iron2000
    20:30 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Feels like an Animatrix-type series for HALO.
    Unlinked short stories, different styles by different studios.

Feels like conmissioned anime of sorts.

Comment by LiveByTheSword
    00:46 26/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm giving it a shot. Besides it looks like they're including the same idea that was used in apple seed and pilot candidate.

01:12 26/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bones one definitely looks the best so far, Studio 4c the second, toei animation looks so so, production ig looks a bit too girlish but it may be good, casio entertainment....first time i heard that studio.

22:33 28/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yet another good idea ruined by Mamoru Oshii.

Comment by Vetus
    11:34 30/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ι have never played Halo (and I'm not interested to play it ever since FTS are too boring for me) but I will give it a try to the anime.

11:35 31/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder what will come next
    Perhaps a Halo Movie?

Comment by SB420
    13:32 27/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is fucking wonderful. I loved Halo, and I've been waiting for the movie to come out for a long time. I'd settle for an anime any day.

Comment by ZippyDSMlee
    12:56 27/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I am a FPS and RPG fan, I liked Halo 1, 2 and 3 suck because the game was dumbed down for zombies.

The story/plot is not so bad but.... this as a average anmie would amke the train wreck of Macross frontier look great.... even if it sales worse than Devil may cry...

13:36 26/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks okay. Some of the 2d animation looked pretty good(probably the Production I.G. stuff).

One of the scenes in 3d looked like they were using the 3d characters and environment from the game(MC and Arbiter battle scene)

18:46 26/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks damn poor.

08:52 27/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I Raged so hard...

Looks horrible

Comment by PunchMyballs
    17:08 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i liked most of the 2d animation , except one that looks awfully similar to GI Joe sigma 6, i even thought it was Duke.
    What i definetely can't seem to appreciate is 3d CG, i feel it ruins everything, i think is good for games, but i hate it in movies, it has this awful ardtificial, fake feel to it.

Comment by Kron
    10:21 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see a lot of ignorant people who didn't realise that different styles are allowed for different episodes. Myself am not confident with the flower scene, but the comment of "OMG 2D CANNOT MIX WITH 3D" is just stupid.

09:58 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it looks freakin awsome.

Comment by Wandering_Youth
    09:55 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I loved the first Halo game, didn't like the second and hated the third. In all, I'm glad it's a show/anime instead of a game because it might start showing some of the stories of HALO in full and in depth, which I am interested in. Project I.G and BONES are doing some of the short films and they did some nice animes in the past. I have some optimistic hopes for these animes or shows.