Otaku Rage over PS3 Tales Betrayal

otaku-tales-mania.jpg

Even as PS3 owners have been celebrating the much anticipated release of Tales of Vesperia for the PS3, some Xbox 360 owning otaku have been infuriated by the “exclusive” nature of their release, and have resorted to typically extravagant displays of outrage.

Above you see their disc breaking and magazine burning… A possible case of overreaction?

Via Ore-teki.

Will similar scenes greet the (presumable) release of Star Ocean 4 for the PS3?

At least (overseas) Xbox 360 owners already have the pleasure of knowing the latest Final Fantasy will be gracing their console

Comment by Xero
    02:42 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If they were really upset, they would destroy their 360s as well. If they were logical/reasonable they would sell their 360s and games and buy some Nintendo or PC products. Maybe Sony items too if they don't blame them. Either way, stupid is as stupid does.

Why get mad at either company? I think it's great that any game gets cross platformed, regardless of upgrades and changes. Not everyone has a certain console, so when games get this treatment the people who couldn't enjoy it before now have the opportunity. And if the game does well financially, that's great all around. Businesses can produce more games (possibly of higher quality), consumers get to enjoy more of the kinds of games they like, and people can build a community for those with similar interests (as was said about the old days). Instead you get this. Saddening in my opinion. Instead of building bonds between fellow gamers, they are burning bridges. Oh well, not much that can be done about it I suppose. Just gotta try my best to avoid these sorts of people.

Comment by kenjiharima
    02:53 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Do they need to be all virgins... =_=

Comment by teri
    03:12 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well for me it´s really scam. While I can fully understand it why they did that in Japan; cause the release for the PS3 Version was much later; I just cannot understand whats big pile of shit this procedere has for the European Version. Cause here, the game will release simultaneausly in June 2009. and here the PS3 Version has just some more content for no reason.

Comment by Anon
    02:32 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Takes a deep breath....

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~

Comment by Captain Arepa
    00:52 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How immature. I guess those guys have a lot of money, because if they go burning their games and crap like that...

Comment by KLoWn
    05:04 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, Bandai Namco do have a history of being a slutty whore. All hell is gonna break lose if they port IDOLM@STER to PS3, which, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happens. Consider SquareEnix has been a pretty good whore in the past, SO4 coming to PS3 is not likely. Again, if Xbox 360 is going under, SE might switch side and deliver the finishing blow. All in all, Xbox 360 owners are gonna get shafted. If you think of PS3 as a BluRay player that has the gaming capability as a bonus, You would feel better about the purchase...

05:44 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You know what, all the companies who make these things are the ones laughing at you customers for getting all butt hurt about everything they do. All those employees have lives of their own and do what they want to do with their life - to further develop technology and continue working in order to provide for their families, "fanboys" and "console wars" are only providing them entertainment while they continue working on new things and suck more money from your wallet one way or another!

These companies don't listen to raging "fanboys"(such a stupid word, really) because those people are nothing but low-lifes who know nothing about business standards or even how to run a business.

Comment by Vicious
    06:00 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was Raged, but not stupid rage.
    all you have to do is
    Take all your xbox items and donate them to a third world kid. problem solved.

Comment by Amak
    06:07 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"And this is why you should never EVER Ever Ever Ever Ever Buy, Play, or Do anything that Requires an Xbox and/or Xbox Accessories."

I'm guessing you're a PS3 fanboy?

The exact same could be said if this scenario was reversed...though if it was for a Wii, no one would care.

Comment by Riful
    04:47 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now they get a hint of how PS3 owners feel every time microsoft buys out exclusive DLC just for the 360 on cross console games.

Comment by Chaos
    03:35 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I spit on their logic and pity their stupidity. At the very least they should have gotten some cash by selling it, or just keep the game.

What a bunch of poor idiots.

Comment by Drake
    04:21 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh god lol.

I love Vesperia, but the rage spewing forth from with decision is just an incredible volcano of hilarity.

00:41 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This fanboyism is stupid. Who wins in the end? Microsoft and Sony, with whatever little money you have left in their hands, laughing their way to the bank.

