Basquash! Oppai Anime

basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-1.jpg

Mecha anime Basquash has failed to garner too much attention for anything save its loving recreation of oppai physics as yet, demonstrated by the appealing Miyuki above

You can see more of it below, though oppai lovers will be better served by watching the highly animated feature itself…

basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-2.jpg
basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-33.jpg
basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-34.jpg
basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-35.jpg
basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-36.jpg
basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime-37.jpg
basquash-sexy-miyuki-oppai-anime.jpg

Observers can’t help but note its international flavour…

Comment by Muzaffar
    02:31 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The animation does look interesting, but since its mostly about basketball I'm going to pass on this one.
    Also LOL'ed at around 0.26 in the video, the team has the same colors as the L.A. Lakers....

Comment by kenjiharima
    00:47 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Great animation, though the story is not in my type of genre.

Comment by Kip
    00:05 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Michiko to Hatchin meets Rideback meets... Megas XLR?

Why haven't I heard anything about this series until now?

Comment by CC
    02:59 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

First pic under the video does look a lot like rideback.. in car form.
    Song reminds me of Supershooter/Gantz.

Oh well I'll watch.. whether I like it or not I'll figure out after watching.

01:03 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Saw the first ep, it was fucking great.

Just don't except any deep character/story developpement, it's all about FUN.

Comment by uragayduck
    00:41 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*sigh*, i had a feeling people would put this off because of the quirky idea of basketball and mechs. it's stupid assumptions and narrow minded thinking like these that don't give creative shows like these a chance. believe it or not, the Valkryie idea of the Gerwalk form from Macross was shot down in flames because it was odd and not similar to Gundam. now look at the series, it stands apart from Gundam because of that quirky bird like form (and of course the music and other good stuff).

what really reeled me in was the setting of the world itself. no really, it's like they threw in a beautiful European painting which clashes with the mechs and basketball giving off that odd feeling....but it works! that's something i haven't seen in anime in a long time aside from Miyazaki movies. well, seeing how we got French flavor being put into work here it's no wonder it feels different.

and most of all, take a look at the all star cast. no really, i don't see why anyone wouldn't want to watch it for the cast especially if you're a Macross Frontier fan. Enou Aya does a surprising voice over for her character because it doesn't sound anything similar to anything she's done yet. oh and just wait until the intro is shown with Nakajima Megumi, Tomatsu Haruka, and Hayami Saori singing what is probably going to be a top hit.

what i'm saying is, give it a chance before slapping the boring label on it. just because it doesn't follow the norm doesn't mean it's not going to be great. hell, Kawamori Shoji even stated that he didn't want to make a serious series like Macross Frontier with this but rather a fun one. it's alot better than K-ON for sure.

01:58 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME. Mecha makes everything better.

01:06 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese are racist, that's why they don't do black.

Comment by JOE THE BEST CRITIC EVER
    10:05 11/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

(waRning uncivilized commentary below)
    I admit, when I read the concept, I thought this show was going to be utter garbage, no better than a hood rat uterus-turd born from a black welfare mom; Destined to smoke crack and rape people who find themselves in the wrong neighborhood.... But boy was i ever wrong..

(decent commentary)
    This show is pure fun!!! Those expecting a intellectual challenge from this show are they themselves intellectually challenged. Mechas playing basketball...Of course its not going to take itself seriously. But with the best production values I've seen this year, voice acting of the highest caliber, and a charming world-scape that draws you into believing that giant robots wearing nikes belong there; it is one show that, if not simply for its aesthetic properties, should be seen by any anime fan.

(warning indecent)
    And I'll come off my high horse, Miyuki is totally an instant boner! I won't let myself be degraded my fapping to someones drawings; but if i were to FAP like I've never fapped before, it would be to miyuki. I could used my dong to break diamonds!

WATCH THIS SHOW BEFORE YOU JUDDGE IT. AND IF YOU FAP TO ANIMATIONS, WHIP IT OUT AND WATCH THIS SHIT WITH A BUNCH OF KLEENEX AND JERKINS.

Comment by Faf
    15:48 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YEAH BALL AND MECHA GOGOGOGOG

But seriously, I'm interested in the world concept they've set up there. Looks great, I get the feeling it's promising action as well as compelling characters and a storyline.

Just gonna watch it and ignore haters, you all should do the same.

Comment by Dunk Mask
    13:09 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really liked basquash!!

great animation^^

Comment by Persocom
    14:16 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

might have to check this one out, bears a strange resemblance to Rideback but maybe less violence?

15:24 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love Megumi Nakajima!

Comment by dmil666
    18:02 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No sir, I don't like it.

Comment by muteKi
    17:30 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Interesting. Someone's been trying to get me interested in this show.

Having seen these screengrabs I suppose it's not ridiculous to think that this is Eureka Seven, but with basketball instead of boarding? Could be cool.

Comment by foeevaddr
    18:08 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wow. futuristic robot basketball?

