k-on-kimono.jpg

The latest episode of Azusa anime K-ON! revealed that it was in fact the penultimate episode, and a collective scream of rage and anguish was immediately heard to issue forth from anime otaku’s major haunt, 2ch, with thousands of distraught posts in short order.

The ending they are so concerned about falls on the 18th, and there is much dissatisfaction at there being only 12 episodes and no sign of the next season.

A brief sample of their endless histrionics:

It’s too early, too early!

What the hell are they playing at flashing up “last episode” like that?

It’s unforgivable for an anime this popular to finish with only one season!

They’ve just stolen our reason for life…

When I saw that come up I was totally depressed.

Next season everyone will be fawning over some other moe anime anyway…

Speculation as to whether there will be a new season or a mystery 13th episode has immediately begun, though as yet no reliable information on the subject has come to light. Fans will doubtless be praying the anime does not turn into the next Haruhi

Comment by tragic comedy
    05:36 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

tragic end incoming.

Comment by mimo
    05:39 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG
    where is the BUDOKAN performance????????

damn...

05:32 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

K-ON is a shitfest anyway.

Comment by Chris
    05:46 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder what the big scheme is...

Comment by Cerenado
    06:08 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A few months ago, I thought it would had 14, then shortly after I found out it had 13. Now it's 12?
    I guess the 13h would be an ova or something.
    Anyway, unless they don't finish this season with an original ending, then there's still a chance for a 2nd season some time in the future, as the manga's still running.
    At least the otaku still have haruhi for a while longer so they won't go totally insane...

Comment by イチロ イノ Ichiro Ino
    05:51 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There's an episode 13...

it's even listed at wiki...

"Winter Days!"
    "Fuyu no Hi!" (冬の日!)

04:29 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Next season everyone will be fawning over some other moe anime anyway…"

Thank you, sensible eleven.

You moefags do this shit every time a diabetes inducing anime comes out, it's pathetic. In six months, you all are going to be fapping over some other vacuous characters, moe is anime for those with severe ADHD.

Comment by Mio Fanboy
    04:46 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is gayer than two gay people having sex in a public area. FAIL.

Comment by asianprostitute1500
    04:51 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I laugh every time I see fan boys RAGING over every moeshit series that ends. Oh well, by the end of the next anime season in a couple of months everyone will have forgotten about K-ON! and start RAGING about some other series abruptly ending and never getting a second season or it might become like Haruhi and actually get a another season, but by the time the new series starts airing no one will even remember it. You will be missed K-ON!

Comment by Alaudia
    04:59 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

at least it'll be a great ending,

i've been waiting for the episode where ui cosplays as yui ever since i saw it in the manga.

04:58 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what is wrong with people. <-<

04:57 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What the hell is wrong with people.

06:12 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

we have to endure this, my friends... everything has an end... and apparently we must also endure the immature comments from overreacting anti-moe fanaticists, who actually just can't accept the fact that the anime they despise can be accepted by lots of open minded people...

Comment by Holly
    06:28 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm glad I just collect some things, after that I don't care. Carrying on like this is just sad, I'm happy the only thing I have in common with them is anime.

Comment by zeniselv
    08:13 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i assume next we will hear bout little busters, tehn maybe another fmp! then like kyoani did with toei an kny novels,remake hugurashhi to let fans have a nice adaptation, and maybe then k-on 2
    *writing of a delusional person*

Comment by H.Jakoko
    00:54 14/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree on the Little Busters thing.But i predict that if Little Busters end we would have floods of novel players and anime fans all over the place it could end much worse then the Haruhi S1 era

Comment by Ryoko
    08:14 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good riddance.

00:55 14/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haruhi is a Bitchy Bitch!!

Comment by ragaraga
    08:54 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

that sucks that is really not a smart move if they just end it like that. they need more or the otakus will rise lol.

08:35 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good god Artefact, check your facts before posting shit. As of not 30 seconds ago, I checked Wikipedia for the list of episodes. As of right now, there is a 13th episode scheduled for June 26th. There's no way Kyo-Ani would stop K-ON! after 12 episodes, given how popular it is.

For you lazy people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_K-On!_episodes

Comment by PR3DAT0R
    08:52 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I was confused by that too, but, who knows? I'll be sad if the anime ends, but I already expected that, because, I mean, they had some fun episodes, but now they're just running in circles... Nothing is actually going on, there is no progress... [What about Budoukan?]
    And that 13th episode... The anime is identical to manga, and, for now, in manga, there simply isn't any material for episode 13.
    I don't know... I would really like the show to go on, because I really like the characters, and it's the only moe show I watch... But at the moment, I don't really see how.

08:46 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wikipedia is always right

13:52 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You know its true.

Comment by A-no-ny-MOAR
    Comment by kairuu
    08:33 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i bet you anything that the 13th ep WILL come clannad-style and we can all enjoy the series one last time.

i know 13 episodes seem REALLY short, but were we all REALLY expecting a second season?

we all saw it coming.

Comment by hi
    07:51 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So K-ON! will have 12 episodes not 13 anymore...

its because of the airing of haruhi Season 2!

Since the next episode of Haruhi 2 is Endless eight coming June 18,2009.

Isn't there an ova for K-ON!

Comment by Tate
    07:50 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

kyoto-animation are assholes.

they make really good shit but man, they always cut their best stuff short. unless it's based on a key game, usually 12-13.

why? because they are assholes.