23:37 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...Why rage hard when there's always the possibility for the developers to tack on the extras in the form of downloadable content for the 360?

Also I never thought I'd say this, myself being a content 360 owner, but to all the freakout loyalist otaku's/fanboys - CRY MOAR RETARDS!

PS3 owners go wild.

23:25 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bunch of idiots. Referring to people who sabotage stuff.

Comment by Anon
    23:15 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

U people comment so much and yet u bought and play the games .All are losers expected for the game developers!

23:40 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

aww now a whole 'nother console has to play that generic crap :(

Comment by cobol
    23:49 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

otaku is an idiot :(

Comment by LunarSD
    00:08 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank you kind anon. I think this same trend happens in just about everything. But that's not to say you can't just ignore it and find smart enough friends who don't feed on the drama and live in peace and relative happiness.

Even I have to admit to succumbing to it, from a different niche, as I never used to really care about the non-offending lolicon community. But as my local newspaper and this website continually reports, their art form is facing some of the most painfully unchallenged and bigoted suppression of any victimless niche in our time.

I feel their suffering as my own, and suddenly it gets personal. The temptation to give the other side the attention it's pining for comes and goes, but ultimately giving it so much thought in the first place is already the first step towards further fueling the drama involved, and unwittingly legitimizes the intolerance machine.

Feeding it the scraps it will use to ping back at you, then you pong back at it, suddenly it's everyone's loss when take a step back and look at it all.

Not a productive line of thought. Especially when faced with fanatical levels of opposition, internationally.

Kind of still relatable to console wars, but I digress...

Comment by LunarSD
    00:49 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow ignore this post. I think I broke http://www.sankakucomplex.com because I posted this above once as a reply, then the server crashed while it was sending and took about 20 minutes to start working again.

Now the post appears in two different places -_-;

Do tl;dr's really have the power to damage servers?!

My otaku kingdom for a delete/edit button *(;_;)*

Comment by Shyster
    00:06 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OH god not this RAAAAGE burning and breaking of shit again.
    damn hardcore otaku need to grow some balls and grow up.

Comment by shocked
    23:57 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Blame M$ for buyin time exclusive. lol they should add extra game for everygame M$ buy out when it comes to the ps3

Comment by Tez
    06:07 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How do PS3 owners of GTA4 and Fallout 3 feel compared to those who own the 360 versions.Both games were two of the top 5 games of 2008and both are still continuing to be supported with new game material/adons from their makers....for the 360 versions, NOT the PS3 versions, EVER.

I didn't post that to take a stab at PS3 owners(i am one, as well as a 360 Elite), but only to show that all this stuff goes both ways.Why are people so upset about the PS3 version of Vesperia getting extra content...a YEAR after the 360 version had come and gone.Outside of Japan the PS3 version of Vesperia isn't likely to even sell very well.Look at Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3(EXCLUSIVELY mind you)by Sega.While an EXSCELLENT action rpg, it sold horribly here in North America and not much better in the rest of the world, save Japan.RPG's only tend to sell well on the 360 here in NA.It's just a fact, and that's why the 360 most often get's them either exclusive permanant,exclusive additional content, and/or timed exclusivity, whereas the PS3 does not.

Comment by Randzz
    23:14 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Someone below wrote "360 otakus". That's not necessarily the case for me.

For me it's all about fairness. If the PS3 owners are gonna get this extra stuff in their Tales of Vesperia (ToV) version, I would like it as DL content on our side. Also, while I'm not one to give into conspiracies; I have noticed that, at least as far as NAMCO is concerned, "exclusive" 360 titles eventually wind up on the PS3 but with extra content (Eternal Sonata anyone?).

Where are the "exclusive" PS3 titles being ported to the 360? I can't think of any, can anyone else? I don't like the feeling that when the 360 gets any Jrpgs at all they're "1st drafts" or something along those lines while the competitors eventually get the "real" versions.

