Outrage Over Schoolgirl Trousers

preview9e5bd65072f761e9188c7b6868f0b1cf.jpg

After complaints from parents over cold legs, a school has opted to reform its uniform to allow schoolgirls to dispense with skirts, if they choose. The prospect of allowing schoolgirls to wear trousers has attracted outrage.

However, with the plan being organised by teachers, a normal choice of trousers proved impossible, and “pantaloons” were settled on to preserve the modesty of the schoolgirls, now they would no longer be displaying their legs…

t2008120929seeraa_b.jpg

The plan was implemented by a (nearly) girls only high school, where many cycle to school, and apparently complaints arose over cold legs.

Quoth the school:

“We initially tried ‘boots cut’ and ‘low rise slacks’, etc, but when we had girls trial them, they exposed their backs and bellies when stretching out their arms; this was felt to be too stimulating in a high school. So the principal opted for pantaloons.”

“Sailor uniforms were originally the uniforms of sailors, they match any sort of trousers.”

However local papers soon reported the matter, and an outcry on the Internet arose. “It’s an outrageous revival of militarism!”, “They look like they’re in wartime, and it’s totally unfashionable.”

A minority actually considered the plight of the girls cycling about in the freezing temperatures.

When it comes to the girls themselves, a third of them (some 300) cycle to school. Orders for the new uniforms opened this month, and one person has reserved one. The pupils themselves are said to be of mixed opinion – some say they’d never wear them, whilst others thought it a good idea.

Via ZakZak.

Schoolgirl fashion is serious business. Clearly, no one would have come out and said this, but what proportion must have objected on predictable lolicon grounds?

Comment by clannadfanboy213
    17:39 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I know someone is going to flame me for this, but oh well... The people complaining about this seriously need to get a life. I say the Japanese government force UNISEX uniforms on all schools. I'm sick of most school uniforms. They are a sign of blatant sexism in the modern world, and I can't believe so many teachers insist on drastically different uniforms for boys and girls. I don't care how much this post makes you hate me. I simply don't see the justification in girls wearing skirts in winter and boys wearing sweaty long pants in summer (shorts, anyone?) just because a group of shady teachers with no originality decided so. Is it to separate and identify boys and girls so that they can be discriminated against? Also, I don't like how ugly the male uniform is sometimes. I watch Lucky Star and while the girls' uniform is bright and catches the eye, the boys' uniform is BORING, with no striking features or similarity to the girls'! Hehee. Bring on the flames!

Comment by Adew

just one word: FAIL.

Comment by Neo X Alucard
    12:11 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You should have just said fail. The "just one word" part makes u FAIL, smart ass. Aside from all that, I agree with clannadfanboy. All those people whining and arguing are just mad b/c the would no longer be nut busting with their school girl fetish, it would be a thing of the past (and I lol to that).

I think it would be great for the students to have more choices in their uniform, anyone complaining about that is probably some perv lurking in the bushes.

Comment by Nebel
    00:08 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

sexy.... XD NOT!

Comment by Fadzreeq
    19:17 23/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It does look ridiculous...one way to see it. Rather give it to girls, ask the boys to try it instead.

For girls, I guess the skirt should be longer and the waist level should be up a bit.

Trousers...huh!

Comment by 5p.
    22:18 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Some kinds of trousers look good on girls.

These ones do not.

I can see why the school didn't want to opt for long skirts (those are associated with yankee culture), but the way these trousers are cut is just horrible. The school should have opted for a different cut. If the girls accidentally expose their midriff while stretching, then get them to be more careful. Same as how they shouldn't sit with their legs spread while wearing a skirt.

Or maybe they should wear hakama? :D

23:31 19/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

agreed! fuck skirts! hakama should be the new girls uniform!

04:24 03/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuckin' signed. They'd be warm AND they'd still look adorable.

Comment by Prthivi
    07:58 24/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe pantaloons or trousers will become fetish in the future.

