Eri Takenashi Recovers From Surgery, Kannagi to Resume

Eri Takenashi Recovers From Surgery, Kannagi to Resume

ComicREX have made the following announcement, which should ease the hearts of all those concerned over Kannagi mangaka Eri Takenashi’s grievous health problems, as well as the fate of Kannagi:

Regarding the hiatus of “Kannagi”:

We are aware that we have caused the readers of “Kannagi” a great deal of concern through the matter of its suspension.

Takenashi was abruptly struck down by a sudden illness shortly after the manuscript for the December issue of ComicREX was completed, and after this she was immediately hospitalised due to her critical condition; as a result, publication of Kannagi was suspended.

After this, she underwent surgery, which proved successful, and now her condition is favourable and she is moving towards a period of convalescence.

After the publication of the January edition of ComicREX, there were some reports to the effect that “Takenashi has ceased publication due to the calumnies she was subjected to”, but this is not the case.

Takenashi is currently hospitalised, but even so she has expressed a desire to move towards resuming her writing.

We hope that readers will be kind enough to wait whilst she convalesces.

The official announcement was brought to my attention by a comment left by BranGor, so thanks are in order.

07:54 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, what wonderful news! I was worried that Kannagi would forever stay unfinished. I'm so glad she's better! ^_^

07:53 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

SHE LIVES! THANK YOU GOD!
    Bloodlust for the fail otakus on 2ch... fading.

Comment by Coco the Bean
    09:31 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Hooray! Glad she's going to be alright!

14:37 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Like any popular mangaka she will talk about it in author column or something like that in the next release probably.

10:53 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I appreciate that the author recovered, but I don't understand what the hype is all about in regards to the actual story is concerned...

...it's well-drawn, but just seems like more of that
    "innocent, helpless girl depends on socially inept loser" crap to me...

21:05 26/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

He's a socially inept loser? Sure he's not some popular shojo genre stud of a male lead or anything but he seems pretty normal to me. As long you don't have anything that's female falling in love with for the dumbest reasons then it fine by me. Nagi and her sister aren't really interested in him, at the very lest at the beginning, so its fine.

Comment by Erml
    07:23 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

GREAT SUCCESS!

Comment by XSportSeeker
    Comment by Lain
    05:06 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally some good news. I hope she can pick up Kannagi in a near future.

Comment by Citrus
    05:16 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank God.

Takenashi-sensei can take as long as she wants to recover - her fans will still be waiting for her after all.

Comment by Lantis
    14:50 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah~
    What a relief~
    I'm so happy for this.

Comment by TheAndySan
    15:58 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Excellent! I wish her well!!

08:01 21/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank you, Nagi-sama.

Will be looking forward to the eventual second season of the anime.

12:36 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

want to see more Nagi, happy that's she's on the road to recovery.
    and really, it's a 2d character. IF you really want to get at it she's also been alive for how long?
    a beings carnal life is NOYFB to begin with.. if it's shared OK.... if it's not OK.
    there comes a time when ya have to grow up and pull your own head out of your ass.

11:00 17/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I pray to everything that could hear my prayer so she could get better,healthy and live a long happy life. And not because I would like to see more Kannagi, but beacause I am thankfull for what she has done, and I think she is a good person :-)

Comment by metatron
    17:44 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank god for the good news! and thank god for those awesome doctors who performed the surgery to her \(^o^)/

Comment by COSMO
    14:42 01/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank godness she's alright!! Whew!! Miss Eri, If you see this forum, I just wanna say Congrats! And don't get depressed anymore!! Kannagi is a GOOD manga with unique storyline. Sometimes you just cannot help preventing those blockhead bastard popping out ya know. You cannot please every human ya know? There will be always challenge in life. The important thing is to remember that you still have fans who loved your work and wish you finished your work until the end.

Ganbatte kudasai!! \(^0^)/

07:49 14/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's great to hear.

I hope there will be some news soon.

02:11 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it probably was a serious illness requiring legitimate surgery, but they hyped it up a lot more than was really necessary. Without the "Nagi is a slut" controversy I think they would simply have said "The manga is going on hiatus due to health concerns" and left it at that, and made an announcement if the mangaka died. All this OMG SHE CAN'T MOVE GUYS THIS IS SERIOUS was only in response to all the "lol she's depressed because of the slut controversy"

Personally I think the illness was probably something like appendicitis- serious, painful, requires surgery- but not life threateningly catastrophic cancer with a 90% chance of death or something.

That said, I'm glad the mangaka is well.

