Top 10 Traps Set by Japanese Women

happy-couple-embracing.jpg

Japanese men have been asked to identify what female behaviour gives them the false impression “I have a chance with her”, when in fact the man has no chance at all…

The results are enlightening, though perhaps not in all cases surprising; the top 10 follow:

1. “Let’s go home together.”
2. Being called by my first name.
3. When she asks to have a sup of my drink (indirect kiss!).
4. Being touched when she’s sitting next to me and says “Mou!” (“Oh you!”, etc.).
5. Being talked to in a sweet voice.
6. When she responds to mails promptly.
7. When you’re invited to a lady’s home and told “Just take a seat on the bed.”
8. Being told by her “I think I had a bit too much to drink!”
9. Receiving mails from her ending in heart marks.
10. Discussing things when she’s looking up at you.

Via Itai News.

2ch offers such fanciful gems as “It’s ok to come inside” and “Let’s have sex”…

Comment by CraniumC0re
    10:46 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Reading this list just about sums up my relationships with most woman :(

06:41 24/05/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Same here. This is normal for me, since I have been with the same girl for over 6 years now, and no, she isn't ugly. She's very attractive with a drop-dead gorgeous body, and 38 E breasts (real)

Comment by mili
    12:54 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just curious, where did that image at the top of this post came from?

Comment by Artefact

Try reading the comments.

10:57 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, then I suppose this is the mother of all traps, when my japanese (female and 3D) friend insisted to sleep on my bed (with me in it as well), and then two days after when I told her I was getting interested in her (気になってる to be precise), she got so disgusted and told me that she couldn't even understand how I'd get the wrong impression, and then called me a pig because that's how animals behave.

We never spoke after that though V_V

Comment by Dee
    14:33 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so.. did u sleep well? ( ゚▽゚)/ u bastard

01:08 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Like a baby ^^

(why am I suddenly the bad guy?)

Comment by Tess
    04:25 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Aww, I understand her not liking that you got the wrong impression, but she shouldn't have thought of you as a pig. At least that sounds like a cute memory.

22:42 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, and the worst is probably that I was telling her that I was getting interested in her, but it wouldn't go anywhere because I was really into another girl (I blame the manga for being romantic), so this should stop.

She told me she could never talk with me again after knowing that I had thought of her in that way.

If only the other girl had been as clear with me as I had been with this one. BTW, that other girl set me so many traps as to fill a book, some even more cruel than this one, but would require longer explanations...

There is only one certain thing: women don't know what they want.

Comment by Tess
    01:19 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

We really don't, sometimes. : / But not all women are like that.

Comment by johnnyboy213
    07:42 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1,2,3,4,5,6,and 10 have happened to me...damnit.

23:16 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Guys can be such babies. You're nice to them and suddenly you're a frigid cunt if you don't want to fuck them. I just like comic books and anime, I wish I could talk to other people who do without having to console every nerd assholes ego when I turn them down. And then they always ask why. Ugh.

And as far as girls being manipulative... I've read a lot of papers that show Japanese communication is very much like Western Female Communication patterns, so you American otakus better get used to being able to read people and pick up on atmosphere because it's not gonna get any easier over there.

04:23 15/03/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

guys arent babies they just arent confused about their sexuality or gender like women tend to be

Comment by Tess
    04:23 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed! I just want some male friends. : ( Straight male friends, as gay guys already flock to me. But I can rarely get to the friendship level, because once I don't act like I want to sleep with the guy things have to go awkward.

Comment by CS
    12:22 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

;~;

I'm in the opposite boat. I have a lot of guy friends, and some girl friends, but all my friends on the forums I'm a personality on are male, and all my female friends are straight.

For me, the things get awkward when my female friends notice I tend to breach personal space too often. All... Well, all/most (.../um?) of my guy friends know I'm not interested in guys/them, and a lot have girlfriends or wives.

Comment by Tess
    13:39 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I also have a problem with getting female friends... : / I just started working at a super-staffed Victoria's Secret, with TONS of girls, so I can't wait to see how awkward that's going to be.

While I don't have the problem of breaching space, I guess I just have an air that's strange for other girls? I do have a few good female friends, if only because I've known them for 5-6 years... and they're all rather open minded gals. retsu bii furendo!