Comment by Nagi
    16:07 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I am kinda on both sides of this. One I love Sailor fuku's, they are adorable. I have always wanted to wear a uniform like that. When my school was going to implicate uniforms into school...They wanted to have sweats and a t-shirt. Ick. At least they aren't trying to impliment something like that.
    To me...-5 in a skirt is nothing..I have done the same in -50 weather, but I fully agree..Cold legs are no fun. I do think that most of the girls won't choose this option unless they really like the pants or on those super cold days. I also agree with it being an option and not forced because some people, myself included,really prefer skirts over pants.
    I do think the outfit looks very military..I dunno, seems cuter with the skirt.
    As my last point I will say it is a little appaling how sexualized this has all gotten and then the question of morality does come in..As well as the well-being of these girl's. It is a very legitamate concern. How would you feel if you had to cycle to school in a short skirt?

Comment by gg
    15:05 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

why dont they just wear stockings or something similar.. solves the problem easily

Comment by unico
    01:57 11/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

...?
    stockings jackshyte for cold weather.
    they are not built as an insulator!

13:32 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

A fat girl with short skirt and sailor fuku exposing her fat belly and fat back when lifting her arms isn't really so sexy . I'm sure there are fat girls in Japan too.

Comment by Neo X Alucard
    15:55 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL... did u think b4 you wrote that?

Comment by Tommy
    22:10 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I would prefer the girls have the sailor suit rather than the outfit but when it come to cold legs or cold weather you will have no choice but no wear them.

Comment by sunstreaker
    21:48 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

This is a bad idea. Traditions of trousers for boys and skirts for girls should continue.

Comment by clannadfanboy213
    22:57 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

And what is your justification? Do you stand up for tradition alone or do you have some other ulterior reason for saying that?

23:29 19/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I say that all male votes shouldn't count in the first place on this subject, its not up to males to decide whether girls where skirts or pants, its up to girls.

this sort of thing makes me ashamed to be the same gender as these people. how disgusting.

14:38 25/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

noooooooooooooooooooooooo, have mercy to people who have skirt fetishes nooooo

Comment by Ukonkivi
    18:02 22/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I urge any male who is against this to wear a skirt themselves.

00:00 26/12/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I would even do that when we had school uniforms^^

01:52 23/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Down with trousers

I Mean When the girls are waering trousere....Where I get the pantsu Pics.....

Skirte FTW

07:13 08/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Oy. I'm a schoolgirl, and I say fuck skirts. "What's wrong with wearing tights under a skirt," you say? Pfft, like that helps. It's still fucking cold. And I know I can't speak for all of America, but very few girls actually wear skirts where I go to school. Most kids, male or female, wear pants/jeans. Why? It's easier, most of us dress for comfort over fashion if we're given the choice, and our legs don't freeze off. If you're worried about being "unfashionable," you wear skinny jeans instead of a frilly skirt. It's impractical and just doesn't make any sense.

Comment by Dia
    02:10 09/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You'd think that they'd start their revival of militarism with forming an army instead of having schoolgirls wear trousers.

13:34 23/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The original seifuku worn by girls had trousers anyways.

It can't be that big of a deal.

Ever since the 20s, then 30s, and the 40s...

12:11 19/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol, so long as anime girls don't have to wear pants too XD

actually, this option is a good alternative. another option would be to wear tights under the skirt but that's entirely up to them.

Comment by THE TRUE FACE OF THE INTERNET
    18:52 29/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

why don't they just wear them extra tight? i'm an ass guy

Comment by Wandering_Youth
    17:29 19/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That uniform just look out right funny, imo

I agree that uniform just looks really unfashionable, but on the other hand it will make school life a bit easier in terms of comfort when it's winter.

High ho, sailor! : P

22:14 06/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Reminds me of my old uniform.

Comment by Danielnoctis
    03:51 16/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh Fuck this thing,
    looks like shit
    sounds like shit
    must feel like shit.