12:43 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just because the manga hasn't finished yet and they're stopping where the manga stops doesn't make them assholes.

06:59 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What about the 13th episode? Winter Days or whatev?"

06:55 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

don't they have Haruhi, now that a second season has begon they are whining about K-ON! ending...tsss they deserve to get mugged, faggots

Comment by Someanon
    06:33 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"It's too early"?
    Series like this very rarely extend to 20-something eps. It's not such a surprise at all. It just means there will be one less thing to see this season. People that go "Oh no! What will I do!?!" Why don't you play some games? or get a job? Or watch another anime...

Comment by awindslowly
    07:03 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My response to those:

Calm down. Jesus. There probably will be a second season. Stop crying.

Comment by Drakanor
    07:29 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol, this being Kyo-Ani, they'll try to do the same marketing tactics as Haruhi, or hell, they may even end up declaring that they dropped it altogether due to Haruhi being back.

Comment by ANON
    07:41 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

We must let our voices be heard! Everyone should do something awesome like draw a giant picture of Mio in her ”mightiest glory.” (You know, at their first live ^-^)
    Yeah~ >:D or at least something similar with the same impact. Mass suicide would end terribly. x_X

Comment by superchan
    07:10 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like all the positive and negative comments here.
    Because all you guys/girls hate K-ON! so much thats why you guys keep replay on the commments.

answer 1 : yes Mio = moe
    answer 2: No it will never be populair as Dragon Ball Z
    answer 3: No Mio Beam is not stronger then The Special Beam Cannon from Piccolo.

00:58 14/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"No Mio Beam is not stronger then The Special Beam Cannon from Piccolo."

Not anymore, that beam hardly even went through Raditz and Goku's guts..

Comment by Prometheus
    04:16 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Next season everyone will be fawning over some other moe anime anyway…"

QFT

02:57 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Also K-ON was genuinely bad.

02:56 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh yes! It's finally over!

Comment by KajunBowser
    02:53 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The K-ON haters are jubilant b/c their threat to Haruhi-ism is out of the way, and many K-ON fans are crushed. Look, the series wasn't going to last moar than 12 eps. in one season, but it may be back in no more than 18 months. So quit crying K-ON fans, and you haters: stop failing so hard, your "god" is still here.

Comment by Forlourned
    02:41 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank ye Older Gods for this! Kyo-Anime was and is at its best when they release them short. Fumufufu, Haruhi, The Second Raid and finally now.. K-On!!! Yah!

Lucky Star felt like it just dragged past the tenth episode and to continue for another 14 was too much to bare for myself.. even the raging battle between the narcissistic girl and tortured boy showed how fatigued the animation crew was and the blow-up by the boy near the end was quite cathartic!

Though I keep seeing Kyo-anime credited in the opening crawl of companies in Shuffle, even that one went nowhere for episodes with meaningless stories of emo angst. With a payoff that could've been done with 12! OVAs did this often with only SIX.

So, HUZZAH for Kyoto Anime! I so look forward to their future (and Much shorter) endeavors.

Comment by Victor Delacroix
    02:51 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I knew all along there'd only be a few episodes. They needed to do their research and they'd have been prepared long ago. D:

Comment by Rincewind
    04:04 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yup, we all know that... but is sad anyways... Miooooooo!!!!

Comment by 4ch Anonymous Legion
    03:16 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally, the moe shit is starting to end. Anime was never about moe, look at 80's anime and so forth. None of that was moe. 80's anime was better than all the shit from 2000 combined. Go watch some real anime, moetards, and come back when you learn what anime is really about, dumbasses.

03:30 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Post Summary: I'm an old fag.I'm also an aspiring troll.

16:31 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DID LOL!

03:15 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

K-On will more than likely be back for a 2nd season.The manga is ongoing,it's extremely popular and is going to make a killing with K-ON! toys,paraphenelia,t-shirts, and pvc figures, etc..The only question is "WHEN?!".If Kyoani were smart, they wouldn't do the same thing with K-ON! that they did with Haruhi.Anything longer than a year's wait is TOO long and would only hurt the series the same way too long of a wait for season 2 of Haruhi has seriously hurt the popularity of that series.

We'd better have somethign, because the summer season of anime sucks bigtime except for the anime about the Tkyo earthquake(name escapes me atm).

03:12 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YES, there is a god in this world after all. Death to the moe shit!

02:39 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Today is a good day.

Hooray.

Comment by Tommy
    02:05 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ok, I'm feeling quite sad right now.

This cannot be the last of my beloved K-On. There must be a second season to this.

02:04 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love how some people here express their opinions of their dislike of K-ON!, and then other people call them trolls and how they must be wrong.

Huh.

02:16 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmmm i see how some of those responses call them trolls but more often than not, its simple defense of what they like against those who do not like.

the troll calling begins when ammunition is low or its clearly a troll.

you fucking troll.

06:06 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope that last line is implied irony for comedy, because although I know I am not a troll, I hope my comments don't relfect myself to be one D:

To go off topic for the post, I like the show - but since I'm a girl similar in age to the characters, I like it because I can relate to them and their activities, rather than for thinking it's moe/cute/whatever.

Comment by PR3DAT0R
    08:15 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are no girls on the internet...

13:26 13/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

it was to be ironic and funny ^.^