Minami-ke Okaeri Drawing Fail

okaeri-fail.jpg

Although the response to baka yarou anime Minami-ke Okaeri’s first episode was cautiously optimistic, despite a disastrous blunder, nobody can help but notice the less than first rate animation and character design, or Asread quality as it has come to be known. Merciless 2ch gathers the oddest above.

With all these from but one episode, we might wonder if the anime is looking to qualify for the fail gallery, and given the usual progression of quality we see in anime, we have to wonder whether the worst is yet to come…

anime-manga-drawing-fail-2.jpg

12:56 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This level of animation quality is not bad. srsly. Instead, it's very entertaining and enjoyable to watch

Comment by Lain
    11:29 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As long as I find this season to be comical, I honestly won't care for the QUALITY. I never watched Minami-ke for good designs, or good animation to begin with.

All the same, they must fix those mistakes in the DVDs (or much preferably on future episodes).

Comment by RyoBase
    13:18 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

totally disaster, the characters look worse than ever. I've been bothered since S2.

Comment by kebrus
    15:17 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

just watched this episode... GOD!!!.. visually speaking it simply sucks, while season 2 is worse than season 1, mainly it only felt "different" but this season is so bad...

1. essentially still images being panned in different directions
    2. very basic animation (eyes movements, head turning)
    3. really odd faces, and it's not just sometimes, it's constant and in every character, sometimes even proportions are wrong, and to add more to the fail boat, look at this image: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/kebrus/fail.png
    4. because the faces are so bad, and the animations so few some things like the "water-drop-shape" mouth that we all knew is constantly present, while in season 1 that only happens in order to be funny in season 3 they are constantly with that stupid expression on their faces, while previously was fun now is just stupid and annoying
    5. one thing i remember from the first season (and even from the second) is that i was constantly really laughing out loud, with this season while it does have some funny moments, it's just not laughable, and most of the time predictable... i'm hoping this is something from this episode alone..

i'm really disappointed

Comment by kebrus
    05:45 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh, in case someone didn't notice in my image, look at the briefcase...

Comment by StahnAileron
    18:26 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So I just tried to watch Ep 1...

And I get the feeling I'd be better off with an audio-only with Subs rendition...

Maybe the studio is trying to go for a CD- ddrama style...though if so, I wonder why bother with the animation side of things...

S1 was great...

S2 had issues, but at least it was watchable from an Animation viewpoint, and still entertaining for content...As another post mentions, it just felt different compared to one. (While I give it that, I still don't like how MUCH it was changed from S1 to S2...)

S3...Why...? Even Crescent Love (Or "Cabbage Love" as it got known as later...Those who have seen the series in question will get the reference quickly. I'm too lazy to look up and type out the whole title right now...) started out with decent animation quality before dropping (And even then, I'm not sure it dropped to as much as a low as Minami-ke S3 seems to have hit in the first ep...)

It makes my eyes hurt...

Only other anime I've seen to date that has this much of a horrendous animation sequence was SHUFFLE! It's latter eps had some HORRIBLY animated sections. (You can practically tell which scenes were handlesd by different in-betweener studios.) aslead/asread seems to have had a hand in taht series too, according to ANN.

*sigh*

Series needs to be given back to Doumo, if at least for animation handling and production. S3's gonna have to be DAMN funny if it's to make me get over the visuals...

Comment by Piroko
    05:30 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh God. Droopy eyes!

Comment by Fatty
    05:46 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

+1 for no black faces
    -1000 for failures like this

+10000 for it being minami-ke, so I'll still watch

08:26 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Honestly, the animation quality is pretty half-assed. Those of you who support it by saying "it's just fine" either have really low standards, or you also half-ass everything in your life.

Unless they do some major overhauling for the DVD's, I wouldn't consider it worth buying at all.

Comment by Fatalmemory
    22:39 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Least the overall style looks better than Kyo no Go no Ni.

I could almost put up with it.

Comment by Andrew
    02:33 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, I'm way more concerned about the directing style.

Season 1 was genius; everything was timed pretty well for hilarity purposes, and the musical stings seem to be in all the right places. And the last episode was glorious. I sense the director's passion.

I'm only a few episodes into the second, but this seems more obligatory. But where's the humor? I guess it's there, but its presentation takes away the effect of the humor.

I might finish seasons 2 and 3; if I do, it might only be on obligation rather than passion, so to speak. But I would only show season 1 to my friends.