At least don't fuck up with the spring uniforms.

06:53 17/06/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

lol you didn't read, did you? It's for winter time and it's optional.

Comment by EleutheroZeroONE
    19:11 06/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What's wrong with Sailor Suits?

Comment by Chad
    03:57 12/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What's wrong with tights under their skirt? So many anime girls do it anyways. Though, there's no reason pants wouldn't work. Anime girlshave done that to (points to Sailor Moon as an early example).

Comment by kareal
    12:50 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I think girls'd look cute in anything as long as they're cute.

And really, those suits ARE pretty cute in the first place.

Comment by DeGrade
    23:11 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

This may be the last place to say this, but the whole uniform stunt of Japan's needs to die when it goes this far. The girls are cold, let them wear pants. Whoop - de - doo. How the hell is flashing leg 'modest' anyways?

Comment by kenjiharima
    23:22 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lets all just have regular clothes. The symbol of the school is important not the uniform itself. It's just for loli, high school fetish...

Comment by maru
    22:50 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

NOOOOOOOO NEVER! ToT

Comment by EroKero
    22:38 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm actually kinda wierded out by the fact it looks exactly like a set of U.S. Navy sailor Dress Whites dyed dark blue. Coincidence? I don't care.

Comment by E.J.
    22:09 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

You know, the schoolgirls from the place i'm from have been using pants for a long time, in the beginning the pants were horrid baggy things, but now they use a nice adjusted and thight ones... they look rather well.

Comment by Tragic comedy
    23:39 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I think its nice, really.

23:46 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I just dropped off my little brother in law that other day at his high school and it was freezing, yet most of the girls still decided to wear skirts even though a simple khaki pants option is available.

Both him and I were in shock at such decisions as him and I had thermals under our own pants and could not imagine being out in such attire (if we were girls or Scotsmen I assume).

In any case, although he did not have an opinion, I told him that maybe they didn't want to look like a bunch of lesbians...or perhaps fashion truly is at the top of their priority list (no matter the circumstance). I guess what I'm trying to say is that unless they start offering a fashionable jean option, people shouldn't worry too much about their beloved cultural icon going away anytime soon.

Comment by Artefact
    03:23 10/12/2008 # ! Incandescent

None of the schools I went to had uniforms, but one nearby actually had a unisex uniform consisting of black jeans and sweater - problem solved, some might say.

Comment by Zargon
    00:44 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Girls in long pants/trousers turn me on more than skirts. I guess people like me are the reason long pants can't be accepted on school girls.

Oh wait, I'm probably a minority. ;p

Comment by Hectotane
    00:38 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lives need to be haved over at Japan.

\_-_-;_/

00:01 10/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, because pants on girls is SO outrageously unprecedented. Women today NEVER wear anything but skirts.

OTL, guys.

19:39 24/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

women NEVER wear anything but skirts?
    what universe are you living on?
    you guys are just a bunch of pervs

23:46 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Doesn't look too bad

Comment by Dorne
    22:05 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it's a good idea. What's wrong with that? I mean my old Catholic High School had a similiar program where during non-cold seasons girls were allowed to wear either skirts or long pants, but it was mandatory to wear pants during winter. And I know a few girls who would rather wear pants all year long. The same can be said for the other way.

And how are pants the epitome of militarism anyway? Guys just calm down...

13:06 22/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, in my Catholic High School girls had the option to wear both pants and skirts.

It wasn't mandatory to wear a specific one during any season though. Some girls wore skirts all year long...

A hot girl will still be a hot girl wearing pants though. Girls pants are tight, and you can see their asses better (nicely outlined).

Comment by GWT
    21:53 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I like it. It looks stylish in a weird sort of way.
    I-I mean, THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Comment by Rinfinite
    19:59 09/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

What will become of our beloved thigh highs and the zettai ryouiki that comes with it!? This is blashpemy!