Eventually I'll get a PS3 since I'm a HUGE God of War fan; but a fair shake I don't think is too much to ask. The 360 has proven itself to be really good on the DL content front, so why hasn't it been done for ES?

01:54 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They probably wanted to produce it for the ps3 in the first place but they didn't want take that chance since it's risky to make exclusives for the ps3 and because they needed money.

01:14 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this is why fanboys are stupid.

or rather, brainless

Comment by knives
    22:13 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lolz just soled my PS3 since its just collecting dust in my room...... and now this game came out ... ironic

Comment by Goldsickle
    21:32 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Butthurt much?

Comment by Keirnoth
    18:36 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Guys, let's stop fighting over what the second place console is. Don't really care about 1st place because of how crappy the 1st place console is (Wii), but BOTH the PS3 and the X360 has their strengths in their game libraries. Just buy both and stop this fanboyism pls.

We need to go back to oggling moe girls, not arguing about which of the two next gen consoles is better. (Wii is last gen)

05:48 27/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Rather than burn it, give it to me...

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    23:58 12/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good thing I have all 3 systems...

07:45 23/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

To require that it do so would be to claim that what any text means must always be true and never false. ,

03:58 15/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

fuck the xbox

Comment by Nick
    23:15 13/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I 100% do NOT feel betrayed. In fact, the add ons forced me to buy a PS3 and I am excited to nab this when it comes out

09:59 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DELICIOUS XFAG TEARS
    THEY ARE SO SWEET

Comment by ToastCrust
    10:03 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not to mention, extra stuff's kinda obligatory because of the greatly expanded disc side. It'd be a *crime* not to cram at least more voice work in.

Anyhow, I own the 360 version, US version. Played the shit out of the game, love it, am replaying it several times over with friends.

When this PS3 version comes out, I'm importing a Japanese copy to hopefully totally forget about the dubbing (which is average, really).

I'm so happy this happened :D

Comment by jonaht
    10:16 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol
    there is no EXCLUSIVE thing again.
    All is for money~ >.<

Comment by Arehexes
    07:20 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha I'm glad PS3 owners are getting this game, it's a good game and we should share the greatness as a whole rpg loving people not split up by consoles. The only real problem that kinda irked me for like 5 secs when I first read it was the added stuff. But after a while I really really didn't care nor was I shocked seeing how they did that with Eternal Sonata. We should stop fighting, both consoles have their ups and downs. No one is better then the other, so lets just stop fighting and not be like the guys who burned their games cause they felt "shafted" by a company who has done this before.

07:02 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The big difference between this and FFXIII is that ToV for the ps3 is getting more content. There is no word on that for FFXIII.

06:24 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

360, PS3, and Wii all suck! Everyone knows Wonderswan is where it's at!

06:51 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Quiet, you fools. You might gain the ire of otakus and be shredded into a thousand pieces.

Comment by Enact
    10:40 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As sad as this is, I tottaly saw this coming, espically considering the sheer lack of exclusives all around...

12:44 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

not to worry, the loser who snapped his disc in half probably owns another 4 copies.

Comment by Hiddenshade
    12:44 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

stupids... just buy both consoles and issue fixed.
    Oops I forget it, their mothers do not give them enough money to buy another console.
    I'm sure that no otaku will not reach to this level of anger by an exclusive game for the Nintendo WII

Comment by shalala
    22:46 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude that just dumb. Fanboys are sooo sad. Just because this game went over to the PS3 they start to cry and burn their games and mags. they need help.

Comment by XIII
    23:36 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well, the facts that xbox360er got used as a scrapgoat to enhance for the ps3 version, i think that what got em pissed

Comment by Keigami
    Comment by Berserkhobo
    19:34 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Reaction is the same, reason is different. Either way people like to waste money..

19:34 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese nerds = Drama queens with emotional behavior of a 5 year with ADD

20:20 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just like you retarded fat amerikkans.

Eat some more hamburgers and go be fat somewhere else.

20:33 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Obvious butthurt eurofag.

Protip:A European is Number 1 for the most obese people in a country.

Enjoy being 3rd world and obese.