Comment by Tyciol
    13:21 29/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think we should consider whether or not the animators are doing this on purpose. Just think back to the whole Rozen Maiden-ish eye rolling in the Okawari opening. They REALLY like to fuck with characters' eyes. They may even know about the bad drawing meme and throw that in there from time to time, sort of like how they constantly do :{)

21:32 17/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OH LAWD The second pic made me shitbricks and facepalm XD

15:50 13/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

they all have down syndrome

12:43 23/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

girl in second pic looks like a bug XD

Comment by 13
    15:30 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

feel so sorry for the die hard fans :(

Comment by S_K
    13:57 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I just watched the first episode of season three and season one back to back. Quite a marked decline, but as others have said as long as there's that unmistakable Minami-ke-ness to it I'll keep watching.

16:04 09/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...how low can they sink... the eyes are looking in different directions...

Comment by margafred
    20:48 11/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My only comment is..

Minami Ke first season still stood as the best Minami Ke season...no doubt about that.

12:51 12/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

omfg kana and haruka look so freakin retarded >.< where is the next season for that awesome show minami-ke?

05:18 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So how in the hell did Aslead get rights to the third season, anyway? You'd figure they would learn their lesson after the hypothetical season two, but I guess they are determined to end Minami-ke with an even greater split between season one fans and season two/three fans.

Comment by flip
    23:01 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*sigh* my worries confirmed. I might try to watch it -_- i really want to like it y'know.

Comment by kebrus
    05:33 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I feel your pain :\ I want to like it too...

Comment by Guest
    22:49 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess you can make another anime failure gallery with the whole minami-ke okaeri series alone

Comment by blinx01
    23:14 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This poor poor series...
    Such a slating from so called fans and tbh honest, it's not even that bad in terms of animation, especially for a show which obviously has a fairly low/modest budget to work with.

09:59 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A low budget isn't an excuse for bad animation.

Comment by flip
    23:53 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i'm not calling it a bad show. It just feels so different from the 1st season

Comment by metatron
    23:19 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh good god *facepalm*

and this only on the 1st eps >.>

Comment by Firo
    00:56 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just thinking what awaits us in next eps... I better get ready both mentally and physically O_o

Comment by gordon
    23:36 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

epic phailz.

Comment by anon1
    22:44 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They should've learnt their lesson and hand the series back to Doumu. But noooooo they had to do this.

Comment by ObrokenO
    22:12 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Are these people doing this on purpose? If there just gonna make crap of the series then why even bother with a third season.

Comment by Ichigo69
    00:34 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There was a second season?

Comment by Spoony Bard
    05:22 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There is no second season, it's a myth.

Comment by Kouta
    08:12 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There's no third season either.

Comment by Tyciol
    13:23 29/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

First: Minami-ke
    Second: +Okawari
    Third: -wa+e

Comment by butok
    Comment by ToastCrust
    21:23 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Man, that Kana face is going to make a magnificient macro.

Comment by Garland
    21:32 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit sucks. End of story. <3

Comment by exia
    21:33 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i just started to watch minami first season, and i can tell u that that the first season looks undoubtedly better. this looks like it was made in a sweat shop by hundreds of little kids.

04:36 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The first season had a different company producing it. That's why there's such a huge difference in quality.

Comment by GFC
    21:43 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ahh.. i can't believe what they did from one of my favorite anime.. that's just horrible!

Comment by SnooSnoo
    23:48 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Is that shot of Haruka-nee-sama on the right really from Episode 1?! Holy mother fucking cow

23:52 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe this is another DVD sales tactics?
    'If TV FAIL than DVD is WIN!'

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    04:24 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I cant wait to see if the DVD/Blu-ray version will be as crappy looking XD

Comment by Evolve.60
    11:01 23/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Then we can finally watch the phail in HD/Blu-ray

Comment by kenjiharima
    04:12 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DVD/BLU Ray...They'll fix that. Maybe...

Comment by Spanky
    05:00 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Minami-ke has only 1 season. The supposed 2nd season was just a weird dream. The 3rd season is starting to be like that dream where your in school with just your rocketship underwear.

Comment by eksuterru-kun
    09:03 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

which means the 3rd season is a total knightmare!!!

Comment by xxstraywolfxx
    Comment by Onsokumaru
    01:54 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You guys need to stop being asses and wailing on Minami-ke like this. It's not that bad. Season 1 was great, and I'm watching season 2 (inb4 LOLOL THERE WAZ A SEASON 2?) and I'm loving every moment of it. Okaeri will be just as great.

Stop being little kids for god sakes. They'll most likely fix it for the DVD release. Jesus christ.

Comment by Echo
    05:15 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

haha i wish they could fix the ENTIRE animation for dvd releases. I'll still watch this, because I watched season 2 and enjoyed the minami-keness of it all, but I don't blame the people who only see season 1. It just looks so much better