05:58 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lawl, second-hand crap is hilarious.

She's a goddess for crying out loud. Why would anyone expect she's a virgin? Its like saying C.C is a virgin.

Goddamn retards and they're idol obsessing bs.

Agreed, it was most likely some sort of cover up scheme to get over depression or just some stupid illness. Maybe she had canker sores...

02:07 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

As long as she gets back to her job then I don't care if this is some sympathy stunt or not. Not that I read Kannagi all that frequently, but if I recall correctly she's still a staff member of Type-Moon, the faster they get that remake of Tsukihime out, the better.

18:28 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

how can you remake something that was never made in the first place?

Comment by lolwut
    16:12 06/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A game called Tsukihime certainly exists. It is made of win and god. A remake of that with voices and better story graphics would be epic! And of course, you cannot forget a sacchin route!!

Now there are people who contend that an anime exists, but there is no such thing ;)

I have read Kannagi and i'm glad the author is on the way to recovery. I am a fan of the story, and while I can only read the scanlations, I look forward to this interesting work. The concept and character of the characters (especially Nagi) interests me.

Comment by lolwut
    16:15 06/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

forgot to add, as I'd expect of one who works in the epic win that is type-moon. Always able to create unique stories or characters, or better yet, both!

Comment by butok
    22:45 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

yea and hope the eng scans come out fast =.=

Comment by Disc-Co
    22:48 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Second that.

Comment by alex1_phang3
    22:57 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That makes me the third

Comment by S_K
    02:41 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I plead the 5th.

01:44 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

4th 4 me....

23:17 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Ahh this is great news, thanks for letting us know. I hope she makes a quick and full recovery.

Comment by Jade
    23:30 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i wonder if the news every mentioned abt the specific sickness she got...what surgery she performed...and etc

while im glad that she is recover from her sickness...
    but somewhere in my mind, i can smell "keikaku dori" coming from Eri

Comment by Artefact

You're quite right that they still left out any specifics. Sounds a bit extreme for a PR move, but stranger things have happened...

Comment by EroKero
    23:28 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank thee oh magnificent all powerful being(s)! I be agnostic, so I do not know which of thee to prostrate under, but I still giveth mine thanks!

Comment by alex1_phang3
    22:40 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Go Eri!! Show those fools (you KNOW which bunch I am refering to) what is a GOOD story!!!

Comment by Polo
    22:39 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm glad that she is recovering and that nothing more serious happened. I will happily wait for her to continue her work after she feels well enough.

Thank you, Artefact and BranGor, for the announcement and translation respectively.

Comment by wwW
    22:06 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally some good news

Comment by xyber
    22:03 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That's good to hear! Hope she get's well soon!

Comment by kenjiharima
    22:08 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Glad to hear that. I wonder her sickness would affect the story or artwork?

Comment by Anonyman
    22:21 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That's great news. Hope she gets back on her feet soon.

Comment by Chroniko
    22:21 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Best wishes for her.

Comment by Akiya
    23:35 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Glad to hear that it wasn't anything related to Slutgate.

Comment by anon
    01:48 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank God or Medical science!
    I hope she can make a speedy and comfortable recovery.
    I wonder if this will affect the drawing skill or story in any way...?

01:53 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I smell alot of BS involved here. Where are all the details? Wasn't it just yesterday or two that they just said she was so sick she couldn't move. Now they performed surgery without saying what it was. Too much secrecy (even for privacy concern) involved here.

Comment by mw
    02:05 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, if the hospital had just put her under anaesthesia at the time Kazuya Minekura's posting, then she would've been unable to "move her body".

I'll give Minekura the benefit of the doubt here. It's possible that we've just been misled by an ambiguous, overdramatized post.

Comment by Artefact
    07:56 13/12/2008 # ! Incalculable

I think the editors really invited this kind of speculation by not releasing enough unambiguous details, but what they have put out now seems reasonably convincing.

What if she had made a botched suicide attempt (I do not in any way way think this the case) - would we hear of it? No. That would be a "sudden illness" too.

Whatever the case, she seems to be on the road to recovery, so that is enough for now.

Comment by radical anime fan
    01:32 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

*reads post*
    *phew*

Comment by mina
    01:23 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Congratulations, Takenashi-sensei! I don't read Kannagi, but best of luck in getting better!!

Comment by basilio
    00:13 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Good to hear that she's making a recovery ^^.

Comment by raikentb
    00:02 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Awesome. Now if only the mangaka for D.Gray-man would get better :(