Comment by gunnm
    23:50 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

it happened to me once.. but I get to fuck her repeatedly afterward.. thank god she didn't get pregnant..

07:05 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Quoting someone smart, "Men don't have platonic friends; They have women they haven't fucked yet!"

07:01 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

2D is still better though.

So who cares.

Comment by Sinjitsu
    00:59 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The only thing women say to me...um, well they kinda yell it out...and not at me in particular is......"RAPE"!!

Comment by asianprostitute1500
    01:01 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"I can’t have sex with your personality,
    and I can’t put my penis in your college degree,
    and I can’t shove my fist in your childhood dreams,
    so why you sharing all this information with me?"

03:32 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit. You're right.

00:38 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is why I always interpret a woman's action as "putting me in the friend zone". It's because they're always so misleading. The last thing I want is to misinterpret a woman's action as something that would invite an intimate relationship.

BTW, if a girl says "Can I lean on you?", is it a sign that she likes me?

00:48 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You put your arm around her as you let her lean on you. Believe me.

Unless she's your mom or sis. Then you say "No"

06:45 24/05/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Once you're "friend-zoned", you're pretty much screwed (in a bad way) :(

Comment by Xero
    00:41 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Damn I've been called by my first name so many times. I'm such a fool!

Also, forgetting some.
    11) Let's have dinner some time.
    12) I really had fun tonight.
    13) Really!? That's so interesting/cool.
    14) I really like spending time with you.
    15) So where is your place?

>.>

Comment by MidnightTide
    01:04 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now these I could see throwing guys some confusion, but she still could just really like you as a close friend. Don't women realize that men can't be "just friends" - we will always be thinking about having sex with you.

Comment by Xero
    01:13 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol, oh you.

Comment by Pandemonia
    04:55 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Friendzone </3

The only thing that bugs me more is guys who try far too hard because they think like that.

00:47 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

11. You're paying.
    12. Really, I did. I had fun tonight. Honest.
    13. Please stop talking about yourself.
    14. THIS is the only signal of interest you'll find.
    15. Pah.

05:14 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...

Don't assume that things will go your way when it comes to girls... it'd be better if you were thought as a dense person rather than someone assuming too much... -_-

Assumption is the mother of all f***ed up ideas...

Comment by kenzipo
    06:04 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are plenty of girls out there who lead guys on knowingly, but I have to say most women don't ever intend to send the wrong message or give false hope.

Most of my friends are guys, and I may do some of these things with them, but I'm not interested in them and I have no reason to believe they're interested in me. I act the same with my girlfriends. I joke around a lot and tend to touch/nudge people on the arm while I'm talking to them. I've been called a flirt before, but I'm really just very friendly. I've only had 1 or 2 people get the wrong idea as far as I know.

I can see number 3 as being very moe, but generally it might be awkward if she didn't say anything, especially in Japan. So it's more like being cute about it rather than bitchy. I'd say if she's comfortable being close to you (and possibly, maybe interested), she's more likely not to say anything in case you might feel offended or shift so that you're not touching at all.

The thing about "false hope" or these so-called "traps" is that it's probably just part of the girl's personality or how she acts with people she sees as friends and you can misinterpret this when you really like her. The best thing to do is to man up and talk to her about how you feel. She may not be aware of what she's doing or of how you feel.

If you just want her as a girlfriend or a hook-up, there's no reason not to be upfront and show your interest. She might be impressed by your honesty which could lead to something very positive. And rather than giving HER false hope of friendship, this way she'll know what you want from her. There's a mutual lead-on when a guy befriends a girl in order to get with her.

Comment by Vegio
    08:22 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"as far as I know"

kekeke

but i agree on your point about "talk to her about how you feel".
    That's the only good option you have, though sometimes the girl part is not even conscious about herself; i've been told, from a girl i used to like in the past, "i was wrong about not understanding your feelings, now that we don't meet each other i feel very lonely, i'd like to spend some time with you because i feel like i need you and the times in which we were together were important to me" and blablabla.
    we went out together a few times, until she said, after whining about her troubles, "we're just friends aswell, right?"

lol, we've never talked to each other anymore.

Comment by Tess
    04:41 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I couldn't agree more, since I'm always disappointed to find out another guy doesn't want to be just friends AND doesn't act on it at all. As a second note to guys, girls (me at least) are very impressed if you're just honest with your feelings. Only two of the many guys that have liked me actually confessed, and that was after I said I LIKED THEM.