Comment by Nekonomicon
    18:21 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just watched it, it like animation and character design but some how the concept of basketball + mecha doesn't seem to blend well for me.

Comment by sankyuu
    18:22 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

makes me think of the infamous japanese "nigga" sketch

Comment by BuggyBY
    19:18 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean Tokyo Breakfast, right? I love it.

18:22 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Basquash tries too hard to be hip and cool and edgy. It crosses the line between "overblown but cool" and "ridiculous and stupid."

Comment by iapfah
    17:08 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Basquash looks cool, but I'm certainly not going to start it unless it garners overwhelming praise.

Comment by b0122
    17:26 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I went ahead and watched the raw version cuz I had confidence in the director Shoji Kawamori, who also did Macross series, Eureka 7, Genesis of Aquarion, Ghost In the Shell. He worked on at least the mecha designs, if not, script and others. And Basquash! 1st episode was quite impressive to me. The artwork was fabulous, as he did in Macross F too. Can't really tell much about the plot, but the suspense progressed well for the first episode.
    Think about it guys~

Comment by b0122
    17:29 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

although, i did hear some feedback saying that the character design for the protagonist was a bit disappointing. the character development doesn't look good.

Comment by kran
    17:13 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed. It doesn't seem all that good.

Comment by Zelgadis4tw
    17:19 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Unfortunately I must agree with you on both counts. The show looks pretty good but yet...

Comment by maru
    16:59 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like I won't be getting my dose of mecha this season.

Comment by Firo
    17:09 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*boing, boing* Oh, how would that sound in Japanese?

Comment by Anchan-sama
    20:06 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sore wa "purun.. purun!" or "pururun!"

Comment by Chrouya
    22:14 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Or just simply boin...

Comment by Keigami
    17:14 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Basketball... mecha?

Comment by Cicle
    03:57 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm kind of annoyed that we are getting another anime with black people in it.

Comment by Artefact

Perhaps you should just crawl back into whatever racist backwater you came from? Should you even be watching funny Chinese cartoons?

Comment by LoliHat
    05:31 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Little brown girls!

Little brown girls!

*Does a little dance*

Also, FOAD to the all the racists

Comment by GEL
    10:43 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...dare I ask what anime YOU'RE watching? Black people in anime is pretty ridiculously rare. I mean what, are you referring to Gidget from Eureka 7 who had like 5 minutes of screen time TOTAL in the whole f'ing series?! Or Afro Samurai? What?

Honestly Miyuki is the entire reason I'm watching this one. It's nice to actually see a black girl in anime, especially a cute and likeable one and more than that she's actually a primary character and the #1 source of fanservice for the show!

Comment by CKraCKset
    21:11 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so true

17:41 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Basketball + Mecha = What?

Comment by Akumaten
    23:15 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

an intresting concept since surfing robots via Eureka Seven

Comment by Exia
    19:33 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WHAT?!

Comment by takuya
    20:14 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

= epic for me =p i love basketball.. i love mechs.. therefore i must love basquash?

Comment by Lost
    22:43 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

tbh CGI mech = bad imo specily this one it stands out like a saw thum.. to much cgi for me to give more time to it oppi was intresting

17:24 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ugh. The year of the Ox quite literally seems to translate that way, the year of the oppai cow utters.

Can't wait till 2010.

18:31 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Eh, I might watch if for the cute blonde reverse trap.

19:08 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fat naruto with a afro in picture 20

Comment by Tommy
    21:03 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's really not that bad like everyone said. Give it a chance try to watch episode 1 and then decide. It won't kill you to try.

Comment by Xavi
    21:41 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes it will, because if I watch one episode I MUST watch ALL of it! It's one of my silly resolutions that I've failed to apply only on 2 or 3 instances.

Also from one episode you can't really understand what will follow or how the plot continues. Many promising anime titles looked very promising on episode one and then ruined it to disastrous levels (e.g. My-Hime in the last 2 episodes).

Comment by CC
    02:57 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You're not the only one.. dropped 2 series from what I can remember and 'saw it trough' with many others.

Still need to somehow watch the last episode of White Album.

06:03 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dont waste ur time.
    That protagonist was a complete douche. I wonder how much thought went into the actual story line, im guessing about 5 minutes worth.

Comment by Virgin Otaku
    22:03 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is stupid, basing the appeal of an entire series on the last episodes. Way to waste the 24 episodes worth of hardworking animators blood sweat and tears.

Comment by Xavi
    22:32 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I didn't discredit them, I liked the anime overall but they blew up the ending. Such a good plot, voice actors, art only to ruin it in the finale. Pity indeed...

Also, I was just describing an example of how you can't make your mind for an anime title just by watching only one episode. I didn't want to trash My(Mai)-Hime entirely.

Comment by Tate
    20:58 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

looks like pretty good quality animation and cg but basketball and mecha? this anime is targeting a very specific demographic...Americans and the hip hop/rap crowd. way to stereotype a show about basketball guys.

Comment by CKraCKset
    21:13 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i saw nothing about hip hop in the show