Are you all really that lacking in courage? Even if I didn't like the guy before he confesses, I might fall for him right then and there, because I'll think "Ah, he really does care", and I'm a pretty stuck-up person. I just want you guys to believe in yourselves more!

I don't know if I've accidentally lead some guys on but, in general I tend to be very very nice to everyone but my close friends. To them I'm violent and bitchy. XD In any case, if I like a guy I'm likely to bake cookies or sweets for them, or make them food.. lol. Hopefully those guys get the picture, at least.

01:02 15/02/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

You don't understand how hard it is for guys to open up and confess nowadays, how would you feel if you got rejected right on the spot? And how about the awkward moments after that? IMO I don't think honesty actually works even though girls might get impressed. Just my personal opinion.

Comment by CS
    04:59 02/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"In any case, if I like a guy I’m likely to bake cookies or sweets for them, or make them food.. lol. Hopefully those guys get the picture, at least."

(Totally missed this first time around.)

Oh damn. I invite half my (irl) male friends over all the time and offer to feed them if they're hungry... and for that matter, offer them a resting place if they're tired or going to be driving a long way once they leave...

Oh dear.

Comment by Pandemonia
    04:52 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love being good with women <3

Comment by Pandemonia
    04:53 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually... i've come across most of these before and am currently single... so I guess i can't gloat too much.

Comment by BASHA
    02:26 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just hit and run my brethren!

Densha!

Comment by ZippyDSMlee
    01:47 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Some of those are just sad....

00:57 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

as if you wanted to avoid all these things, you have to do 2 things.

1st : always face the reality. just be cruel to yourself.
    2nd : don't think or fantasy of sweet things too much.

being cruel to yourself is considered bad, but is better before things gets out of control, and you hurt yourself bad and hurt her as well. and maybe friendship won't even stay for you and her.

Comment by Kanachan0
    02:57 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The indirect kiss is ridiculous, are they so much of clean freaks that they never drink from the same glass/bottle whatever so it's some kind of event?! O_o We always drink from the same bottle of wine, but I never even once thought bout "indirect kissing" XD

Comment by Tess
    04:19 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I only see sharing a drink as indirect kissing thanks to anime and whatnot. =.=; It's not a big deal even then, though. XD

Avatar of Ore wa seitei Souther!! Nanto rokusei no teiho![Takemaru]
    05:26 11/02/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The last time I got excited about this thing was in kindergarten, I was a little surprised, how this klisé persist in many anime.

00:58 23/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The whole "indirect kiss" thing is childish and stupid. The trouble one can get into by sharing a drink, seriously.

06:47 24/05/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

You see that A LOT in anime, visual novels, manga and movies.

Yeah right.....

Comment by Wav3e
    08:54 26/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1. “Let’s go home together.”
    shes scared off getting raped and she knows YOU aint got the balls to do it, so trust

2. Being called by my first name.
    she forgot your last

3. When she asks to have a sip of my drink (indirect kiss!).
    she ordered diet to be cute and its nasty, she comin for yours

she was hot and bothered, till she realized, oh, its just you, but still in her horny voice

5. Being talked to in a sweet voice.
    if she talking its naturally a sweet voice(i hope) women either talk, nag or yell so anything sound sweet compared to the other 2

6. When she responds to mails promptly.
    you interrupted her while she was talkin to someone she really wants to so she knocked you a they way real fast

7. When you’re invited to a lady’s home and told “Just take a seat on the bed.”
    she didnt say lay down or get under the sheets u horny idiot

8. Being told by her “I think I had a bit too much to drink!”
    if you do score, its only because shes gon out her mind, dont expect twosies

9. Receiving mails from her ending in heart marks.
    her handwriting is ugly so she gotta compensate

10. Discussing things when she’s looking up at you.
    if she was looking down on you then number 5 wasnt a worry

15:12 22/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ladies and gents, this anonymous is fucking confused when the girl he is almost in love with calls him by a nickname and talks sweetly with him... (roughly numbers 2 and 5) Yet the relationship has not advanced because of mindgames.

Comment by Bronxdragon
    00:37 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Will I be stoned if I say none of this has ever happened to me.